HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia & St. Louis

Old
11-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Cable

vCash: 500
Philadelphia & St. Louis

Philadelphia Trades

F - A. Nodl
D - B. Coburn

St. Louis Trades

F - J. Schwartz
D - I. Cole
D - R. Polak

Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 10:04 AM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
I love Coburn but I would do this deal in a heartbeat.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

I like Polak.

Can be a shutdown guy.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:10 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

I really don't like Coburn - he needs to go

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:15 AM
DenverBoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
no way we're getting Schwartz, too good of a prospect

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:19 AM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
To be honest, I have no idea who Cole and Schwartz are.

flyersfan018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:20 AM
decadentia

Quote:
From what, the 2-3 games you've seen this season?

Please. Coburn is what he is, if you're expecting more you haven't been watching.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:21 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I'd do that trade without Schwartz. There's plenty of puck movers in Philadelphia. We need some defenders (outside of Pronger) that play with some snarl in their game and will make other teams regret going towards the net.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Quote:
what? why?

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:47 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Coburn gets locked up before the end of the season and stays a Flyer for 5 more years. /thread.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

You can have carle. No way coburn is going anywhere

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:48 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I like Ian Cole a ton, but I really doubt the Blues would ever do this move. Not real sure if I would do it either.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
The Blues would never do this

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

The Blues don't touch this offer.

We need all of the included players.

Schwartz is our replacement for McDonald.

Cole has the potential to be the LD that we desperately need.

Polak is one of our few shutdown defenders.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:56 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
You can have carle. No way coburn is going anywhere
Everyone says that, but what does Coburn bring to the table? He's not a shutdown guy, he's not much of an offensive defenseman, and his play is inconsistent from game to game. Honestly, why does everyone like Coburn so much for? He's nothing more than an average number 5 guy on most teams. And every year, we keep hearing "he's going to be that stopper this team requires" or "he's finally turned the corner and he's going to be that dominant defensive defenseman this team needs." And every year, the guy does nothing but disappoint. It's time to cut losses and let him be someone else's problem. And when you consider he'll probably get 4 to 4.5 million a year, it's way too much for the job he does. Honestly, Coburn is nothing more than a poor man's Scott Hannan, just that Hannan has at least proven in his career he can be a stopper.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 03:19 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Everyone says that, but what does Coburn bring to the table? He's not a shutdown guy, he's not much of an offensive defenseman, and his play is inconsistent from game to game. Honestly, why does everyone like Coburn so much for? He's nothing more than an average number 5 guy on most teams. And every year, we keep hearing "he's going to be that stopper this team requires" or "he's finally turned the corner and he's going to be that dominant defensive defenseman this team needs." And every year, the guy does nothing but disappoint. It's time to cut losses and let him be someone else's problem. And when you consider he'll probably get 4 to 4.5 million a year, it's way too much for the job he does. Honestly, Coburn is nothing more than a poor man's Scott Hannan, just that Hannan has at least proven in his career he can be a stopper.
I don't have the energy to argue this, but you're wrong. I know, horrible argument, but I really think this is glaringly obvious. His game isn't rounded i'll give you that, but that's going way too far. He'd be a welcome #3 and definitely #4 on quite a few teams in the league.

Old
11-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
I don't have the energy to argue this, but you're wrong. I know, horrible argument, but I really think this is glaringly obvious. His game isn't rounded i'll give you that, but that's going way too far.
I agree with him.

He is inconsistent. There isn't much there offensively and he is above average defensively. He would be more dominant if he used his size more consistently. He just isn't an aggressive player. His hockey sense is pretty low. Carle and Coburn are in their last years unless they take their games to another level this year. For what they are being paid being average isn't good enough.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
Philadelphia Trades

F - A. Nodl
D - B. Coburn

St. Louis Trades

F - J. Schwartz
D - I. Cole
D - R. Polak
I doubt the blues do this. Me, I like Coburn. But I do this deal if it was realistic.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:02 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

A couple of games back, everytime I saw coburn, he seemed like a bump on a log. He just doesn't show the intensity or passion I see from the other players.

Last edited by shipwreck: 11-06-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old
11-06-2011, 04:04 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I agree with ya

Old
11-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Coburn is a solid defenseman, I don't understand the hate. He was never going to be a top pairing guy. To say he's an average number 5 is hilarious.

If you were always expecting a number 1 defenseman out of him, well, that's your problem.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:30 PM
JGalt

By my reckoning Coburn would be at least the 3rd best defenseman on any other team not named Detroit.

JGalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 05:14 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
I agree with him.

He is inconsistent. There isn't much there offensively and he is above average defensively. He would be more dominant if he used his size more consistently. He just isn't an aggressive player. His hockey sense is pretty low. Carle and Coburn are in their last years unless they take their games to another level this year. For what they are being paid being average isn't good enough.
He's not being paid like a #1 defenseman, nor does he play like a bottom pairing one. I'm not saying he's a rock, but i'm also not being dramatic enough to call him a bottom pairing defenseman. (Because that's precisely what was inferred.)

He would be making far many more gaffs as a defenseman playing 20-21 minutes per night if he was simply your "average" bottom pairing defenseman.

Old
11-06-2011, 05:20 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
St. Louis would be high to offer this.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 05:26 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't have the energy to argue this, but you're wrong. I know, horrible argument, but I really think this is glaringly obvious. His game isn't rounded i'll give you that, but that's going way too far. He'd be a welcome #3 and definitely #4 on quite a few teams in the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
I agree with him.

Quote:
A couple of games back, everyone I saw coburn, he seemed like a bump on a log. He just doesn't show the intensity or passion I see from the other players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Coburn is a solid defenseman, I don't understand the hate. He was never going to be a top pairing guy. To say he's an average number 5 is hilarious.

If you were always expecting a number 1 defenseman out of him, well, that's your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGalt View Post
By my reckoning Coburn would be at least the 3rd best defenseman on any other team not named Detroit.
Quote:
He's not being paid like a #1 defenseman, nor does he play like a bottom pairing one. I'm not saying he's a rock, but i'm also not being dramatic enough to call him a bottom pairing defenseman. (Because that's precisely what was inferred.)

He would be making far many more gaffs as a defenseman playing 20-21 minutes per night if he was simply your "average" bottom pairing defenseman.

Awww yeah, this is gunna get good

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote