HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Miikka Kiprusoff

Old
07-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Deen

vCash: 0
Miikka Kiprusoff

What would you be willing to give at the trade deadline for Kipper if the Flames are out of the playoffs? He is signed through the 2013-2014 season at a reasonable cap hit of $5,833,333 a year. He is still a quality goaltender that could turn any fringe team in to a contender. So what would you be willing to part with for him?

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 09:53 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Why are we talking about a potential deadline trade in the off-season?

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Ross Rhea
Nathan Flomm

vCash: 50
I could see him fetching a little bit more than what Roloson got at the deadline last year.

A good prospect and a 2nd round pick.

Ross Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:30 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widmore View Post
I could see him fetching a little bit more than what Roloson got at the deadline last year.

hed get way more than that

would you expect thats what lundqvist would return in a trade?

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:33 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
hed get way more than that

would you expect thats what lundqvist would return in a trade?
Lundqvist is better.....

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:34 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
1st and a good prospect.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:34 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Lundqvist is better.....
Marginally.

Old
07-12-2011, 10:38 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:

He'd get back more than that... Kipper has good valve and I think Flames would get back a 1st and a solid prospect or young player at min.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Ross Rhea
Nathan Flomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
He'd get back more than that... Kipper has good valve and I think Flames would get back a 1st and a solid prospect or young player at min.
okay, the Ducks are a reasonable candidate to contend for a playoff spot next year. Hiller's long term situation is cloudy. What would you ask the Ducks for? What would you ask Toronto for?

Ross Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:50 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
okay, the Ducks are a reasonable candidate to contend for a playoff spot next year. Hiller's long term situation is cloudy. What would you ask the Ducks for? What would you ask Toronto for?
Ducks is a tough one...Fowler and maybe a 2nd. Or Emerson Etem and a 1st.

Toronto...Kadri, 1st.

Calgary would need to send back a 3rd or something in those deals to make it work, they are a little bit favoring Calgary.

Old
07-12-2011, 10:53 PM
victor

Goalies are the hardest to predict.
Couple of points to consider:
  • Kippers NMC doesn't end until the end of next (2011-2012) season.
  • He has 3 years left on his contract.
  • His cap hit is $5.83m per year.
  • His contract is for $12.5m in salary (6m,5m,1m)
  • His save percentage over the last four seasons has been 0.906, 0.903, 0.920, 0.906

Not a great number of teams that could take on that contract this year - I can't see him traded until next year. He has a rebound year (0.920) and without the NMC, and $6m owed instead of $12.5m, and he would return more from a team with weak goaltending looking to meet the cap floor. I can't see him accepting a trade to a cap floor team with the NMC, and there's a great deal of financial risk in his current contract.

I think that the Flames will see how he does this season, and try to move him next year in the off season.

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 11:41 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post

Toronto...Kadri, 1st.

Calgary would need to send back a 3rd or something in those deals to make it work, they are a little bit favoring Calgary.
I really don't see either team making the trade. Kipper has been a pretty average to below average goalie the last few years with a high cap hit. A 1st and a middle prospect is about the most I would expect him to return.

Old
07-13-2011, 12:07 AM
bam09

I think Phoenix would be a great trading partner. They have a boatload of good prospects/young guys, and can surely expend one of them and a 1st/later pick depending on the quality of the prospect.

Their system really works best if they have that goalie that can be sharp consistently, and Kipper is a goalie that really needs a solid team in front of him to get going. I know any goalie can be good behind a great defense, but Kipper is "steals you 2 points good" backstopping that kind of team.

Besides, Phoenix seems to make a habit of getting the most out of ex-Flames that were said to be fading.

bam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:12 AM
HoshiBlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam09 View Post
I think Phoenix would be a great trading partner. They have a boatload of good prospects/young guys, and can surely expend one of them and a 1st/later pick depending on the quality of the prospect.

Their system really works best if they have that goalie that can be sharp consistently, and Kipper is a goalie that really needs a solid team in front of him to get going. I know any goalie can be good behind a great defense, but Kipper is "steals you 2 points good" backstopping that kind of team.

Besides, Phoenix seems to make a habit of getting the most out of ex-Flames that were said to be fading.
I agree that Coyotes would be a good partner, especially since they need to fill the void that Bryz left. Personally, I would want OEL as the key component back in the deal. But you know what? I'd lmao is there was a deal including Gormley.

HoshiBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Noori

vCash: 860
Kiprusoff's stats are going to be ugly this year barring a Norris worthy season from Bouwmeester. I'd be happy with a 1st, a mid-level prospect, and a lesser goaltender. Kiprusoff only makes 6.5 for two years after this season, so that could be appealing to some teams. It's a fairly buyout-friendly contract as well in two years time.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:22 AM
mstad101

To PHX for Brandon Gromley Mike Smith (cap hit) and 1st round pick 2013, conditional 3rd (condition is PHX makes 2nd round of playoffs, if not no 3rd)

Kipper and depth Dman with low cap hit to PHX

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:32 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
To PHX for Brandon Gromley Mike Smith (cap hit) and 1st round pick 2013, conditional 3rd (condition is PHX makes 2nd round of playoffs, if not no 3rd)

Kipper and depth Dman with low cap hit to PHX
No.
For starters if the Coyotes could have afforded to pay a Goalie 7 million dollars they would have kept Bryz, who is better than Miikka anyway.

Second, he's not worth what amounts to two first rounders at that salary. I'd offer that same package to Vancouver for Schneider before an aging overpaid Kipper, not that I'd do that either.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:47 AM
showtime8

I think that people are deeply undervaluing Kipper. I think that he's still a top 5-7 goalie in the league and on a good team he puts up huge numbers.

Keep in mind that he's played over 70 games in the last 6 consecutive seasons. No other goalie in the league can say that they've done that.

The downside is that he's getting up there in age, but durability hasn't been an issue for this guy. He's got 2 solid years left in him and a 3rd year if he can split time with another goalie.

To me, he goes where teams need to win now.

To Calgary:
D Mike Green - they need a guy to play the point and eat up big minutes

To Washington:
G Miikka Kiprusoff - easily makes them the team to beat in the East

Seems like a fair value trade, but there might have to be a couple smaller pieces added.

showtime8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:54 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
I think that people are deeply undervaluing Kipper. I think that he's still a top 5-7 goalie in the league and on a good team he puts up huge numbers.

Keep in mind that he's played over 70 games in the last 6 consecutive seasons. No other goalie in the league can say that they've done that.

The downside is that he's getting up there in age, but durability hasn't been an issue for this guy. He's got 2 solid years left in him and a 3rd year if he can split time with another goalie.

To Calgary:

To Washington:

Seems like a fair value trade, but there might have to be a couple smaller pieces added.
Vokoun, Neuvirth and Holtby all say hi.

Lundqvist, Thomas, Price, Luongo, Miller, Vokoun, Brodeur, Bryzgalov > Kipper.

This isn't the Kipper from 2-3 years ago. He's become really average.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:55 AM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:

To Calgary:

To Washington:

Washington counters with Carlson instead. That way they can use Ovie-Backstrom-Semin-Green as their forwards, and play both Kipper and Vokoun in net at the same time. Its a great strategy.

Seriously. Why does Washington want ANOTHER GOALIE???

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post

Toronto...Kadri, 1st.

Lmao. Kadri + 1st. Are you high?

Don't get your hopes up when he's traded for either a late first or mid second + a decent prospect.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 01:06 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:

To Calgary:

To Washington:

Kipper was 34th in Sv% last season 28th in GAA last season. In 09-10 he was 10th in Sv% 7th in GAA. In 08-09 he was 32nd in Sv% and 32nd in GAA. In 07-09 Kipper was 30th in Sv% 28th in GAA. Those are not the stats of 5-7 goalie the last 4 seasons. 3 out of the last 4 seasons he is questionably an NHL starter by stats. Lets say stats don't mean everything and he played on bad teams even being generous he's a top 15 goalie at best.....with a 5.8 million dollar cap hit for the next 3 seasons

Old
07-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Remember2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
No.
For starters if the Coyotes could have afforded to pay a Goalie 7 million dollars they would have kept Bryz, who is better than Miikka anyway.

Second, he's not worth what amounts to two first rounders at that salary. I'd offer that same package to Vancouver for Schneider before an aging overpaid Kipper, not that I'd do that either.
Your using some real logic here you would try a unproven starter over a proven starter but you wouldn't do that either? Who do you expect someone like price?? Also what is Bryz save % in playoffs? It must be better the kippers if you rather keep Bryz? The only thing is Bryz has a .3 better % then Kipper

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 01:12 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Lmao. Kadri + 1st. Are you high?

Don't get your hopes up when he's traded for either a late first or mid second + a decent prospect.
A Toronto fan telling me about trade value, that's rich.

Old
07-13-2011, 01:20 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Your using some real logic here you would try a unproven starter over a proven starter but you wouldn't do that either? Who do you expect someone like price?? Also what is Bryz save % in playoffs? It must be better the kippers if you rather keep Bryz? The only thing is Bryz has a .3 better % then Kipper
No, I'm saying the value isn't there for what is effectively 2 firsts if I were the GM. The Coyotes have too many long term holes to be moving assets for a goaltender who is aging and expensive. If they were overly concerned about having a top flight net minder they would have tried hard to retain the one they had. Don Maloney stated that he never even got to talking dollar figures with Bryz because he didn't see that as an area worth the expense.

The reason I would go for a younger goaltender over Kipper is because they could actually afford him. I wouldn't offer the deal though because it's still too rich for my blood and I'd just hold on to the assets.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote