HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Jeff Pyle Named Texas Stars Head Coach

Old
07-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Jeff Pyle Named Texas Stars Head Coach

http://theahl.com/pyle-named-head-co...-texas-p171737

Interesting hire. His teams gradually got worse as the years went by in Gwinnett. Throw in the fact he is 52.

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 05:03 PM
topchedda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post

Interesting hire. His teams gradually got worse as the years went by in Gwinnett. Throw in the fact he is 52.
Jeff Pyle deserves this opporunity. He's a great coach and will be missed in Gwinnett. Don't let his last two years fool you....he didn't get any help from Atlanta contracted players.

topchedda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchedda View Post
Jeff Pyle deserves this opporunity. He's a great coach and will be missed in Gwinnett. Don't let his last two years fool you....he didn't get any help from Atlanta contracted players.
I meant the season results. Ever since the Kelly Cup Finals run the season has ended earlier and earlier.

Old
07-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post

Anyone linked to the crappy Atlanta franchise suffered because of the that **** ownership. I wouldn't read too much into the record.

07-13-2011, 10:49 PM
axecrew

Be interesting to see what happens the first time Dallas calls someone up and then doesn't use them. All he did was cry all last year about how mis-treated his team was because they lost players to call-up.

axecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:59 PM
topchedda

Quote:
Originally Posted by axecrew View Post
Be interesting to see what happens the first time Dallas calls someone up and then doesn't use them. All he did was cry all last year about how mis-treated his team was because they lost players to call-up.
Not true. The fact is that the players called up, never got sent back or replaced. Hell to go from losing a first and second line and playing the season with 3rd and 4th lines.

Old
07-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Not true. The fact is that the players called up, never got sent back or replaced. Hell to go from losing a first and second line and playing the season with 3rd and 4th lines.
Like it or not though, it's Pyle's job to replace those guys....not Chicago's.

Old
07-15-2011, 05:39 PM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

And at that level, you're replacing them with beer leaguers.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
He did well with what was going on. Near the end it wasn't looking good he made some moves to get more Forwards at least more depth. I think he was a solid coach but I'm surprised he is getting the promotion.

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 10:37 PM
axecrew

Quote:
What part is not true? So taking you at your word....his job is not to prepare his players to move up to the next level. He shouldn't want his players to move up but instead your selfishly ask them to jettison their careers so that he can keep his team and HIS career together? Wow....just wow.

axecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 04:38 AM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
What part is not true? So taking you at your word....his job is not to prepare his players to move up to the next level. He shouldn't want his players to move up but instead your selfishly ask them to jettison their careers so that he can keep his team and HIS career together? Wow....just wow.
Even from way over here in england and germany I can see that Pyle did not do real well his last few years. I think that he is a decent coach and I guess we will find out.

He got really pissed when the Wolves did not hire him after John Anderson left and he got real mad at the whole situation with call-ups and lack of Atlanta depth and drafting ability. It also did not help when Chevy left Chicago as Chevy typically did not get free agent players from Gwinnett.

I think that All of that just kept pyling on him and he gave up. We have all had that type of feeling in our jobs!!

Tommy Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 12:49 PM
topchedda

Quote:
You totally misinterpreted my comment. He didn't 'cry' about it. Coach Pyle was always accommodating to a player being called up at the sacrifice to the Gladiators.