HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part III (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

View Poll Results: Which team is better?
Former Habs 34 44.16%
Current Habs 33 42.86%
It's even 4 5.19%
None 6 7.79%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
We sure could.

What ever happened with him in Edmonton anyway?

Old
11-11-2011, 06:18 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Sheldon said he didn't want to play in Montreal i believe.

Old
11-11-2011, 06:23 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
We sure could.

What ever happened with him in Edmonton anyway?
He ripped the coaches and management when he hurt his wrist, saying he was rushed back, never got checked up on, understands why free agents are now avoiding Edmonton, etc. So they buried him in the minors for the rest of his contract.

Old
11-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He ripped the coaches and management when he hurt his wrist, saying he was rushed back, never got checked up on, understands why free agents are now avoiding Edmonton, etc. So they buried him in the minors for the rest of his contract.
Thanks.

Old
11-11-2011, 06:30 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Sheldon Souray just 1 point behind the habs top point getter, people saying he was washed up...this team could use him right now for sure...
Of course, but I don't remember anyone making a suggestion to bring him back in the summer.

Old
11-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Sheldon said he didn't want to play in Montreal i believe.
When was this? I don't recall him saying that outright but maybe he did. I seem to recall he preferred to sign with Edmonton after he left the Habs because its his hometown (or close to) and because he wanted to play on the west coast to be closer to his wife and where she works (LA). Anyone else recall that or am I getting confused?

Old
11-11-2011, 06:32 PM
HCH

Another concussion for Latendresse! I hate these concussions and that fact that neither the NHL or the NHLPA has the intelligence to start laying down the law.

Don Cherry and his disciples should rejoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
When was this? I don't recall him saying that outright but maybe he did. I seem to recall he preferred to sign with Edmonton after he left the Habs because its his hometown (or close to) and because he wanted to play on the west coast to be closer to his wife and where she works (LA). Anyone else recall that or am I getting confused?
That is how I remember it, too. Maybe we are right or just equally confused.

Last edited by Mike8: 11-12-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old
11-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Always liked Souray. Would have taken him back in a heartbeat at any point since his departure if it weren't for the salary.

Every GM in the league had a chance to add Souray to their squad last season... I believe multiple times. Given what he's shown so far, he probably could have been a difference maker for some playoff teams.

Old
11-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Protest the Hero

Sheldon's having a great year, but he had a pretty poor year offensively last year in the AHL. If anyone could've predicted this kind of production before the season started then good on them.

Old
11-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Another concussion for Latendresse! I hate these concussions and that fact that neither the NHL or the NHLPA has the intelligence to start laying down the law.

Wow he was never this injury prone in Montreal...

Old
11-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:

There has been studies showing that the magority of concussions in the NHL do not occur via hit to the heads but from simple hits to the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
The more I watch McDonagh, the more I really enjoy his game. He's what I like in the newer breed of shut-down defensemen: big, strong, thick, good skater, decent outlet pass, can carry the puck but keeps the play conservative. He doesn't need a puck-mover next to him like even more recent shut-down defensemen, such as Komisarek or Regehr, though he'd probably benefit in having that (as he does with Girardi now).

I forget where the discussion was taking place on McDonagh and where he'd fit in the Habs' depth chart, but he seems to be a legitimate #3 right now in my eyes.
The guy was my favorite Habs prospect from the last 10 years. I had never been so impressed excited by a young player in a while and knowing that the Habs had him was giving me goosebumps. And I even placed him above PK. And his strength to me was always his vision. PK is a natural but McDonaugh is like the opposite of him in that he's not the most quick, not the strongest but he does everything well. Sort of like Markov but more physical? When Gainey traded him my heart pretty much sank. I kept imagining him both PK and Ryan on the D squad together and the futur couldn't have been more brighter.

Last edited by Mike8: 11-12-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old
11-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
He wanted to be closer to his ex-wife (who lived in LA at the time) so he he could see his daughter more. Apparently his relationship with Montreal management was still good on his way out, he made a point to call Montreal as first rate organization when he was slagging the incompetence of Edmonton's front office.

