HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Your total shot in the dark predictions for next season.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2011, 08:46 AM
  #51
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Shot in the dark predictions huh? If I fired a shot in the dark I'd just hope to hell it hit either Shelley or Leighton. Best case scenario it goes single bullet theory off of Leighton's knee and into the thigh of Shelley.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:51 AM
  #52
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
-Briere is going to have a significant injury (20+ games)
-We squeeze into 6-8th place in the conference
-Our PK will be far worse
-Our PP will improve slightly
-Bobrovsky will be frustrated in his new role, voice it to media
-Bryzgalov is going to be frustrated with the eventual bad media attention
-Jagr finishes with 50-60 points, and will have issues with Laviolette
-Pronger will play less than 55 games
-We will be rather cold/lukewarm to start the season
-Brayden Schenn will be inconsistent, with flashes of brilliance to lacklustre (not so shot in the dark, and if he plays)
How? Charades maybe?

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:59 AM
  #53
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,112
vCash: 300
Stanley Cup champions

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 09:40 AM
  #54
Terence Peterman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
How? Charades maybe?
This would be funny if it wasn't a bad joke.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:12 AM
  #55
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 500
6 or 7th seed in the playoffs. Will struggle in the 1st half to gel unless the chemistry is real good and can learn Lavy's system quick and Pronger is not out too long. They will probably be a more consistent team as far as effort in the first half and Bryzgalov will give them a chance to win most every night but most of their losses will be due to lack of offensive production. They should win enough games though and be slightly better than .500

Second half is when they kick it in..maybe add and subtract some pieces at the trade deadline (if they keep some cap space) and then have a decent run going into the playoffs...could go to the Conf finals but may bow out in a 7 game series in the 2nd round. I'm hoping for the Conf finals...then in a couple more years as their players develop they will be legit cup contenders but depends how they replace Pronger (will play less and less) and Timonen (retire). I suspect next offseason they get a big time FA D man....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:58 AM
  #56
decadentia
Registered User
 
decadentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
How? Charades maybe?
Smoke signals.

Or...you know, the Russian media.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:14 AM
  #57
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
rick nash will win the rocket richard.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:18 AM
  #58
Flyers1974
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Hate to blow anybodies bubble but going from 0 shutouts to 1 shutout is not a 100%
increase but undefined 1/0; going from 1 shutout to shutouts to 2 shutouts is 100%
2/1. But it would be nice to be defined by an undefine-able!

Prediction: 1st game: Hartnell at the 5 minute mark takes a lazy penalty, Chara on
the powerplay blasts one past Brzy. Jagr at the 10 minute mark makes a lazy pass
to Briere, Bergeron intercepts and blows by a flat footed Pronger, dekes left, dekes
right, and turns Brzy into a pretzel, easy open net goal. At the 15 minute mark Voracek
makes a nice pass to Giroux who sees a streaking JvR on the left side, JvR is stoned
by Thomas, JvR just shaking his head. Intermission: Pronger yells at Hartnell for being
stupid and then he yells at Jagr for being lazy. Jagr sulks in a corner sneering at Pronger.
The Bob and Brzy talking in Russian ( fly on the wall translates); which is better
Pronger, lockerroom, KGB, cellar. Brzy says, KGB,cellar....they both start laughing
loudly. Pronger looks at them and says what wrong with you guys. Both stare at
the floor. Flyers lose 5-1 with the only bright spot being Nodl scores the lone Flyers
goal off the back of a defenseman.

Last Game: Flyers 9-0

JvR has the hat trick
Jagr pots two
Schenn pots one and wrecks havoc in both the offensive and defensive zones.

Lockerroom after the game: Pronger talking to the media as they clinched first place
in the division and conference, "it was a team effort", " we meshed together at the
right time", "it is a long season", " the coach gave us the right approach to win games"
The Bob and Brzy speaking in Russian ( again the fly on the way translates), who makes
truth lies and lies truth, KGB or Pronger, "Both!". The Bob and Brzy start laughing
loudly. Pronger stares at them. The Bob and Brzy yell out "Stalin lives!". They start
laughing hysterically........

Flyers1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:19 AM
  #59
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Pronger battles back issues throughout the season, visits a back specialist at the season's end, and retires.

Jagr revitalizes our powerplay and makes it top 5 in the league.

Couturier makes the team and scores 15 goals.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:36 AM
  #60
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
JXC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Flyers make it to the conference finals as a 6th seed, losing in 7 games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
came in to post this same exact thing.
Moi aussi.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:40 AM
  #61
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,746
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers1974 View Post
Hate to blow anybodies bubble but going from 0 shutouts to 1 shutout is not a 100%
increase but undefined 1/0; going from 1 shutout to shutouts to 2 shutouts is 100%
2/1. But it would be nice to be defined by an undefine-able!

Prediction: 1st game: Hartnell at the 5 minute mark takes a lazy penalty, Chara on
the powerplay blasts one past Brzy. Jagr at the 10 minute mark makes a lazy pass
to Briere, Bergeron intercepts and blows by a flat footed Pronger, dekes left, dekes
right, and turns Brzy into a pretzel, easy open net goal. At the 15 minute mark Voracek
makes a nice pass to Giroux who sees a streaking JvR on the left side, JvR is stoned
by Thomas, JvR just shaking his head. Intermission: Pronger yells at Hartnell for being
stupid and then he yells at Jagr for being lazy. Jagr sulks in a corner sneering at Pronger.
The Bob and Brzy talking in Russian ( fly on the wall translates); which is better
Pronger, lockerroom, KGB, cellar. Brzy says, KGB,cellar....they both start laughing
loudly. Pronger looks at them and says what wrong with you guys. Both stare at
the floor. Flyers lose 5-1 with the only bright spot being Nodl scores the lone Flyers
goal off the back of a defenseman.

Last Game: Flyers 9-0

JvR has the hat trick
Jagr pots two
Schenn pots one and wrecks havoc in both the offensive and defensive zones.

Lockerroom after the game: Pronger talking to the media as they clinched first place
in the division and conference, "it was a team effort", " we meshed together at the
right time", "it is a long season", " the coach gave us the right approach to win games"
The Bob and Brzy speaking in Russian ( again the fly on the way translates), who makes
truth lies and lies truth, KGB or Pronger, "Both!". The Bob and Brzy start laughing
loudly. Pronger stares at them. The Bob and Brzy yell out "Stalin lives!". They start
laughing hysterically........
This definitely wins as the most specific prediction thus far.

I think I might see if I can make this into a sort of time capsule. When the first game starts I'm going to deactivate it, and then re-open it right after the season or playoffs ends, depending on which is the end for us.

Thoughts?

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:28 PM
  #62
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Pronger battles back issues throughout the season, visits a back specialist at the season's end, and retires.

Jagr revitalizes our powerplay and makes it top 5 in the league.

Couturier makes the team and scores 15 goals.
honestly i dont even know which of those who i'd be more pumped for...

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:33 PM
  #63
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 50
Giroux is PPG, JVR is close.

Bryzgalov will rule despite Pronger missing most of the season.

We trade picks and salary to acquitre a major piece at the deadline.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:47 PM
  #64
Larry44
FlyersTankNation
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
People freak out and lose their **** when Couturier does not make the team out of camp and immediately start calling him a bust,
only to go insane when he leads Team Canada to gold at the WJC and is named to the tourney allstar game.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:48 PM
  #65
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,228
vCash: 539
I said this before.... and i really believe this is gonna happen.


Lindros comes back for the alumni game at CBP. Clarke and him mend fences, and we welcome back the prodigal son.

But little did we know that for the past 4years Lindros has been training Draco style. Massive amounts of Roids, HGH, Insulin, IGF-1. U name it he is taken it.

So he crushes the rangers in the alumni game. Holmgren signs him to a deal. Puts him on a line with Jagr. Now guess who starts to get interested in a comeback? Yup, u guessed it. Forsberg. So now we have a line of Jagr, Lindros, forsberg, mind you all are roiding up big time. And they pretty much lead us to the promise land....somehow we get hextall on the roster too but i forget how that happens.


Last edited by Jtown: 07-14-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:34 PM
  #66
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I said this before.... and i really believe this is gonna happen.


Lindros comes back for the alumni game at CBP. Clarke and him mend fences, and we welcome back the prodigal son.

But little did we know that for the past 4years Lindros has been training Draco style. Massive amounts of Roids, HGH, Insulin, IGF-1. U name it he is taken it.

So he crushes the rangers in the alumni game. Holmgren signs him to a deal. Puts him on a line with Jagr. Now guess who starts to get interested in a comeback? Yup, u guessed it. Forsberg. So now we have a line of Jagr, Lindros, forsberg, mind you all are roiding up big time. And they pretty much lead us to the promise land....somehow we get hextall on the roster too but i forget how that happens.
When it was rumored we were interested in Jagr I was going to put this as our 3rd line in the roster thread haha.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 02:24 PM
  #67
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,228
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
When it was rumored we were interested in Jagr I was going to put this as our 3rd line in the roster thread haha.
Make it official cause its happening! flash back 2011? More like 2001, Syke more like 1991

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 02:58 PM
  #68
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
(6) 20 goal scorers: Hartnell, Briere, Jagr, JVR, Giroux, Voracek (Simmonds at 18 or 19.)

