HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Halo 4

Old
12-10-2012, 12:25 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot_11 View Post
Quit playing this game 2 weeks ago but put it in today to get the maps because I got the LE but apparently people with LE are unable to get them even though thats one of the perks of getting the LE is to get all the DLC included.

lol this game is a terrible beta
http://www.examiner.com/article/halo...n-pass-holders

It's up now. This is not a Halo problem. Microsoft has had these very same issues with other games. GOW2 and Borderlands are recent ones.

Last edited by HawksFan74: 12-10-2012 at 02:32 PM.
HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

How are the DLC Maps? I've been thinking about buying them but I'm going to hold off to make sure that I like the game first.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 12:10 AM
Slapshot_11

Oh, and theres a glitch or maybe they are just plain ******** but you could download the maps for free. I dont know if its still available but what a big F U to people who bought the map pass and LE.

lol

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 10:31 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
How are the DLC Maps? I've been thinking about buying them but I'm going to hold off to make sure that I like the game first.
They are ok, better than the big team maps they released the game with.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Slapshot_11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
Big, uncreative, framerate issues, one map literally blinds you. Theres one that I actually think would be pretty good if they design it better

but who cares its free

Old
12-12-2012, 12:11 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Big, uncreative, framerate issues, one map literally blinds you. Theres one that I actually think would be pretty good if they design it better

but who cares its free
Haha, this is actually true.

They need to put some of the user created Forge maps in there like Reach did.

Old
12-16-2012, 09:11 AM
G F O P
kawaii

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Brand...-pizza-in.html

Quote:
Pizza Hut has been offering a Halo 4 Stuffed Crust Pizza in the UK since October!

Halo 4 is a recently-released, popular video game for the Xbox 360 and this is actually the second year that Pizza Hut UK has offered a pizza inspired by the game series.

Last year, they offered the Halo Anniversary Pizza which, according to this YouTube review, had nothing to do with Halo beyond the name. It was just a normal pizza topped with chicken, pepperoni, onion, and mixed peppers and was declared "un-Halo-ish." They didn't even have a special Halo box complained the video review.

G F O P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Slapshot_11

Quote:
Oh, and theres a glitch or maybe they are just plain ******** but you could download the maps for free. I dont know if its still available but what a big F U to people who bought the map pass and LE.

lol
So a little update from this, MS/343 **** up and make the maps free to download, at first they say it was there fault and whoever downloaded them for a certain time will get them for free.

But then MS decided that they are going to go turnaround and lie and say its a "14 free play promotion" that was only mentioned after the fact just to get the money back. Whatever no big deal I guess... but now they are banning people who have downloaded it for free

Old
12-18-2012, 05:01 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Does 343 have some limitation to the amount of game types they can have in matchmaking? They keep taking **** out!

Reach was better in so many ways other than game play.

Reach or any previous Halo game

- No instant respawns
- Better 4 vs. 4 maps
- Map control was essential - not anyone can camp around the corner with a bolt shot. Sword, shot gun are not as meaningful. Bolt shot should be a weapon pick up
- You have no idea how many power weapons are on the map, the other team can be rolling with 4 snipers.
- DMR is overpowered in 4
- No ranked playlist in 4
- Rank caps at 130, then what?
- Browser for finding forge maps sucks in 4

I like the game play in 4 but it's basically COD with shields.

Last edited by HawksFan74: 12-18-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old
12-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Jussi
Thank you, Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Does 343 have some limitation to the amount of game types they can have in matchmaking? They keep taking **** out!

- No instant respawns
- Better 4 vs. 4 maps
- Map control was essential - not anyone can camp around the corner with a bolt shot. Sword, shot gun are not as meaningful. Bolt shot should be a weapon pick up
- You have no idea how many power weapons are on the map, the other team can be rolling with 4 snipers.

It also works much better online than CoD right now. The whole interface, party system etc.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 07:40 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

Quote:

- No instant respawns
- Better 4 vs. 4 maps

I agree 100%. I have been a Halo diehard for 10 years now, but am really disappointed with 4. It's not Halo.

12-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Slapshot_11

MS shelled out 300M+ for a game and and company that has to go get maps made from another place (CI), missing or broken features that have been in every other halo (Theatre, File share, etc), terrible maps, no custom options, and cant even play classic halo settings.

Its a joke and the population shows it

Old
12-19-2012, 03:05 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
MS shelled out 300M+ for a game and and company that has to go get maps made from another place (CI), missing or broken features that have been in every other halo (Theatre, File share, etc), terrible maps, no custom options, and cant even play classic halo settings.

Its a joke and the population shows it
There are much better user created maps in Forge than anything they put out there. Only maps i like are Harvest, Haven, one with the trees and Ragnarock. Problem is, the search function for forge maps sucks.

