HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RJ and Neale to call 57 games this regular season

Old
08-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
I'm sure it will be streamed on NHL.com like the European exhibition games last season were.

As for our other games in Europe, the national schedule is out and both are only covered by TSN2, so hopefully they'll be simulcasted by MSG or NHL Network.
Weren't the Europe games on Versus last year? I remember running home and watching a period of MIN/CAR during lunch. This seems to confirm my memory. I know Buffalo's games are in the afternoon, Eastern time, so there may not be a ratings incentive (though I'm sure it'd be higher than whatever is on VS in the afternoons), but it's disappointing if they aren't sent to NHL Network or, at least, Center Ice.

Quote:
The 2010-11 NHL regular-season opens on Oct. 7 – just 43 days from today – with a five game slate, including a national tripleheader in the U.S. on VERSUS and a national doubleheader on CBC's Hockey Night in Canada and a national game on TSN. That day, the Minnesota Wild and Carolina Hurricanes will play the first of two regular-season games against each other at Hartwall Areena in Helsinki, Finland, as part of 2010 Compuware NHL Premiere™ and NHL Face-Off™. That game will be seen nationally in the U.S. on VERSUS and on TSN in Canada at Noon ET.

Ruckus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 02:52 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007 View Post
Weren't the Europe games on Versus last year? I remember running home and watching a period of MIN/CAR during lunch. This seems to confirm my memory. I know Buffalo's games are in the afternoon, Eastern time, so there may not be a ratings incentive (though I'm sure it'd be higher than whatever is on VS in the afternoons), but it's disappointing if they aren't sent to NHL Network or, at least, Center Ice.
Yes, most of the European games were on Versus last year.
This year they are only carrying the Rangers games, while ours are stuck on TSN2.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 03:17 PM
rabi

I think last year the four games were spread out on four days, so it was easy for Versus to televise them...this year they decided to have the games on two days(2 per day, and at mostly the same time)

rabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 03:23 PM
rabi

Actually, this is how it looked last year...no overlaps...

Thursday, Oct. 7
Carolina at Minnesota, noon (in Helsinki)

Friday, Oct. 8
Minnesota at Carolina, noon (in Helsinki)
Columbus at San Jose, 3:00 p.m. (in Stockholm)

Saturday, Oct. 9

Phoenix at Boston, noon (in Prague)
San Jose at Columbus, 3:00 p.m. (in Stockholm)

Sunday, Oct. 10
Boston at Phoenix, 10:00 a.m. (in Prague)

rabi is offline   Reply With Quote