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 03:01 PM
  #69
ugiswrong
Registered User
 
ugiswrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: deutschland
Country: United States
Posts: 784
vCash: 500
Flyers as an 8 seed upset the Caps in the 1st round, MVP of the series being Jagr

ugiswrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 03:42 PM
  #70
PhillyCurt12
Registered User
 
PhillyCurt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
our boy(s) oscar(s) bartulis takes both spots on the third pairing.

our PK struggles so we trade a 2nd for powe

jagr sets a franchise record for OT goals

bryz stones ovechkin on 3 absurd chances in a row and asks him in russian, "why ya heff to be mad?" (Почему вы должны быть сумасшедшим?)

giroux and briere adopt a little ethnic baby from a country we've never heard of

gagne and richards have a solid year statistically on their way to a cup

carter purchases a tanning booth for his place in columbus

leino is quoted as saying "holy ****, i signed in buffalo? it sucks here. oh wait, what did you say i'm making per year? god i love buffalo"

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 04:52 PM
  #71
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyCurt12 View Post
our boy(s) oscar(s) bartulis takes both spots on the third pairing.

our PK struggles so we trade a 2nd for powe

jagr sets a franchise record for OT goals

bryz stones ovechkin on 3 absurd chances in a row and asks him in russian, "why ya heff to be mad?" (Почему вы должны быть сумасшедшим?) ROFL

giroux and briere adopt a little ethnic baby from a country we've never heard of Why would they adopt? Giroux could just pork Hartnell's wife (everyone else on the team has) and create a super hockey baby

gagne and richards have a solid year statistically on their way to a cup

carter purchases a tanning booth for his place in columbus LOL

leino is quoted as saying "holy ****, i signed in buffalo? it sucks here. oh wait, what did you say i'm making per year? god i love buffalo"
Well done

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 05:06 PM
  #72
turkinaa
Registered User
 
turkinaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Everyone will have a good time or everyone will not have a good time.

On a side note I would like to see Brzy break Boucher's SO record.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 07:25 PM
  #73
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake
 
Ironmanrulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Bryz: 36 wins/ 92,1% 2,4gaa
Bob: 5 wins 92,0% 2,2gaa

Betts: 10p -10
Briere: 30g 70p -5
Giroux: 32g 100p +10
Hartnell: 20g 50p -3
Holmstrom: 12games 0p -3
Jagr: 30g 90p +5
Laperierre: Career ending
Nödl: 6g 21P -3
Schenn: 8g 30P -5
Shelley: 2P -10
Simmonds: 40P +3
Talbot:20P -3
Voracek: 25g 70P +5
Wellwood: 15games 2P -2
JVR: 28g 60P +10
Sestito: 12P -5
Zac Rinaldo: 5Games 0P -3
___________________________________

Bartulis: 20games 3P -8
Carle: 50P +10
Coburn: 20P +3
Gustafsson: 35Games 8P -3
Lilja: 50Games 2P -7
Meszaros: 12G 45P +6
Pronger: 50Games 20P +8
Timonen: 30P +5
Walker: 20Games 2P -5

Maybe trading for another Dman for Walker or Bartulis at deadline or before.


IMO we will starting slow, because all the new Player must build chemistry with each other. Pronger needs a lot of time to recover. All in Philadelphia slowly needs to understand that their is no Carter who shoots the puck over the glass, so they can shoot in the net ;D

After the slow start we finished 2nd in Division and 6th in Conference. Than we loose early in the play offs.

Thats the most positive szenario i can think off.


Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:38 PM
  #74
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
We finish with the 2nd overall pick again!!!

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:47 PM
  #75
DickTony
Registered User
 
DickTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I said this before.... and i really believe this is gonna happen.


Lindros comes back for the alumni game at CBP. Clarke and him mend fences, and we welcome back the prodigal son.

But little did we know that for the past 4years Lindros has been training Draco style. Massive amounts of Roids, HGH, Insulin, IGF-1. U name it he is taken it.

So he crushes the rangers in the alumni game. Holmgren signs him to a deal. Puts him on a line with Jagr. Now guess who starts to get interested in a comeback? Yup, u guessed it. Forsberg. So now we have a line of Jagr, Lindros, forsberg, mind you all are roiding up big time. And they pretty much lead us to the promise land....somehow we get hextall on the roster too but i forget how that happens.
Tell me more!

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.