HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Fave Hockey Quotes

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2004, 02:13 AM
Thresher

vCash: 500
Fave Hockey Quotes

http://www.ffbookmarks.com/hockey_quotes.htm

some of these really cracked me up

such as #38:

When Miroslav Satan puts his credit card out to pay bills, he says:

"They ask me, 'Is this really your name?'" His standard response: "Only in America."

:lol

Old
07-31-2004, 03:39 AM
chris_dub
Avoid Catalina...

Send a message via MSN to chris_dub
Quote:
26. Stu Grimson, Chicago Blackhawks left wing, explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself above his locker: "That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my (expletive) clothes."

Quote:
30. Jeremy Roenick, on the trade rumors around captain Keith Tkachuk: "The only difference between the Coyotes and ‘Days of Our Lives’ is that nobody has been shot on our team yet."
:lol :lol

Quote:
34. Mike Modano, on Sergei Fedorov’s breaking three sticks on Dallas players: " I don’t know if Anna (Kournikova) told him to get tougher or what."

Quote:
37. Wade Redden, on Ottawa’s come from behind 6-2 win over Toronto: "Some days, the sun even shines on a dog’s butt."

Whether you like him or not, good ol' JR has to be one of the best players for the game...personality wise.

Old
07-31-2004, 03:50 AM
Thresher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dub

Whether you like him or not, good ol' JR has to be one of the best players for the game...personality wise.
Maybe it's because it's nearly 2am & I'm sleep deprived...but, that 37 quote coupled with the 'dunno' smilie threw me into a fit of laughter

& I <3 JR...he was hilarious as a mid June week long guest on Fox Sports "Best Damn Sports Show" - I forgot one of his quotes exactly...I think it was in response to keeping ones mouth shut as opposed to some other 'either/or' option...& he said "Oh, yeah - I can totally keep my fuu.......*crowd mumbles*...shh mouth shut - riiiight"

Old
07-31-2004, 04:26 AM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
i think just about everything roenick has ever said has been funny. the man should have his own reality tv show

Old
07-31-2004, 04:35 AM
Thresher

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez
i think just about everything roenick has ever said has been funny. the man should have his own reality tv show
ha - every Philly match is JR's reality show - innit

more quotes: http://ohiochill.tripod.com/HamptonR...rals/id18.html

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little ******* was taken." - New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur

feel free to post your own faves and/or links...

Old
07-31-2004, 08:37 AM
David Puddy

NHL.com had a feature on Jamie Langenbrunner entitled "Langenbrunner Explains It All."
It focused on "Take Our Daughters to Work Day." Here is an exchange from the story,
Quote:
little girl: Are you a goalie?
Langenbrunner: Nope. I'm too smart to be a goalie.
I like this Wayne Gretzky quote,
Quote:
100% of the shots you don't take don't go in

Old
07-31-2004, 09:04 AM
JFPIV

An especially appropriate quote for the Hockey's Future Board.
From Bob Murray, then GM of the Blackhawks.
"First round draft picks have a strange way of turning into bartenders."
What has never been clear was whether BM was referring to first rounders generally, or simply the first rounders that he selected.

Old
07-31-2004, 02:25 PM
Go_Krusty

Ron Tugnutt on Gretzky's last game in Canada against the Ottawa Senators-"I'm hoping for a bench clearing brawl during the warm up so I can go out and grab his stick."
:lol :lol :lol

Old
07-31-2004, 02:47 PM
ZombieMatt

I don't have the quotation precisely, but when I was doing research for a paper on the SUmmit Series this past year I came across a quotation from someone....Espo I think, but I may be wrong, talking about how the Russians closed everything after Game 8 so the Canadians couldn't celebrate so the team sat in the hall of their hotel eating peanut butter crackers and drinking.

Old
07-31-2004, 02:51 PM
kacz

Someone once said, "Ilya Kovalchuk's passes are so good, his teammates can't even handle them!"

Priceless...

Old
07-31-2004, 03:15 PM
myrocketsgotcracked

vCash:
morrison: he (bertuzzi) is so cheap his wallet is like an onion, he cries everytime he opens it.
milbury: he (travis green's agent) is depriving some village of a good idiot.

