Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kendall McArdle to Jets for Esposito

Old
07-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Canadienjet

vCash: 500
Was hoping Angelo would turn it around down here but I guess not.However Im excited to see McCardle seems like Captain material(Though Flood will wear the C).

Canadienjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
I think McArdle fits the mould of what this org. wants in a player way more.

I see this team as being fiercely competitive, lots of heart, hustle and physicality. If we can mix in some skill, that to me is a recipe for success.
I'm really liking to direction they are taking; reminds me of the Rangers re-tool that began in 2008.

07-09-2011, 10:51 PM
astrobuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
In all honesty, I don't think Esposito has anything left in the tank, and getting whatever you can for him makes sense. He was the last piece of the Hossa deal hanging with the organization, but I've never been one to hang onto players for reasons like that.

It's really an AHL depth kinda move, but teams have to make those too.
Yeah, I think Angelo isn't ever going to make it to the bigs. Technically, isn't Eric O'Dell the last piece of the Hossa trade?

astrobuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
110% heart, every shift, with a scoring touch. He isn't afraid to hit, block shots, fight, etc. He's a very very good 4th liner and a good 3rd liner.
This.. Minus the scoring touch

And if it hadn't been mentioned.. The guy has a crazy stutter

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 12:52 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrobuck View Post
Yeah, I think Angelo isn't ever going to make it to the bigs. Technically, isn't Eric O'Dell the last piece of the Hossa trade?
The last piece of the Hossa trade is Daultan Leveille, who Atlanta drafted with Pittsburgh's 1st rounder (29th overall, 2008)

WJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 01:18 AM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Who was a pretty terrible pick...

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 04:01 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

I like this move. I was never a big fan of Angelo.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 06:30 AM
3rdManIn
Put'n on the foil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post
McArdle could easily beat Thorburn out of a roster spot if he finally shows why he was a first round pick.
Plenty of 1st rounders could beat out Thor for a spot if they acted like 1st rounders which is why he won't.Thor brings it every game.

As far as Espo,did we ever see him on NHL ice during the regular season?The kids constant injuries have made him a bust.

Last edited by 3rdManIn: 07-10-2011 at 06:49 AM.
3rdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
McArdle could easily beat Thorburn out of a roster spot if he finally shows why he was a first round pick.
No chance.

You don't sit Thorburn, who is an excellent bottom-6er as it stands for a guy who MAY become half of what Thorburn is.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
No chance.

You don't sit Thorburn, who is an excellent bottom-6er as it stands for a guy who MAY become half of what Thorburn is.
You're kidding...right?

Thorburn sucks. Least talented player on the team by a mile now that Boulton's gone. Can't count the massive amount of scoring chances he wasted last season.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 06:59 AM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
You're kidding...right?

Thorburn sucks. Least talented player on the team by a mile now that Boulton's gone. Can't count the massive amount of scoring chances he wasted last season.
He's a 4th line player who can fill a third line role. Not his fault the team didn't have enough depth to allow him to play a defined role. He's a very useful 4th line player that can PK. McCardle is an AHLer.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 09:52 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Thorburn will not be replaced in the line-up by any AHL hopefuls. Thorburn is good at what he does. He knows his role.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:10 AM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
i like how the Jets are adding a lot of depth to the roster, not big name names but quality guys! love it!!

bigplay41* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:17 AM
AtlSioux

Quote:
You're kidding...right?

Not trying to be a jerk but please don't pretend to know the team b/c you've watched 10 games over the last 3 years...
Thorburn is very solid 3rd or 4th liner. He saw time on the 1st and 2nd lines last year, which is not where he belongs, b/c he will never be confused with a playmaker or a sniper, but he's certianally not AHL material. 100% a team guy, will do anything to help the team win (think Ian Lappierre). Very gritty, solid energy guy with some decent skill but nothing flashy. One of the team's best PK'ers, and a decent fighter.
I would much rather have Thor in a 3rd/4th line role over Maxwell, Stapleton, Rypien

AtlSioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:39 AM
ThrashersTrueBlue

Awesome!

Oh wait....who?

I heart trades for no ones!

ThrashersTrueBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:41 AM
ThrashersTrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlSioux View Post
Not trying to be a jerk but please don't pretend to know the team b/c you've watched 10 games over the last 3 years...
Thorburn is very solid 3rd or 4th liner. He saw time on the 1st and 2nd lines last year, which is not where he belongs, b/c he will never be confused with a playmaker or a sniper, but he's certianally not AHL material. 100% a team guy, will do anything to help the team win (think Ian Lappierre). Very gritty, solid energy guy with some decent skill but nothing flashy. One of the team's best PK'ers, and a decent fighter.
I would much rather have Thor in a 3rd/4th line role over Maxwell, Stapleton, Rypien
100% agree. Love how all of these people that are "huge fans of this team" were probably laughing and making fun of Atlanta's roster 2 months ago...Amazing!

ThrashersTrueBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlSioux View Post
I've watched approximately 60-65 games per year since 1999.

Yeah, don't make assumptions. Thorburn does not belong in the NHL.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mondo3

seems like an even, but not very significant trade.

mondo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:42 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
I've watched approximately 60-65 games per year since 1999.

Yeah, don't make assumptions. Thorburn does not belong in the NHL.
And I've watched all of them. Honk honk.

If Thorburn doesn't belong in the NHL, what does that make of Rypien, Stapleton, Glass & Maxwell?

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

It was the Atlanta Thrashers who broke Brian Boucher's five-game shutout streak with the Phoenix Coyotes back in 2004. Grrr. Boo.

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashersTrueBlue View Post
100% agree. Love how all of these people that are "huge fans of this team" were probably laughing and making fun of Atlanta's roster 2 months ago...Amazing!
What does that have to do with the Winnipeg Jets acquiring Kenndal McArdle?

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:53 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
What does that have to do with the Winnipeg Jets acquiring Kenndal McArdle?
It's just an observation that the people that claim to be experts on the team probably didn't give a rat's ass about them until they moved to Winnipeg. Did anyone even know Arturs Kulda existed until the sale was announced?

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend View Post
It's just an observation that the people that claim to be experts on the team probably didn't give a rat's ass about them until they moved to Winnipeg. Did anyone even know Arturs Kulda existed until the sale was announced?
I don't think you realize that Canadians tend to watch as fans of the sport in general while others elsewhere tend to solely be fans of the home team. There are many here who have watched the former Thrasher franchise team play countless times, FYI. If there is a hockey game on, we are watching it, regardless of who is playing.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Jet
Spoiled Rotten

Let's keep the discussion civil, guys. We have really limited the ATL vs. WPG fight over the past couple of weeks and we would like to keep it that way.

I have heard from some ATL posters that other former Thrasher fans aren't coming by to post anymore because of the disrespect and unwelcomness they feel at the hands of some of the team's new fans.

We need to welcome the former Thrasher fans to stay in this forum and continue to be team fans. Their insight to the team and passion for it is a very desireable quality.

As for the other side, to the ATL posters here. Please try to keep in mind that just because there are fans who are new to this team, it doesn't mean they haven't spent lots of time over the past few months learning all they can about it. They may not have as much experience as you with the team, but they do have valid opinions that should be considered.

This is still a tough transitional time, and I just ask everyone to re read their post before they hit 'submit'.

07-12-2011, 09:17 AM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
Let's keep the discussion civil, guys. We have really limited the ATL vs. WPG fight over the past couple of weeks and we would like to keep it that way.

I have heard from some ATL posters that other former Thrasher fans aren't coming by to post anymore because of the disrespect and unwelcomness they feel at the hands of some of the team's new fans.

We need to welcome the former Thrasher fans to stay in this forum and continue to be team fans. Their insight to the team and passion for it is a very desireable quality.

As for the other side, to the ATL posters here. Please try to keep in mind that just because there are fans who are new to this team, it doesn't mean they haven't spent lots of time over the past few months learning all they can about it. They may not have as much experience as you with the team, but they do have valid opinions that should be considered.

This is still a tough transitional time, and I just ask everyone to re read their post before they hit 'submit'.
Great point, that's what I was doing this past season, I was reading as much as I could about the team and all their prospects (I also did that with PHX, and am glad we got this team instead)

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote