HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Halo 4

Old
11-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Co Ho*

vCash: 500
I wish they would remake all the classics. I understand they like to spread them out over numerous games (well Bungie did at least), but having them all in one game would be awesome.

I would be insanely happy if Halo 4 were to include Sidewinder, Blood Gulch, Lockout, Headlong, etc.

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 08:27 PM
SettlementRichie10

Ugh, servers are down. Boo.

SettlementRichie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

My main issue is even in BTB no one talks anymore. Not even the prepubescent children who apparently had relations with my mother.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Mission 4 was going so well, died like twice until the LZ part...

Dear God, why do they do this to us? A better question, WHY THE HELL DIDN'T I LEARN FROM REACH THAT YOU NEVER DO SOLO LEGENDARY?

As is 20 crawlers and 5 knights at a time in like 10 waves isn't enough, the damn watchers come and start summoning more and re-incarnating the corpses... If you try to destroy them all of the little ****** start shooting at you and destroy your turrets... Mother of God it is beyond frustrating. I do fine until the wave of about 40 crawlers come and the 5 knights all release watchers... Knights are no problem one-on-one with a turret, and an auto-sentry helps a little with the crawlers, but there's just too many of them...

Any advice for this? I ended up turning off my Xbox once I started to scream.

EDIT: I just looked up a walkthrough... I was about two seconds from finishing it... My eye is twitching.

Last edited by Dellstrom: 11-13-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 09:35 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
All the advice I have for you on Legendary is to slowly go into each battle part and I mean slowly. Go to prime positions on the map where you can run away for your shields to recharge. I don't exactly remember which part you're on, but also shoot from a distance on Knights (they will win any melee battle).

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 10:18 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post

Dear God, why do they do this to us? A better question, WHY THE HELL DIDN'T I LEARN FROM REACH THAT YOU NEVER DO SOLO LEGENDARY?

As is 20 crawlers and 5 knights at a time in like 10 waves isn't enough, the damn watchers come and start summoning more and re-incarnating the corpses... If you try to destroy them all of the little ****** start shooting at you and destroy your turrets... Mother of God it is beyond frustrating. I do fine until the wave of about 40 crawlers come and the 5 knights all release watchers... Knights are no problem one-on-one with a turret, and an auto-sentry helps a little with the crawlers, but there's just too many of them...

EDIT: I just looked up a walkthrough... I was about two seconds from finishing it... My eye is twitching.
I went up to the top turret. They didn't come up at you as much, just the crawlers here and there. Also have an auto turret as your ability, it really distracts them. It took me many tries to figure out how to get past there. Have to destroy the watchers because like you said they will resurrect the

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post

Both times I beat it on solo (Heroic and then Legendary), I used the turret on the right as well as the armour perk that gives you a turret (I put that between the two turrets). I grabbed the rail gun at the bottom of the hill, as well as the DMR at the top of the hill as my weapons (DMR vs crawlers and watchers, rail gun against knights). It also helps if you have a few marines still alive to help you. Also, when you lose shields, detach the turret and back up. If you run out of ammo, either use your weapons or the other turret depending on where the enemies are. Always take out the watchers first, that needs to be your top priority. This strategy only took me like 3-4 tries on legendary.

Old
11-14-2012, 03:25 AM
Unholy
kesbae

Been having some good rounds in BTS tonight. Was just on Exile and for some reason no one wanted the tank and I hadn't even used it once in multiplayer yet so I said why not. Went 15-0 till my first death

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Slapshot_11

embarrassing how much the population fell after blops 2 came out

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Z-Diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot_11 View Post
embarrassing how much the population fell after blops 2 came out
I was wondering how much of a drop-off the community would see

I'm not sure how many others are experiencing lag only during Spartan Ops, I haven't had a blip in matchmaking or campaign, but each session I've played of SO with friends one or more of us is having latency problems. And finishing the second episode last chapter wasn't as much difficult on legendary as much as it was a giant pain in the ace. The frustration was so high I almost frisbee'd the disc out the window, not a blatant stall but small delay in button response, and felt like I was running on ice similar to a Super Mario Bros winter level

Either way it just felt so disappointing for a game so highly regarded, because of it I'm almost ready to make the jump to COD

Z-Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:33 AM
x Tame Impala

Just beat the game on Heroic and have a few questions...

Spoil:
1) Still dont know what the Librarian did to Chief so he could "beat the didect"

2) What the hell did Cortana do to hold down the Didect?

3) Is the Didect dead? He had a little epilogue after the credits so i'm not sure

4) Chief killing Elites again? I understand killing Brutes and Grunts and Jackals and Hunters but not Elites. "A lot can happen in 4 years" is the only explanation i got.

5) What happened at the end? Chief set off the nuke and then Cortana teleported him to safety?

Lots of fun with the campaign. Beautifully done. Missions were the perfect blend of pace and duration. There was FINALLY no Flood for me to kill which i absolutely loved. Nearly 10 different types of enemies to kill. I actually had reasons to use almost every gun in the game, which has never happened before.

Edit: Also, LOTS of mission variety this time around. Plenty of the normal run and gun Chief stuff, but i also FINALLY got to fly a Pelican, and that last mission flying the spaceship around was a lot of fun.

HOWEVER...

-I found myself struggling to find ammo (especially with human weapons) throughout the entire campaign

-I didn't like how they took detail away from the Covenant, especially Elites. They went from being viscious and detailed 9'0 tall Alien Monsters to being blobby, masked taller Aliens slightly harder to kill.

-Lots of mission variety but also a lot of "Go turn on these 3 switches and you'll set off XYZ"

Cant wait for Halo 5!

x Tame Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 12:04 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

Spoil:
1) Still dont know what the Librarian did to Chief so he could "beat the didect"

3) Is the Didect dead? He had a little epilogue after the credits so i'm not sure

4) Chief killing Elites again? I understand killing Brutes and Grunts and Jackals and Hunters but not Elites. "A lot can happen in 4 years" is the only explanation i got.

5) What happened at the end? Chief set off the nuke and then Cortana teleported him to safety?

Lots of fun with the campaign. Beautifully done. Missions were the perfect blend of pace and duration. There was FINALLY no Flood for me to kill which i absolutely loved. Nearly 10 different types of enemies to kill. I actually had reasons to use almost every gun in the game, which has never happened before.

Edit: Also, LOTS of mission variety this time around. Plenty of the normal run and gun Chief stuff, but i also FINALLY got to fly a Pelican, and that last mission flying the spaceship around was a lot of fun.

HOWEVER...

-I found myself struggling to find ammo (especially with human weapons) throughout the entire campaign

-I didn't like how they took detail away from the Covenant, especially Elites. They went from being viscious and detailed 9'0 tall Alien Monsters to being blobby, masked taller Aliens slightly harder to kill.
I actually liked the little ammo, to me it showed that I was the only human in the area and that humans were barely on the planet in the first place.

I agreed. I though Bungie's covenant was much better in terms of individual AI and detail. I also hated how the grunts and pelicans looked compared to Halo: Reach. Though I think the Covenant AI was much better in this as a group game compared to Bungie's.

Another thing I didn't like was how they altered the demo level from E3 2012, I really wanted to play those sequences.

Alright to try and answer your questions,
Spoil:
1) Still don't know, but I believe she altered (developed) his DNA and genes (make him more Forerunner perhaps) to survive against Didact's weapons. Remember Chief was able to hear Didact in his head and Cortana couldn't, could be telepathic as well!?

2) Your guess is as good as mine.

3) IMO I think that was his memories right when he was defeated by a human.

4) Only answer we got is Cortana says, "A lot can happen in 4 years". What I think was indoctrination by the Didact. Also we're playing in the Chief views floating in space for 4 years, we have no idea about the outside world.

5) Again no solid answer, but what I think is Cortana used the light bridge we were on as a shield, if you go look at every light bridge on Requiem it looks almost computer like, so I can see Cortana altering it for Chiefs benefit and safety.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I actually liked the little ammo, to me it showed that I was the only human in the area and that humans were barely on the planet in the first place.

I agreed. I though Bungie's covenant was much better in terms of individual AI and detail. I also hated how the grunts and pelicans looked compared to Halo: Reach. Though I think the Covenant AI was much better in this as a group game compared to Bungie's.

Another thing I didn't like was how they altered the demo level from E3 2012, I really wanted to play those sequences.

Alright to try and answer your questions,
Spoil:
1) Still don't know, but I believe she altered (developed) his DNA and genes (make him more Forerunner perhaps) to survive against Didact's weapons. Remember Chief was able to hear Didact in his head and Cortana couldn't, could be telepathic as well!?

2) Your guess is as good as mine.

3) IMO I think that was his memories right when he was defeated by a human.

4) Only answer we got is Cortana says, "A lot can happen in 4 years". What I think was indoctrination by the Didact. Also we're playing in the Chief views floating in space for 4 years, we have no idea about the outside world.

5) Again no solid answer, but what I think is Cortana used the light bridge we were on as a shield, if you go look at every light bridge on Requiem it looks almost computer like, so I can see Cortana altering it for Chiefs benefit and safety.
Spoil:

1) That part reminded me of Harry Potter and hearing Voldemort/his scar hurting

2) I think in the last mission, you're duplicating Cortana to overload the Forerunner construct's mainframe? Maybe she was able to manipulate the light bridge that the Didact was on because she could overload the system supporting it. That's the impression I got at least.

3) I think it's open to interpretation. This, along with Cortana's disappearance, probably help provide the foundation for Halo 5.

4) That's a good point about working with the Prometheans/Didact, that would make sense and resolve the plot hole. They might have been indoctrinated, but they also might be working towards a common goal.

5) This confused me too. I just assumed they pulled a "LOST", if you've seen that show then you'd know something similar happens. They definitely could have portrayed that better though, absolutely no evidence or explanation was given.

Just played my first night of multiplayer, went on a 24 kill streak with the Wraith tank, sooo close to the untouchable medal!

So far I'm digging the maps, but like you guys said, not enough big maps. Hopefully the DLC addresses that shortcoming.

Old
11-14-2012, 01:47 PM
RipsADrive
Be afraid

A big thing I want is for them to put in a proper FFA playlist.

Regicide is fun but I really don't like how much of a handicap the king has. Yesterday I lost a game where I was the king the entire game going 29-8 but got killed last second by a guy who went 12-11.

I think it's a neat game mode and wouldn't complain if it was placed in an action sack style FFA playlist but its really not suitable for being the exclusive FFA mode. There really needs to be a standard "first to 25 kills" mode where the best player wins.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 02:18 PM
x Tame Impala

^^^^
Agreed. Bring back regular FFA, Double Team, and Head to Head please...oh and a normal Big Team Battle that isn't on one map every time.

Has anyone played any other maps besides Haven and the two others that start with an "A"? I seem to only get matched up in those 3 and Ragnorok in BTB. The rest of the maps are really good, its a shame i get such a small sample size

Old
11-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Z-Diddy

Quote:
oh and a normal Big Team Battle that isn't on one map every time.

Has anyone played any other maps besides Haven and the two others that start with an "A"? I seem to only get matched up in those 3 and Ragnorok in BTB. The rest of the maps are really good, its a shame i get such a small sample size
It's like you're reading my mind...

The only defense of the monotony I can think of being rarely successful is using reverse psychology on the lobby, using childish mannerisms screech your cravings to repeat Haven for the 5th time in a row, and sheer spite may sway a few votes… Then again that’s a pretty low level to stoop to for most myself included to boot like others have said no one uses a mic anyway... (sigh) rock a party of 6+ and get some biased votes for the greater good

Tis’ a dang shame…

Z-Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Patchey*

I REALLY wish they would have kept the old BR sound instead of the horrible new one. It sounds so weak now.

Patchey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Jacob8hockey*

To the last couple guys with the spoliers. I can help you guys with the answers when I get home! Just have to leave now. Pretty sure I can answer them all.

Jacob8hockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 09:49 AM
x Tame Impala

Eagerly anticipating. Thanks!

Old
11-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Jacob8hockey*

Quote:

Spoil:

Spoil:

1) The librarian made the Chief immune I guess you could say to the Composer, the thing that melted the other humans on the space mission.

2) Not 100% sure but she split up her rampancy (I believe) to make herself focus? I am pretty sure she then made the bridge and then she just did what she did (I dont know about this one tbh).

3) I don't think there is a 100% answer but I am saying no. I originally thought the trilogy will be able killing the Didact, and I am assuming he never died.

4) This was never explained in the campaign but 343 said it a couple times online. This type of covenent are a group that doesn't follow everyone else. Almost like a different race which explains why they look different since they were suppose to look different on purpose. I believe they were called Storm Elites and Storm Grunts etc...

