HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CBJ need a Top Six Winger

Old
07-13-2011, 11:50 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyMy57 View Post
I havent been here very long, but based on what I've seen that guy post, he's simply an idiot. He wants us to deal Leopold even though he was a major reason Regher agreed to waive his NTC. Now he thinks Boyes + 2nd for Brassard is a good deal, then says Boyes > Brassard. if that's the case why are you adding a 2nd for Brassard?
Geez come on, he was just joking. It was a play on the scene in Mos Isely in Star Wars. "These aren't the droids you're looking for. He can go about his business. Move along..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyMy57 View Post
I think Boyes for a 2nd is a great deal for both sides. Boyes played real well in Buffalo when on the wing, and his game only declined when we were forced to move him to center. I have no problem with Boyes staying in Buffalo though because I think putting him back on the wing will return his to the way he was before the injuries up the middle. But with him 4 million cap hit, and the Sabres up against it right now because of increased FA spending, he's probably on the block.
I can't see Columbus sending anything more than a 3rd round pick or a mid-level prospect for Boyes.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 11:53 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontonoil View Post
Fair enough, would a pick change that?
Not unless it's a really good pick. Columbus would likely need to send a salary dump back for Gagner too. The problem is, the cap dump was Huselius. There aren't any bad contracts left.

I'm curious, why are you so insistent on Savard?

Old
07-14-2011, 12:06 AM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Geez come on, he was just joking. It was a play on the scene in Mos Isely in Star Wars. "These aren't the droids you're looking for. He can go about his business. Move along..."

I can't see Columbus sending anything more than a 3rd round pick or a mid-level prospect for Boyes.
Well I feel stupid. I guess I should learn Star Wars

I don't think we'd deal him for anything less than what we have into him. Worst comes to worst he puts up a meh year, we let him become a UFA and use the money coming off the books to give Tyler his much deserved raise.

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Edmontonoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Not unless it's a really good pick. Columbus would likely need to send a salary dump back for Gagner too. The problem is, the cap dump was Huselius. There aren't any bad contracts left.

I'm curious, why are you so insistent on Savard?
I see a very high potential in him! He has size, he can play extremely will in all three parts of the ice! Pp, pk and 5 on 5! I really see him as a strong seccond pairing dman!

Edmontonoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:11 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontonoil View Post
I see a very high potential in him! He has size, he can play extremely will in all three parts of the ice! Pp, pk and 5 on 5! I really see him as a strong seccond pairing dman!
FWIW, I think Gagner has more trade value than Savard, but Columbus is not likely to trade him for a forward of any kind unless it was a ridiculous overpayment.

I think an NHL roster player, especially a young one on an Entry Level Contract is more valuable than a solid prospect. Mind you, I don't mean more valuable than RNH or Johansen, but more valuable than a Savard or an Omark.

Old
07-14-2011, 12:12 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
To all Edmonton fans. If your going to offer Hemsky. Johansen is still not available.
Well then what would you give up for Hemsky?

07-14-2011, 12:21 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Will he be re-signed to a cap friendly contract? That makes a huge difference.

I honestly expect the CBJ to shop the UFA bargain bin. The roster is pretty thin on extras.

Old
07-14-2011, 12:36 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

If he's only needed for a month or two just sign Drury, Prospal, Kovalev, or...Zherdev.

*ducks*

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:43 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Not alot. He's a UFA after this year. Id give picks/prospects not named Johansen.

CBJWennberg41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:52 AM
jukon
#Nailedit

Quote:
Not alot. He's a UFA after this year. Id give picks/prospects not named Johansen.
Hemsky isn't going anywhere (cheap).

jukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:58 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukon View Post
Hemsky isn't going anywhere (cheap).
I don't expect him to. He loves Edmonton, and Tambi isn't an idiot. He's a great mentor for the kids for them.

CBJWennberg41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:00 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Perhaps something along the lines of...

-CBJ sends its 2012 First Round Pick
-If he re-signs, CBJ also sends their 2013 First Round Pick
-If he does not re-sign, EDM sends their 2013 Third Round Pick (but keep the 2012 First)

07-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Perhaps something along the lines of...

-CBJ sends its 2012 First Round Pick
-If he re-signs, CBJ also sends their 2013 First Round Pick
-If he does not re-sign, EDM sends their 2013 Third Round Pick (but keep the 2012 First)
I wouldn't do that unless I knew where the 1st was and was reasonably sure Hemsky wouldn't get injured. Too many variables.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 04:31 AM
phlocky

Word in Philly is that Hartnell is on his way out. He'd DEFINITELY fit that bill plus he played as Carters winger for a couple of years now.

Something like one of your top 3 defensive prospects (Golo, Savargd or Moore) and a 1st for Hartnell and a 2nd seems about fair to me. What do you think.

phlocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 05:09 AM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Word in Philly is that Hartnell is on his way out. He'd DEFINITELY fit that bill plus he played as Carters winger for a couple of years now.

Something like one of your top 3 defensive prospects (Golo, Savargd or Moore) and a 1st for Hartnell and a 2nd seems about fair to me. What do you think.
You're kidding right? You want all that for this guy?

http://youtu.be/

I just don't see him being worth all that.

