HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Miikka Kiprusoff

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2011, 09:14 PM
  #76
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,211
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
you'd want that but lets be serious you'd never get it. Look at the last 2 big Flames trade

Phaneuf and Aulie for a 3rd line C, a depth winger, a 3rd line winger and a #4-5 d man

That got us Phaneuf who seems to be rounding back into form after recovering from his injury and Keith Aulie a guy who is quickly developing into a top 4 d man.

all that you guys have left from that deal is a SEVERLEY overpaid Stajan and a an overpaid Niklas Hagman who is on the wrong side of 30 and didn't even produce 30 points.

Then you guys took Rybon Regehr and for some reason instead of dealing him to a team like the caps and letting Kotalik go to the KHL where his salary would come off the books and you could KEEP your 2nd rounder.

your GM felt the need to Trade Regehr Kotalik AND a 2nd rounder and move that package to the Sabres for Butler and Byron instead allowing Kotalik to go to the KHL like he said he'd do.

The last 2 big trades your team has made you guys have been KILLED on the return so if we go by hiatory chances are if Kipper was to be traded the return would NOT be something flames fans would approve of.

Thats not to say Kipper isn't worth more then he'd get. He is BUT the Flames Organizationn has a history of making AWFUL trades the last couple years.
Are you ****ing kidding me? LEAF FANS are going to tell us about bad trade value! Kessel for Knight, Seguin and Hamilton was brilliant wasn't it! Bugger off.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 09:47 PM
  #77
bam09
Registered User
 
bam09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me? LEAF FANS are going to tell us about bad trade value! Kessel for Knight, Seguin and Hamilton was brilliant wasn't it! Bugger off.
At least (most) of them acknowledge it was. But, to further, if you wanted to insult him, you could have at least said: "and Leafs fans would know a thing about bad trades."

Nice job there. Keep making us look classy.

bam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:23 PM
  #78
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
you'd want that but lets be serious you'd never get it. Look at the last 2 big Flames trade

Phaneuf and Aulie for a 3rd line C, a depth winger, a 3rd line winger and a #4-5 d man

That got us Phaneuf who seems to be rounding back into form after recovering from his injury and Keith Aulie a guy who is quickly developing into a top 4 d man.

all that you guys have left from that deal is a SEVERLEY overpaid Stajan and a an overpaid Niklas Hagman who is on the wrong side of 30 and didn't even produce 30 points.

Then you guys took Rybon Regehr and for some reason instead of dealing him to a team like the caps and letting Kotalik go to the KHL where his salary would come off the books and you could KEEP your 2nd rounder.

your GM felt the need to Trade Regehr Kotalik AND a 2nd rounder and move that package to the Sabres for Butler and Byron instead allowing Kotalik to go to the KHL like he said he'd do.

The last 2 big trades your team has made you guys have been KILLED on the return so if we go by hiatory chances are if Kipper was to be traded the return would NOT be something flames fans would approve of.

Thats not to say Kipper isn't worth more then he'd get. He is BUT the Flames Organizationn has a history of making AWFUL trades the last couple years.
Clearly you know more than our management team and ownership group correct?

The deal was Regehr AND Kotaik for Chris Butler, Then a 2nd round pick for Paul Byron.

You have absolutely no idea how this trade will play out over the course of the next few seasons.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:25 PM
  #79
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me? LEAF FANS are going to tell us about bad trade value! Kessel for Knight, Seguin and Hamilton was brilliant wasn't it! Bugger off.
How's Stajan and Hagman doing?

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:32 PM
  #80
mrdonkey
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
How's Stajan and Hagman doing?
Just fine, thanks. By the way, thanks for Ian White, we really like Babchuk and Kostopolous.

mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:35 PM
  #81
SuperSaiyanBeastmode
Registered User
 
SuperSaiyanBeastmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
Just fine, thanks. By the way, thanks for Ian White, we really like Babchuk and Kostopolous.
LOL what a lie, you'd get rid of those guys in a second if you could. It's not like we don't notice flames fan trying to pawn them off any time they can....

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:36 PM
  #82
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me? LEAF FANS are going to tell us about bad trade value! Kessel for Knight, Seguin and Hamilton was brilliant wasn't it! Bugger off.
Nice you can't dispute a SINGLE thing that was said so you have to resort to insults.

Truth hurts flames fans.

as for the Kessel deal say what you want about it, most people think it was a bad deal but we got a very young 30+ goal scorer who has the talent to get 40.

The Flames have Iggy but he's 34 how much longer will he be the player he is? and once he starts to decline who do you have that can take his spot? the answer is NOBODY.

Besides that can you name another deal OTHER then the Kessel deal where it can be argued we didn't get full value?

no you can't the Kessel deal is ALL you have.

I could bring up the Phaneuf deal, the Regehr deal, the Jokenin deal you know the one where you dealr Lombardi who was healthy at the time, a 1st and and I believe Adam Pardy was in that deal to.

ALL you have to go on in recent years is the Kessel deal and when getting a 23 year old RW with 3 stright 30+ goal seasons under your belt is your "bad deal." ya maybe we overpaid but it could be A LOT worse.

You keep enjoying those 3rd 4th liners and 2nd rate prospecta you get for your Key peices like Phaneuf and Regehr though. Keep enjoying the fact that your team throws in prospects like Keith Aulie who are developing well on other teams or high draft picks like the 2nd rounder in the deal with the Buffalo.

Me? I'll keep enjoying watching my team build towards being competitive while at the same time getting younger by picking up guys like Cody Franson and a draft pick if Lombardi doesn't play for Brett Lebda and a guy who could BARELY stick with the Marlies in Slaney.



Or Lupul and Gardnier AND a draft pick for Beauchmin a lot of people forget there is a pick in that deal it's a low pick but still. Throw in that Lupul's health seems to be getting better and it looks like he and Kessel have some chemistry together and ya good deal.

Or Liles who at 4.2 million is a BARGIN compared to some the deals that were signed for a 2012 2nd rounder that will likely be in the 50's seeing as it's Boston's pick. OK that deal doesn't make us younger but it makes us better.

Or and I know we have been over this but it works here a top pairing d man and a young guy who looks like he can be a top 4 d man as well for what amounts to a bag of crap.

or Turning Kaberle into colborne a 1st and a 2nd which again goes back to the Liles trade as it was that 2nd that we used to get him .

I almost forgot How about turning Versteeg who went to the Panthers for a 2nd and 3rd into a 1st and 3rd from Philly?

like I said ya you can say we overpaid for Kessel but when you look at the other deals we have made and getting a 23 year old 3 time 30+ with the talent to hit 40 is your "Bad deal."

There is not a whole hell of a lot to complain about on the trade front.

Truth hurts doesn't it Flames fan?

try to dispute what I just typed....... YOU CAN'T

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:39 PM
  #83
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
Just fine, thanks. By the way, thanks for Ian White, we really like Babchuk and Kostopolous.
Oh watch out ... The Great Anton Babchuk.

Seriously though. Phaneuf + Aulie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (I could continue this all day) Stajan+Hagman+Kostopolous+Babchuk. AINEC

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:39 PM
  #84
mrdonkey
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Ah, another thread that has nothing to do with the Leafs suddenly becomes a Leafs thread.

Good old HF. Don't ever change.

mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:40 PM
  #85
showtime8
Registered User
 
showtime8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam09 View Post
At least (most) of them acknowledge it was. But, to further, if you wanted to insult him, you could have at least said: "and Leafs fans would know a thing about bad trades."

Nice job there. Keep making us look classy.

Yea, the Leafs do know their fair share of bad trades. I can admit that for sure.

But I think that can go for any team really. (St. Louis?)


But the point of this post is the guage the value of Miikka Kiprusoff and although as a Leaf fan, my vision may be clouded with BS, I still see Kipper as a top 10 (closer to 5-7) goalie in this league. I don't think he's had the best defense infront of him for the past couple years, but he's still been consistent. And I think because he's been so durable for the team, people seem to think that he's lost it or no other options. But there's a guy named Leland Irving in the minors that was an amazing junior goalie and still could be the goalie of the future. Says the quality of a player that Miikka is. And I also think that age has nothing to do with this. Ask Tim Thomas about his ring at 37 years old, I hear he's doing good.


Depends what you're getting in return, fair value would be:

A package of picks that include:
1st Round Pick (20 or later)
3rd Round Pick
Defensive Prospect

or

a 2nd round pick and
a current roster defenseman

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:45 PM
  #86
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Clearly you know more than our management team and ownership group correct?

The deal was Regehr AND Kotaik for Chris Butler, Then a 2nd round pick for Paul Byron.

You have absolutely no idea how this trade will play out over the course of the next few seasons.
Seeing as I have seen interviews where he SAID he'd go to the KHL if he wasn't given playing time there is nothing to salvafe about that trade. IT WAS BAD.

As for how to trade will play out well he's not playing with Tyler Myers and you think Calgary has a chance to win that trade....... Good luck with that.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:47 PM
  #87
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Seeing as I have seen interviews where he SAID he'd go to the KHL if he wasn't given playing time there is nothing to salvafe about that trade. IT WAS BAD.
Come on. You'd be foolish to think that Kotalik was going to the KHL at this point. He's not.

Regardless of what you think, Feaster is not an idiot. There's no way he'd give up a 2nd rounder just to lose Kotalik if he was going to the KHL.

Take this out of your argument, because it's wrong. Not like anyone has read your 25 lines of biased nonsense anyway.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:50 PM
  #88
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Seeing as I have seen interviews where he SAID he'd go to the KHL if he wasn't given playing time there is nothing to salvafe about that trade. IT WAS BAD.

As for how to trade will play out well he's not playing with Tyler Myers and you think Calgary has a chance to win that trade....... Good luck with that.
So you have inside sources saying he received an offer that he found suitable enough for him to fork offer three million dollars pay for the upcoming season?

Stop talking out of your ass.

I fail to see how we received bad value as we dumped a terrible contract and got two quality young assets that will help us not only now but in the future.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:51 PM
  #89
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Come on. You'd be foolish to think that Kotalik was going to the KHL at this point. He's not.

Regardless of what you think, Feaster is not an idiot. There's no way he'd give up a 2nd rounder just to lose Kotalik if he was going to the KHL.

Take this out of your argument, because it's wrong. Not like anyone has read your 25 lines of biased nonsense anyway.
umm it's not biased man I LIVE in Alberta I WATCH the flames you have to in COMPLETE DENIAL if you think that was a good deal.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:54 PM
  #90
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Oh watch out ... The Great Anton Babchuk.

Seriously though. Phaneuf + Aulie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (I could continue this all day) Stajan+Hagman+Kostopolous+Babchuk. AINEC
Why?

Babchuk was just as productive offensively as Phaneuf last season in a much lesser role.

Not to mention Babchuk's only a year older than Phaneuf and comes in at 1/3 the cost.


Last edited by HighLifeMan: 07-13-2011 at 11:00 PM.
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:54 PM
  #91
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
umm it's not biased man I LIVE in Alberta I WATCH the flames you have to in COMPLETE DENIAL if you think that was a good deal.
No, I don't think it was a good deal.

But it was a necessary one if Feaster wants to brand this team his own. That speeds up the process and gives us more cap mobility.

Regehr was one of my favorite defencemen, but you'd be hard pressed to find a less mobile guy in the league. He's a great defenceman, but perhaps doesn't fit what Feaster wants.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:55 PM
  #92
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
I love how Flame fans have yet to dispute A SINGLE THING that I have said, So they need to resort to insults because they CANNOT dispute what I have said although I would love to see one of you actually try,

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:57 PM
  #93
mrdonkey
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I love how Flame fans have yet to dispute A SINGLE THING that I have said, So they need to resort to insults because they CANNOT dispute what I have said although I would love to see one of you actually try,
I'm sure you would, but nobody is dumb enough to waste time writing up a concise argument for an angry internet troll who probably won't even read it and doesn't even care enough to get his facts straight (Pardy a part of the Jokinen deal? News to me)

Go stir the pot somewhere else. Your shtick is getting old here.

mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:59 PM
  #94
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
No, I don't think it was a good deal.

But it was a necessary one if Feaster wants to brand this team his own. That speeds up the process and gives us more cap mobility.

Regehr was one of my favorite defencemen, but you'd be hard pressed to find a less mobile guy in the league. He's a great defenceman, but perhaps doesn't fit what Feaster wants.
you are missing the point. Perhaps the move had to be made but I think you could have gotten more.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 11:00 PM
  #95
mrdonkey
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
you are missing the point. Perhaps the move had to be made but I think you could have gotten more.
Good for you. You should send your resume to Jay Feaster, I'm sure he'd love to hear all your innovative and refreshing ideas. You must be awesome at Be A GM mode on your Xbox.

mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 11:02 PM
  #96
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesselsnapSHOT View Post
LOL what a lie, you'd get rid of those guys in a second if you could. It's not like we don't notice flames fan trying to pawn them off any time they can....
Why would we have any interest in moving either Babchuck's or TKO's contracts?

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 11:04 PM
  #97
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
you are missing the point. Perhaps the move had to be made but I think you could have gotten more.
Maybe so, but one mediocre trade does not make way for another.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 11:08 PM
  #98
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Why?

Babchuk was just as productive offensively as Phaneuf last season in a much lesser role.

Not to mention Babchuk's only a year older than Phaneuf and comes in at 1/3 the cost.
Phaneuf missed 16 games and was playing injured. After the all-star game when he recovered he was almost PPG.

He is also solid defensively and a much better hitter than Babchuk.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 11:18 PM
  #99
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Phaneuf missed 16 games and was playing injured. After the all-star game when he recovered he was almost PPG.

He is also solid defensively and a much better hitter than Babchuk.
Injuries have been used as an excuse for Phaneuf for 3 years now....even when he was a flame.

The only edge Phaneuf has on Babchuk is skating ability and physicality.
I would give Babchuk the edge in positional defense however.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:18 AM
  #100
bam09
Registered User
 
bam09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Injuries have been used as an excuse for Phaneuf for 3 years now....even when he was a flame.

The only edge Phaneuf has on Babchuk is skating ability and physicality.
I would give Babchuk the edge in positional defense however.
Well, it's odd he gets what? Triple Babchuk's ice time?

I don't get the bitterness coming out of Calgary. We're supposed to be classy, but there's guys insulting other franchises, when it's not like we have a rich history, disputing anything anti-Flames, and saying untrue things, at best about ex-players.

I don't know why most of you are surprised that most people don't rate us that highly. We're a team that's been trying to win the cup(ie not rebuilding, taking a retool year) every year since the lockout, and we've never escaped the first, had home ice twice, and missed the playoffs twice. We are one of few teams to never win a playoff series post lockout....and we're still trying to win with the same group of guys every year bar a tweaking every now and then.

It's not working, and it's panic time which causes a bunch of you to be so defensive. Embrace a rebuild We'll be in for a more exciting brand of hockey with a revamped team when we're through with it.

bam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.