HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Vladimir Tarasenko

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2012, 09:52 AM
  #301
Market Street Heroes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Well, the Blues are first in the NHL lol so if that is his reasoning then....
Speaking of which, I would have to think the Blues success this season would increase his chances of coming over. It's alot more appealing to come over and play for a good team then it is to come over and play on a cellar dwellar.

Market Street Heroes is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 10:39 AM
  #302
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,255
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK 421 View Post
The Blues are deep at RW, but it's not like the position is teeming with elite skill sets either. There wouldn't be an issue there from the Blues or from Tarasenko whose played only 39 of his 176 KHL games on a 1st line. Guys dad trained to him to be a freakin super hero and routinely denied him PP time while sending him out to draw all the penalties last year. In any case, concern about minutes only comes up with SKA really as Sibir would certainly be sporting him on their 1st line and he understands he won't be jumping straight to the Blues 1st line. I would be incredibly surprised if he would even entertain an offer from anyone but Sibir or the Blues.
There are only 2 realistic possibilities for next season; SKA or the Blues. He is a RFA in the KHL, and you would have to assume that SKA would match any offer that was made by another KHL team. And Sibir don't have the money to make an offer that wouldn't be easily matched.

As for the ice time situation; it is what it is. He deserves more, but isn't going to get it now the playoffs are under way. He certainly wouldn't be getting less in St. Louis next season. What is funny, is that if he was getting the same level and quality of ice time in St Louis as he has at SKA despite his production, I'm sure some of those defending the current situation would be complaining about how bad Hitch is.

Alklha is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 10:52 PM
  #303
TK 421
Donut Squad
 
TK 421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,295
vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
There are only 2 realistic possibilities for next season; SKA or the Blues. He is a RFA in the KHL, and you would have to assume that SKA would match any offer that was made by another KHL team. And Sibir don't have the money to make an offer that wouldn't be easily matched.

As for the ice time situation; it is what it is. He deserves more, but isn't going to get it now the playoffs are under way. He certainly wouldn't be getting less in St. Louis next season. What is funny, is that if he was getting the same level and quality of ice time in St Louis as he has at SKA despite his production, I'm sure some of those defending the current situation would be complaining about how bad Hitch is.
If SKA does own his RFA rights then that's it, he's a Blue(opinion of course). Don't see him jumping on a 1 year or multi year to stay in the K when he's already shown he wants his path to the NHL open on a year by year basis.

TK 421 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 10:49 AM
  #304
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 500
Tarasenko is 6+3 after 6 1/3 games in KHL play-off (2+1 today after the 1st period) playing on the 4th line...

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 12:45 PM
  #305
Billy The Kid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Goin 2 retire in the
Country: United States
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Looks like he might of tucked another one for the hatty.

Billy The Kid is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 12:49 PM
  #306
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 500
Yeah, hat-trick and 7+3 after 7 games and tied for the 1st in a score-race... Radulov and Kuznetsov who?

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 12:49 PM
  #307
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy The Kid View Post
Looks like he might of tucked another one for the hatty.
Sure did , a hattrick and an assist...That's my boy!!!

h22prelude93 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 12:59 PM
  #308
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Check out that 1st goal...dope sauce!!!


h22prelude93 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 01:42 PM
  #309
bigbadbruins7
Registered User
 
bigbadbruins7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 1,977
vCash: 500
what a goal! hopefully he comes over sooner rather than later. hopefull we also see a Kuznetsov V Tarasenko KHL final

bigbadbruins7 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 01:50 PM
  #310
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 500
Second wasn't bad as well...

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 01:57 PM
  #311
Tiranis
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,955
vCash: 500
Great goals, impressive skill. Is he still on the "4th line" or has he been moved up?

Just watched some play-off highlights on that KHL YouTube channel — looks like fun hockey. I've seen a few regular season games before and they were a very mixed bag, but the play-off seem great (obviously highlights, so what do I know).

Tiranis is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 04:08 PM
  #312
Thallis
We suck again!
 
Thallis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
Country: United States
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Great goals, impressive skill. Is he still on the "4th line" or has he been moved up?

Just watched some play-off highlights on that KHL YouTube channel looks like fun hockey. I've seen a few regular season games before and they were a very mixed bag, but the play-off seem great (obviously highlights, so what do I know).
He played 13 minutes today and is averaging 11 I believe. I'm hope he can get on a line with Andy McDonald next year.

Thallis is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 04:55 PM
  #313
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 3,751
vCash: 500
Since Kuznetsov isn't coming over next year, I really hope Tarasenko does.

RussianRocket10 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 04:57 PM
  #314
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Great goals, impressive skill. Is he still on the "4th line" or has he been moved up?

