HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Prospect Poll: #15

View Poll Results: Who is the #15 Rangers prospect?
Steven Fogarty 29 41.43%
Mikhail Pashnin 9 12.86%
Michael St. Croix 9 12.86%
Dale Weise 14 20.00%
Shane McColgan 9 12.86%
Blake Parlett 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Rangers Prospect Poll: #15

Andrew Yogan easily won round 14. Now let's hope he stays healthy and transitions well to the AHL. Blake Parlett won the right to be added to the poll.

Don't forget to write-in who should be added in the next round. Also would be good to include a discussion/argument on why you voted for a particular prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. D Ryan McDonagh
3. D Tim Erixon
4. RW Christian Thomas
5. D Dylan McIlrath
6. LW Mats Zuccarello
7. LW J.T. Miller
8. LW Carl Hagelin
9. RW Jesper Fasth
10. D Pavel Valentenko

SECOND-TIER PROSPECTS

11. C Oscar Lindberg
12. D Tomas Kundratek
13. LW Ryan Bourque
14. C Andrew Yogan

Andrew Yogan
Center
Born Dec 4 1991 -- Boca Raton, FL
Height 6.03 -- Weight 202 -- Shoots L

2010-11 Erie Otters OHL 10 3 1 4 6

"Yogan is another player with first round skills that will likely slip a bit in the draft. He’s a great skater for his size and has good offensive tools, although his finish is questionable."
- TheScoutingReport.org

"Andrew is a big, skilled power forward with soft hands and a great shot."
- Erie Otters head coach Robbie Ftorek

Old
07-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

C STEVEN FOGARTY

Gritty forward who bullies his way around the net and near the boards. Scores many garbage goals, though does have good hands for scoring, passing and stickhandling.

"underrated...one most natural passers... we wanted him"
-Gordie Clark

D MICHAIL PASHNIN

Hard-hitting defenseman with an all-around game. Similar in style to Scott Stevens, though obviously nowhere near as talented. However, he is on the first pairing defenseman in the KHL at the age of 21.

"Pashnin is a warrior, who goes all out in games and does everything it takes to win. He is a good influence on his teammates, because he has great character and is a solid, hard-working player... He acclimated very well on the Red Army team and to the big city. Since playing at the KHL level, he has really improved his intensity and quickness. His body-checking has become harder and he plays a stronger physical game. He is a very hard player to play against and he plays with a lot of confidence."
- Vladimir Lutchenko, the Rangers' Russian scout.

"He plays like a North American. I loved what I saw from him in the 2008 Canada-Russia Challenge series. The Canadian players came after the Russians, and this guy just gave it right back to them. He's just a real warrior."
- Gordie Clark in 2010.

"The KHL arenas have wider ice, and there's very little hitting, but Pashnin's game is a North American game, and that's why he stood out at Development Camp last year. The way he plays is very North American. Defenseman Mikhail Pashnin, the Rangers' seventh-round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, celebrates the MHL championship he won with Red Army 2, the top affiliate of CSKA Moscow on April 22, just a few weeks before he turned 22 years old... He came here and he opened a lot of eyes"
- Gordie Clark in 2011.

C MICHAEL ST. CROIX

A talented small guy who is high risk, high reward, exactly the kind of player I have been advocating that we draft.

"His statistics and achievements speak for themselves, but the essence to St. Croix’s unique game is his style of play. A playmaker and goal-scorer, he believes a big part of his game involves his vision, which contributes to his impressive offensive abilities. St. Croix is able to set up plays and get passes through the narrowest of lanes, but most importantly he positions himself perfectly to finish the play. At the same time, his vision grants him the confidence to get fancy with the puck and put on a show."
- The Hockey News

RW DALE WEISE

Tied for AHL lead in shorthanded goals, energy player who has been compared to Callahan by the Rangers.

"He's very underrated as a goal-scorer, so I would have expected close to 20 in his first year, and I'm not at all surprised he got this many (28) in his second year. I think this is a big off-season for him in getting himself prepared to take a run at a position on the Rangers. He had a great year for us in Hartford... He's got a combination of size and skating. The thing we licked about him in juniors was his penchant for finishing checks. He still does and can pop anybody. He plays an all-around game and plays in all positions."
- Gordie Clark.

"I do have some skill, too. I'm not a guy that just fights and mucks. I think I can score, and eventually someday, I can probably score 20 goals in the NHL."
- Dale Weise.

RW SHANE MCCOLGAN

Just like St. Croix in that he's a talented small kid. Finished as the runner-up to Ryan Nugent-Hopkins as the WHL top rookie in 2009-10 after posting 25 goals and 69 points in 71 games.

"McColgan sees the ice well, has great hands, and definitely isn’t afraid to go to the dirty areas. The big question on everyone’s mind is whether or not he will be able to play his style at the pro level. The 5-9 McColgan hasn’t let his size hold him back yet, as he has proven a willingness to battle with any player in the WHL while generally staying healthy. If he can get his game to the next level, he could be a big draft day steal."
- TheScoutingReport.org

"Plays fearlessly as a Kelowna Rocket with a great speed/skill ratio puck and does so at top end speed, maybe faster than anyone in this draft class. Has a nice snap shot, and passes well, but what sets him apart is the quick first step and the gears. Not big, and needs heaps of weight-room strength. Never the less, he brings all he does have in the attack zone.
- Bill Placzek

D BLAKE PARLETT

Offensive defenseman with good size. ECHL All-Star in 2011.

“A good defenseman has to be able to move the puck, whether it’s in transition, regrouping, breaking out or making plays under pressure. He does all those things, and those are often skills that I try to polish in young defensemen who come here. If you have a kid who shows up and has that element in his game, it’s a good plus.”
- Whale Assistant Coach J.J.Daigneault.

“I like the way he moves the puck, and he’s a strong skater, so that’s always helpful when you’re defending and can close the gap and take away time and space. He’s really poised with the puck; he doesn’t just throw it away, which is part of being a good player. And he makes plays that make a difference in the course of a game."
- Whale Coach Ken Gernander.

Last edited by Beacon: 07-14-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old
07-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Voting for Michael St. Croix for his potential. Getting 75 points in 68 games in the most defense-oriented junior league (WHL) as a 17 year old should not be overlooked, especially when we are voting this late. He is the kid with easily the highest ceiling of anyone still available.

Add defenseman Samuel Noreau. It's a joke that our 5th round pick is still not there when we are adding guys who were signed as undrafted scrubs to help out in Hartford.

Old
07-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12500
Voted St. Croix. Add Stajcer.

Old
07-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

St. Croix. Add Noreau.

Old
07-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Pashnin again.

He could have been a Ranger/Whale already if he didn't have a KHL contract. Slats seemed to like him and you know Torts will love his jam.

Old
07-13-2011, 05:57 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Fogarty - here's a reason that the team picked him (indeed traded to pick him) before both St. Croix and McColgan.

Add Noreau - although my gut says that by this time next year Ceresnak will be ranked much higher than Noreau, using my own logic above he needs to be added first.

Old
07-13-2011, 06:01 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Fogarty. Add Audy-Marshassault. 95 points in 68 games in the Q. undersized (5'9" 175 is still bigger than Bourque and Zuccarello) but only 19 years old.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=106595

Old
07-13-2011, 06:09 PM
jniklast

Fogarty again. Add Stajcer I guess. He's the goalie I have most hope of still turning into something. Although I don't think any of them will ever be more than average AHL goalies at best. Thank god we have Lundqvist.
Anyway there's another significant drop after #20. I think all of our first 20 prospects have a realistic chance to become an NHL regular (realistic meaning 10% and more). After that I think the chances that none of them will ever make it are greater than even one becoming a regular. Maybe Kolarik could do it on a weak team like Parenteau did on the Islanders, but that's about it.

Old
07-13-2011, 06:23 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Who is the undrafted scrub signed to help Hartford? Parlett? That's a rather harsh assessment.

Old
07-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
went with St. Croix

Old
07-13-2011, 06:36 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Fogarty, add Jason Wilson.

This is really selling the kid short:
Quote:
Gritty forward who bullies his way around the net and near the boards. Scores predominantly garbage goals.

07-13-2011, 06:47 PM
xxxZENxxx

Gotta be between Fogarty and McColgan... with Pashnin close behind. Jason Wilson must be added here. Not sure why he hasn't already.

Old
07-13-2011, 06:51 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Yeah RE, you do a great job with these polls, though I gotta disagree with some of the editorial comments.

Old
07-13-2011, 06:55 PM
clemsonRanger

fogarty but I like how these guys are still on the board, its nice to have a deep pool

Old
07-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

McColgan. Add Wilson.

Old
07-13-2011, 08:05 PM
darko

Fogarty, add Stajcer

Old
07-13-2011, 09:27 PM
NYR Viper

fogarty, add wilson

Old
07-13-2011, 09:33 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

McColgan

add Stajcer

Old
07-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Went with McClogan again, i love the kids upside and again if he can grow a couple of inches and put on some muscle he has the skills to be a 1st line player.

Add Wilson

Old
07-14-2011, 03:23 AM
eco's bones

Weise. Talbot.

It's about time for some of the goalies to appear. Not sure if Johnson might be around. He got a qualifying offer? Anyway I can't see where anyone of Johnson, Talbot or Stajcer has really got the edge over the other two. So not knowing Johnson's status I decided on the older, more experienced Talbot.

Old
07-14-2011, 07:11 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Fogarty.

It's just pain.
Old
07-14-2011, 07:11 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Weise. Talbot.

It's about time for some of the goalies to appear. Not sure if Johnson might be around. He got a qualifying offer? Anyway I can't see where anyone of Johnson, Talbot or Stajcer has really got the edge over the other two. So not knowing Johnson's status I decided on the older, more experienced Talbot.
How is Talbot more experienced than Johnson?

Last edited by nyr2k2: 07-14-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old
07-14-2011, 08:17 AM
boyle2boyle

Weise, add Wilson.

Old
07-14-2011, 08:18 AM
jniklast

[QUOTE=Emma Royd;35010575]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Weise. Talbot.

It's about time for some of the goalies to appear. Not sure if Johnson might be around. He got a qualifying offer? Anyway I can't see where anyone of Johnson, Talbot or Stajcer has really got the edge over the other two. So not knowing Johnson's status I decided on the older, more experienced Talbot.[/quote]

How is Talbot more experienced than Johnson?
I think he excluded Johnson due to his unknown status and chose the more experienced Talbot over Stajcer. That's what he meant I guess.

Closed Thread