:lol :lol :lol

Old
07-31-2004, 03:19 PM
Count of DannyKristo

Schoenfeld to Koharski: "Have another donut you fat pig"

Old
07-31-2004, 03:24 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

my collection:

1. Jaromir Jagr on Matt Barnaby: "When I saw him naked in the shower I felt bad for his wife."

2. "Is the All-Star voting over yet? I'll be going, because I'll be carrying Mario's bag."
-Steve McKenna

3. Philly News columnist Les Bowen, "Gretzky knows it’s time to retire now,; he’s finally slow enough to get hit by Luke Richardson."

4. 'My doctor wanted me to avoid excitement, so I watched some Leaf games.' -Roger Neilson

5. 'I'm not going to get in a battle of wits with Don Cherry, he's unarmed' -Tom Barrasso

6. After hockey legend Phil Esposito allegedly told a female reporter to perform a sexual favor, a couple of writers stated, "It was a sexist remark", to which someone replied, "No it wasn't, Phil talks to everyone that way."

7. Shawn Burr on Eric Lindros-"Man that guy is ripped! I mean, I've got the washboard stomach, too. It's just tht mine has about two months of laundry on top of it."

8. Phonenix Coyotes General Manager Bobby Smith after a Coyote 7-2 loss to Dallas-"Anytime you hold Dallas to a one touchdown, it's not all bad."

9. Henri Richard when asked whether he liked to play on the same line as the Rocket: "I like to play with my brother, but also like to play with myself."

10. (personal favorite)Al Iafrate has the puck and is moving into the opposition zone. The other team has pulled their goalie to attempt to tie up the game late in the third. Iafrate passes up the easy empty netter, and dumps the puck into the corner, running out the clock.

After the game, the reporters gather around and ask him why he didn't want to score the free goal. So Al replies:

"Empty net goals are for homos".

11. " When the Bruins signed me , Harry Sinden said he expected me to become a 30 goal scorer. I said 'no problem'. How was I supposed to know he wanted them all in the same year . "..-Rob Zamnuer i think...

enjoy.

Old
07-31-2004, 04:39 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Brett Hull on former Blues coach Mike Keenan- "I would be sitting there, thinking about [Keenan] and how I wanted to kill him...in my mind, I'd be cutting his eyes out with my stick."

lol, i've heard him talk smack about keenan on a couple of occaisions

Old
07-31-2004, 04:44 PM
Thresher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik20
Schoenfeld to Koharski: "Have another donut you fat pig"
a classic

Old
07-31-2004, 06:38 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
New Jersey Devils Head Coach Jacques Lemaire in the Ken Daneyko - Kevin Kaminski fued - "Daneyko got mad when Kaminski said he was going to knock his teeth out. Dano has only two teeth left, so you can't say that to Dano."

"Everyone says there is only the trap on this team, but there is a lot more. Go to hell with the trap." -Jacques Lemaire

Several witnesses informed Toronto Police that they saw a man carrying a sign in the downtown area which read: "Will hit Claude Lemieux from behind for food."

It's amazing how many of these deal with Claude.

Old
07-31-2004, 09:11 PM
senskickass12

Don't know the exact quote but during the all star game this past season after Roenick finished the accuracy shooting competition he was asked about shooting water bottles at the targets and he replied "maybe if they had mini referees on them"

Old
07-31-2004, 09:51 PM
West19

Rodney Dangerfield: "I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out."

On the "Late, Late Show with Craig Kilborn," Kilborn noted Monday was Anna Kournikova's 18th birthday. Kilborn: "Or as hockey player Sergei Fedorov knows it, 'The day I can legally start telling everyone I am sleeping with Anna Kournikova.'"

Bobby Hull: "I was a multi-millionaire from playing hockey. Then I got divorced, and now I am a millionaire."

haha

Old
07-31-2004, 09:57 PM
Knucklez

This is my favourite:

Stephen Leacock: "Hockey captures the essence of Canadian experience in the New World. In a land so inescapably and inhospitably cold, hockey is the chance of life, and an affirmation that despite the deathly chill of winter we are alive."

Old
08-01-2004, 01:31 AM
ZombieMatt

Some more from the 72 Summit Series. There are two other great ones that I can't find exactly so I won't post them

"The moment we rescued Eagleson the doors at both ends of the rink smashed open. In marched the Red Army surrounding the entire rink. Taking our position back on the bench I turned to Cashman and said, 'Well, how do you feel about spending the rest of your life in Siberia?'" Bill Goldsworthy

"If someone gave the Russians a football, they'd win the Super Bowl in two years." Frank Mahovlich

"There was nothing we could do to stop the Soviets in game one. I felt like I was playing on my knees against Soviet speedsters like Kharlamov and Yakushev." Rod Seiling

"There was no such thing as a Francophone or a Westerner, or anything else. We were all Canadians. The series brought us all together. It brought an entire country together. It was Canada playing, not Team Canada. It was us against them and every Canadian somehow seemed to have a sense of ownership of that team. I guess war is the only thing that could bring a country together like that series did." Paul Henderson

"Prior to each game in Canada, the players were introduced by our numbers. I remember standing ovations for Frank Mahovlich and then silence for myself and then another standing ovation for Ken Dryden. It was a humbling experience." Bobby Clarke

"It was a beautiful summer, I was supposed to get married but I had to postpone the wedding three times and it wasn't easy. There were lots of other guys who wanted to marry my wife too. We were married on August 23rd. Two days later, I was back in training and a day after that the team left for Canada. I tell people I spent my honeymoon with Canadian hockey players."
Vladislav Tretiak

"It turned out to be my worst nightmare. Now all these years later everyone knows that Paul Henderson scored when Yuri Liapkin gave up the puck." Yuri Liapkin

Old
08-01-2004, 01:54 AM
LuckyLUC20

I remember one particular quote by Lubomir Visnovsky of the Kings after he came back from his concussion last season.

He said, "Strong like bull. Smart like Doctor." :lol

I was rolling on the floor after I saw this quote in the newspaper.

Old
08-01-2004, 02:13 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Owen Nolan had a good one in San Jose a while back. I think he was asked how the Sharks had played so far in-between periods. And his response in very good english was "We could have did better." Good job Owen!

Old
08-01-2004, 02:20 AM
Thresher

Todd Harvey after game 4 of the WCF in Calgary - when a fewFlames fans showered the ice with debris late in the game:

"At least if you're going to throw a beer over, leave it half full so I can have a sip.''

Old
08-01-2004, 02:22 AM
nyr5186

My favorite hockey quote is the one by Patrick Roy. After being asked by reporters why he didnt respond to Jeremy Roenick's trash talk during the game, Roy said, "I couldn't hear what he was saying because I've got two Stanley Cup rings clogging my ears".

Old
08-01-2004, 05:57 AM
salty justice

Chelios on that diving ***** Paul Kariya:
"Guys like him ruin it for everybody else. It's just embarrassing. Or maybe he's not embarrassed because he probably believes he's not doing it-that's how liars are."

Kariya on diving:
"I'm going through the neutral zone and I've got a guy tugging me through the whole way, if I don't go down, I'm not going to get a call."

Garth Snow on JR:
"He should be worried about playing the game, not innovating it. He thinks he's Brett Hull or something. You should remind him that he didn't go to college. He's a junior (hockey) guy. So he's not that bright."

JR on Snow:
"It's not my fault (Snow) didn't have any other options coming out of high school. If going to college gets you a career backup goaltender job, and my route gets you a thousand points and a thousand games, and compare the two contracts, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out whose decision was better."

JR

Drury:
"I just don't know what to think. I play in Colorado, they tell me they like me, and I get traded. I play in Calgary, and at the end of the season the GM tells me he likes me, and I get traded. I just hope my fiancee doesn't tell me she likes me."

Former Hawk coach on physical, "dirty" hockey in Finland:
"Not even in Canada have I seen anything like this. And their coach is going to be the next national team coach. If this is the future of ice hockey, I advise everyone to stop playing."

Closed Thread