Just watched some play-off highlights on that KHL YouTube channel — looks like fun hockey. I've seen a few regular season games before and they were a very mixed bag, but the play-off seem great (obviously highlights, so what do I know).
Yeah, he's stil on that 4th line of old. Not sure it's the 4th line right now though. And even if it is, roles in Russian hockey differ from ones in the NHL. I mean if NHL team had 4 lines worst of which were some good 3rd liners, it would play a bit different than an average NHL team...

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 04:58 PM
  #315
bigbadbruins7
Registered User
 
bigbadbruins7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 1,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Yeah, he's stil on that 4th line of old. Not sure it's the 4th line right now though. And even if it is, roles in Russian hockey differ from ones in the NHL.
in what ways?

bigbadbruins7 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 05:06 PM
  #316
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
in what ways?
I added a piece of text to my post above. But I have to add that SKA isn't an average KHL team, but the reachest one. There is a cap in the league, but it's kinda strange so SKA can afford to roll 4 scoring lines.

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 05:15 PM
  #317
bigbadbruins7
Registered User
 
bigbadbruins7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 1,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
I added a piece of text to my post above. But I have to add that SKA isn't an average KHL team, but the reachest one. There is a cap in the league, but it's kinda strange so SKA can afford to roll 4 scoring lines.
o ok. didnt know abou tthe weirdness of the cap. good to know

bigbadbruins7 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 05:28 PM
  #318
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
o ok. didnt know abou tthe weirdness of the cap. good to know
It's not wierd but much like the NBA one. There is a cap and there is a luxury tax. SKA is above the cap but it doesn't care. People say there will be a hard cap begining the next year though. Don't know if it's true or not.

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 05:46 PM
  #319
bigbadbruins7
Registered User
 
bigbadbruins7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 1,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
It's not wierd but much like the NBA one. There is a cap and there is a luxury tax. SKA is above the cap but it doesn't care. People say there will be a hard cap begining the next year though. Don't know if it's true or not.
so alot of exceptions and rules that allow a team to go over?

bigbadbruins7 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 06:19 PM
  #320
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
so alot of exceptions and rules that allow a team to go over?
Not a lot, just two. First - luxury tax. You must pay to the league the same amount of money you're above the cap. And 2nd - salaries of players teams compete with other leagues (NHL for example) for don't count against the cap. So if SKA will offer Tarasenko some big money they won't count against the cap. The same situation with Kuznetsov.

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:36 PM
  #321
bigbadbruins7
Registered User
 
bigbadbruins7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 1,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Not a lot, just two. First - luxury tax. You must pay to the league the same amount of money you're above the cap. And 2nd - salaries of players teams compete with other leagues (NHL for example) for don't count against the cap. So if SKA will offer Tarasenko some big money they won't count against the cap. The same situation with Kuznetsov.
seems like a very odd rule. is it to keep those russian stars in the KHL instead of bolting?

bigbadbruins7 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 08:42 PM
  #322
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
seems like a very odd rule. is it to keep those russian stars in the KHL instead of bolting?
Hehe, you may guess...

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 09:01 PM
  #323
bigbadbruins7
Registered User
 
bigbadbruins7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 1,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Hehe, you may guess...
crazy russians....

bigbadbruins7 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 09:12 PM
  #324
bigbadbruins7
Registered User
 
bigbadbruins7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 1,977
vCash: 500
do you have to wear visors in the KHL or does everyone just do it? watched the highlights and looked like every single player had one on

bigbadbruins7 is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 01:34 PM
  #325
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Yeah, hat-trick and 7+3 after 7 games and tied for the 1st in a score-race... Radulov and Kuznetsov who?
Well, Radulov's mind has been somewhere else all this season... either it's already NHL or who knows but seems like this year there has been more talk about Radulov off ice than on ice, sort of like what's happened with Ovechkin this year... Still he had no problem to be the best scorer in the regular season. But it sure felt like if he would just try a bit extra, he'd get his 80 points of last season... Easily the best player in Europe, if you had a chance to watch Eurotour games where he played vs Finland's Granlund and other best players in Europe, he was head and shoulders above everyone- above Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Granlund etc. So I dunno but he didn't seem that great in the KHL as if something was bothering and holding him back. In the first play-off game he didn't score but basically made the game with 2 top class passes and then... he just disappeared....

Kuznetsov had an injury and today scored the winning goal and his team is 2-0 in the series. He could've easily netted another 2 goals so who knows, we might see a hattrick from him too in the play-offs... Though his team faces much better competition than SKA with Atlant and Zherdev shouting on his teammates to pass the puck to him...

But yeah, I hope now for SKA- Traktor final, best attack in the league vs the best defence, Tarasenko vs Kuznetsov... It would be epic and the first time two best teams of the regular season meet in the final. And it can happen though even if SKA and Traktor go past this round, the competion will only get tougher. And remember that despite everybody talking about SKA and how they are unstoppable etc., the Continental Cup or the regular season winner was Kuznetsov's Traktor... and playing in the East, a tougher conference.

Latgale_fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.