HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isles may move a Defenseman.....

Closed Thread

Old
08-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Gros Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
If we're gonna make a pitch for Hamrlik, I would demand that he get to take some of niinimaa's vowels as part of the deal.
Thanks for the laugh. Would you settle for a couple of tildes or an umlaut ?

Old
08-03-2004, 04:20 PM
CH4

I will give hainsey anytime for Hamrlik, he is inconsistent and dont seem to want his chance with the club i dont really like him much, but plek is our 2nd best prospect, i would better give a duncan milroy with hainsey, and everybody is winner i guest

Old
08-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP
I will give hainsey anytime for Hamrlik, he is inconsistent and dont seem to want his chance with the club i dont really like him much, but plek is our 2nd best prospect, i would better give a duncan milroy with hainsey, and everybody is winner i guest

Not that I want Hainsey, but don't be so quick to write him off. He has obvious talent, and inconsistnecy is not exactly unusual among young players. I still hope and expect that he will be a decent player for the Habs.

Old
08-03-2004, 04:57 PM
Fozz

Hainsey alone is too much for Hamrlik and his $$$, IMO. I think that 3 years down the road, Hainsey will be considered as good an NHL d-man than Hamrlik. As for Pleks, I think that due to the insane number of solid prospects the team has at forward, he's expandable much like Balej was last year.

Old
08-03-2004, 05:54 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
First of all, whether or not this prospect is going to play in the NHL is a big, big question.

Second, do you see him beating out Peca, Yashin, Scatch, Kvasha, and Mapletoft for a job?

Again, the Isles don't need a center, they don't need any small finese guys. They need a big mean LW'er who can score, and banger on defense.

BTW, so I'm clear, when I called these two prospects "questionable" I did not mean to discount them. I just wouldn't see either guy as being "can't miss" although both could certainly still develop and both should have good trade value.
I don't see the Habs and Isles as good trading partners, we seem to need the same type of player, someone with size and grit up front.

Old
08-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie
I don't see the Habs and Isles as good trading partners, we seem to need the same type of player, someone with size and grit up front.
Agreed. I also think the teams will be in close competition for a playoff spot, which would make a big deal unlikely.

Old
08-04-2004, 01:36 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Agreed. I also think the teams will be in close competition for a playoff spot, which would make a big deal unlikely.
True, we'll have to look to other clubs if we want to try an improve, certainly not with each other, even though I really like your Defence. Unless, theres a third team involved.

Closed Thread