Old
12-19-2012, 04:16 AM
Slapshot_11

Because file sharing is broken

Old
12-19-2012, 10:48 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Because file sharing is broken
With your friends it works but not with the search function.

Old
12-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Pantherkidd101
Don't Read This

Send a message via AIM to Pantherkidd101
Instant respawn, ordinances, and boltshot as a load out weapon all make this game horrible.

Also, getting hit in the shoulder and it counting a headshot. Also, can we get some more ****ing maps? I played Adrift 4 times in row yesterday. Also, double team, please?

Also, jetpack, sprinting, promethian(sp?) vision, autosentry, camo, and w/e the **** else needs to go. Make them map pickups.

I miss Halo 2 days where it took actual skill and teamwork too win games and where your level actually meant something. I miss BXR and double shots that took practice to master because if you ****ed up, you died.

Halo 3 was ok, Reach is trash, and 4 sucks right now, but it can be fixed if they really gave a ****.

Pantherkidd101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 11:09 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherkidd101 View Post
Instant respawn, ordinances, and boltshot as a load out weapon all make this game horrible.

Also, getting hit in the shoulder and it counting a headshot. Also, can we get some more ****ing maps? I played Adrift 4 times in row yesterday. Also, double team, please?

Also, jetpack, sprinting, promethian(sp?) vision, autosentry, camo, and w/e the **** else needs to go. Make them map pickups.

I miss Halo 2 days where it took actual skill and teamwork too win games and where your level actually meant something. I miss BXR and double shots that took practice to master because if you ****ed up, you died.

Halo 3 was ok, Reach is trash, and 4 sucks right now, but it can be fixed if they really gave a ****.
Here is all they have to do but they won't.

Ranked Play List with the following parameters,

- No Instant Respawn
- Limited Load Outs, No Bolt Shots
- No drops
- Limited armor abilities, I'd leave Run, Hologram

Maybe they will add a MLG playlist but I see nothing about ranked anymore. When I look at both games as a whole right now, this is worse than Reach.

Old
12-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:

- No instant respawns
- Better 4 vs. 4 maps

Halo 4 also improved a lot of things that sucked in Reach.

-No stupid motion blur whenever you turn
-Better multiplayer maps (Exile and Haven > Reach maps)
-No ridiculous armour abilities (armour lock)
-Weapons are much more balanced. Reach wasn't that bad, but 4 is even more balanced while adding many more weapons.
-Got rid of the credit system (I think this was a good idea)
-Better storyline and storytelling.
-Made bloom bearable.

They are adding a ranked playlist btw.

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 06:26 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Halo 4 also improved a lot of things that sucked in Reach.

-No stupid motion blur whenever you turn
-Better multiplayer maps (Exile and Haven > Reach maps)
-No ridiculous armour abilities (armour lock)
-Weapons are much more balanced. Reach wasn't that bad, but 4 is even more balanced while adding many more weapons.
-Got rid of the credit system (I think this was a good idea)
-Better storyline and storytelling.
-Made bloom bearable.

They are adding a ranked playlist btw.
I'll agree with you on the motion blur, I went back to Reach the other day and almost had a seizure. What do you mean they got rid of the credit system, it's still there in 4. The campaign is better in 4 but I'm talking about Mulitiplayer.

The multi-player maps are not better, part of this is because you had remakes of 2 & 3 maps on Reach. Weapons are balanced? You mean like you can spawn and camp with a shotgun (bolt shot). The DMR can take you down at any distance with barely any bloom? Armor lock sucked but I played Arena so it was a non factor.

There is absolutely no reason in 4 to control map areas, weapon respawns. Nothing to force the action in Slayer. It's not played like Halo should, and that right there is why it sucks compared to everything before it. Not to mention the guy you just killed rushing to finish you off before your shield's regenerate.

It's not the gameplay, it's the rules they have put in. As far as a ranked playlist, Link please because everything I have read has turned out to be wrong. Oh yeah and the ever changing playlist sucks. No doubles, no Slayer Pro now, no FFA now, No multi-team, No Team Snipers now.

Old
12-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Jussi
Thank you, Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherkidd101 View Post

Killcam is not accurate, don't rely on it.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

I like it. This is my first Halo. I was never a fan of Halo before, I got it because Blops 2 was so terrible. I had zero expectations for this game. Maybe that's why I like it. The game feels fairly balanced, the connection is good and I do well in it. I'm not super addicted to it, but I have fun when I play.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
I'll agree with you on the motion blur, I went back to Reach the other day and almost had a seizure. What do you mean they got rid of the credit system, it's still there in 4. The campaign is better in 4 but I'm talking about Mulitiplayer.
By credit system I mean earning credits and spending them on armour permutations and unlockables, rather than unlocking them via commendations like in Halo 4. Personally, I like the newer system much more.

