HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Vladimir Tarasenko

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Market Street Heroes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Well, the Blues are first in the NHL lol so if that is his reasoning then....
Speaking of which, I would have to think the Blues success this season would increase his chances of coming over. It's alot more appealing to come over and play for a good team then it is to come over and play on a cellar dwellar.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Alklha

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK 421 View Post
The Blues are deep at RW, but it's not like the position is teeming with elite skill sets either. There wouldn't be an issue there from the Blues or from Tarasenko whose played only 39 of his 176 KHL games on a 1st line. Guys dad trained to him to be a freakin super hero and routinely denied him PP time while sending him out to draw all the penalties last year. In any case, concern about minutes only comes up with SKA really as Sibir would certainly be sporting him on their 1st line and he understands he won't be jumping straight to the Blues 1st line. I would be incredibly surprised if he would even entertain an offer from anyone but Sibir or the Blues.
There are only 2 realistic possibilities for next season; SKA or the Blues. He is a RFA in the KHL, and you would have to assume that SKA would match any offer that was made by another KHL team. And Sibir don't have the money to make an offer that wouldn't be easily matched.

As for the ice time situation; it is what it is. He deserves more, but isn't going to get it now the playoffs are under way. He certainly wouldn't be getting less in St. Louis next season. What is funny, is that if he was getting the same level and quality of ice time in St Louis as he has at SKA despite his production, I'm sure some of those defending the current situation would be complaining about how bad Hitch is.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:52 PM
TK 421
Donut Squad

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
There are only 2 realistic possibilities for next season; SKA or the Blues. He is a RFA in the KHL, and you would have to assume that SKA would match any offer that was made by another KHL team. And Sibir don't have the money to make an offer that wouldn't be easily matched.

As for the ice time situation; it is what it is. He deserves more, but isn't going to get it now the playoffs are under way. He certainly wouldn't be getting less in St. Louis next season. What is funny, is that if he was getting the same level and quality of ice time in St Louis as he has at SKA despite his production, I'm sure some of those defending the current situation would be complaining about how bad Hitch is.
If SKA does own his RFA rights then that's it, he's a Blue(opinion of course). Don't see him jumping on a 1 year or multi year to stay in the K when he's already shown he wants his path to the NHL open on a year by year basis.

Old
03-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Kshahdoo

Tarasenko is 6+3 after 6 1/3 games in KHL play-off (2+1 today after the 1st period) playing on the 4th line...

Old
03-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Billy The Kid

Looks like he might of tucked another one for the hatty.

Old
03-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Kshahdoo

Yeah, hat-trick and 7+3 after 7 games and tied for the 1st in a score-race... Radulov and Kuznetsov who?

Old
03-15-2012, 12:49 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy The Kid View Post
Looks like he might of tucked another one for the hatty.
Sure did , a hattrick and an assist...That's my boy!!!

Old
03-15-2012, 12:59 PM
h22prelude93

Check out that 1st goal...dope sauce!!!

Old
03-15-2012, 01:42 PM
bigbadbruins7

what a goal! hopefully he comes over sooner rather than later. hopefull we also see a Kuznetsov V Tarasenko KHL final

Old
03-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Kshahdoo

Second wasn't bad as well...

Old
03-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Tiranis

Great goals, impressive skill. Is he still on the "4th line" or has he been moved up?

Just watched some play-off highlights on that KHL YouTube channel — looks like fun hockey. I've seen a few regular season games before and they were a very mixed bag, but the play-off seem great (obviously highlights, so what do I know).

Old
03-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Great goals, impressive skill. Is he still on the "4th line" or has he been moved up?

Just watched some play-off highlights on that KHL YouTube channel looks like fun hockey. I've seen a few regular season games before and they were a very mixed bag, but the play-off seem great (obviously highlights, so what do I know).
He played 13 minutes today and is averaging 11 I believe. I'm hope he can get on a line with Andy McDonald next year.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:55 PM
RussianRocket10

Since Kuznetsov isn't coming over next year, I really hope Tarasenko does.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post

Just watched some play-off highlights on that KHL YouTube channel — looks like fun hockey. I've seen a few regular season games before and they were a very mixed bag, but the play-off seem great (obviously highlights, so what do I know).
Yeah, he's stil on that 4th line of old. Not sure it's the 4th line right now though. And even if it is, roles in Russian hockey differ from ones in the NHL. I mean if NHL team had 4 lines worst of which were some good 3rd liners, it would play a bit different than an average NHL team...

Old
03-15-2012, 04:58 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Yeah, he's stil on that 4th line of old. Not sure it's the 4th line right now though. And even if it is, roles in Russian hockey differ from ones in the NHL.
in what ways?

Old
03-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
in what ways?
I added a piece of text to my post above. But I have to add that SKA isn't an average KHL team, but the reachest one. There is a cap in the league, but it's kinda strange so SKA can afford to roll 4 scoring lines.

Old
03-15-2012, 05:15 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
I added a piece of text to my post above. But I have to add that SKA isn't an average KHL team, but the reachest one. There is a cap in the league, but it's kinda strange so SKA can afford to roll 4 scoring lines.
o ok. didnt know abou tthe weirdness of the cap. good to know

Old
03-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
o ok. didnt know abou tthe weirdness of the cap. good to know
It's not wierd but much like the NBA one. There is a cap and there is a luxury tax. SKA is above the cap but it doesn't care. People say there will be a hard cap begining the next year though. Don't know if it's true or not.

Old
03-15-2012, 05:46 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
It's not wierd but much like the NBA one. There is a cap and there is a luxury tax. SKA is above the cap but it doesn't care. People say there will be a hard cap begining the next year though. Don't know if it's true or not.
so alot of exceptions and rules that allow a team to go over?

Old
03-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
so alot of exceptions and rules that allow a team to go over?
Not a lot, just two. First - luxury tax. You must pay to the league the same amount of money you're above the cap. And 2nd - salaries of players teams compete with other leagues (NHL for example) for don't count against the cap. So if SKA will offer Tarasenko some big money they won't count against the cap. The same situation with Kuznetsov.

Old
03-15-2012, 07:36 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
Not a lot, just two. First - luxury tax. You must pay to the league the same amount of money you're above the cap. And 2nd - salaries of players teams compete with other leagues (NHL for example) for don't count against the cap. So if SKA will offer Tarasenko some big money they won't count against the cap. The same situation with Kuznetsov.
seems like a very odd rule. is it to keep those russian stars in the KHL instead of bolting?

Old
03-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
seems like a very odd rule. is it to keep those russian stars in the KHL instead of bolting?
Hehe, you may guess...

Old
03-15-2012, 09:01 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
Hehe, you may guess...
crazy russians....

Old
03-15-2012, 09:12 PM
bigbadbruins7

do you have to wear visors in the KHL or does everyone just do it? watched the highlights and looked like every single player had one on

Old
03-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Yeah, hat-trick and 7+3 after 7 games and tied for the 1st in a score-race... Radulov and Kuznetsov who?
Well, Radulov's mind has been somewhere else all this season... either it's already NHL or who knows but seems like this year there has been more talk about Radulov off ice than on ice, sort of like what's happened with Ovechkin this year... Still he had no problem to be the best scorer in the regular season. But it sure felt like if he would just try a bit extra, he'd get his 80 points of last season... Easily the best player in Europe, if you had a chance to watch Eurotour games where he played vs Finland's Granlund and other best players in Europe, he was head and shoulders above everyone- above Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Granlund etc. So I dunno but he didn't seem that great in the KHL as if something was bothering and holding him back. In the first play-off game he didn't score but basically made the game with 2 top class passes and then... he just disappeared....

Kuznetsov had an injury and today scored the winning goal and his team is 2-0 in the series. He could've easily netted another 2 goals so who knows, we might see a hattrick from him too in the play-offs... Though his team faces much better competition than SKA with Atlant and Zherdev shouting on his teammates to pass the puck to him...

But yeah, I hope now for SKA- Traktor final, best attack in the league vs the best defence, Tarasenko vs Kuznetsov... It would be epic and the first time two best teams of the regular season meet in the final. And it can happen though even if SKA and Traktor go past this round, the competion will only get tougher. And remember that despite everybody talking about SKA and how they are unstoppable etc., the Continental Cup or the regular season winner was Kuznetsov's Traktor... and playing in the East, a tougher conference.

Closed Thread