HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

NHL 11 Dynasty Thread Part 3

Old
07-23-2011, 06:38 PM
ConoR187

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
how do you guys set up dynastys with the new rosters from this offseason? petrpuck hasnt released a new roster for the offseason, is there a list of transactions you guys just go by or what?

ConoR187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
how do you guys set up dynastys with the new rosters from this offseason? petrpuck hasnt released a new roster for the offseason, is there a list of transactions you guys just go by or what?
http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=25880 - UFA Tracker
http://tsn.ca/tradecentre/feature/?id=11986 - Trade list

Zaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 09:02 PM
ConoR187

Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
thank you! that helps alot

also can someone take a picture or post ryan johansen, james wisniewski, mark dekanich's stats please? my nhl 11 broke so i have to do a dynasty on nhl 10 haha

ConoR187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 11:28 PM
RA9

I'm only gonna update the Coyotes roster, and moving them to Quebec

anyone know if it's possible to move teams from divisions in nhl 11?

RA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolWhipped View Post

Season mode

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 11:39 PM
RA9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonKid97 View Post
Season mode
Screw that, I wanna build my team. Moving Byrzgalov only btw.

Old
07-25-2011, 10:07 AM
gottselig14

2011-2012 Chicago Blackhawks : News and Notes
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 /// 9:24AM /// Chicago Tribune Exclusive

Goaltender Corey Crawford has posted 2 shutout victories to start the 2011-2012 NHL regular season.

Team and Player Statistics

Chicago Blackhawks : 2-0-0 : 9GF, 0GA, 33.3PP%, 100.0PK%

C Jonathan Toews : 2G, 2A, 4PTS
LW Andrew Brunette : 2G, 2A, 4PTS
LW Patrick Sharp : 2G, 0A, 2PTS
D Brent Seabrook : 1G, 2A, 3PTS
D Sami Lepisto : 0G, 2A, 2PTS
G Corey Crawford : 2W, 0.00GAA, 100.0SV%, 2SO

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS LINEUP - GAME #3

#15 Andrew Brunette --- #19 Jonathan Toews (C) --- #88 Patrick Kane
#27 Jeremy Morin --- #10 Patrick Sharp (A) --- #88 Marian Hossa
#29 Bryan Bickell --- #36 David Bolland --- #67 Michael Frolik
#25 Viktor Stalberg --- #22 Jamal Mayers --- #13 Dan Carcillo

#2 Duncan Keith (A) --- #7 Brent Seabrook
#4 Niklas Hjalmarsson --- #8 Nick Leddy
#18 Sami Lepisto --- #5 Steve Montador

#50 Corey Crawford
#31 Alexander Salak

HEALTHY SCRATCH: #32 John Scott; #16 Sean O'Donnell

TRANSACTIONS

* D Sami Lepisto recalled from Rockford (AHL).
* LW Rostislav Olesz and CHI 3rd Round Pick (2012) to New York Islanders for NYI 2nd Round Pick (2012).

gottselig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 12:18 PM
RA9

Coyotes purchased by Kelly, moved to Quebec

There will be hockey in Quebec City this season, no, not junior hockey. NHL hockey.

Stephane Kelly has purchased the Phoenix Coyotes today for 213 million dollars US.
An unthinkable price since that the Arizona team is worth 142 million dollars US.

" I love hockey, and I knew how it felt when the Nordiques moved. I was a huge Nordique fan when I was younger, it was heart-breaking when they moved. Fans in Quebec City love hockey, and I'm bringing it to them." the Quebec born billionaire said.

He also announced that the team will be called the Gladiators, a shock to fans in Quebec who were celebrating the new franchise. He never gave a reason as to why he did, although some speculate it was a vote, and the majority wanted Gladiators.

They have hired GM Ryan A, and he was also appointed as Head Coach.

A monthly report will be released at the end of each month, re-capping the Gladiators play and the player of the month and statistical leaders, keep reading!

