HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL, CHL)

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2011, 07:40 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Why would any team pick him up?
Well, for example a squad with potential injury problems and a 3rd pair the likes of Eminger and Woywitka would!

Supposedly he's been playing well in Connecticut, especially lately. Don't forget that he showed really well in camp last year and then this year's camp only looked bad due to the fact that he hid an injury from the coaching staff. I think he's still a solid player with a future ahead of him as a 3rd pair Dman who brings an edge, if he has the patience to wait for a shot in the NHL.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:17 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
Say what? Have you seen the Rangers play lately? The pp has looked great the last few games. Sure, 15,4% and 20th in the league overall isn't all that good, but the pp took some time to get going, and now we're seeing production from both pp units.

I don't see a role for Zucc on our PP. His lack of strength and size gives him trouble on the wing, while his lack of speed and defensive awareness, makes him a liability if playing point.
Maybe I just misunderstand Nick perry,but he write that Zukes assets are his speed an agility.
"Connecticut Whale: Mats Zuccarello excelling in Hartford"

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/1...g-in-hartford/

And here you have his replys on tweeter:
ruuper Per Vidar Ruud
@ @NickPerri_SNYRB @ctwhale @thenyrangers Zucc should be traded,he deserves a NHL team who would appreciate his skills. Not sure that NYR does
8 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
NickPerri_SNYRB NickPerri
@ @ruuper be a NYR at some point this season.
7 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
@ @ruuper because they appear to be streaking and likely do not want to make a recall that hurts team chemistry. My overall opinion: Zucc will
7 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
@ @ruuper the NYR do, and they would still like him to make the team at some point. It is tough for them to have on the team right now, though
7 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Old
12-07-2011, 08:37 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Look. His speed might be an asset in the AHL, but by NHL standards it is average at best. I have no idea why Perry would make that claim, as his speed really is a non-factor even in the AHL. He's not a by any means a slow player (particularly in the A), but his skating is not one of the reasons he's doing well.

He might become a legit NHL player for some team, even at the Rangers, but right now his place is in Hartford.

As for the D callup if Sauer is out and Erixon won't be back, it should be Bell. He's been arguably the best CT player for the last month. It's great having all these kids on our D, but if we need to replace someone, the replacement should have NHL experience.

Old
12-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Say what? Have you seen the Rangers play lately? The pp has looked great the last few games. Sure, 15,4% and 20th in the league overall isn't all that good, but the pp took some time to get going, and now we're seeing production from both pp units.

I don't see a role for Zucc on our PP. His lack of strength and size gives him trouble on the wing, while his lack of speed and defensive awareness, makes him a liability if playing point.

********! Ofcourse ther is room for the player who had the most pp assist last season with alot less games than most others . with an effectiv pp they could have atleast beaten toronto. They need more scoring!

He is not that slow and the his lack of defence has been blown all out of porportion. Im quite confident that Mats has more to bring the rangers than Mitchell. I like Hagelin and would like to see a line with him and Mats in the nhl that should be fun.
He had a good rookie season and has gotten better in about every aspect of the game why should he do worse this season? If you go by this season in the ahl he has proven he is more effectiv than mitchell and hagelin. Infact Mitchell was terrible before he got to play with Mats. If he keeps his numbers up in the next few games he has earned a chance to prove himself. He has been better than every callup this far, maybee with the exception of Hagelin. And ther is room in the top 6 or 9 if Torts are willing.

As for his skating, that is indeed part of why he is successful its not all about forward speed, he is great and quick! in small earias he turns and spinns of defenders every shift, he even did so in the nhl last season. All im saying is that he deserves a look, if he flops send him back down or trade him, if they dont try him at all im afraid the rangers might or will regret that.

Last edited by Norwegian: 12-07-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old
12-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Look. His speed might be an asset in the AHL, but by NHL standards it is average at best. I have no idea why Perry would make that claim, as his speed really is a non-factor even in the AHL. He's not a by any means a slow player (particularly in the A), but his skating is not one of the reasons he's doing well.

He might become a legit NHL player for some team, even at the Rangers, but right now his place is in Hartford.

As for the D callup if Sauer is out and Erixon won't be back, it should be Bell. He's been arguably the best CT player for the last month. It's great having all these kids on our D, but if we need to replace someone, the replacement should have NHL experience.
I would like to find some physical tests of Zucc but can't be able to find any. Not even Iron Man results from early days, and the Torts tests in camp results are not published anywhere (If they had any the past two years)? People claim he's slow and a defensive liability, but can't really find any stats to support that.

Old
12-07-2011, 12:10 PM
bourgeoisie
Je suis Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
I would like to find some physical tests of Zucc but can't be able to find any. Not even Iron Man results from early days, and the Torts tests in camp results are not published anywhere (If they had any the past two years)? People claim he's slow and a defensive liability, but can't really find any stats to support that.
With Zucs is not so much that he is too slow, it is more that he is not a good enough skater to compensate for his lack of size.

I think Zucs will get another chance at the NYR roster this year.

Old
12-07-2011, 12:30 PM
TheGrapesOfMcIlrath
Gooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Hockey View Post
With Zucs is not so much that he is too slow, it is more that he is not a good enough skater to compensate for his lack of size.

My thoughts exactly. He's not fast enough to get away from checkers on a consistent basis, and gets easily knocked off the puck when he runs out of room. He needs to either be an absolute rock on his skates, or have the speed to create space for himself. He seems to possess neither. He will always be good on the PP, but I don't know if he'll ever be an effective 5v5 player.

Old
12-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Hockey View Post

Well. There's allways something. I'd say he's an unconventional skater more than a poor skater. First games I saw I thought he was more on the ice than standing up. Still had a 2P game average in the Norwegian league. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgZ_ctSrvZM In anything measurable he is a league leader at all levels, but in the intangibles he's struggling, with prejudice I'd say. Skating, speed, poor positioning etc. He's got everything he needs to succeed but a proper chance somewhere. Hope he doesn't get called up at this point though, when the team is streaking. But hopefully when they hit a slump.

Old
12-07-2011, 02:55 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
Ofcourse ther is room for the player who had the most pp assist last season with alot less games than most others . with an effectiv pp they could have atleast beaten toronto. They need more scoring!
As I've already said, the PP is looking fine right now. There is no need for him. If they hit big problems again, then there might be.

Quote:
He is not that slow and the his lack of defence has been blown all out of porportion.
It has not. Try watching a few of last years games. Whenever Mats is on the ice, the puck spends noticable more time in the Rangers zone. They just can't clear.

Quote:
Im quite confident that Mats has more to bring the rangers than Mitchell. I like Hagelin and would like to see a line with him and Mats in the nhl that should be fun.
The comparison doesn't make sense at all. Zuccarello is a playmaker and a totally different player than Mitchell. The Hagelin-Boyle line would be a lot worse defensively with Zucc on the RW. Mitchell hasn't looked out of place at all, he's produced and contributed defensively as well.

Quote:
He had a good rookie season and has gotten better in about every aspect of the game why should he do worse this season?
It's not about him getting worse, it's about the competition getting better and what's best for the team. Avery is back to his old self, Hagelin is looking impressive, Anisimov and Stepan are both starting to look like legit first liners.

Quote:
If you go by this season in the ahl he has proven he is more effectiv than mitchell and hagelin. Infact Mitchell was terrible before he got to play with Mats.
Mitchell was terrible? Did you watch him play? I did, and he was by no standards terrible. He was okay and he's progressed throughout the season to the point where he's currently getting the job done in the NHL.

Quote:
If he keeps his numbers up in the next few games he has earned a chance to prove himself. He has been better than every callup this far, maybee with the exception of Hagelin. And ther is room in the top 6 or 9 if Torts are willing.
This is a joke. Hagelin, Avery and Mitchell have all been very good callups. Deveaux did his job as a fourth liner and he did it well.

Sure, they could fit him in the top nine and find some line combination that would work, but it would not make this team better. Torts' focus can't be on finding the lines that would work best for zucc, it has to be on finding the lines that'll keep this team winning. Right now we have four lines that seem to be working out pretty nicely. Let's keep them together.

Quote:
All im saying is that he deserves a look, if he flops send him back down or trade him, if they dont try him at all im afraid the rangers might or will regret that.
If he keeps up producing in CT, he will indeed have earned a look, but there are other things to consider than who's earned what. Like, how do we get wins. If that means someone doesn't get a fair shot in the NHL, so be it.

Old
12-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Vitto79

nice to see Kolarik starting to skate

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/

Old
12-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
As I've already said, the PP is looking fine right now. There is no need for him. If they hit big problems again, then there might be.
Quote:
Not enough goals!

It has not. Try watching a few of last years games. Whenever Mats is on the ice, the puck spends noticable more time in the Rangers zone. They just can't clear.

most of his games was with another rookie its not to weird that they struggle some in ther own zone. The fact that your backup when things get hard down low are Wojtek Wolski isnt helping much, still they let in very few goals when they where on the ice and Mats alone had 6 game deciding goals.

The comparison doesn't make sense at all. Zuccarello is a playmaker and a totally different player than Mitchell. The Hagelin-Boyle line would be a lot worse defensively with Zucc on the RW. Mitchell hasn't looked out of place at all, he's produced and contributed defensively as well.

If he can, so can Mats, Mitchell sure would like to be playmaker he just dont know when to pass the puck (ref. AHL games with Hagelin-Mitchell-Zuccarello) A line with Hagelin-Boyle-Zuccarello (Dubinsky would be my choice) might do worse defensively(doubt they would let in more goals) but they would be more dangerous on offence and the transition game. With Mats passing skills, he could get alot more out of Hagelins speed and play.

It's not about him getting worse, it's about the competition getting better and what's best for the team. Avery is back to his old self, Hagelin is looking impressive, Anisimov and Stepan are both starting to look like legit first liners.

I just dont get the avery love, sorry. he is fun to watch sometimes but he is not a very good hockeyplayer. Ill take skill over what he brings every night. Atleast one of those first liners showed good chemestry with Mats as a 3 liner last year, maybee they would have been even better this year if they got a chance? Seems to me that everyone improves or comes up and looks great, what is your reasoning for not thinking Mats could or would do that to. Nothing in his play with the whale thats for sure, he has looked just as good or better than the others getting ther chances.

Mitchell was terrible? Did you watch him play? I did, and he was by no standards terrible. He was okay and he's progressed throughout the season to the point where he's currently getting the job done in the NHL.

He was bad his first 4 games yes, he even said so himself.
Iwe watched 14 games with Mats and 3 without him, still saying Mats brings more. He progressed when he got to play with Mats and Hagelin, dont think he would have gotten the call up if he played on another line.

This is a joke. Hagelin, Avery and Mitchell have all been very good callups. Deveaux did his job as a fourth liner and he did it well.

Avery did not look good in his 2 games with ct, Hagelin and mitchell has looked good, yes, but as stated earlier much more because of Hagelin and Mats than the other way around! If they can so can Mats, he has even proven he can with .55 ppg in his rookie season. Deveaux is big thats about it. The fact that every call up has looked good just makes me more confident that Mats would to.

Sure, they could fit him in the top nine and find some line combination that would work, but it would not make this team better. Torts' focus can't be on finding the lines that would work best for zucc, it has to be on finding the lines that'll keep this team winning. Right now we have four lines that seem to be working out pretty nicely. Let's keep them together.

How can you know that it wont? My stand is that they would be better, more dangerous and funnier to watch with Mats on the team. Because they have gotten some wins(many because of Hank) ther is no need to improve? They score the least amount of goals in the NHL!! I doubt they will keep winning so many games if that keeps up.

If he keeps up producing in CT, he will indeed have earned a look, but there are other things to consider than who's earned what. Like, how do we get wins. If that means someone doesn't get a fair shot in the NHL, so be it.

again 6 game deciding goals last season(3shootout), tell me how many games he lost for the team(if he is so poor ther must be some?).. He can win games, thats one of the reasons he should be on the team.
Im not a big fan of Torts hockey id like more puck possesion and offence instead of the dump and chase. With Mats i think that theres a better chance of getting that than without. And ther is enough skill on this team to play more like that.....but i must say that the rangers are looking better now then they did early this season, and with the results they have been getting i cant say that Torts choices have been wrong. My opinion is just that they would be even better with Mats, much more fun to look at thats for sure, but then again thats my opinion.

Old
12-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

Chad Kolarik (Posted to twitter about 2 hours ago via web): 9 weeks post surgery today. Great day of rehab. Really making strides in the gym. Will be skating in early January. #cantwait

Good news, I liked Kolarik alot last season. He will improve the team. the whale must be one of the favorites to win the Calder cup with the guys they have had and has on the team this season.

Old
12-07-2011, 07:26 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

Awesome! I really like Kolarik. And on top of that, the Whale will finally have a #1 center.

Old
12-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
Chad Kolarik (Posted to twitter about 2 hours ago via web): 9 weeks post surgery today. Great day of rehab. Really making strides in the gym. Will be skating in early January. #cantwait

Good news, I liked Kolarik alot last season. He will improve the team. the whale must be one of the favorites to win the Calder cup with the guys they have had and has on the team this season.
Not with the current set of goalies... unfortunately.

Old
12-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Ugh, get off Chad Johnson's jock strap for once. Guy has been good lately. Not one of the "elite" AHL goaltenders, but he's won five starts in a row and if that play is sustained, they could easily make a deep run. The only team that has given them serious trouble is St. John's.

Old
12-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Ugh, get off Chad Johnson's jock strap for once. Guy has been good lately. Not one of the "elite" AHL goaltenders, but he's won five starts in a row and if that play is sustained, they could easily make a deep run. The only team that has given them serious trouble is St. John's.

The problem is that his play is never sustained. A few good games are inevitably followed by a few crappy performances. He's already 25, so I'm not sure this can be attributed to youth and experience.

This is his 3rd season as the primary starter in the AHL, after playing a full 4 year college career. Not sure when he gets fixed.

Old
12-08-2011, 04:15 PM
anofsti

Quote:
The problem is that his play is never sustained. A few good games are inevitably followed by a few crappy performances. He's already 25, so I'm not sure this can be attributed to youth and experience.

This is his 3rd season as the primary starter in the AHL, after playing a full 4 year college career. Not sure when he gets fixed.
Just like Tim Thomas who wasn't considered a starting NHL goalie until he was 32(?) or something.

Goalies often takes alot of time before they get every aspect of their game fixed.

Old
12-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by anofsti View Post
Just like Tim Thomas who wasn't considered a starting NHL goalie until he was 32(?) or something.

Goalies often takes alot of time before they get every aspect of their game fixed.

How often does that happen? For every minor league who becomes a starter at 32, how many are completely gone from hockey by 32?

Old
12-08-2011, 04:58 PM
anofsti

Quote:
How often does that happen? For every minor league who becomes a starter at 32, how many are completely gone from hockey by 32?
More often or not I suppose, but at 25, he still has potential to get consistent. If that is the only thing he's lacking. Hasn't he played pretty good this whole season?

Old
12-09-2011, 04:59 PM
sankaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo177...layer_embedded

An interview with zucc, about his game and some other stuff. Does anyone have a stream for tonights whale game? ive had trouble finding streams for weeks..

oh, and God jul to all of you!

Old
12-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankaa View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo177...layer_embedded

An interview with zucc, about his game and some other stuff. Does anyone have a stream for tonights whale game? ive had trouble finding streams for weeks..

oh, and God jul to all of you!
Never seen any free streams, usually just pay the 5.99 or whatever it is to see the games.

Liked the interview, MZA seems more confident than he used to. Good for him.

Old
12-09-2011, 05:54 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Erixon back in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Beck
The news is that Tim Erixon is back in the starting lineup
https://twitter.com/#!/HowlingsToday...90089130500096

Old
12-09-2011, 08:14 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

How has Owens, Newbury and Thuresson been playing so far?

Old
12-09-2011, 08:26 PM
anofsti

Game ended 5-3 to Hersey. The last one was an ENG. CT was trailing 4-0 at one point, and almost tied it up. Goals by Tessier, Newbury and Zuccarello. Erixon got two assits, Zuccarello got an assist and Deveaux got two assists. @NickPerri_SNYRB reported that Zuccarello left the ice favouring one knee with 12 secs left of the game, after a hard hit.

edit: Zuccarello and JAM are now tied at 16th place in point leaders

Last edited by anofsti: 12-09-2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: edit
Old
12-09-2011, 08:35 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
How has Owens, Newbury and Thuresson been playing so far?
Owens are 0-0 0
Newberry 1-0 -1
Thuresson 0-0 -2

Bears won 5-3
Zucca 1-1 0. Third star of the game
He hurt his knee with 12 seconds left in 3rd. Hope it`s not serious.

http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1008991

" NickPerri_SNYRB NickPerri
Newbury appears to have scored off of Zuccarello pass. 4-2 now at 12:49.

Zuccarello scores and its 4-3! Erixon shot was once again re-directed. 3:01 left.

@NickPerri_SNYRB
NickPerri Zucc from Erixon and Deveaux official goal at 16:59, but Bell takes a bad penalty with 2:50 left. Whale to PK. Not good.

@NickPerri_SNYRB
NickPerri 12 seconds left and Zuccarello is shaken up after being hit. Favoring a knee.

@NickPerri_SNYRB
NickPerri Zuccarello looks to be done for the game after hit. Whale call timeout."

My man Zuccarello is now on a 6 game point streak with 5-5-10

Last edited by fredrikstad: 12-09-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Closed Thread