HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Fantasy Hockey Questions

Old
12-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

vCash: 500
i was thinking of picking up elliott in my league. does he start a lot or do he and halak split the games?

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 08:17 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
i was thinking of picking up elliott in my league. does he start a lot or do he and halak split the games?
They split, but Elliott seems to get a tad more.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 04:30 PM
BOS77

hey guy's just wondering if you could give me the scope on Shattenkirk,1st or 2nd paring d-man how much pp time,1st or second unit etc.. do you see him as being a consistent 30 - 40 pt guy.
by the way i really like your team and i'm a big fan of oshie.

BOS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:16 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS77 View Post
hey guy's just wondering if you could give me the scope on Shattenkirk,1st or 2nd paring d-man how much pp time,1st or second unit etc.. do you see him as being a consistent 30 - 40 pt guy.
by the way i really like your team and i'm a big fan of oshie.
2nd pairing offensive d man. He is likely a better fantasy option than Petro long term because he will play against weaker lines that Petro.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Vast Ant Dioi

Send a message via AIM to Vast Ant Dioi Send a message via MSN to Vast Ant Dioi
Fantasy hockey question (Blues goalies)

Hey guys,

So I've got both Halak and Elliot in a hockey pool but I can't seem to find reliable information before games on who will start. I've missed both of Halak's shutouts this week thinking it would be Elliot both times.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Vast Ant Dioi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:22 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

If someone gets a shutout, they get the next start. The only exception was when we went to Montreal and Hitch wanted Halak to start after Elliott had a shutout. Besides that, just try to look here or follow the Blues writers before the games.

Old
01-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Linus

vCash: 526
@jprutherford on twitter will post who's starting at least the day of the game, if not earlier.

Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:54 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Yes, also @lkorac10 posts it and so does @normsanders. Rutherford's the beat for the biggest daily (STL Post-Dispatch) but those two are also beat writers. If you don't want to follow twitter then go to the Post's website (stltoday.com) and go to sports --> Blues and find the Morning Skate that Rutherford posts daily. I think there is also some kind of mobile app. It usually comes out a day in advance, more rarely day of.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 07:49 AM
BigTeddyPaul

vCash: 872
I use Fantast Hockey 911. Have a goalie probables page which has only been wrong three times this year (twice confirmed and once probable).

BigTeddyPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Mr Dangles
I double dare you.

You can find a pretty reliable source for all starting goalies with confirmations here.

Mr Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:12 PM
JLP
чудесный Монреаль

Why is Ben Bishop trending right now on Yahoo Fantasy?

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:23 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
People think he will be traded, but nothing is imminent and no destination is known.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:53 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Elliott signed a 2-year extension as the Blues 2nd goalie. So Bishop is stuck in the AHL (barring injury call-ups) for at least 2 more seasons. People are speculating that the Blues will trade him. I think they are overestimating the market value for an AHL unproven-NHL goalie.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Take that and run. That other guy is an idiot. You are getting Stewart right?
In retrospect, I guess the other guy was not an idiot. Vrbata has double the points of Stew (38 - 19) and over double the goals (22 - 10).

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:52 AM
callitkarma

Need some advice guys, I've moved up in my points-only pool to 2nd and am 6 points back of first place, and really wanna win ldo. But I have a goalie question (for goalies, win=2pts, shutout=2pts).
2 days ago my buddy convinced me to drop Halak and pick up Pavelec since Pavelec will prob get in more more starts to finish off the season than Halak who usually splits games w/ Elliott, even though both of these guys were pretty similar pointswise (Pavelec had a few more pts). I'm concerned though after watching Winnipeg lose last night to EDM.
I also looked at both teams schedules and it seems like St. Louis is gonna have an easier schedule to finish off the season than Peg.

Right now Halak is still available so I could drop Pavelec and pick him up again, what would you guys do?

callitkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:23 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by callitkarma View Post
Need some advice guys, I've moved up in my points-only pool to 2nd and am 6 points back of first place, and really wanna win ldo. But I have a goalie question (for goalies, win=2pts, shutout=2pts).
2 days ago my buddy convinced me to drop Halak and pick up Pavelec since Pavelec will prob get in more more starts to finish off the season than Halak who usually splits games w/ Elliott, even though both of these guys were pretty similar pointswise (Pavelec had a few more pts). I'm concerned though after watching Winnipeg lose last night to EDM.
I also looked at both teams schedules and it seems like St. Louis is gonna have an easier schedule to finish off the season than Peg.

Right now Halak is still available so I could drop Pavelec and pick him up again, what would you guys do?
It was dumb to drop Halak. He isn't splitting games with Elliott at this point of the season. He's been getting the majority of the starts. (He was out a few games recently with the flu). They'll probably split the next two (back to back) games, but I'd bet Halak gets 70% of the starts...and has a lot better chance of pitching a shut-out and accumulating wins.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:36 AM
callitkarma

That's what I was thinking, thanks alot, added him back!

callitkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:08 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
It was dumb to drop Halak. He isn't splitting games with Elliott at this point of the season. He's been getting the majority of the starts. (He was out a few games recently with the flu). They'll probably split the next two (back to back) games, but I'd bet Halak gets 70% of the starts...and has a lot better chance of pitching a shut-out and accumulating wins.
This. You shouldn't care about starts. Just wins and shutouts. And Halak is much more likely to rack those up for you than Pavelec.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:11 AM
thelos
Bunk

Wouldn't it make more sense to start Halak vs Vancover and Elliot vs EDM since Halak is likely your playoff guy and Vancover is a possible matchup?

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote