HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Will there?

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2004, 12:08 PM
hillbilly

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Will there?

still be a training camp if there is a lockout. I know the NHL players wouldn't be there, but prospects could still attend, I think

Old
08-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
still be a training camp if there is a lockout. I know the NHL players wouldn't be there, but prospects could still attend, I think
pretty much everyone on Milwaukee will be there for this training camp...Jordin will not be there.

Players like Upshall, Shishkanov, Radulov, Miedl, Weber, Klein and Finley, etc, etc, etc...will be there

Old
08-01-2004, 04:37 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
pretty much everyone on Milwaukee will be there for this training camp...Jordin will not be there.

Players like Upshall, Shishkanov, Radulov, Miedl, Weber, Klein and Finley, etc, etc, etc...will be there
which leads to another question will there be pre-season games?

Old
08-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
not nhl

Old
08-01-2004, 05:21 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

there'll be NHL games in the preseason because there'll be a new CBA, late on sept. 14th.

mark my words, laddies.

Old
08-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
there'll be NHL games in the preseason because there'll be a new CBA, late on sept. 14th.

mark my words, laddies.
I think your right. The NHL is already so bad finacially, that they cannot afford to have any type of lengthy lockout, if even a lockout at all...

08-02-2004, 09:48 AM
Moneil18

I would think that if there were a lockout that the Preds would send Tootoo to Milwaukee if at all possible. Let him work on his offensive game. We all know he can hit and be a major pain inthe butt,but he also did a load of scoring in juniors. I for one would like to see if they can help him develope that side of his game a little more.

I was thinking he had not played enough games inthe NHL that he would have to clear waivers to go down to the AHL.

Old
08-02-2004, 11:14 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Moneil, he would not have to pass waivers to be sent to Milwaukee. However, I do think the NHL passed a measure that players who have played X amount of games cannot be sent to the AHL if there is a lockout. I think Tootoo is over that limit and thus cannot be sent down if there is a lockout. But he can be sent down if there isn't one.

Old
08-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Moneil18

Thanks Smokey.

Hopefully it won't be an issue and the NHL will start without much of a delay. I'd just like to see Jordin get to work on the other aspects of his game. I think he can be much more than just an agitator if he's given the chance

Old
08-02-2004, 02:47 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Smokey is right...only players who played less than X amount of games in the NHL last year are eligible for the AHL if there is a lockout. I am not sure what that number is, though.

Old
08-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Pattypred

I heard 50 games had to be played at the AHL level. I also heard that some of the Penguins' rookies were sent back down to help out in their Calder Cup run and they thought they'd be able to play in the AHL next year but due to the rules ..... they got screwed.

Closed Thread