HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fantasy Hockey Questions

Old
07-12-2011, 08:49 AM
PCMN

vCash: 500
Fantasy Hockey Questions

Sorry, i am not sure if i am posting at the right place. But i want to know if that would be a good deal. I am a big fan of Chris Stewart and i want to get him in my Hockey team in websimhockey. Is it overpaid to get Stewart and give Vrbata, 1st pick 2012, 2nd and 3rd pick 2013. Vrbata has about 7 points in 30 games, no good attributes. Stewart has a decent socring and strenght attribute. He would fit on my 1st line with Morrow and Ribeiro. I would drop Havlat on my 2nd with Belanger and Smyth.

What do you think. Is it overpaying to get Chris stewart?

If i didnt post at the right place, feel free to move my topic, thanks.

PCMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 08:56 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Take that and run. That other guy is an idiot. You are getting Stewart right?

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 09:15 AM
PCMN

Of course. I hate Vrbata. I got that team that gm abandonned, it is a fantasy draft, i would never pick Vrbata, lol.

Old
07-12-2011, 09:30 AM
PCMN

Trade done.

I gave:

Vrbata
2012 1st
2013 2nd
2013 3rd

I got:

Chris Stewart

Old
07-12-2011, 11:26 AM
randysavage

You win.

randysavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:36 PM
NYR89

Any projects on production for Patrik Berglund next year? With Perron coming back will he get an ample amount of playing time to repeat or improve his numbers from last year?

NYR89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 12:36 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

PCMN: Hahaha, was about to post "Make sure its CHRIS Stewart, not Anthony Stewart" but you already did the trade. You made out like a bandit. Stewart will have a much bigger impact for the next five years than anything you gave.

NYR89: Berglund looked really good down the stretch last season, and continued his high level of play in the World Championships. With added depth at forward, look for Berglund to continue to put up points. I'd look for decent goals, above average assists, decent +/-, but not many hits/blocks/PIMs. As best as most people can tell, he is penciled in to play mainly with Chris Stewart in five on five situations.

That said, I would draft Backes before I draft Berglund. Backes should be good for 25+ goals, 25+ assists, 100+ PIMs. I won all my leagues that I had Backes in last season. He is Corey Perry-lite in fantasy hockey.

If you can pick up Pietrangelo in a later round, he could easily repeat his stats from last season, if not improve on them.

Halak should get a very healthy amount of starts, but is still unproven as a #1 over the course of a season, so I would draft Halak as your second goalie, or if there is a run on goalies and you need to snag one before nothing is left.

AMac is a decent late round pick-up if you need some points, but don't expect much else.

Not much on the Blues beyond those players that should warrant too long of a look. Perron will likely need time once he is back to recover his game. Oshie needs to prove he can stay healthy for a season before I'd invest much in him, maybe take a flyer, but buyer beware. The rest of the forwards are too fluid to count on them to contribute much.

In terms of fantasy hockey, Shattenkirk might be worth a late look, but nothing else is going on with the blue line corp for the Blues.

Bishop and Elliot are fighting for the back-up spot, if either enter your plans for your fantasy team, you should go back to Candyland.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 06:38 AM
NYR89

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
PCMN: Hahaha, was about to post "Make sure its CHRIS Stewart, not Anthony Stewart" but you already did the trade. You made out like a bandit. Stewart will have a much bigger impact for the next five years than anything you gave.

NYR89: Berglund looked really good down the stretch last season, and continued his high level of play in the World Championships. With added depth at forward, look for Berglund to continue to put up points. I'd look for decent goals, above average assists, decent +/-, but not many hits/blocks/PIMs. As best as most people can tell, he is penciled in to play mainly with Chris Stewart in five on five situations.

That said, I would draft Backes before I draft Berglund. Backes should be good for 25+ goals, 25+ assists, 100+ PIMs. I won all my leagues that I had Backes in last season. He is Corey Perry-lite in fantasy hockey.

If you can pick up Pietrangelo in a later round, he could easily repeat his stats from last season, if not improve on them.

Halak should get a very healthy amount of starts, but is still unproven as a #1 over the course of a season, so I would draft Halak as your second goalie, or if there is a run on goalies and you need to snag one before nothing is left.

AMac is a decent late round pick-up if you need some points, but don't expect much else.

Not much on the Blues beyond those players that should warrant too long of a look. Perron will likely need time once he is back to recover his game. Oshie needs to prove he can stay healthy for a season before I'd invest much in him, maybe take a flyer, but buyer beware. The rest of the forwards are too fluid to count on them to contribute much.

In terms of fantasy hockey, Shattenkirk might be worth a late look, but nothing else is going on with the blue line corp for the Blues.

Bishop and Elliot are fighting for the back-up spot, if either enter your plans for your fantasy team, you should go back to Candyland.
Thanks for the full write up!

I'm in the midst of the dispersal draft for a fantasy league. Now that I think about it I have Backes, Perron and Pietrangelo already . I have more Blues players than any other team in the league.

NYR89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 05:36 PM
OpenIceHit42

I am pondering starting up an HF Blues Talk Keeper League if I can get 10-12 committed owners..

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 06:14 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit42 View Post
I am pondering starting up an HF Blues Talk Keeper League if I can get 10-12 committed owners..
I'm not sure I want to play against such an educated group of opponents...

(And yes, I'm serious.)

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 06:45 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

vCash: 349
Id be down

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Duey722

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit42 View Post
I'm interested as well.

Duey722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 02:10 PM
OpenIceHit42

Everyone that's interested PM me your email's so I can send out invites when the league opens. I plan on using Yahoo. I have a keeper league that I run through another message board (stltoday) and were going on our 3rd season this year. Pretty fun and competitive.

Old
08-03-2011, 04:09 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Blues Lineup?

Hello blues fans,

I have recently been designated as the BluesGM in a sim league. Very excited, but with the additions of guys like Arnott and Langengrunner, how do you see your lineup shaping up? What do your lines look like?

Apologies if there is a Line Combo thread already in circulation, if so, mod feel free to delete this.

Cheers

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 05:33 PM
fcpremix88

I'm not sure if your roster is determined by injury, so here's the possibilities:

With Perron:
Perron - Berglund - Stewart
McDonald - Backes - D'Agostini
Steen - Arnott - Oshie
Sobotka - Nichol - Langenbrunner

Without Perron:
Oshie - Berglund - Stewart
Steen - Arnott - Langenbrunner
Sobotka - Nichol - Crombeen

Colaiacovo - Pietrangelo
Jackman - Shattenkirk
Nikitin - Polak

Halak
Bishop/Elliot

I suppose you could also switch D'Agostini with Oshie, like some other posters do. I just think D'Agostini played his best with Backes and McDonald.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 05:40 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpremix88 View Post
I'm not sure if your roster is determined by injury, so here's the possibilities:

With Perron:
Perron - Berglund - Stewart
Steen - Arnott - Oshie
Sobotka - Nichol - Langenbrunner

Without Perron:
Oshie - Berglund - Stewart
Steen - Arnott - Langenbrunner
Sobotka - Nichol - Crombeen

Colaiacovo - Pietrangelo
Jackman - Shattenkirk
Nikitin - Polak

Halak
Bishop/Elliot

I suppose you could also switch D'Agostini with Oshie, like some other posters do. I just think D'Agostini played his best with Backes and McDonald.

thank you very much!

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 08:24 PM
OpenIceHit42

HF Blues Talk fantasy football league is up and created. PM me if your interested in joining.

Old
08-18-2011, 06:46 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Hey folks, Sens fan here with a question. What kind of year do you expect for Colaiacovo? Thanks in advance.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 11:17 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanatic View Post
Hey folks, Sens fan here with a question. What kind of year do you expect for Colaiacovo? Thanks in advance.
It really depends on his partner and him / the defense being healthy. The coaches could look to just pair up experience with youth, but that leads to a lot of pairings with good puck moving but questionable coverage and physicality. It's hard to say where he'll fit in the PP, between Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk's early success he might have a smaller role than in the past to use his minutes elsewhere. Until the pre-season he could end up anywhere from the top to bottom pairing in the line up, but his minutes might not reflect either role outside of match ups and special teams.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 08:59 AM
milieu bluez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanatic View Post
I honestly have him pretty low on my board. Theres just so many more productive and safer picks that play his role and minutes on other teams. I just don't see him as a good fantasy bet.

milieu bluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 05:39 AM
NWAvs

Avs fan here

How important do you think Chris Stewart will be to the Blues this year? I personally think he will be a top 5-10 power forward in the game at some point in his career.

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 08:19 AM
stlweir

I expect him to be the Blues leading goal scorer this season with at least 35. Like everything about the guy.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Linus

Chris Stewart will be very important to the Blues next year. Barring long-term injuries, he should be one of the leading scorers (if not the leading scorer). He's an important piece of the power play, and I think having him for a full year will help improve the PP a lot. I also think he brings out the best in Patrik Berglund, so if those two can play together for a long time I see good things. So I think he'll be extremely important to the team this season.

Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 01:01 PM
SteenMachine

Mostly just agreeing with them, I think it's safe to say he'll be the centerpiece of our offense until we see a reason not to and even then he'll just be earning his way back into it.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
He's a top 10 PF right now.

Mike Liut is online now   Reply With Quote