HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan White inks one-year (1-way deal)

Old
07-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Love the guy. Great to have him on board, not that he was going anywhere. My only slight concern, if I may, I just hope he continues to have the same style even if we don't bring any help. Only slight concern. Aside from that....again, great to have him on board.

Note to everybody....here's a reason why you cannot take a rookie or a development camp as the bible who will make it or not. Guys I loved at camp, amongst a few ones, Juraj Mikus, Oskari Korpikari, Niklas Torp....White was amongst the worst I have ever seen and yet....here he is. Note though, that I never said he'd never make it because of it...but just stated how bad he was. Yet, he improved along the years and never hold back despite his deficiencies. Deficiencies he'll have to deal with but will never hold him back to be serviceable. Though when you have such an average skillset, you need 1 great quality if you ever want to make it and toughness is one of them. Toughness and commitment. The motor will just never stop. And neither are his way of playing. Will be tough and in your face. Let's hope it continues that way, but chances are it will. White is too intelligent to not realize that this is what will keep him in this league.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 08:01 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Please don`t be so smug with what looks to me like a Homer analysis. I DO understand the points you and others make, I just do not AGREE with them. Something about having my own mind.

What I saw is that Boychuk went for an open ice hit on Subban, who spectacularly jumped and spun out of the way. Looking at it, there is no way to know for sure that Boychuk was planning to give himself a 5-minute major and game misconduct plus probably a suspension for going at Subban's knee in the first few minutes of the game.

Of course, when Subban hit Marchand in open ice a few months earlier, you were cheering I'm sure and defending Subban's hit as perfectly normal.

As for the supposedly "avoided" SECOND (lol) attempt on Subban's knee, are you SERIOUS in thinking that a fight narrowly lost (no real permanent damage to Boychuk) is/was more of a deterrent to dangerous behaviour than the severe penalties the league might give out?

THINK about it, dude. Pretty much no one in the league could take out Derek Boogaard. Why would his team not just ask him to go around injuring people left and right since he had nothing to fear??

Meanwhile, could you please let me know if you too feel SO GOOD about that night because favourite son Ryan White won a fight that you forget what happened 1 hour later?
WTH does that mean? Boychuk took out Mason Raymond in the opening seconds of Game 6. Boychuk is a borderline punk who beat the crap out of Spacek and tried to take out Subban's knee.

He deserved what he got from White.

And to your last point about Pacioretty, not even deserving a reply or comment.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 08:21 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

lol @ the guy trying to make a complete angel out of Boychuk. The same guy who nearly broke Raymond's spine (without even mentioning his fight against Spacek).

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 03:48 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
lol @ the guy trying to make a complete angel out of Boychuk. The same guy who nearly broke Raymond's spine (without even mentioning his fight against Spacek).
Yeah for real

It was clearly an attempted knee on knee. I actually like BBC posts usually but he's way off here. And I'm not being a homer this is just pretty obvious. He went after Subban's knee.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 05:14 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah for real

It was clearly an attempted knee on knee. I actually like BBC posts usually but he's way off here. And I'm not being a homer this is just pretty obvious. He went after Subban's knee.
It's a major strategy in this league.

I actually didn't watch that game, so I don't know what you're referring to, I'm just going to believe you.

I remember in another game, I think it was the one just after, James Neal went after Eller's knee. I breathed a sigh of relief because losing two young studs in two games would have sucked.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote