HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OFFICIAL Rumors From Non-Credible Sources thread V2.0

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2011, 11:05 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
The OFFICIAL Rumors From Non-Credible Sources thread V2.0

continue here. May I remind you that this is

A) not a chat thread

and

B) Not a place to post if all you're going to do is ***** and moan. That's the gomez thread.

Old
07-06-2011, 11:05 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

The OFFICIAL Rumors From Non-Credible Sources thread

Stay ON TOPIC.

Old
07-06-2011, 11:10 PM
habspinner

Hockey30 is reporting that White is being offered only a 2 way deal - apparently PG is referencing Pyatt's deal he signed with Tampa.

Thoughts?

Old
07-06-2011, 11:12 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
Hockey30 is reporting that White is being offered only a 2 way deal - apparently PG is referencing Pyatt's deal he signed with Tampa.

Thoughts?
I agree with the idea.

I'm not as big on White as most people around here, he's fine as a 4th liner/13th forward but he has massive holes in his game and doesn't contribute any more offense then Pyatt did.

Old
07-06-2011, 11:19 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I agree with the idea.

I'm not as big on White as most people around here, he's fine as a 4th liner/13th forward but he has massive holes in his game and doesn't contribute any more offense then Pyatt did.
White simply bring what we lack the most.....grit and fire to his game. Well the overall result aren't great for him and league minimum is well payed for him now. Has a player, agent, it's there duty to get the best deal possible. Good on PG for beheing a little less...

PS:Tampa Canadiens?....Want to be?

Old
07-06-2011, 11:30 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
continue here. May I remind you that this is

A) not a chat thread

and

B) Not a place to post if all you're going to do is ***** and moan. That's the gomez thread.
Don't you mean ***** and Moen?

Old
07-06-2011, 11:36 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
White simply bring what we lack the most.....grit and fire to his game. Well the overall result aren't great for him and league minimum is well payed for him now. Has a player, agent, it's there duty to get the best deal possible. Good on PG for beheing a little less...

Yeah I like certain aspects of his game like what you mentioned. We clearly need that, but I don't think he's the kind of player I'd over pay and I'd like the versatility of being able to send him to Hamilton if required. If we can't get the two-way deal, that's fine, but he's not worth more then 650K in my eyes.

Old
07-06-2011, 11:48 PM
keepcalmandbeninja

The signing of Erik Cole could have forced the two way contract offered to White since Cole will be the predominant bringer of physicality minutes...?

El Cloun and Deep Throat etc rumour that *possibly* Josh Georges was asking for $4 million and they will look confirm or deny if that is true...anyway that is the gist of it...I think

Old
07-06-2011, 11:50 PM
ScottFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Yeah I like certain aspects of his game like what you mentioned. We clearly need that, but I don't think he's the kind of player I'd over pay and I'd like the versatility of being able to send him to Hamilton if required. If we can't get the two-way deal, that's fine, but he's not worth more then 650K in my eyes.
I agree I like a lot of aspects to his game and the way he can bring energy to the team but he shouldn't get a 1 way contract. 2 way at league minimum for his age, experience and what he brings to the team is perfect and he should be happy. Although I would like to add that I think he can progress much more and solidify himself a spot on the 3rd line as a Moen type player.

Old
07-07-2011, 12:14 AM
keepcalmandbeninja

************* C.B.
#Habs in trade discussion, looking to acquire top 6 forward, have a few options right now...
5 Jul Favorite Retweet Reply

Old
07-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
The signing of Erik Cole could have forced the two way contract offered to White since Cole will be the predominant bringer of physicality minutes...?

El Cloun and Deep Throat etc rumour that *possibly* Josh Georges was asking for $4 million and they will look confirm or deny if that is true...anyway that is the gist of it...I think
lol I doubt he wants 4M. that's almost twice what he's' worth.

Old
07-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
************* C.B.
#Habs in trade discussion, looking to acquire top 6 forward, have a few options right now...
Who's C.B. ?

Old
07-07-2011, 01:29 AM
keepcalmandbeninja

Quote:
Who's C.B. ?
@*************

his bio on twitter is...