Quote:
The multi-player maps are not better, part of this is because you had remakes of 2 & 3 maps on Reach. Weapons are balanced? You mean like you can spawn and camp with a shotgun (bolt shot). The DMR can take you down at any distance with barely any bloom? Armor lock sucked but I played Arena so it was a non factor.
Agree to disagree. I thought Reach had the weakest maps out of any Halo game and Halo 4 was a bit better, especially when comparing new maps.

As for weapon balance - DMR reigned supreme in Reach as well so I'm not sure what your point is here. At least in Halo 4, the light rifle is better for distance, the BR is better for close combat, and the assault rifle can be a viable weapon for certain maps/game types (king of the hill). In Halo 4, you can go into a battle with almost any weapon (save for some like plasma pistol) and have a solid chance of killing your opponent; I didn't get that feeling as much in Reach.

Quote:
There is absolutely no reason in 4 to control map areas, weapon respawns. Nothing to force the action in Slayer. It's not played like Halo should, and that right there is why it sucks compared to everything before it. Not to mention the guy you just killed rushing to finish you off before your shield's regenerate.
Somewhat agree. But that doesn't mean there isn't different choke points in certain maps or vantage points to control, which will always be the case for pretty much any FPS game. And ordinance drops at the beginning of the match still happen (albeit only once at the beginning), so this doesn't seem like much of an issue to me.

Quote:
It's not the gameplay, it's the rules they have put in. As far as a ranked playlist, Link please because everything I have read has turned out to be wrong. Oh yeah and the ever changing playlist sucks. No doubles, no Slayer Pro now, no FFA now, No multi-team, No Team Snipers now.

http://www.examiner.com/article/halo...ming-next-year
Agreed about the changing playlists, very odd and stupid.

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 05:10 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

^ That's not a ranked playlist like Arena or the 1-50 system in Halo 3. It will show you your tru-rank but you have to go to waypoint to view it. Nor will you have any idea the rank of the people you are playing against during matchmaking. There is nothing about adding a ranked play list to 4.

As far as commendations for unlocking lets say all the load out weapons. I want to see somebody finish off the Plasma Pistol with kills. That would be a royal pain in the ass.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:17 AM
AllAbout813

I really am enjoying the game so far (from what ive played, only still a SR36, work too much right now). I am also a Halo gamer who has been die hard since the glory days of Halo 2 and halo CE on the original Xbox. I know it is very far from Halo 2 and a lot has changed, but like others have said I think it is a major upgrade from Reach.

They also have said that they are adding more small maps into MM come Jan (whether that be from forge or map packs idk) so they are obviously listening to the community.

I dont really go for the super serious game style though now, and maybe thats why I am enjoying it more than some. I just like to hop on for a few games, shoot some people, and hop off.

Anyone else think Haven is the best halo map since any of the halo 3 maps (Guardian, the Pit). They nailed it with that map, it is so much fun to play and still does not get old for me.

As for the DMR/BR/Lightrifle. I try to mix it up between all three so I dont get bored, but I find myself using the BR mostly as thats what I have the most luck with. Unless i am on a Big Team map I then go DMR or Lightrifle.Have not really noticed anything being overpowered myself. And i have read the complaints on the Boltshot ("shotgun") and I have died from it less than 15 times in the 2 months i have had the game. I have also tried it myself and find it extremely hard to aim with and actually hit your opponent on the charge shot. Maybe in the more competitive matches you guys play, but i literally never see it used.

AllAbout813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 07:56 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAbout813 View Post
I really am enjoying the game so far (from what ive played, only still a SR36, work too much right now). I am also a Halo gamer who has been die hard since the glory days of Halo 2 and halo CE on the original Xbox. I know it is very far from Halo 2 and a lot has changed, but like others have said I think it is a major upgrade from Reach.

They also have said that they are adding more small maps into MM come Jan (whether that be from forge or map packs idk) so they are obviously listening to the community.

I dont really go for the super serious game style though now, and maybe thats why I am enjoying it more than some. I just like to hop on for a few games, shoot some people, and hop off.

Anyone else think Haven is the best halo map since any of the halo 3 maps (Guardian, the Pit). They nailed it with that map, it is so much fun to play and still does not get old for me.

As for the DMR/BR/Lightrifle. I try to mix it up between all three so I dont get bored, but I find myself using the BR mostly as thats what I have the most luck with. Unless i am on a Big Team map I then go DMR or Lightrifle.Have not really noticed anything being overpowered myself. And i have read the complaints on the Boltshot ("shotgun") and I have died from it less than 15 times in the 2 months i have had the game. I have also tried it myself and find it extremely hard to aim with and actually hit your opponent on the charge shot. Maybe in the more competitive matches you guys play, but i literally never see it used.
Play the smaller maps, it may be also the players you are getting matched up level wise.