HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Vladimir Tarasenko

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2013, 07:33 PM
  #576
LeetchisGod
HL30 + McD27 4 Life
 
LeetchisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,145
vCash: 500
Typical!

LeetchisGod is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 07:36 PM
  #577
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg
 
VinnyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Na'ē panjā
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
his passion for the game will make him a superstar
After Pietrangelo scored, Tarasenko hopped towards him like a kid who had just scored his first peewee goal. Kinda cute, even though he's older than me.

VinnyC is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 07:44 PM
  #578
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Anyone else think he looks like Ovechkin in his first year? Kid is aggressive, forechecks hard, intercepts pucks and scores. Unreal even though it's early.
Very different game. Ovechkin didn't and still doesn't cycle all that well. His game is north south speed with a super shot. Tarasenko is an uber skilled grinding power forward. Not nearly as fast, but better in tight. The only thing really similar between the two is their nationality and size.

Xokkeu is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 07:46 PM
  #579
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,000
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
After Pietrangelo scored, Tarasenko hopped towards him like a kid who had just scored his first peewee goal. Kinda cute, even though he's older than me.

Sean Monahan is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 07:47 PM
  #580
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Fantomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Very different game. Ovechkin didn't and still doesn't cycle all that well. His game is north south speed with a super shot. Tarasenko is an uber skilled grinding power forward. Not nearly as fast, but better in tight. The only thing really similar between the two is their nationality and size.
Tarasenko is perfect for the St. Louis system.

I feel sorry for Ottawa. Murray's bigotry cost them a star.

Fantomas is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 07:52 PM
  #581
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
Tarasenko is perfect for the St. Louis system.

I feel sorry for Ottawa. Murray's bigotry cost them a star.
A lot of teams passed on him. Honestly which players would you not trade straight up for Tarasenko right now?

Hall
Seguin
Gubranson
Johansen
Niederreiter
Connolly
Skinner
Burmistrov
Granlund
McIlrath
Fowler
Gormley
Forbort

Only guys I'd hestitate on at this point is Hall, Seguin, Skinner and Fowler. The only question on Tarasenko was whether he'd show up. Answered

Xokkeu is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:08 PM
  #582
Crumblin Erb Brooks
Registered User
 
Crumblin Erb Brooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Grenyarnia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
Tarasenko is perfect for the St. Louis system.

I feel sorry for Ottawa. Murray's bigotry cost them a star.
Even the Blues drafted Schwartz before Tarasenko, there was certainly some risk with drafting him. But even before he was drafted he publicly stated that he wanted to play in the NHL, but I understand the skepticism of an 18 year olds word.

Murray not drafting Russians as a rule is silly though, just lazy IMO. You got to evaluate each prospect on their own to determine their chances of coming over. Just silly to alienate an entire pool of prospects.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:33 PM
  #583
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated
 
Meatwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Despair Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 1,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
What a treat to watch. Kid's gonna be a real player. Can't believe the Rangers brass picked Dylan ****ing McIlrath instead
And STL fans thank you!

Meatwagon is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:51 PM
  #584
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,367
vCash: 500
I'm loving watching this kid right now *might get a tarasenko jersey *

bsmith14 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:12 AM
  #585
JackBauer
Registered User
 
JackBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Posts: 2,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
Even the Blues drafted Schwartz before Tarasenko, there was certainly some risk with drafting him. But even before he was drafted he publicly stated that he wanted to play in the NHL, but I understand the skepticism of an 18 year olds word.

Murray not drafting Russians as a rule is silly though, just lazy IMO. You got to evaluate each prospect on their own to determine their chances of coming over. Just silly to alienate an entire pool of prospects.
1) It's not just Murray - most Russians slip down draft boards every year, even in rounds where the Sens have traded their picks

2) Rumor has it that we liked Beau Bennett so if we had kept the pick, we would have drafted him not VT

JackBauer is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:50 AM
  #586
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,126
vCash: 500
Awards:
Now that Tarasenko's in the league and there's a thread devoted to him on the NHL Talk forum, let's take this discussion over there too.

hototogisu is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.