"Sharing NHL insight and rumors my sources let me release..often rumors will not happen, alot goes on behind the scenes, if you don't like it..simply...UNFOLLOW"

Edit, I guess I am not allowed to directly say? "@*************"

Old
07-07-2011, 02:03 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Warrior View Post
Who's C.B. ?
Charles Bérubé.

Old
07-07-2011, 04:11 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

I find it hilarious that Pyatt signed with Tampa. That Boucher character.

Anyway, I hope I hope PG has something in the works for someone who can win a damn faceoff or this is going to be a long, long season.

Also, I'd just give White a one-way contract. He's going to be on the team regardless - we have 13 forwards right now and he's one of the only who who hits hard.

I'm still on the fence about PG. He never had a great track record before this and I'm not sure he's really going to help us out all that much. Our defense has a glaring whole if Markov goes down. If we lose Plekanec, Cammalleri, or Pacioretty, our Top-6 is in trouble as much as I love DD and Eller. Kostitsyn can fill in nicely for Cammy, but no one on this team with the exception of maybe DD has looked good with Gomez aside from Patches and Gionta (although not last year).

Old
07-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post

We definitely don't lack grit, but his physicality and willingness to drop the gloves fits in very well. People somehow associate a smaller teeam with few fighters as lacking grit.

Old
07-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
We definitely don't lack grit, but his physicality and willingness to drop the gloves fits in very well. People somehow associate a smaller teeam with few fighters as lacking grit.
We DON'T lack grit???

Old
07-07-2011, 07:07 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
We DON'T lack grit???
??

There is a difference between grit and toughness, when you see guys like Gionta and Desharnais battling in the corners with Chara that is grit. Just because players don't fight doesnt mean they are not gritty.

Old
07-07-2011, 07:15 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
??

There is a difference between grit and toughness, when you see guys like Gionta and Desharnais battling in the corners with Chara that is grit. Just because players don't fight doesnt mean they are not gritty.
Holy crap, I agree with you on something.. 2012 is coming.

I agree. I think the term is thrown around far too often. I always think that those guys are tough as well. Gritty and tough. They just don't have size and can't throw punishing hits.

Gionta, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Cole, White, Moen, and Darche are all gritty and tough as hell. They just don't all have size. Size is what we lack, not grit.

Old
07-07-2011, 07:32 AM
habshound247

Quote:

Any chance Montreal walks away from an arbitrator's ruling on Gorges? If I'm not mistaken, Scott Hannan is still available.

Old
07-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
We DON'T lack grit???
Having grit in hockey terms...being willing to battle and pay the price to win.
Lacking grit=not being willing to battle or paying the price.

If this team lacked grit they would have never gone to 7 against Boston or gotten to the Semi Finals last year. They had every excuse to quit and fold. It was that grit that helped them overcome key missing pieces. Gionta is the pure definition of grit.

Old
07-07-2011, 08:27 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by habshound247 View Post
Any chance Montreal walks away from an arbitrator's ruling on Gorges? If I'm not mistaken, Scott Hannan is still available.
It's very surprising that Hannan is still available.

Old
07-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
It's very surprising that Hannan is still available.
He is simply not that good. If he was Washington would have re-signed him instaed of going after Hamrlik.

Old
07-07-2011, 08:31 AM
xduckiex

Quote:
************* C.B.
I've been seeing that same idea from a lot of sources on twitter. Incarcarated Bob mentioned long and ever ago that one target was Hemsky.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
We DON'T lack grit???
Gionta is gritty, will battle for the puck in corners and along the boards. Willing to take a hit.
Pacioretty is gritty, same as Gionta and can also dish out hits too.
Cole is gritty, same reason as Pacioretty.
Andrei K., Eller, White, Darche are all gritty too.

Subban is gritty, as is Yemelin, as is Gorges and Markov can be at times too, in his own end.

Yes, the Montreal Canadiens do not lack grit.

Now to get back on topic here, I wonder why the Habs are going for a top 6 player if they aren't going to trade Gomez (which I still doubt they will) Does this mean Cole will be on the 3rd line, with Eller and Kostitsyn?

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Closed Thread