HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

has the offseason changed your opinion?

Old
07-18-2011, 09:43 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
After a few shifts on opening night, 100% of nhlers are playing with minor injuries.

This is some pathetic excuse making.
holtby is giving backstrom a little backup. thats pathetic?
i dont recall the management or backstrom saying boo
about backstrom.

do you know what was up with 19? he stunk all season.
was he fat, injured, didnt care anymore? did he not care until
he did and when he did he then broke his thumb?

do you know?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 09:53 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
how much should nick have been rested? what about his injuries would have been fixed with the rest? had to know til we know what they are. hard to second guess til we know what information was available to base their decision on.

maybe george should target more durable players than nick. are there more durable players than nick? or ovechkin even? you are not suggesting that perreault healthy was better than the diminished backstrom...are you?
I like your baited posts. Really, they are sensational. izing.

The feigning of shock and horror at the thought that MP may have scored a single goal in 9 playoff games, and outscored Nick, is entertaining as well.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 09:54 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
holtby is giving backstrom a little backup. thats pathetic?
i dont recall the management or backstrom saying boo
about backstrom.

do you know what was up with 19? he stunk all season.
was he fat, injured, didnt care anymore? did he not care until
he did and when he did he then broke his thumb?

do you know?
All we know is he broke his thumb late in the season.

He had an off year. It happens. You don't need to justify everything with an excuse. Own it and move on.

He had a bad year. He needs to follow it up with a good one. Ditto several other high priced players.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 10:02 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I like your baited posts. Really, they are sensational. izing.

The feigning of shock and horror at the thought that MP may have scored a single goal in 9 playoff games, and outscored Nick, is entertaining as well.
we know perreault is good for a couple of games on offense. he blows on defense.
as i recall perreault was playing much of the time anyway.

i dont see the value. further its a farce that the caps put players in the lineup for attendance. the tickets are presold anymore.

maybe ov and backstrom played thru injuries in all those road games for what reason? road attendance? tv ratings?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 10:20 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Own it!? Who in this org actually "owns" anything?

The only person I've ever read taking accountability is presser boy. And now that he has his ticket, it will be interesting to see if he changes.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 10:30 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Own it!? Who in this org actually "owns" anything?

The only person I've ever read taking accountability is presser boy. And now that he has his ticket, it will be interesting to see if he changes.
Presser boy = Laich?

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Roccoman

BB plays injured star players becuase his "system" is to have his talented players make individual plays and beat the other team.

duh.

Roccoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccoman View Post
BB plays injured star players becuase his "system" is to have his talented players make individual plays and beat the other team.

duh.
+1..

Mr Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 10:12 AM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
I like what they are trying to do right now. I do have some reservations by the fact we are close to the cap and still have some holes.

1) Everyone talks about a 2nd line center...I think we really need a shutdown 3rd line center more than anything. Maybe Laich will be that guy?? Who knows.

2) I hope they are trying to get rid of this "3 scoring lines" nonsense. We need a legit 3rd line along the lines of Halpern/Kono/Dahlen and going a bit farther back basically any line with Kelly Miller on it (Poulin, Pivonka, Ridley etc). Tampa's 3rd line killed us last year. Chicago always gives vancouver fits mainly due to David Bollands line. The Devils had John Madden and co in their heyday. We need a legit 3rd line and I'm not sure we have the defensive wingers capable of truly doing that. Not sure how good Ward is defensively and Brouwer is an punishing attacking player not a great defender.

3) MOST importantly...ummm...where is the physical Vet dman?? Hamrlik? I mean how many puck movers do we really need?? Can't we get a better version of Erskine in the top 4 somehow?? Is it that hard? Buffalo got Regehr for peanuts essentially while we IMO overspent for a redundant type player in Hamrlik.

I like the upgrade physically up front. I like the fact we got a vet goalie for cheap and traded Varly (whom I loved) for a potential lotto pick. I like we got more veteran presence instead of constantly going younger the last couple years.

But I'm still not convinced we have the proper ingredients to succeed in the playoffs based on last year. Keenan was right that the team is fragile mentally. Ovechkin shows up to play but not many other players do.

But in the end if Ovechkin and Backstrom come into the season in shape and back to form we will win the east easily.
Great post!

BTCG is offline   Reply With Quote