5) This one I understood as Cortana saved the part of her that wasn't destroyed and made a shield for the Chief to protect him from the blast. Basically it was Cortana sacrificing herself for Chief.

Hope you understand a bit from what I was trying to say. It is really confusing imo. I played through the campaign twice and I didn't catch it all until the 2nd time through.

Also if people are still confused I recommend rewatching cutscenes on youtube.

Jacob8hockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 03:41 PM
AfroThunder396
Certified G

vCash: 835
Quote:

Spoil:

Spoil:

1. Remember when The Didact recovered The Composer, and vaporized everyone on the ship? She made him immune to that. The Didact turns humans into digital information using The Composer, destroying their physical bodies, and then re-animates them as Promethians under his command.

2. She used her rampancy to copy herself, and since she was in the digital system she was able to manifest herself into a physical form from the light bridge.

3. I don't think so. The impression I got was that The Didact was going to try to revive the Forerunners and start a war on humanity, but that's pure speculation on my part. We don't see him die, and Forerunners are so broken I would assume they use some stupid plot device to kept him alive for the sequels.

4. The Covenant in this game are a splinter faction of the actual Covenant army called 'Storm Covenant'. They disagreed with the Covenant's peace treaty with the humans, so they broke away from them and act like the war is still going on, only the Elites are the leadership as opposed to the Prophets. The Elites and the Brutes fought a war with each other after the events of Halo 3, the Elites kicked their *****, and so the Brutes went back to their home world and are no longer in the Covenant.

You have to remember that the Covenant worship the Forerunners as gods. The whole point of the Human/Covenant war was that the Prophets didn't the rest of the Covenant to find out the humans were actually who the Forerunners picked to be their successors, not the Covenant. So they wanted to exterminate humanity and become the self-righteous rulers of the galaxy. That was the idea the Storm Covenant had, until they ran into an actual Forerunner in The Didact, so the worshiped and served him instead. Ironically, he wants to kill the humans too because they killed his sons in the Human/Forerunner war.

5. She used the light bridge to make a shield which protected Master Chief from the blast. That's why when the Infinity finds him, he's floating through space. Everything around him was destroyed in the blast.

I agree with everything you said though. It was a good game, more cinematic and narrative driven than the Bungie trilogy, but that's all good. My only complaint was it was a little shorter than I had hoped.

The cutscenes were the best cinematic CG I've ever seen in a game. My room mate kept asking me if they were actors or CG.

Last edited by AfroThunder396: 11-15-2012 at 03:48 PM.
AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 07:42 PM
glasgow26

Just beat the campaign. It was awesome but very short. I played on normal and beat it in five and a half hours. Some plot points were kind of confusing and I didn't really know who I was fighting and why at certain points, but overall it was a lot of fun.

Multiplayer is a blast, though there are a few things I don't like:

- Joining games in progress. It sucks joining a game of CTF where the team you join is down 4-0 with three minutes left in the game. I've always hated joining games in progress in COD and I'm bummed that Halo does this now.

- Regicide is dumb. Bring back standard FFA Slayer, where the first person to 25 kills wins.

- Bring back BTB Objective. 8v8 CTF is always fun.

- The ghost has been nerfed big time. In fact, it seems like the covenant vehicles are much weaker than the UNSC vehicles overall.

- The maps are pretty lackluster and it seems like I end up playing the same few maps over and over again. Everyone votes for Ragnarok or Exile in BTB games and in CTF, and the rest of the maps are pretty bad (except for Complex). I'd love for them to bring back some Halo 2 maps. That game had perfect maps for each game mode.

Other than that, the game is awesome and definitely an improvement over Reach. I just had my best game yet while playing CTF on Ragnarok. Went 26-2 with 11 assists and a capture. It felt good!

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Slapshot_11

Complex is one of the worst maps. Hell, there is maybe 2-3 good maps and the rest are meh to garbage

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:43 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Why can't they map design like in Halo 2 days. These maps are just incredibly boring.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Unholy
kesbae

The BTS maps I like. Vortex and Exile are pretty fun for me. I haven't played much of regular slayer though.. try not to when I am playing by myself for obvious reasons. Don't care for Complex either. Other team just camps in that one building or actually on it and never go anywhere else.

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote