HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hockeybuzz: Mike Green to the Oilers?

Old
07-13-2011, 03:40 PM
griz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Then he would come to Calgary
unfortunatly for calgary he probably wants a chance to win it before he retires and he wouldnt fit in in calgary, hes to young.

griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 03:47 PM
mindmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakkoTime View Post
Richard Cloutier is just a random fan like us who actually lives in Lac la Biche which is at least four hours north of Edmonton. He became the 'Oilers' blogger for Hockeybuzz when they were advertising for one and has less connection to the team or organization than some of the regular posters at HF.
He has zero inside information and is no more reliable than any average joe.

-Takko
Wait what? There is someone on Hockeybuzz that has credibility? I'd like to know who, because that site is a joke. Go for the big boys on twitter and don't **** around with these rumour monger sites.

I'd rather people just completely ripped off Hockeybuzz and posted the 'rumours' as their own speculation.

mindmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Jedgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
so our best RWer, 2nd line center and decent d-man prospect for a Souray upgrade

ya, no thanks
If you read my previous posts I said it wouldnt happen, but that is the type of over-payment that would need to take place for Washington to consider moving a 2 time Norris trophy candidate, defensively underrated, one man breakout, star defenseman that is young and RFA after this upcoming season.

Jedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Stedman49

These proposals are a joke from an edm standpoint. No chance edm gives up there 2012 1st when there's dmen in that will likely end up better than green. Griffin reinhart would look great in a oilers uniform.

Stedman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 04:25 PM
HTFN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stedman49 View Post
These proposals are a joke from an edm standpoint. No chance edm gives up there 2012 1st when there's dmen in that will likely end up better than green. Griffin reinhart would look great in a oilers uniform.
I'd be shocked if one of the defensemen in that draft produces better offensively than Green has.

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Eberle
4-93-14

Send a message via MSN to Eberle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFN View Post
I'd be shocked if one of the defensemen in that draft produces better offensively than Green has.
I wouldn't be shocked if one of those top defensemen turns into a much better complete d-man than Green.

The Oilers defensive problems are not with offense coming from the blue line, they are with defense. We are very porous as it is.

Now, I'm not claiming that Green is bad defensively or anything like that. Is he the best fit for what we need? No, he isn't. He won't net the Oilers' first rounder next year and, if he is traded, he probably won't net what WSH fans think he is worth, either.

Eberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Capathetic

Sooo when one of these d-men who is going to be better than green is even ready to play...most of your young guns will be ready to bolt. Cleary the oiler fans and gm dont have winning on the agenda.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM73 View Post
Sadly I do not... but man if a Green trade could get a serviceable D, a C and Edmonton's 2012 1st, I'd just for joy... strictly at the prospect of having 2 potential top 5 picks in a killer top 6 draft...

Yakupov on the RW in DC would just be icing for the offense... AND one of the stud D-men to boot! *end of double wet dream*
That's more along the lines of when I was a SAW gunner and I would just "hose the entire area" for good measure. lol

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 04:21 AM
GossomeRwing

I would love to see Green playing in Edmonton with all the speed they have I think he would really click.

It make sense for the Caps to trade Green as he is going to be an RFA at the end of the season, Carlson also is going to be a RFA and the Caps have to sign Alzner this year.

The Caps are not going to be looking to trade Green for equal value. I am guessing otherwise they would have to take back salary.
The Trade with Edmonton would be for players that are a couple of seasons away from playing in the NHL full time.
Caps trade
Green Erskine for Pitlick, O'Marra, and Teubert.
With the 6.75M the Caps could resign Hannan and bring back Eminger to take Erskine's spot

Eminger is a much better skater, he threw out over 140 hits last season and he is the all so important right handed shotting D-Man.
Hannan at 3.15M and Eminger @1M that frees up 2.6M.

so the question is
Can Wideman , Carlson and Hamrlik as a group put up numbers like Green
I would think they would be close and I would say all 3 are better in their own zone.

I think playing with Hannen could really help Eminger
Hannan is the kind of D-man the Caps have needed since Johansson retired.

GossomeRwing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 05:52 AM
XO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossomeRwing View Post
I would love to see Green playing in Edmonton with all the speed they have I think he would really click.

It make sense for the Caps to trade Green as he is going to be an RFA at the end of the season, Carlson also is going to be a RFA and the Caps have to sign Alzner this year.

The Caps are not going to be looking to trade Green for equal value. I am guessing otherwise they would have to take back salary.
The Trade with Edmonton would be for players that are a couple of seasons away from playing in the NHL full time.
Caps trade
With the 6.75M the Caps could resign Hannan and bring back Eminger to take Erskine's spot

Eminger is a much better skater, he threw out over 140 hits last season and he is the all so important right handed shotting D-Man.

so the question is
I would think they would be close and I would say all 3 are better in their own zone.

if you think a offer like this or the Gagner one would get you a 2 time Norris candidate..

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 07:26 AM
tony d
The man

Yeah, doubt this happens. If Green does get traded by Washington it's going to be more alot more than Sam Gagner.

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 07:48 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossomeRwing View Post

Caps trade

so the question is

good lord. eminger stinks. period. he is a marginal nhl player. one that gets to play on teams that dont have enough nhl quality players.

mcphee said publically after signing hamrlik that the idea was to partner him with green. why even bring that up if the plan was to trade green?

aint happenin'.

eminger???? seriously?

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Robert Theodorson

Does anyone honestly believe Green deserves more than the 5.2M per he's earning right now when next summer comes around?

If you think so please present your arguement without using the words "Norris candidate", everything else is fair game, I look forward to hearing why he should make 6-7M a year

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Does anyone honestly believe Green deserves more than the 5.2M per he's earning right now when next summer comes around?

If you think so please present your arguement without using the words "Norris candidate", everything else is fair game, I look forward to hearing why he should make 6-7M a year
That all depends on this year with that magical phrase, "contract year." If Green can continue to improve his defensive game and return to near the same level of offense of a couple seasons ago then yes, 6-7 is not out of the question. If however he does not then 5.2 is overpayment. Either way I'd be astonished if his new contract was at the same level.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Eberle
4-93-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
Sooo when one of these d-men who is going to be better than green is even ready to play...most of your young guns will be ready to bolt. Cleary the oiler fans and gm dont have winning on the agenda.
You assume that our young guys want to bolt.

You also assume that selling the farm to get Green makes us a contender, which it wouldn't. Green is not Chris Pronger. He can't turn a bubble team into a playoff contender.

Old
07-14-2011, 01:09 PM
nally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedgi View Post
That's actually pretty funny (but makes sense as I'm a Caps fan) because I'd be closer to accepting it if the deal was Whitney and Gagner.
I don't know that I would trade Whitney straight up for Green

nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:10 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nally View Post
I wouldn't

OilerTyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:41 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I wouldn't
Talk about insanity....it's Whitney for Christ's sake. If you weren't helping him load his crap to get it out of town, you would regret it.

Green would tear it up on the Edmonton ice.

6 - Number of playoff series the Capitals have won since George McPhee took over as General Manager in 1997 (which makes him the third-longest-tenured GM in the League), three of which came in McPhee's first season on the job.
CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:54 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Talk about insanity....it's Whitney for Christ's sake. If you weren't helping him load his crap to get it out of town, you would regret it.

Green would tear it up on the Edmonton ice.
You haven't seen Whitney play since he arrived in Edmonton, eh?

OilerTyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:56 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
You haven't seen Whitney play since he arrived in Edmonton, eh?
No kidding. Whitney has been a beast since we got him.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Eberle
4-93-14

Trading Whitney (in a package or otherwise) for Green doesn't fill the hole on Edmonton's blueline.

In reality, it would probably make it bigger, as Whitney is more sound than Green defensively.

We have offensively capable guys on our blueline (none as good as Green), so we need to ADD to the blueline, not switch our best d-man for another top d-man who doesn't fill that defensive hole.

Old
07-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Click Here
You know you want to

Green isn't getting traded for Whitney because Whitney can't hold Green's jock. It's as simple as that and any further fluff is completely irrelevant.

Click Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 02:15 PM
neofury*

gtfo!!!!

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Eberle
4-93-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin Ovenchicken View Post
Green isn't getting traded for Whitney because Whitney can't hold Green's jock. It's as simple as that and any further fluff is completely irrelevant.
Great input.

Old
07-14-2011, 02:57 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Ha..really? I have alot of buddies that are Pens fans and I got to see the guy play a ton. He is one of THE softest dmen I have seen in some time!

I think Mike Green has more hits last year than Whitney has for 3 or 4 years prior combined!! haha (Green had 100 last year and Whitney 29...and thats just stats..my eyes tell me far worse of a gap when it comes to these two players)

I wouldn't want Whitney near any team of mine and not at the expense of Mike Green who is highly underrated for his physical play. He will finish his checks and if he had a "buekeboom" next to him like Brian Leech did for his great years then we'd see a different player.

No one is getting Mike Green on the cheap.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote