HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Halo 4

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-12-2012, 04:18 PM
  #526
glasgow26
Registered User
 
glasgow26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Diddy View Post
Like other posts around day 1, I also am lead to believe that some classic game types need to be brought back

-SWAT
-Team Snipers
-Team Rockets

I call Big Infinite Slayer BTB anyway, but I sympathize and wish we could mix it up in the vote with an objective type match

As much flak as the jump pack gets in here, I find using it in regicide has me laughing almost to tears each map bashing down backstabbing nubs, but becomes suicide in BTB
SWAT is back, I played it today. But yeah, there are a few game modes that I really enjoyed and I don't understand why they'd take them out. Objective-based BTB and team snipers were a lot of fun.

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:36 PM
  #527
Z-Diddy
Registered User
 
Z-Diddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Uh... Brooklyn!
Country: Canada
Posts: 779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow26 View Post
SWAT is back, I played it today. But yeah, there are a few game modes that I really enjoyed and I don't understand why they'd take them out. Objective-based BTB and team snipers were a lot of fun.
I wouldn't get disgruntled, the game was already poised for follow-up episodic content, and likely as much DLC as Reach, other types worth noting

Classic Zombies & Wingman

What was that mongoose race gong show called? That was good for about 2-3 races and laughs with friends but grew stale almost immediately, maybe give that a look , say pit 2-man teams driver/gunner warthog deathrace style first to each marker (map size might be an issue)

Z-Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:14 PM
  #528
Slapshot_11
Registered User
 
Slapshot_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Judging from the inflammatory tone, dismissive attitude, grammar, and unneeded arrogance, you're likely fairly young. I get that you love Halo, although you were likely too young to remember Halo:CE and the effect it had on the landscape of the medium. I get that you don't like the changes made in Halo 4's multiplayer. But again, just look around. Most major review sites are giving big thumbs up to Halo 4's multiplayer, especially after the disaster of Halo: Reach. There's a reason there is a renewed interest in competitive Halo multiplayer, and there's a reason Major League Gaming is adopting Halo 4 into their 2013 competitive season.

Microsoft had been losing a huge share of the competitive FPS gaming community to CoD after Halo 2 began to get stale, the generation shift, and the meteoric rise of the first Modern Warfare. The changes made to Halo 4's multiplayer are for the positive because it is what the competitive gaming community wants, collectively. A large majority of people don't like being jockeyed around teams midmatch, waiting ten years to respawn, and needing to memorize the power weapon spawning locations of every map to stand a chance at survival. 343 has changed all of this. Yes, the new product is closer to Call of Duty than it was before, but remind me why that's a bad thing? There's a reason Black Ops was and still is the most popular competitive FPS in the history of the genre.

Does the DMR need to be nerfed? Probably. But every major FPS has had "that gun" that seems to be insanely overpowered upon release of the game. Halo:CE had the Pistol, Counterstrike the AWP Sniper Rifle, MW2 the UMP95, Black Ops the FAMAS, MW3 the MP7. The list goes on and on.

Does the instant respawn system need to be tweaked? Yeah, that's fair, too. I don't assume you have any experience in computer coding, but instant respawning is extremely hard to program correctly. It takes a lot of trial and error to finally get right. Halo 4's is incredibly refined, considering the game has been out for a week. I'm willing to give 343 a fair shake at ironing out the kinks with this considered.

You can brag all you want about your uber 1337 KDR and WLR, but you sound like a bitter, presumptuous, angry child. No one is saying the game is redefining the genre. It's simply made some positive changes that are attracting new players and roping back in older fans. How that is a bad thing, I'll never know.
I remember CE like yesterday, it was my first xbox game so you're wrong about that. Your point about how major review sites give halo 4 a thumbs up literally means nothing. Reach got HUGE thumbs up also and how did that work for it?

Oh and if you want to talk about stuff, make sure you know what your talking about because MLG has not adopted halo 4. Dallas was a exhibition and basically advertising, Sundance has given no information about h4 being in MLG, in fact hes been on twitter asking for people opinions if Cod or halo should be put on. I bet you didn't know reach was also on mlg so in the end it really doesn't matter because once the honeymoon phase is over for people then you can tell if the game is good or not.


Halo 2 got stale?? Lol by who? If they released Halo 2 anniversary with online and everything still in from the original, I guarantee half or more of halo 4s population goes to h2, while the other half goes to blops2. Are you really trying to tell me what the competitive halo community wants when you've been with cod? I am a part of the competitive halo community, I KNOW what it wants and its not this.

A large majority of people don't like starting games 4v1 and killing someone then getting killed by the same person 1 second later. When you die you should be punished for your mistake and wait 5 seconds or "ten years to respawn" like you put it

The DMR is a power weapon that you can start with. You can kill a guy from one side of Vahalla to the other, that is a joke and is not halo. It changes the way to play in a bad way with people just camping on there side and never pushing up. The DMR takes no skill to use and the average joe would have no problem 5 shotting someone. The CE pistol took the most skill out of any halo weapon to date and thats why it is loved by competitive players.

I wasn't bragging at all, you assume I was mad about this game because I was doing poorly, I was just proving you wrong.

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:42 PM
  #529
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 19,737
vCash: 500
Halo 2 did get stale. There was not a large community playing by the time Reach came out, some diehards but 2 was still on the original Xbox.

I could see them offering a download multiplayer via Xbox Live but you're not going to lose half the community. MLG was not in Reach until later on, at least six months after it was released.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:48 PM
  #530
Unaffiliated
Registered User
 
Unaffiliated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot_11 View Post
Earning the highest praises lol from who? Game reviewers who play this game then go on to the next game or cod kids who jump ship once. Absolutely noone from the competitive community likes these changes

Yup, sure having difficulty adjusting getting 69 win % and 2.1 k/d going in alone and having to deal with getting put on teams with less people then the other team LOL.

Dont talk like you know what halo was about before because you literally have no ****ing clue. Cross map sniping? You must be talking about halo 4 with mini dmr snipers that can kill you across the map, there is no reason to push to the other base now because you just get melted.

Everyone bumping around like a cartoon character eh, better then ******s jetpacking up in the air like *******

You talk like you know what you're talking about but your just a cod kid, its funny as hell
oh my goodness i'm so scared of this guy

Unaffiliated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:28 PM
  #531
Slapshot_11
Registered User
 
Slapshot_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Halo 2 did get stale. There was not a large community playing by the time Reach came out, some diehards but 2 was still on the original Xbox.

I could see them offering a download multiplayer via Xbox Live but you're not going to lose half the community. MLG was not in Reach until later on, at least six months after it was released.
The halo 2 servers were shut off way before Reach...

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:46 PM
  #532
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 19,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot_11 View Post
The halo 2 servers were shut off way before Reach...
Shortly before and barely anyone was playing it at that time.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:03 PM
  #533
Slapshot_11
Registered User
 
Slapshot_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Shortly before and barely anyone was playing it at that time.
No, it wasn't shortly before and halo 3 was out why would anyone play a original xbox game instead of a 360 one besides the hardcores? Same thing when Reach came out and everybody left 3 when 3 is 10 times the better game. If they brought back halo 2 with updated graphics and **** it would get a huge chunk of population.

Half the people playing halo 4 right now will leave anyways when blops2 comes out

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:11 PM
  #534
Satan
a e s t h e t i c
 
Satan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: drink pepsi
Country: Norway
Posts: 74,898
vCash: 69
SWAT is back and I love it.

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:30 PM
  #535
Lessavyfav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Xbox servers shut down in April 2010. Reach came out in Sept 2010.

Lessavyfav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:53 PM
  #536
Surrounded By Ahos
Keep firing, Ahos!
 
Surrounded By Ahos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,225
vCash: 2864
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-20004670-52.html

May 10, 2010 was the day the last player was booted from Halo 2.

Surrounded By Ahos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:13 PM
  #537
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 19,737
vCash: 500
Point is nobody was really playing it. I loved Halo 2 but never played it again once 3 came out. Reach was in Beta. People were playing it.

Halo 4 - send your hologram over a dead body in matchmaking, it teabags for you. LOL.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 12:23 AM
  #538
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,612
vCash: 500
I would LOVE to have a Halo 2 anniversary with the online exactly the same as it was back then.

Loved maps like Waterworks and Headlong. Would buy it the day of if they released it.


Last edited by Lynk: 11-13-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 10:36 AM
  #539
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,118
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I would LOVE to have a Halo 2 anniversary with the online exactly the same as it was back then.

Loved maps like Waterworks and Headlong. Would buy it the day of if they released it.
Halo 2 did have the best multiplayer maps by far.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 10:52 AM
  #540
Unholy
kesbae
 
Unholy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 12,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Halo 2 did have the best multiplayer maps by far.
Agreed. Perfect blend for regular slayer and objective games. Especially for 1 flag or 1 bomb.

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 12:46 PM
  #541
Riseonfire
R+L=J
 
Riseonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Point is nobody was really playing it. I loved Halo 2 but never played it again once 3 came out. Reach was in Beta. People were playing it.

Halo 4 - send your hologram over a dead body in matchmaking, it teabags for you. LOL.

PLEASE tell me that seriously happens! That would be amazing.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:57 PM
  #542
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 22,081
vCash: 1150
It gets kind of aggravating and repetitive when you get Ragnarok every single BTB game...

I love BTB, but we get it... It was in Halo 3, why the hell do we have to play either that or the occasional Exile every single game?

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:57 PM
  #543
Z-Diddy
Registered User
 
Z-Diddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Uh... Brooklyn!
Country: Canada
Posts: 779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
PLEASE tell me that seriously happens! That would be amazing.
Indeed it does, quite the comical show

Although I only find this socially acceptable when the victims are your friends

Z-Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 03:32 PM
  #544
Hanta Yo
Bag it up
 
Hanta Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,574
vCash: 500
Glad to see SWAT back. I'm disappointed in the lack of 8 vs 8 big team objective games. Would love to see assault, multi bomb, one flag and mult flag all return with 8 v 8.

