HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huselius injured - to miss 4-6 months

Old
07-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Shake View Post
Not sure what I'm going to miss more- the sound Ping makes when he rattles one off the crossbar OR his one hit per season
Ok, I know it's popular to bust on Huse, but he actually had TWICE as many hits as you have credited him here.

Derby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmys7 View Post
I agree with you completely. I bet Howson goes for the cheap quick fix. If he does a name I have not seen here is J.P Dumont. He totally crapped his pants last year, but he's scored 20+ goals six times and will come cheap. He is also right handed, which would be ideal due to our glut of lefthanded wings and centers.

I personally would not want Dumont, would prefer Vinnie or trade, but I don't know what kind of trade we could pull off without creating another problem.
I just looked three different places and each one lists JPD as a lefty. Not trying to rain on your parade, because I was intrigued by the RHS as well. Alas, he's not it.

Samsonov, however, is a RHS - of the guys mentioned that I can remember off the top of my head. Well, and Nikki Z.

Old
07-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

I'll be on the JWills bandwagon if anybody's looking for me. I really liked that dude.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Jimmys7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
I just looked three different places and each one lists JPD as a lefty. Not trying to rain on your parade, because I was intrigued by the RHS as well. Alas, he's not it.

Samsonov, however, is a RHS - of the guys mentioned that I can remember off the top of my head. Well, and Nikki Z.

You are correct, he is a lefty.

I often wonder why we have neglected to notice what side of the ice people like to play on in the past. It really makes a huge difference to both forwards and defense.

Jimmys7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Dumont has been consistently deteriorating for a while now, and Nashville plays a system that's closer to Arniel's than folks might realize. I don't think he'd do very well.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Jimmys7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Dumont has been consistently deteriorating for a while now, and Nashville plays a system that's closer to Arniel's than folks might realize. I don't think he'd do very well.
Again I want to point out that in no way am I supporting the signing of Dumont, but is this what you call "consistently deteriorating?"

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8464957

Jimmys7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmys7 View Post
Again I want to point out that in no way am I supporting the signing of Dumont, but is this what you call "consistently deteriorating?"

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8464957
I'm leaning more towards "having actually watched him play regularly for the last two and a half years" than the statsheet, personally. The statsheet lies in that his play last year wasn't nearly as bad; Trotz just got fed up with his inability to keep up and started throwing him on the fourth line.

That said, he is not a top-6 fill-in guy anymore.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
I'm leaning more towards "having actually watched him play regularly for the last two and a half years" than the statsheet, personally. The statsheet lies in that his play last year wasn't nearly as bad; Trotz just got fed up with his inability to keep up and started throwing him on the fourth line.

Forget Dumont, the answer is Sergei Samsonov.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 05:18 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

I know Nash had issues with Zherdev, but I can't help but wonder if they've both matured since.

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 05:24 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
I know Nash had issues with Zherdev, but I can't help but wonder if they've both matured since.
Well, chances are that one of them has. From what I saw of Nikki with the Flyers and what I've read from most of their (and Rags) fans, not much has changed with him. If there had, he wouldn't be available now.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 05:39 PM
TSA0402

I'd rather have Calvert in the top six than Samsonov. Find his game to be quite unpredictable.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

I think Sammy would be the best bet, 2 years @ 6 million total

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Matt

You guys are forgetting Cam Atkinson. When he makes the team I hope they let him have his favorite number 13 instead of 38

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:42 PM
JrussJacket

Quote:

If you take a look at all the players the are left as FA, Id guess none of them are true top 6 forwards anymore.

If were looking for a true top 6 forward then thats gonna have to come via trade. Otherwise GMSH is gonna be stuck using a stop gap tweener. I think we would be ok with either signing a guy like Dumont or just going with what we have. I think some of the guys that have signed 2 way deals could be shuffled into the line up.

JrussJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Nikolai Zherdev and Jason Williams to fill in a spot on our top 6? Man, you guys are getting desperate.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 07:17 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernmorris View Post
Put me in the Wolski camp. Anyone know if the NYR are planning to buy him out?

Check him out:

We have been terrible at the shoot-out for long enough. Time to fix it. Besides, he's only 25...he's just coming into his own. He could potentially be a long term replacement for Huselius.

Edit: Ok, how the eff do you post a You-Tube link?? : )
Here is the direct link: http://youtu.be/7OmbtXqEwPs
Do Want...oh my God, Do Want.

We want Wolski! (Ve Vant Volski?)

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Do Want...oh my God, Do Want.

We want Wolski! (Ve Vant Volski?)
Those were some pretty sweet moves. I'm sure it's been posted here somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look for it. Why is NY (potentially) buying him out? Salary? Performance? Attitude? Any or all of the above?

Old
07-14-2011, 07:33 PM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Those were some pretty sweet moves. I'm sure it's been posted here somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look for it. Why is NY (potentially) buying him out? Salary? Performance? Attitude? Any or all of the above?
Looks like he is due to make $3.8M next year. You can read about the speculation here: http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2011/...-wolski-buyout

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
fox2usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 07:39 PM
hip check
Go North.

Quote:
Yes basically. He is a soft player, doesn't like to get into rough areas of the ice. Supposedly give off a 'not try' attitude, but you know how rumors are when fans speculate what happens off the ice. He makes near 4 mil but hasn't put up 4 mil worth of points for the Rangers. Funny situation, if he stay w NY he'll be on the first line. But he is just as likely to being bought out.

hip check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox2usp View Post
Looks like he is due to make $3.8M next year. You can read about the speculation here: http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2011/...-wolski-buyout
Quote:
Originally Posted by hip check View Post
Yes basically. He is a soft player, doesn't like to get into rough areas of the ice. Supposedly give off a 'not try' attitude, but you know how rumors are when fans speculate what happens off the ice. He makes near 4 mil but hasn't put up 4 mil worth of points for the Rangers. Funny situation, if he stay w NY he'll be on the first line. But he is just as likely to being bought out.
Awesome possum. I'm still on the JWilly train. I don't know what it is, I just have a feeling about him coming back and doing great things for us.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Old
07-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Pigs On The Wing

Quote:
He's the epitome of useless when he isn't scoring and he's simply overpaid.

Pigs On The Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:21 PM
ernmorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
He's the epitome of useless when he isn't scoring and he's simply overpaid.
How many more points would we have had over the last 2 or 3 years if we could just get a dang shootout win? Heck, I would take him for that alone. Not to mention, he's only 25 and he's good for 15+ goals per season. I like his potential upside.

And keep in mind we're replacing Huselius here...he's not exactly known for his hitting!

I wouldn't be disappointed with Jason Williams either. Not sure why, but I like him.

ernmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:44 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Wolski or PRospal pleaaase.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 09:09 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

I liked Willy and hoped they'd bring him back after 2008-09, especially after he said he would have liked to have come back to Columbus.

That Umberger-Vermette-Williams line (if I remember it right) was pretty damn deadly down the stretch that season, too.

Hey, while we're at it, let's get Wolski AND Williams. We'd have at least two weapons in the shootout.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 09:48 PM
SephF
[b][/b]

I know there's no viable trade and I wouldn't want to get rid of him anyways, if it was my choice Oilers would re-sign him long term but could you imagine

Nash-Carter-Hemsky

that would be DISGUSTING. Carter and Nash are pretty much the exact line mates Hemsky needs, a shoot first right handed center and a big power forward.

God damn that would be fun to watch.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote