HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFStars 2011 Top-20 Prospects: [#3]

View Poll Results: Who is the Stars' #3 prospect?
Bachman 1 2.38%
Chiasson 11 26.19%
Dillon 0 0%
Glennie 21 50.00%
Klingberg 1 2.38%
Nemeth 1 2.38%
Oleksiak 4 9.52%
Sceviour 1 2.38%
R. Smith 0 0%
Vincour 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-11-2011, 09:56 AM
piqued

vCash: 3722
HFStars 2011 Top-20 Prospects: [#3]

pos.
country
acquired
change
% of vote
Jack Campbell
G
Philip Larsen
D

Last edited by piqued: 07-11-2011 at 10:11 AM.
piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
Glennie seems to lack competitiveness and seems more boom/bust than Chaisson. If not for draft position, Glennie may even be behind numerous other prospects

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:05 AM
piqued

vCash: 3722
Went with Chiasson here. After the season he put together at BU becoming basically their go-to guy in some of the toughest hockey in the NCAA I think he merits a promotion up from #4 where he finished last summer. I love his overall true power forward type game along with his offensive polish. The recent news that he might be leaning toward turning pro after his upcoming junior year makes him less of a distant-horizon prospect and that's enough to push him over the top for me.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:31 AM
HockeyGambit

I'd go with Chiasson aswell over Glennie. I've been a supporter for Glennie but really starting to have my doubts about the guy, I don't think he's been to a Stars camp yet that he didn't get injured in. Add to the talk about him being injured when he wants to be by one of his teammates last year, I just don't know if he has the compete attitude to reach his potential.

Maybe I'm just reading into to much though, but even if that wasn't an issue Chiasson from everything I've heard about the guy seems like he'll be a much better player then Glennie or atleast more likley to be a productive player for the Stars in the future.

HockeyGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Fly Like a C5

I went with Chiasson over Glennie escpecially after the season Chiasson just had. Scoring nearly a point per game in Hockey East is pretty impressive. If he does turn pro after this coming season he could potentially beat Glennie to the NHL.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Ub the Bub

Huh?! I expected to be the lone Chiasson voter for much longer than that. Personally I just feel that this guy is most likely guy to reach his potential at this point out of all our prospects and while guys like Campbell and Glennie in theory might have higher ceilings, I'm much less certain whether they'll reach them... Chiasson I feel will reach his and at this point that's at the very least a second line roster spot, maybe even better.

Last edited by Ub the Bub: 07-11-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Ub the Bub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 12:21 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Went with Nemeth. I'm not sure how well his puck skills will translate to the NHL but I would be very surprised if he weren't playing solid top-4 minutes for the Stars in a couple years.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Still can't vote but Glennie, he really turned it around after it was annouced he wouldn't be going to the Canadian WJC training camp. Seemed like he worked a lot harder. He's got top line potential which I don't think Chiasson does. Don't think he's any more risky as we haven't had much luck with NCAA prospects anyway.

Nullus Reverentia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Glennie. Has all the world potential and now that he's turned pro he might be in a better learning environment. Time spent with Gary Roberts will hopefully help him develop both physically and mentally. Can't wait to see him in Traverse City.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

There are alot of good arguments for why Glennie, Chiasson, Nemeth or the 2nd coming of a Man Child name Jamie could be the number 3. I went with the new Man Child based solely on seeing this guy as someone who will almost certainly reach his potential. I left ceilings out of it.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 05:13 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

Went with Glennie but its close.

MetalGodAOD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 05:29 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Went with Glennie purely on potential here.

Plenty of other prospects are alot better right now, but if he reaches his peak, he'll be ahead of all them (assuming everyone hits their peak, of course).

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

I'm the only one whos voted for Bachman. I've seen him play a ton and I can tell he'll be given Corey Schneider treatment soon. He's going to be a solid goalie, and I think he could be an all-star.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 06:11 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
I'm the only one whos voted for Bachman. I've seen him play a ton and I can tell he'll be given Corey Schneider treatment soon. He's going to be a solid goalie, and I think he could be an all-star.
He is a sort of forgotten prospect when it comes to listing all of them. It seems he definitely has solid potential; it doesn't hurt that his former coach could soon be his NHL coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Went with Glennie purely on potential here.

Plenty of other prospects are alot better right now, but if he reaches his peak, he'll be ahead of all them (assuming everyone hits their peak, of course).
So if all of the prospects were to reach their full potential it's Glennie who you think would be the best player? In that scenario Oleksiak would be the guy and everybody else would be on a different level entirely. I'd rather have Chara than Corey Perry.

Old
07-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Starsdude

As it relates to Bachman , would anyone else like to see him back-up this year. He is 24 so not too young. Raycroft is meh at best and I think it is to some extent understandable as to why Crow did not trust him. Lets needs under 60 games this year and I doubt a ookie coach will use aback-up that he does not really know 25 times. I suspect even if he gets the job given his one way , it will be a pretty short leash if Bachman has a good start

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 06:29 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

Bachman needs to get another solid year as the starter in Cedar Park. Raycroft's contract ends this season, Bachman will be in perfect position to step into the backup roll next year.

MetalGodAOD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 08:11 PM
john skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I'd rather have Chara than Corey Perry.
I want them both.

john skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 09:23 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
He is a sort of forgotten prospect when it comes to listing all of them. It seems he definitely has solid potential; it doesn't hurt that his former coach could soon be his NHL coach.

So if all of the prospects were to reach their full potential it's Glennie who you think would be the best player? In that scenario Oleksiak would be the guy and everybody else would be on a different level entirely. I'd rather have Chara than Corey Perry.
Kind of a toss up for me, and I chose Glennie. It was really tight between those two and Bachman, and throughout the year, they all could shift up and down these three positions. They all have bright futures ahead of them, and I just kinda chose on this one more than anything.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 12:47 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
They all have bright futures ahead of them, and I just kinda chose on this one more than anything.
Fair enough.

Old
07-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Dave Karp

Glennie. Just slightly above the rest, IMO.

The next 3 spots will be interesting, I think

Dave Karp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 01:16 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGambit View Post
Add to the talk about him being injured when he wants to be by one of his teammates last year, I just don't know if he has the compete attitude to reach his potential.
Which teammate in Brandon said this?

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 01:36 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
Which teammate in Brandon said this?
They are referring to a report by that prospect radio show in Edmonton (on once a week). I can't remember the name of the program, but I think one of the hosts' names is Dean Mallard. IDK, I can't recall the exact info of the show or the hosts. They never named the teammate, but they made that claim.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 03:14 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
They are referring to a report by that prospect radio show in Edmonton (on once a week). I can't remember the name of the program, but I think one of the hosts' names is Dean Mallard. IDK, I can't recall the exact info of the show or the hosts. They never named the teammate, but they made that claim.
I know that show, called the pipeline or something similar? As far as the quote goes, annonomous doesn't do it for me, put a name behind the quote or it's worse than useless.....(not you BigG44, I mean the show that spread that rumour)

Old
07-25-2011, 09:00 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
I know that show, called the pipeline or something similar? As far as the quote goes, annonomous doesn't do it for me, put a name behind the quote or it's worse than useless.....(not you BigG44, I mean the show that spread that rumour)
So unless a 17-19 year old teammate of a player accepts to have his name publicly associated with damaging words about said teammate his words are less then useless to you? Take away this teammate's alleged quote and there are plenty of questions about Glennie's work ethic and level of compete. That quote was just one more thing. I wonder if Team Canada left him off their WJC camp roster because of his high skill level or if maybe there's something else there...

Old
07-26-2011, 08:57 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
So unless a 17-19 year old teammate of a player accepts to have his name publicly associated with damaging words about said teammate his words are less then useless to you? Take away this teammate's alleged quote and there are plenty of questions about Glennie's work ethic and level of compete. That quote was just one more thing. I wonder if Team Canada left him off their WJC camp roster because of his high skill level or if maybe there's something else there...
If the player doesn't have the cajones to put his name to the quote, then absolutely it means nothing to me. It could be someone with an axe to grind, or it could be legit, but we don't know the validity until we know the source.
The facts we know are that Glennie did not make the WJC team, but in the 2nd half of the season and playoffs he was the most consistent player for the WK's.
The rumour a supposed teammate said about him is just that, a rumour.