HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Halo 4

Old
12-21-2012, 06:49 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
This was one of the quickest rises and falls as a game for me...

I had a blast for about a week, played it because there was nothing else to play for 2 weeks, then just stopped...

I can't pay it anymore without wanting to punch someone, and I never get mad in video games, unless it's legendary solo. But who doesn't get mad at that?

The only time I can stand to play is when I play with friends, but no one ever plays it anymore. Nothing will ever beat having your whole friends list on/recent players in a custom game lobby... Maybe Christmas will make it more enjoyable for awhile because of some friends getting it and all of the Christmas noobs... But until then I'm staying away. I love Spartan Ops, but they're not making any more for another month or so. Haven't played since then besides today.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 08:57 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
I recently got this game and kind of enjoy it. I think my biggest problem with this game is the fact that with reach and halo 4 you dont play all the maps in all playlists. They really shouldnt design 3 maps for each playlist and make you play them ovwr and over and over again. I do like the maps better then reach cause I feel at least this time they got creative. Reach was basically just rehash maps and a bunch of forge world maps.

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 04:54 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
I recently got this game and kind of enjoy it. I think my biggest problem with this game is the fact that with reach and halo 4 you dont play all the maps in all playlists. They really shouldnt design 3 maps for each playlist and make you play them ovwr and over and over again. I do like the maps better then reach cause I feel at least this time they got creative. Reach was basically just rehash maps and a bunch of forge world maps.
I'd take Countdown, Anchor 9, Pinnacle, Zealot over some of the garbage they have on there. Hell, I'd even take some Sword Base. Problem is the majority of the maps are big team maps with a million places to camp.

Still no Multiteam, doubles, ect. Downloaded a forge of The Cage and Last Resort the other night, it was awesome for custom games. Problem with these maps for the most part is way too much clutter.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
I'd take Countdown, Anchor 9, Pinnacle, Zealot over some of the garbage they have on there. Hell, I'd even take some Sword Base. Problem is the majority of the maps are big team maps with a million places to camp.

Still no Multiteam, doubles, ect. Downloaded a forge of The Cage and Last Resort the other night, it was awesome for custom games. Problem with these maps for the most part is way too much clutter.
I thought Countdown and Zealot were terrible maps (Zealot being a really really crappy version of Midship).
Honestly, they should just remake a bunch of classics in the following DLC map packs. I want to bring back Midship, Headlong, Colossus, Lockout, Burial Mounds, Beaver Creek, Containment, Turf, Waterworks, Zanzibar, Elongation, Relic, Terminal, etc.
I always loved Halo 2's maps the most, but comparing them to the recent Halo games just shows how amazing they were.

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

I'd play it more if games started faster. Maybe it's just for me but the matchmaking takes forever to get going.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 09:28 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
I thought Countdown and Zealot were terrible maps (Zealot being a really really crappy version of Midship).
Honestly, they should just remake a bunch of classics in the following DLC map packs. I want to bring back Midship, Headlong, Colossus, Lockout, Burial Mounds, Beaver Creek, Containment, Turf, Waterworks, Zanzibar, Elongation, Relic, Terminal, etc.
I always loved Halo 2's maps the most, but comparing them to the recent Halo games just shows how amazing they were.
Aside from Haven, none of the maps play like historic 4v4 Slayer maps. It doesn't help that you have little reason to move after the initial spawns.

There are good forge remakes for most of the maps you listed in 4. I suggest you download them for custom games. Lockout MLG & Spark are two different variations of that. Turf is out there. Last Resort is Zanzibar. Oh, do I miss Colossus.

343 is not going to put any Bungie remakes in there. At least I highly doubt it.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
I'd play it more if games started faster. Maybe it's just for me but the matchmaking takes forever to get going.
I'd blame it on the extra influx of players and the strain on servers. I had similar issues on BO 2 as well and Live Parties were acting wonky as well. That should ease up soon.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
343 is not going to put any Bungie remakes in there. At least I highly doubt it.
I think they're saving them for Halo 2 Anniversary.

Old
12-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Got it at release...played the first 2 single player missions...haven't touched it since...I'll eventually beat the story but it's biggest value to me right now is trade in towards GTA V

Scottyk9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I'd blame it on the extra influx of players and the strain on servers. I had similar issues on BO 2 as well and Live Parties were acting wonky as well. That should ease up soon.
It has always taken forever to join a game in halo , it wont change.

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 03:40 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:

Anchor 9 was an awesome map. Ive never found halo to be much of a game for campers, I reserve that honor for black ops.

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
I think they're saving them for Halo 2 Anniversary.
Tell me this is confirmed by 343.

Please.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 05:17 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
Anchor 9 was an awesome map. Ive never found halo to be much of a game for campers, I reserve that honor for black ops.
That's because pre Halo 4 you had to control areas of the map and power weapon respawns. You don't have to do that with random drops and personal drops based off points.

Old
12-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Tell me this is confirmed by 343.

Please.
Finnish games magazine Pelit interviewed Frankie O'Connor and they talked about previous games and dual wielding came up and Frankie said "if we ever do Halo 2 Anniversary Edition, it'll definitely be there.".

Old
12-29-2012, 11:19 PM
RussianRocket10

Got the game for Christmas and played it last night and tonight. I've only touched SWAT so far since I've been playing it since Halo 2. It seems like I'm not the only one here that hates the maps. Maybe I should get out of SWAT to play other ones but I'm already bored of the same 4 or so maps on there.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:55 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Argh just had 2 back to back 25+ kills, 380+ score, > 15 deaths and my team still ends up losing 1000-860 on big team deathmatch.

18Hossa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:16 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
Does anyone still play? The numbers are way down since I last played back in November IIRC (might've been early December).

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I haven't played it in over a month.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:54 PM
glasgow26

I was hooked for the first two weeks, then started playing less and less and now I haven't touched this game in almost two months. It got old fast.

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

I played the Community Forge playlist with a couple of friends. I had already played the Shutout map (= Lockout from Halo 2) in a custom game before but it was fun to play it in matchmaking, even though it looks a little weird.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:39 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
Almost at the point of shelving this game, the matchmaking is just too broken.

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:53 AM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
Too many people whine about this game these days, you go on and have fun.. which I do.. It's fun when you aren't too busy whining about deaths or matchmaking.

StreetSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSharks View Post
Too many people whine about this game these days, you go on and have fun.. which I do.. It's fun when you aren't too busy whining about deaths or matchmaking.
Much less whining on Halo 4 than BO 2. Now THAT game is ****ed up at the moment.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Slapshot_11

Quote:
Much less whining on Halo 4 than BO 2. Now THAT game is ****ed up at the moment.
Because tons of people have left halo4

atleast blops devs listens to the community and trys to fix/add things to make it better

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote