HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anthony Stewart IDEA

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2004, 10:19 PM
thrill89

vCash: 500
Anthony Stewart IDEA

Seeing that the rangers are tryin to improve the size of the team , i really think Anthony Stewart will be what i hope Jessimen will be. I was wondering if we can trade them one defenseman like Kasper for him. I think he could be another power player like Ingilna. Time will tell.....Imagine Holik -Stewart and Jessimen all together!
To NY-Stewart
Florida- Kasper
Any thoughts

Old
08-01-2004, 10:44 PM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill89
Seeing that the rangers are tryin to improve the size of the team , i really think Anthony Stewart will be what i hope Jessimen will be. I was wondering if we can trade them one defenseman like Kasper for him. I think he could be another power player like Ingilna. Time will tell.....Imagine Holik -Stewart and Jessimen all together!
To NY-Stewart
Florida- Kasper
Any thoughts

Stewart is way to good and Kaspar is too much of a risk with a huge contract for this to work. Ya Florida wants to win but they're not going to give up a prize prospect for a guy who's done after his contract. Sorry but it wouldn't happen

Old
08-01-2004, 10:58 PM
nyr7andcounting

Yea, I think that's too much for Florida to give up. They are still a young team and I doubt they trade one of their better prospects for a guy like Kasper.

Kasper is still solid, but isn't the defenseman he once was... especially coming off of an injury. With that said, and considering his contract, Kaspers' trade value is low right now.

But, if you look at that division, Florida actually has a good shot at second place. If they can beat up on Carolina and Washington enough, they might end up in the playoffs. If that's the case, than Florida might make this trade in Feb or March.

Old
08-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
But, if you look at that division, Florida actually has a good shot at second place. If they can beat up on Carolina and Washington enough, they might end up in the playoffs. If that's the case, than Florida might make this trade in Feb or March.
When I look at that division, Florida has a realistic shot at third place. Atlanta will make the playoffs without a doubt this season. Florida is still a year or two away from the playoffs in my opinion.

Old
08-02-2004, 12:01 AM
NYR469

florida doesn't make that deal

Old
08-02-2004, 12:32 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
florida doesn't make that deal

How about Greg Campbell for Kasper??

Campbell solid lw with size.

Old
08-02-2004, 12:55 AM
ClutchTom

I don't think anyone is taking on Kasparaitis due to that massive contract. You can propose any trade you want, I don't see it happening. Did we overpay for him or what? I can't believe we gave him SIX years.

Old
08-02-2004, 09:34 AM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchTom
I don't think anyone is taking on Kasparaitis due to that massive contract. You can propose any trade you want, I don't see it happening. Did we overpay for him or what? I can't believe we gave him SIX years.

To be honest, i'm not really bothered by the length or money, yes overpayment but Kaspar is one of the hardest working players on the ice and he gives it his all every game. Ya he's not a #1 guy and can be wild but IMO, and yes this is crazy, he's worth the money, especially when he's partnered with a steady guy like cross or deVries.

Old
08-02-2004, 10:25 AM
DarthSather99

As a Ranger fan I'd do it in a hardbeat but I think it is a biased trade. Stewart is too good and we rob florida.

Old
08-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Onion Boy

We can't assume that just because Keenan's at the helm, he's gonna mortgage the Panthers' future for gritty vets. If I remember correctly, Keenan was absolutely ecstatic with the selections of both Horton and Stewart when he was coach in 2003.

Old
08-02-2004, 01:37 PM
ClutchTom

You're not bothered? Even now that Kaspar is coming off an injury? The fact remains that, when used as a number 3 defenseman, like he is going to be this coming season, Kaspar was a minus 18 or so. That's absolutely pitiful. Six years is just outrageous....

SJB - you're right. Stewart and Horton are all Keenan-influenced selections.

Old
08-02-2004, 01:43 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchTom
You're not bothered? Even now that Kaspar is coming off an injury? The fact remains that, when used as a number 3 defenseman, like he is going to be this coming season, Kaspar was a minus 18 or so. That's absolutely pitiful. Six years is just outrageous....

SJB - you're right. Stewart and Horton are all Keenan-influenced selections.
Anyone would've taken them at their positions. The ONLY one I could see Keenan having any bit of a say would've been Stewart. But even there, who would possibly be taken before him at that position?

Old
08-02-2004, 03:09 PM
ClutchTom

Well, not so much Horton as it is Stewart. I remember the commentators saying the same thing that year. You have to admit, both players fit well into the Keenan model. They are tough, can grind, and can score....very much play the N.A. game to it's fullest. Back to the topic at hand, there is no way Keenan makes that trade....even if he has a penchant for mortgaging his team's future.

Old
08-02-2004, 03:16 PM
dumpsathernow*

I think Stewart is vastly overrated as a prospect. If Jessiman can't be better then him it was a waste of a pick. Jessiman is a lot bigger then Stewart. Stewart reminds me more of Garth Murray with more of an offensive game but he doesn't have close to the offensive skills Jessiman does. Remember that Hugh was double and tripled team all year and still put up about a point per game for Dartmouth. That type of mugging he received should provide him great experience because when he starts producing on the NHL level he will get mugged.

Old
08-02-2004, 07:59 PM
neg marron

exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
As a Ranger fan I'd do it in a hardbeat but I think it is a biased trade. Stewart is too good and we rob florida.
florida would be crazy to do this scouts compare stewy to a young concussion free eric lindros and that's scary for opposing teams plus he's built like the hulk
so forget it

Old
08-03-2004, 01:07 PM
dumpsathernow*

"florida would be crazy to do this scouts compare stewy to a young concussion free eric lindros"

Are you nuts? He is nothing like Lindros. He doesn't have 1/10 th the talent of Lindros. He is projected as more of a grinder. His offensive skills are not top notch At all. His offensive skills are nothing compared to Lindros. Second, physically he is a shrimp compared to Lindros.

You people make it seem like this guy is a monster. He's only 6'1. Yeah he is 225. So what. Jagr is 6'2, 225. Lindros was 6'4 or 6'5 and 245. Big difference. Jessiman is 6'5 and probably will round out at about 230 to 245.

Closed Thread