Old
07-25-2011, 10:03 PM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

vCash: 50
Burke shown door, unknown brought in

Suprising news hit the hockey world this weekend as Brian Burke was relieved of his duties as General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

MLSE sent out a statement to the media saying that "we no longer agreed with Brian's vision about the team and as such have decided to move forward with someone who shares the same vision. We wish all the best to Brian and the rest of the relieved staff, but feel like this is the best move for the organization at this point in time."

Other staff members were fired along with Burke as Dave Nonis, Cliff Fletcher and Ron Wilson were shown the door. Claude Loiselle was kept on in an advisory role to the new GM.

Stepping into the hole left by Burke is relative unknown Gabe Wilson. Wilson spent time in the Plymouth Whalers organization before becoming a scout with the Carolina Hurricanes. It's a big change for the soft spoken Wilson to now be in the Toronto spotlight, but he's taken the move in stride. "It's always been a dream of mine to manage in the NHL and now that I've received my opportunity I don't plan on failing. That's not to say that we may not take a couple steps back right away, but the goal here is long-term."

With the NHL entry draft only a week away it should be interesting to see what Wilson does and what type of stamp he's gonna put on this team.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 10:25 PM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

No big surprises on draft day, Wilson sticks with plan

The Toronto Maple Leafs went into the draft with a clear plan in mind and they definitely stuck to it. The goal was to fix the mistakes Burke had made in his tenure as Leafs GM and new GM Gabe Wilson did just that.

First he traded away Mike Komisarek who had become an overpaid bottom pairing defenceman in Toronto along with pugilist Colton Orr in exchange for a couple of serviceable players in Hejda and Dorsett. Money was definitely an issue as this trade frees up over 2 million dollars in the upcoming year and even more the year after.

The second trade saw the Leafs pick up their first round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft for an assortment of 2010 picks. This had led some to speculate that this year is a write-off for the Leafs. (PS: I know it was a massively lopsided trade, but my rebuild would have been pointless without that pick. Not the type of trade I usually make.)

To Toronto: Jan Hejda + Derek Dorsett
To Columbus: Mike Komisarek + Colton Orr + TOR 3rd in 2010

To Toronto: TOR 1st in 2011
To Boston: 4th in 2010 + 5th in 2010 + 5th in 2010 + 7th in 2010 + 7th in 2010

Old
07-25-2011, 11:09 PM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

Eventful trade deadline as Leafs get younger

The Toronto Maple Leafs took an interesting approach to the trade deadline this year. Even though they have a winning record and are sitting comfortably in the playoffs they decided to take a bit of a rebuilding approach.

The first move was to swap Stanley Cup winner Brett Lebda to the NY Islanders in exchange for Bruno Gervais.

The next trade was to send Tomas Kaberle to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for Zac Dalpe and a mid round pick in the 2011 Entry Draft.

The 3rd trade of the day saw Francois Beauchemin move to the Florida Panthers in exchange for Mike Santorelli and a 1st in 2011.

Overall it was an interesting day for the Leafs who could certainly regret getting rid of this much talent so close to the playoffs.

Old
07-26-2011, 12:52 AM
gottselig14

2011-2012 Chicago Blackhawks : News and Notes
Monday, October 17, 2011 /// 1:13PM /// Chicago Tribune Exclusive

G Corey Crawford continues his winning ways, posting 4 straight wins, a 0.25GAA, a 97.9SV%, and 3 shutouts.

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS LINEUP --- GAME #5

#15 Andrew Brunette --- #19 Jonathan Toews (C) --- #88 Patrick Kane
#57 Ben Smith --- #10 Patrick Sharp (A) --- #88 Marian Hossa
#29 Bryan Bickell --- #36 David Bolland --- #67 Michael Frolik
#25 Viktor Stalberg --- #22 Jamal Mayers --- #13 Dan Carcillo

#2 Duncan Keith (A) --- #7 Brent Seabrook
#4 Niklas Hjalmarsson --- #5 Steve Montador
#18 Sami Lepisto --- #8 Nick Leddy

#31 Alexander Salak
#50 Corey Crawford

HEALTHY SCRATCH: #32 John Scott; #6 Sean O'Donnell

ROCKFORD ICEHOGS --- ROSTER

* LW Kyle Beach, LW Brandon Bollig, C Chris DiDomenico, C Rob Flick, C Byron Froese, LW Rob Klinkhammer, C Marcus Kruger, LW Igor Makarov, LW Philippe Paradis, C Brandon Pirri, C Corey Locke.

* D Brian Connelly, D Simon Danis-Pepin, D Andy Delmore, D Shawn Lalonde, D Dylan Olsen, D Ryan Stanton, D Ivan Vishnevskiy.

* G Alec Richards, G Joe Palmer.

TRANSACTIONS
* C Brett McLean (upper body) out 1-2 weeks; Placed on IR.

* LW Jeremy Morin (lower body) out 2-3 weeks; Placed on IR.

* LW Ben Smith recalled from Rockford (AHL).

--- C Corey Locke
--- D Jonathan Carlsson, CHI 5th Round Pick (2012).

gottselig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 02:15 PM
RA9

Quebec City Gladiators October Report
4-6-0

GM Ryan A's first move signing former QMJHL star Sebastien Caron

The inaugural month for the Quebec City Gladiators was one full of surprises, with Quebec City immersed in Gladiators fever, the team won the opening season game in convincing fashion, a 5-1 thrashing of the Boston Bruins. Scottie Upshall scored a shorthanded goal 22 seconds into the B's first powerplay, then the floodgates opened. Caron had a spectacular night, keeping out 31 shots in the process.
The following night the Gladiators lost 2-1 in their first game in Quebec City. After defeating perrenial contender Red Wings 3-0, then falling to the Kings 4-1, but rebounded with a big win over Carolina, but Labarbera losing in his first game as a Gladiator in a 3-2 thriller against Anaheim.

Two nights later, after sporting a 3-3-0 record, the Gladiators faced an old rival, the Montreal Canadiens. The Bell Centre was packed with fans from Quebec City, and everyone was expecting a great hockey game.

It was very lopsided, the Gladiators lost 9-1. A unthinkable score since Coach Ryan A preached defense first. The floodgates opened after Michael Cammalleri scored 13 seconds in, then Caron let in 2 out the next 4 shots in. After replacing Caron, Labarbera didn't fare any better, letting in 4 goals on 9 shots. Scottie Upshall scored with his second shorthanded goal of the year, but it made no difference.

The Gladiators went on to go 1-2-0 in the next 3 games.

"It wasn't a good start." Coach Ryan said, "I expected more out of this squad."

Statiscal Leaders for the month of October

Quebec City Gladiators

Ed Jovonaski
3g, 7a, 10p
Lee Stempniak
3g, 4a 7p
Wojtek Wolski
3g, 4a, 7p
Scottie Upshall
5g, 0a, 5p

Goaltenders
Jean Sebastien Caron
8gp-2.94 GAA-3W-5L-90.9%
John Labarbera
3gp-4.15 GAA-1W-1L-86.8%

Old
07-26-2011, 03:35 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolWhipped View Post

If you replace teams around you can do it. For example replacing Minnesota with Winnipeg-Nashville With Minnesota and Atlanta with Nashville would create realistic division. However, the AHL affiliates and unsigned prospects do not move with the team.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 12:38 AM
RA9

Quebec City Gladiators November Report
10-12-0

Ed Jovanovski traded to Minnesota

The Gladiators acquired Marco Scandella as part of the Jovanovski deal

It was a real shocker on the morning of November 13th, as news of a deal broke out in the hockey world.

The Quebec City Gladiators traded star defenseman Ed Jovanovski, a 5th round pick and 7th round pick in the upcoming 2011 NHL Entry Draft. The Gladiators acquired prospect Marco Scandella and Minnesota's first round pick in the upcoming draft.
Jovanovski was the teams leading scorer at that point, with 5 goals and 10 assists.

"I'm shocked." Jovanovski said, "I really thought that I could help this team become a play off contender, but I guess they're (management) are looking to go in a different direction. But at the same time I'm excited to go to a city like Minnesota, they've got a great team, and I think they have a good chance at the play offs."

GM Ryan A said that he believed it was the right thing to do, and he believed he came out on the better end of the deal.
"We've been watching Marco for a while now, he's got the tools to go far and be a integral part of our team." He said.

Since the trade, the Gladiators have scored 14 goals in 5 games, going 3-2-0 in the process. Unthinkable some might say given that Jovanovski was the leading scorer through-out the first one and a half months.
Lee Stempniak has emerged during the month, increasing his point total by 16 points since October.

The month of November started in the same way the last one had ended, not able to generate scoring chances. The goaltending had improved substantially, although losing the first 3 games, the goalie tandem of Jason Labarbera and Sebastien Caron had kept the team in those games, including a thriller in Quebec against the Pens, Caron made 32 saves in a 2-1 loss that came down to the last seconds of the game, he had robbed Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin on numerous chances. However, he has not proved the critics wrong, sporting a 3.30 GAA and a 89.2% is mediocre at best.
"We need to play better as a team, I think we have the talent to do great things." Caron said.

The Gladiators sit in the cellar of the NHL, at 25th with 20 points in 24 games, and 12th in Western Conference.

Statistical leaders
Lee Stempniak
10G 13A 23P
Wojtek Wolski
6G 10A 16P
Radim Vrbata
5G 9A 14P

Goaltender Statistics
Jean-Sebastien Caron
3.30 GAA 8W 11L 89.2%
Jason Labarbera
2W 2L 3.36 GAA 89.4SV

Player of the Month

Lee Stempniak

Stempniak currently leads the Gladiators with 23 points in 22 games, as mentioned he significantly increased his point value with 16 points in 12 games in November.

Old
07-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Wee Baby Seamus
I got your back

2013-2014 Edmonton Oilers : News and Notes

EDMONTON OILERS DAY ONE LINEUP

#4 Taylor Hall --- #87 Sidney Crosby (C) --- #88 Patrick Kane
#26 Eric Tangradi --- #19 Tyler Seguin --- #24 Martin Havlat
#7 Kiril Kabanov --- #20 Nathan Mackinnon --- #22 Nino Niedereitter
#89 Mikkel Boedker --- #10 Brayden Schenn ---#21 Evgeny Grachev

#3 Keith Yandle--- #6 Shea Weber (A)
#28 Cam Fowler --- #23 Oliver Ekman Larsson
#8 Ryan Ellis --- #27 Alex Pietrangelo (A)

#1 Benjamin Conz
#30 Jack Campbell

HEALTHY SCRATCH: #13 Nazem Kadri

TRANSACTIONS

* LW Gabriel Landeskog sent down to Oklahoma City (AHL).

*RW Evgeny Grachev recalled from Oklahoma City (AHL)

Edmonton --- G Calvin Pickard, Edmonton 2nd Round Pick
Carolina --- Keith Yandle

3 years after the NHL Fantasy Draft, it has been made apparent that Edmonton came out on top. After taking Sidney Crosby, Nicklas Lidstrom, Jarome Iginla, and Martin Havlat in early rounds, they chose to select top prospects for the remainder of the draft, a move which has been rewarded well with 2 Stanley Cups. Another key move for the team were the trades sending Nick Lidstrom to Atlanta for Claude Giroux, and Iginla to Boston for Patrick Kane. Giroux was then traded with a 3rd round pick for Norris incumbent and alternate captain Shea Weber. Goalie Jimmy Howard, last year's Hart and Conn Smythe winner, was let go on free agency in favour of the young Benjamin Conz. In a shocking turn of events this season, 2012-13 Calder Trophy finalist Gabriel Landeskog didn't make the team this year, his spot taken by Nino Niedereitter. Landeskog had a superb rookie season last year with 30 goals and 31 assists. But will the loss of Howard have a great impact on the club? Conz has been toiling as a back-up for three years now, and GM Tom Fr thought it was time to take the reins. Howard requested too much for too long, and Tom Fr drew the line. There are 4 rookies on the club, including both goaltenders. Brayden Schenn and Ryan Ellis stole roster spots this year over Nazem Kadri and Alex Goligoski respectively. Last year's Stanley Cup final was a real nail biter. The New York Rangers had a 3-2 series lead going into Game 6, where the Oilers pulled out with a goal by Eric Tangradi in the late 3rd. The thrilling Game 7 ended in an anti-climactic fashion, with Jack Johnson putting the puck in his own net with 4:16 to go. The Stanley Cup winning goal was credited to Gabriel Landeskog. With new goaltending, can the Oilers repeat their past success? We'll find out.

Last edited by Wee Baby Seamus: 07-27-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Wee Baby Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 06:00 PM
PEILeafsFan

(33-27-4)

Coyotes Acquire Dadonov at Deadline

The Coyotes were a buyer at the trade deadline acquiring talented Russian Evgeny Dadonov from the Florida Panthers. The Coyotes sit just 1 point out of the playoffs and Dadonov may give them the offensive boost they need to push for the post-season for the first time since the sale of the team.

To
LW Evgeny Dadonov

To
D Derrick Pouliot
D Marta Bebko
G Drew Macintyre

PEILeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 07:15 PM
eXplosivecamel

2011-12 Season

Panthers eliminated in 1st Round of playoffs, Penguins repeat as Cup Champions

After a great season in which the Florida Panthers clinched their first playoff berth in 11 years, the Panthers are heading back to Sunrise after an early playoff exit. Both team management and fans are still happy with the season that was an exciting one for sure.

The Panthers faced off with division rivals, the Washington Capitals in a very close series that went all the way to 7 games. Florida came out and got a 1-0 series lead in a 3-2 win at home. The Capitals then came storming back and took the next two games with 3-2 and 2-1 wins for a 2-1 series lead. The Panthers would tie the series up at 2 with a 5-3 win in Washington. The teams then split the next two games to force a game 7 back in Florida. Alexander Semin of the Capitals would eventually bury the series clinching goal at 7:42 of the 3rd period to send the Panthers back home.

The Pittsburgh Penguins repeated as Stanley Cup Champions, defeating the Anaheim Ducks in 6 games to clinch the championship. The 1st place seed in the East Penguins defeated the Buffalo Sabres, Washington Capitals, and the New York Rangers to reach the finals, and the 2nd place seed in the West Ducks defeated the Los Angeles Kings, the Columbus Blue Jackets, and the Vancouver Canucks to reach the finals. The series was a tough one for both teams, but the Penguins' offensive talent prevailed over the Ducks.

--

NHL Awards
Stanley Cup: Pittsburgh Penguins
President's Trophy: Vancouver Canucks
Clarence S. Campbell Bowl: Anaheim Ducks
Prince of Wales Trophy: Pittsburgh Penguins
Art Ross Trophy: Sidney Crosby (PIT)
Hart Memorial Trophy: Sidney Crosby (PIT)
Maurice Richard Trophy: Alexander Ovechkin (WSH)
James Norris Memorial Trophy: Alex Edler (VAN)
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Patrick Marleau (SJ)
Calder Memorial Trophy: Sergei Bobrovsky (PHI)
Conn Smythe Trophy: Marc-Andre Fleury (PIT)
Vezina Trophy: Jonas Hiller (ANA)
William M. Jennings Trophy: Roberto Luongo (VAN)
Bill Masterton Trophy: Johan Franzen (DET)
Franke J. Selke Trophy: David Krejci (BOS)
Ted Lindsay Award: Alexander Ovechkin (WSH)

--

The Panthers draft/offseason report will be coming soon. Stay tuned.

eXplosivecamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 08:30 PM
eXplosivecamel

Draft/Offseason Report

With an early playoff exit, the youthful Panthers are looking to add the final couple of pieces to a team ready to become a contender. With many young players in the organization already, GM Dale Tallon will be looking at adding a few more to put the team over the top, and also he will look at bringing in some veterans to guide the new players as well.

--

Draft Recap

1st Round/25th Overall: Magnus Jakobsen (A-, B-, B-), Center (Elite - Lulea HF)
Projection: Skilled Playmaker

2nd Round/55th Overall: Daniel Johnston (B-, B, B-), Defenseman (WHL - Lethbridge)
Projection: Second Pairing Shutdown Defender

2nd Round/60th Overall: Steve Gillard (B-, B-, B-), Defenseman (QMJHL - Halifax)
Projection: Depth Defenseman

3rd Round/85th Overall: Alex Gudbranson (B-, B-, B-), Defenseman (OHL - Kingston)
Projection: 3rd Pairing Defensive Defender

4th Round/115th Overall: J.P LaBardo (B-, B, B-), Center (OHL - Oshawa)
Projection: Defensive Checking Forward

5th Round/145th Overall: Brandon Alderson (B-, B-, B), Right Wing (OHL - Sarnia)
Projection: Speedy Secondary Scorer

6th Round/162nd Overall: Tobias Ullmann (B-, B-, B-), Left Wing (DEL - Kassel)
Projection: Gritty Depth Winger

6th Round/179th Overall: Michael Whaley (B-, B, B-), Center (OHL - Plymouth)
Projection: Solid Two-Way Forward

7th Round/205th Overall: Shayne Campbell (C, B-, B-), Goaltender (OHL - Ottawa)
Projection: Potential AHL Starter with Great Vision

7th Round/208th Overall: Craig Duininck (C, A, C-), Defenseman (OHL - Windsor)
2nd Pairing Shutdown Defender

--

Team Resignings
(UFA) Todd Bertuzzi: 1 Year @ 500K (1 Way)
(UFA) Ed Jovanovski: 1 Year @ 3.5M (1 Way)
(UFA) Jason Garrison: 1 Year @ 870K (1 Way)
(UFA) Mike Santorelli: 2 Years @ 950K (2 Way)
(RFA) Dmitry Kulikov: 4 Years @ 6.03M (1 Way)
(RFA) Kris Versteeg: 2 Years @ 2.08M (1 Way)
(RFA) Michael Repik: 2 Years @ 900K (2 Way)
(RFA) Evgeny Dadonov: 1 Year @ 900K (2 Way)
(RFA) Mikael Backlund: 3 Years @ 2.75M (1 Way)
(ELC) Benjamin Conz: 3 Years @ 870K (2 Way)

Qualifying Offers
Mike Duco
T.J. Fast
Kenndal McArdle
James Delory
Michael Caruso
Evan Oberg
Tyler Plante

Leaving via Free Agency
(UFA) Steve Staios
(UFA) Jason Arnott
(UFA) Craig Rivet
(UFA) Sean Bergenheim
(UFA) Robert Nilsson
(RFA) Tim Kennedy

--

Free Agent Signings
Mikhail Grabovski: 3 Years @ 3.4M
John-Michael Liles: 3 Years @ 3.0M
Samuel Pahlsson: 1 Year @ 3.0M
Ales Kotalik: 2 Years @ 1.75M
George Parros: 1 Year @ 580K

Offer Sheets
Sent Montreal an offer sheet for 3 years @ 3.0M for Lars Eller. (Matched)
Sent San Jose and offer sheet for 3 years @ 3.3M for Logan Couture (Matched)

Trades
(FLA/NJ): Florida sends G Thomas Greiss to New Jersey in exhange for New Jersey's 2nd Round Pick in 2013.
(FLA/WSH) Florida sends RW Matt Bradley to Washington in exchange for Washington's 6th Round Pick in 2013.

--

Florida's pre-season will be released along with the team roster going into the 2012-13 season. Stay tuned.

Last edited by eXplosivecamel: 07-27-2011 at 10:02 PM.
eXplosivecamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 08:48 PM
PEILeafsFan

(43-32-7)

Coyotes Sneak Into Playoffs In Final Game of the Season

The Phoenix Coyotes were 1 point behind the San Jose Sharks with one game remaining on the schedule. "It was a must win and we came through, it feels great," said Brandon Gormley. The 'Yotes defeated the L.A Kings 4-2 on Monday night to end the season and put themselves in the playoffs. The Coyotes will now face the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round of the NHL playoffs

Team Leaders (82GP):
Goals
1. C Kyle Turris– 36
2. LW Mikkel Boedker - 26
3. RW Martin Frk- 21

Assists
1. LW Mikkel Boedker - 45
2. RW Nail Yakupov - 40
3. D Nick Ebert - 38
2. C Kyle Turris - 67
3.RW Nail Yakupov - 58

Phoenix Finishes off Hawks in 6

Jake Gardiner sent the Coyotes to the second round of the playoffs with his overtime goal in game 6 Saturday night. The goal secured a 4-3 win and now Phonix will face the Colorado Avalanche in the second round.

Bitter Sweep: Avs Eliminate Coyotes in 4

The Colorado Avalanche finished off the Coyotes with a 3-0 win Tuesday night. The loss sees the Coyotes leave the post-season in the second round when most fans had them written off before the season even started. "We had a good year and we know we will be able to build on it next season," said rookie defenceman Nick Ebert. "Our plan for the offseason is to get better through the draft and free agency, same as always," said coach and GM Dave Tippett, who is expected to have his contract extended this offseason.

Playoff Stat Leaders (10 GP)

Goals
Evgeny Dadonov - 7

Assists
Jake Gardiner - 11

NHL Awards

Art Ross Trophy - Jason Spezza (OTT)

Hart Memorial Trophy - Vitaly Kolesnik (PHX)

James Norris Memorial Trophy - Dion Phaneuf (TOR)

Lady Byng Memorial Trophy - Lee Stempniak (OTT)

Calder Memorial Trophy - Christopher Gibson (MTL)

Conn Smythe Trophy - Devan Dubnyk (ATL)

Vezina Trophy - Vitaly Kolesnik (PHX)

William M. Jennings Trophy - Niklas Backstrom (MIN)

Bill Masterton Memorial Trohy - Rick Nash (CBJ)

Frank J. Selke Award - Derrick Brassard (CBJ)

Ted Lindsay Award - Ilya Kovalchuk (NJ)

Maurice Richard Trophy - Marian Gaborik (NYR)

PEILeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 12:11 AM
RA9

Quebec City Gladiators December Report

18-18-1

Robert Lang exchanged to Ducks for 6th

Robert Lang had 3 points in 9 games with the Glads

Following a sub-par November, the Gladiators bounced back with a 8-6-1 record over the span of 15 games to secure 10th place in the West, 5 points back of Nashville for 8th.

"We had a solid month." GM and Head Coach Ryan A said, "We played some good hockey, If we can string together a few wins in January we might snag a playoff spot. We've got the team to do so."

Ryan A sent Robert Lang to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for a 6th round choice in the upcoming entry draft. Lang had been scratched in favor of Kyle Turris, Lang had 3 assists and 3 points in the 9 games he played and was a minus 1.

"Bob (Murray) told me he wanted some veteran leadership and some depth on centre, Lang was the guy." The GM of the Glads said, when asked why he only garnered a 6th round pick in return he had this to say, "With all due respect (to Lang) it was all I could get. He's a great player with leadership qualities, he has the good's to mentor the kids there in Anaheim."

As said before, the Gladiators had a great month, although some may say that a 8-6-1 record isn't so great, the team is looking at it as a glass half full.
Following a 0-2-1 record to the start the month, the Glads put the pedal to the metal and pulled out 7 out of the next 12 games. Allowing only 20 goals in 15 games.

"Our defense and goaltending played great, Sebastien (Caron) and Jase (Labarbera) had a string of a few good games." Captain Shane Doan said.

San Antonio Rampage Report

Quebec City's AHL affiliate sits at 7th in the West Division with a 17-19-5 record. Mikael Boedker leads the team with 33 points in 41 games.

Statistical Leaders for December
Lee Stempniak
16G 17A 33P
Wojtek Wolski
9G 14A 23P
Derek Morris
2G 17A 19P
Goaltending Statistics
Jean-Sebastien Caron
14-15-1 3.05 GAA 89.9%
Jason Labarbera
4W-3L 2.91 GAA 90.9%

Player of the Month

Derek Morris
Veteran defenseman Derek Morris is 3rd on the Gladiators with 2 goals and 19 points in 37 games. A great feat for a defenseman on a team that is last in the NHL in goals for and under a coach that preaches defense first. He and defensive partner Keith Yandle are dangerous on the back end on the powerplay, keeping the teams powerplay percentage near the middle of the NHL.

Old
07-28-2011, 07:46 AM
mjd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFr96 View Post
2013-2014 Edmonton Oilers : News and Notes

EDMONTON OILERS DAY ONE LINEUP

#4 Taylor Hall --- #87 Sidney Crosby (C) --- #88 Patrick Kane
#26 Eric Tangradi --- #19 Tyler Seguin --- #24 Martin Havlat
#7 Kiril Kabanov --- #20 Nathan Mackinnon --- #22 Nino Niedereitter
#89 Mikkel Boedker --- #10 Brayden Schenn ---#21 Evgeny Grachev

#3 Keith Yandle--- #6 Shea Weber (A)
#28 Cam Fowler --- #23 Oliver Ekman Larsson
#8 Ryan Ellis --- #27 Alex Pietrangelo (A)

#1 Benjamin Conz
#30 Jack Campbell

HEALTHY SCRATCH: #13 Nazem Kadri

TRANSACTIONS

* LW Gabriel Landeskog sent down to Oklahoma City (AHL).

*RW Evgeny Grachev recalled from Oklahoma City (AHL)

Edmonton --- G Calvin Pickard, Edmonton 2nd Round Pick
Carolina --- Keith Yandle

3 years after the NHL Fantasy Draft, it has been made apparent that Edmonton came out on top. After taking Sidney Crosby, Nicklas Lidstrom, Jarome Iginla, and Martin Havlat in early rounds, they chose to select top prospects for the remainder of the draft, a move which has been rewarded well with 2 Stanley Cups. Another key move for the team were the trades sending Nick Lidstrom to Atlanta for Claude Giroux, and Iginla to Boston for Patrick Kane. Giroux was then traded with a 3rd round pick for Norris incumbent and alternate captain Shea Weber. Goalie Jimmy Howard, last year's Hart and Conn Smythe winner, was let go on free agency in favour of the young Benjamin Conz. In a shocking turn of events this season, 2012-13 Calder Trophy finalist Gabriel Landeskog didn't make the team this year, his spot taken by Nino Niedereitter. Landeskog had a superb rookie season last year with 30 goals and 31 assists. But will the loss of Howard have a great impact on the club? Conz has been toiling as a back-up for three years now, and GM Tom Fr thought it was time to take the reins. Howard requested too much for too long, and Tom Fr drew the line. There are 4 rookies on the club, including both goaltenders. Brayden Schenn and Ryan Ellis stole roster spots this year over Nazem Kadri and Alex Goligoski respectively. Last year's Stanley Cup final was a real nail biter. The New York Rangers had a 3-2 series lead going into Game 6, where the Oilers pulled out with a goal by Eric Tangradi in the late 3rd. The thrilling Game 7 ended in an anti-climactic fashion, with Jack Johnson putting the puck in his own net with 4:16 to go. The Stanley Cup winning goal was credited to Gabriel Landeskog. With new goaltending, can the Oilers repeat their past success? We'll find out.
You a nice guy, Landeskog wins you a cup and and you send him to the AHL

mjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Wee Baby Seamus
I got your back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd View Post
You a nice guy, Landeskog wins you a cup and and you send him to the AHL
Not my fault he wasn't good enough

Wee Baby Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 01:55 PM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

vCash: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFr96 View Post
Not my fault he wasn't good enough
Still with mjd. And he's right LOL. How is he not good enough also?!

iFishyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

My mind just blown up... For the first time of my life, I saw a goalie that was noted as "Franchise" in the draft. Drafted him because I needed one, he was like 84 with B A- B potential. ****ing machine.
Then I go on to look the players that were picked in the top 5, there was a forward at 82 B B B and a defenceman with 79 A B B-. Quite a nice draft. ôo

I'm in 2020 for info... And there are 21 players with 85 overall or above. (Bogosian, Strome, E. Karlsson, Tavares, E. Kane, M. Green, Kitsyn, Tatar, Oleksiak, M. Subban (For some reason he's 90. ) to name a few)

Last edited by Zaide: 07-28-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Zaide is offline   Reply With Quote