Old
11-11-2011, 10:11 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
The guy was my favorite Habs prospect from the last 10 years. I had never been so impressed excited by a young player in a while and knowing that the Habs had him was giving me goosebumps.
I had high hopes for him, too. You see, we can agree son some things.

Old
11-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Big Guy Tender is out indefinitely with a concussion...he's had no luck this year.

Old
11-12-2011, 09:10 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Big Guy Tender is out indefinitely with a concussion...he's had no luck this year.
No luck since the trade, really. If it's not concussions it was his groin. It sucks because it'd be nice to see what he could do on a consistent basis.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Hugo Sham

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...764/story.html

Old
11-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
There has been studies showing that the magority of concussions in the NHL do not occur via hit to the heads but from simple hits to the body.
Interesting. Do you have any links handy for these studies?

Old
11-12-2011, 11:14 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Wow he was never this injury prone in Montreal...
He was in juniors. Fell in the draft because of that.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:23 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 311
Quote:
yep

habs insideout has a post on that in the history section

Old
11-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Laying down the law against who? They don't even know when he got the concussion....

Old
11-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
You just hope that the journalist is way off in his assessment of why they got rid of McDonagh...."Fischer was bad, so McDo having a subpar year in Wisconsin made them believe he was too".....euh again, let's hope not. Anyway, it was a bad move past, present and future. And going back to the Rivet deal, well the great move was to get a 1st round pick. Not Pacioretty. A 1st round pick. Pacioretty was Timmins'.

And it's just only ONE who got away....

And people who bring the Kovalev vs Balej deal as a steal for the Habs.....you can clearly put it on the "miss" by the Rangers. It is common knowledge that Plekanec was ALSO offered and THEY chose Balej. But I'm always a fan of the end-result so it ended up as a good deal for us no matter how some think of Kovalev, in the last years, he was amongst the guys that gave us the greatest show. And he elbowed Tucker....what's not to like.

Like it or not, since 2003, it is NOT about win some, lose some for the Habs. It's more about losing the deals and "some" wins along the way.....Timmins did his best, with his own misses as well, but a whole lot of his good to great picks were shipped out for not a whole lot....not his fault.

Reason why if they HAVE to remain in the same "family" and don't want to make drastic changes if PG has to go, TT remains my choice. He will be able to assess a good pro player and will be able to determine who will be doing a good job as a head scout. Something tells me Jankowski will be the man...remains to be seen if he would do an adequate job.

Old
11-13-2011, 06:48 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

I don't know if anyone watched the St. Lous gme, but D'Agostini had an unreal first half the game. He was less noticeable down the stretch and didn't manage to score, but he was all over the place.

Old
11-13-2011, 07:03 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I don't know if anyone watched the St. Lous gme, but D'Agostini had an unreal first half the game. He was less noticeable down the stretch and didn't manage to score, but he was all over the place.
I did and you are right. Reason why stats doesn't tell the whole story. He doesn't even have a shot on goal. But he's the player I noticed more during that sequence. That's what confidence does to you. People keep underestimating confidence even if they have tons of examples of that every day.

Old
11-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Andy

Does anyone know why O'byrne isn't getting minuted in Colorado? He's getting the lowest minutes out of all 6 defensemen. He's averaging 15 minutes a game.

Old
11-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Does anyone know why O'byrne isn't getting minuted in Colorado? He's getting the lowest minutes out of all 6 defensemen. He's averaging 15 minutes a game.
Let just say that if there's something that could turn on in our favor...it's that trade....

Saw O'Byrne a few times lately....seems to me like his confidence is something very fragile and I've seen the Habs O'Byrne more often than not lately. The only problem with trading O'Byrne was that we were trading something we didn't have in our pool. Yet, Bournival has the highest upside. My concern for Bournival and it's not based on actual events....it's how injury prone he is. He's in tremendous shape and yet and had all those injuries, even the ones who made not him miss games, yet, was subpar because of it.

Closed Thread