Hanta Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 03:40 PM
  #545
FakeKidPoker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,660
vCash: 500
Why is there no BTB objective?

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 03:41 PM
  #546
FakeKidPoker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot_11 View Post
I remember CE like yesterday, it was my first xbox game so you're wrong about that. Your point about how major review sites give halo 4 a thumbs up literally means nothing. Reach got HUGE thumbs up also and how did that work for it?

Oh and if you want to talk about stuff, make sure you know what your talking about because MLG has not adopted halo 4. Dallas was a exhibition and basically advertising, Sundance has given no information about h4 being in MLG, in fact hes been on twitter asking for people opinions if Cod or halo should be put on. I bet you didn't know reach was also on mlg so in the end it really doesn't matter because once the honeymoon phase is over for people then you can tell if the game is good or not.


Halo 2 got stale?? Lol by who? If they released Halo 2 anniversary with online and everything still in from the original, I guarantee half or more of halo 4s population goes to h2, while the other half goes to blops2. Are you really trying to tell me what the competitive halo community wants when you've been with cod? I am a part of the competitive halo community, I KNOW what it wants and its not this.

A large majority of people don't like starting games 4v1 and killing someone then getting killed by the same person 1 second later. When you die you should be punished for your mistake and wait 5 seconds or "ten years to respawn" like you put it

The DMR is a power weapon that you can start with. You can kill a guy from one side of Vahalla to the other, that is a joke and is not halo. It changes the way to play in a bad way with people just camping on there side and never pushing up. The DMR takes no skill to use and the average joe would have no problem 5 shotting someone. The CE pistol took the most skill out of any halo weapon to date and thats why it is loved by competitive players.

I wasn't bragging at all, you assume I was mad about this game because I was doing poorly, I was just proving you wrong.
Reach got great reviews and got great sales as well.. over 10 million

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 03:48 PM
  #547
FakeKidPoker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Just finished the campaign,

Spoil:

It was awesome campaign, I still think ODST (best campaign ever) and Halo 2 were tads better. Definitely was refreshing compared to Bungie's, "Start at Point A", "Go to Point B", "Head back to Point A", and "Finish the level at Point C" style.

I thought the Prometheans were fun to play against and were hella hard, but need more variation. It got quite boring just playing against Knights, Watchers, and Crawlers.

I also agree with the majority here that the Library scene had too much info and I came out of it puzzling. I actually still don't know what the Didact was trying to do? I believe he wanted to restore Forerunners back the glory days and only way to start that was by destroying Humans? Correct?

I also have no idea why the Elites rejoined the Covenant and how there is even a Covenant between them, indoctrination probably by Didact? And where the hell are the Brutes and Prophets?

Last thing is I disliked how they made such a mystery race like the Forerunners and exposed them clearly. I don't mind showing Librarian's face, but I think they should've kept Didact's face closer the end of the game.

I also would like to see Chiefs main team of Kelly/Fred join up in the 5 or 6. I love the organic Cortana theory, but if they decide to keep her dead, then Kelly/Fred would be awesome replacements to Cortana.

Next is I don't think Didact will be the main bad guy. I beat the game on heroic so I don't know if there is a legendary ending, but during Epilogue it sounds like Didact's thoughts right when he is falling during Midnight. With these two lines being the most noticeable to me,

"The reclamation... has already begun."
"And we are hopeless to stop it."

So that means that he (or something) has set into motion something called reclamation and not even the Didact can stop it.
It was good.

A big change from the Bungie games though, did not like how they blew the lid of the forerunners though and the apparent retcon from the previous games.

I love fighting Covenant but I do think it is time to give them a break.. they should not have had such a big part in 4.. and to offer no reason why the truce was broken and why it was the Elites of all races to be with them well thats bad.

Promethans were okay.. hope there are some big changes to them in 5 though as they got pretty annoying... and stale rather quickly.

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 04:15 PM
  #548
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 19,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
PLEASE tell me that seriously happens! That would be amazing.
Oh it does and it's quite the distraction.


HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 04:52 PM
  #549
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 19,737
vCash: 500
There is a game mode in custom games called extraction, not on any play lists yet. Seems pretty cool.

New maps are coming in December. They should also add the forge map to the play list.

On Halo 2, probably what really killed it for me was all the modding that started going on. Guys were flying around the map, using Ghosts on Midship, ect.


Last edited by HawksFan74: 11-13-2012 at 05:34 PM.
HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 05:36 PM
  #550
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 22,081
vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
There is a game mode in custom games called extraction, not on any play lists yet. Seems pretty cool.

New maps are coming in December. They should also add the forge map to the play list.

On Halo 2, probably what really killed it for me was all the modding that started going on. Guys were flying around the map, using Ghosts on Midship, ect.
If they do more Halo 3 re-makes I want to see a Sandtrap. So many fun times on that map.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.