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 05:31 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Wojtek Wolski, Eric Christensen and NYR 2012 5th rounder for prospects Nick Logan, Allen York and Columbus 2012 3rd and 6th rounders?
Fair???

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:37 AM
static80

Buffalo would be the best trading partners for Columbus in this instance.
Depending on which player at RW would be in the deal from Buffalo's perspective you could go a 2nd rounder (for Boyes), a 1st rounder (for Pominville) or a 1st and 2nd rounder (for Stafford).
This obviously from a Sabres fan point of view, but I'm in a better position to gauge the worth of our own players in situations such as this considering Buffalo is gearing up for a Cup run in the next 3 seasons while CBJ is still putting the pieces together for their run in a 2 to 4 season goal I would think.

Stafford is the natural fit here in my opinion, and he comes at a reasonable 4 mil a season.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 07:44 AM
lifeisruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
Buffalo would be the best trading partners for Columbus in this instance.
Depending on which player at RW would be in the deal from Buffalo's perspective you could go a 2nd rounder (for Boyes), a 1st rounder (for Pominville) or a 1st and 2nd rounder (for Stafford).
This obviously from a Sabres fan point of view, but I'm in a better position to gauge the worth of our own players in situations such as this considering Buffalo is gearing up for a Cup run in the next 3 seasons while CBJ is still putting the pieces together for their run in a 2 to 4 season goal I would think.

Stafford is the natural fit here in my opinion, and he comes at a reasonable 4 mil a season.
There is absoutely no chance Stafford gets traded for picks. The only way Stafford is going to Columbus is if Brassard+ or Umberger+ are coming back towards Buffalo.

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:12 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Howson will sign a UFA to a one-year deal. He's not going to move high draft picks or guys currently playing in the top 6 in order to replace the team's fourth scorer.

He'll get a band-aid like Prospal or Samsonov or Dumont and cross his fingers that between that guy and young guys like Calvert, Atkinson and Johanson that he may be able to make up for Juice.

If a trade does go down, I suspect it would be a dump situation -- something like a mid-round pick for Nicklas Hagman, as was suggested earlier (though I'm still skeptical the CBJ would eat his contract for one year when they surely can sign a UFA for less...)

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:13 AM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisruff View Post
There is absoutely no chance Stafford gets traded for picks. The only way Stafford is going to Columbus is if Brassard+ or Umberger+ are coming back towards Buffalo.
This is of course, your opinion. I have seen no facts to state that Buffalo would not trade Stafford if the deal was a good fit, including picks.
I would venture to say that Buffalo would jump on a 1stt and 2nd rounder offer given the over abundance of wing talent on the current roster combined with the potential to keep the club in a viably competitive atmosphere with additional early round picks.
Especailly given Pegula's stated goals of a Cup Run within 3 seasons as well as long term goals of the club.

Merely my opinion mind you, nothing to go off of but the statements made by Pegula and his team. Draft picks are of course, not the help needed immediately, but then again, I don't see the Sabres bringing in an additional roster player given their comments they are satisfied with what they have going into this season after the moves prior to and at the deadline with the additions of Regehr, Ehrhoff and Leino.

We are obviously not going to get all of the components for a Cup run in one off season, but we made the blueline significantly better, and given the young depth of pipeline talent ready to step in when Leopold's and Regehr's deals are up, I can see an additional 1st and 2nd rounder as potential contributors in 3 to 4 years as forwards, merely speculative however, on my part.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:15 AM
zombi
I D D Q D

Detroit:

Umberger

Columbus:

Hudler
Emmerton
2nd Rounder 2010

Get'er done!

zombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombi View Post
Detroit:

Umberger

Columbus:

Hudler
Emmerton
2nd Rounder 2010

Get'er done!
Funny. CBJ needs a top six winger so they trade a top six winger?

Howson will most likely sign a budget-friendly vet along the lines of the dozen or so players already named.

Old
07-14-2011, 08:21 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
Howson will sign a UFA to a one-year deal. He's not going to move high draft picks or guys currently playing in the top 6 in order to replace the team's fourth scorer.

He'll get a band-aid like Prospal or Samsonov or Dumont and cross his fingers that between that guy and young guys like Calvert, Atkinson and Johanson that he may be able to make up for Juice.

If a trade does go down, I suspect it would be a dump situation -- something like a mid-round pick for Nicklas Hagman, as was suggested earlier (though I'm still skeptical the CBJ would eat his contract for one year when they surely can sign a UFA for less...)
Howson should get a couple of band-aids instead of possibly playing Calvert, Atkinson or Johansen higher in the lineup, they're not ready. This is the poor decision that the Jackets seem to make with their young players and it always backfires. It would be refreshing to have a couple of veterans to fill out the roster so that when Huselius comes back, the Jackets would be able to make a decent playoff push. Howson might have to spend his way through this situation.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:24 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
BJs can have Hagman for a case of Sleeman's, a fifth of Canadian Club, and a pack of Canadian Classics king size.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:29 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster View Post
BJs can have Hagman for a case of Sleeman's, a fifth of Canadian Club, and a pack of Canadian Classics king size.
Take out the Canadian Classics and you have a deal!