HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

S. Weber to Edm

Old
07-14-2011, 07:12 AM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Edmonton would have to start with Hall, add a D-man to replace Weber, and then add a 1st.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 07:33 AM
tony d
The man

Won't happen, Weber's to valuable to Nashville for them to trade him for anything Edmonton would feel comfortable in trading.

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Frank Drebin
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
So you don't consider Brian Lawton, Gord Kluzak, Doug Wickenheiser, Greg Joly, Michel Plasse, Rick Pagnutti, Andre Veilleux, or Claude Gauthier to be 1st overall busts either?
these days....

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Fastasaurus

Nashville has some top end defensive prospects. EDM would not have to add any of their garbage dmen (whitney is acceptable but hes the exception). Nashville needs some forwards that are defensively responsible but can light the lamp. Start with Hall, Eberle, Add a first or Paajarvi. Maybe if EDM had a monster like Weber (or any D-man who actually played D) they wouldnt have finished 28th in Goals against per game.

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:32 AM
zeus3007*

As an Oiler fan, I apologize for these Weber proposals.

Also as an Oiler fan, you can't have Hall.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:33 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Stay tuned. Hall looks like the real deal but RNH definately looks like he's in that area.
If you think RNH might bust, you obviously don't know anything about RNH.

Old
07-14-2011, 10:35 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbardown11 View Post
thats right. oopsie. well kidnapping is their only shot then
Aren't arbitration deals only for one year? Wait until next year and get him.

Old
07-14-2011, 10:35 AM
GDU

if weber signs for a year he'll be a ufa next year, the oilers/28 other teams wont have to give up anything to sign him...

unless he agrees to a longterm deal nashville would be very wise to trade him this summer, they probably wont and they'll probably lose him for nothing...

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:53 AM
SaskOil*
u mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulReaper View Post
Insert Hall and take out Hemsky and it looks much fair.
You forgot the

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Eberle
4-93-14

Send a message via MSN to Eberle
If Shea Weber ever gets traded, its because Nashville does not believe he will be in their organization long term otherwise. If he is being shopped, the teams will know this, and his value will plummet.

Plummeting from the moon still nets a pretty decent return, but it will not involve the likes of Hall, Eberle or RNH nor the Oilers first rounder in 2012. If any of the young guns are involved, it will be PRV. I could see Hemsky involved as well. Obviously a pick or two. I don't want to make an actual proposal, but that would be the framework.

The fact of the matter is, if Weber is traded, it will be an underpayment, not an overpayment because no team will overpay enough to pry Weber out of NSH if they think he will be in the organization long term.

People never seem to understand that. Look at what Edmonton traded Pronger for. Everybody knew he had to be traded, and we got very little for him (you don't expect a 22 overall pick to turn into a player of Eberle's caliber). Weber would net more than that deal for a few reasons, but the point is there.

Eberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:04 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I can't imagine Nashville listens to any proposal that doesn't include one of Hall or Eberle as a starting point. It'd be a nice world for Edmonton if they could trade a forward with great potential in Magnus that still isn't part of their little "elite core," but it's not realistic.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:07 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepForTheSin View Post
If Shea Weber ever gets traded, its because Nashville does not believe he will be in their organization long term otherwise. If he is being shopped, the teams will know this, and his value will plummet.

Plummeting from the moon still nets a pretty decent return, but it will not involve the likes of Hall, Eberle or RNH nor the Oilers first rounder in 2012. If any of the young guns are involved, it will be PRV. I could see Hemsky involved as well. Obviously a pick or two. I don't want to make an actual proposal, but that would be the framework.

The fact of the matter is, if Weber is traded, it will be an underpayment, not an overpayment because no team will overpay enough to pry Weber out of NSH if they think he will be in the organization long term.

People never seem to understand that. Look at what Edmonton traded Pronger for. Everybody knew he had to be traded, and we got very little for him (you don't expect a 22 overall pick to turn into a player of Eberle's caliber). Weber would net more than that deal for a few reasons, but the point is there.
Based on the idea of a market-based system, which the NHL is, I don't think you're correct. If Edmonton was bidding against one or two other teams, but I'd imagine that at least 20 others would be looking to have the best offer.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I can't imagine Nashville listens to any proposal that doesn't include one of Hall or Eberle as a starting point. It'd be a nice world for Edmonton if they could trade a forward with great potential in Magnus that still isn't part of their little "elite core," but it's not realistic.
Agreed. But i also cant see Edmonton considering Hall or RNH as trade bait. Judging from what Nashville fans are asking for, Weber would be moved for an offer sheet from a top 10 team, or none at all. Adding him at the cost of multiple young pieces with 1st line/franchise potential or 1st pairing potential is just plugging one hole while opening up many others.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
If you think RNH might bust, you obviously don't know anything about RNH.
No one doubts his offensive prowess its just hes small and im worried aboot when he has to play the likes of Weber, Chara, Lucic, and some filthy players like Burrows, Torres, Lapierre etc

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Eberle
4-93-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Based on the idea of a market-based system, which the NHL is, I don't think you're correct. If Edmonton was bidding against one or two other teams, but I'd imagine that at least 20 others would be looking to have the best offer.
Oh, you're definitely right, but still, the same situation applies to any other team interested. They will all lowball.

I'm not saying Edmonton would get him, but they aren't going to set the rebuild back by even 2-3 years to acquire him if he becomes available. If Edmonton was the ONLY option, we'd offer Colin Fraser and a 7th.

Old
07-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Eberle
4-93-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
No one doubts his offensive prowess its just hes small and im worried aboot when he has to play the likes of Weber, Chara, Lucic, and some filthy players like Burrows, Torres, Lapierre etc
The kid is 18, he hasn't finished filling out yet.

Good luck to those lumbering towers catching him with his head down. I think people will be surprised at how hard it is to hit this kid.

Old
07-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Yep. You're right. You're absolutely right.

Just like Bryan Berard, Patrik Stefan, Rick DiPietro, Chris Phillips, and Alexandre Daigle.
Not sure if serious. Now that you listed the 5 busts should I list the franchise players?

Hall
Tavares
Stamkos
Kane
Crosby
Ovechkin
Nah
Kovulchuk
Lecavlier
Thornton

Thats ignoring other high picks like Duchene, Doughty or Malkin. So nice try but top 2 picks are worth alot, I know flames trade the pick every year but that doesnt make them useless

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:02 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
I have yet to hear this concern from a scout, and I've read a lot of reports. He's too hard to hit.

Old
07-14-2011, 01:12 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Oh he will get hit. Some of the best hitters in the league will zero in and catch him eventually and look out when they do. Nobody can avoid every hit unless they're in the press box.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Cujomi
Show your fury?

I think RNH ++ for Weber could work. Nashville has one of the best young defensive corps in the league, they have Suter, and they have more guys coming up. They can afford to lose Weber (wow that sounds weird) and RNH could be very insulated by the defensive team that Nashville employs. It could allow him to focus solely on his offensive growth. Meanwhile the Oilers have good offensive talent and can afford to give up Hopkins + for a proven superstar at the defensive end.

Hopkins + Eberle + 2nd 2012 for Weber.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:42 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Try Hall and Hopkins.

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:43 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenixM View Post
I think RNH ++ for Weber could work. Nashville has one of the best young defensive corps in the league, they have Suter, and they have more guys coming up. They can afford to lose Weber (wow that sounds weird) and RNH could be very insulated by the defensive team that Nashville employs. It could allow him to focus solely on his offensive growth. Meanwhile the Oilers have good offensive talent and can afford to give up Hopkins + for a proven superstar at the defensive end.

Hopkins + Eberle + 2nd 2012 for Weber.

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Eberle
4-93-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Oh he will get hit. Some of the best hitters in the league will zero in and catch him eventually and look out when they do. Nobody can avoid every hit unless they're in the press box.
Tell that to various other NHLers who play at the same weight that RNH is at.

He'll get hit, but I'd be surprised if he gets demolished short of something incredibly dirty.

Old
07-14-2011, 01:49 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
The biggest criticism of Hall coming into the NHL last year was exactly what you are saying now...that he would get hit hard, injured and blah, blah, blah. He took one really hard hit all year and it didn't phase him. And RNH was way harder to hit in junior than Hall was.

Old
07-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Eberle
4-93-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
The biggest criticism of Hall coming into the NHL last year was exactly what you are saying now...that he would get hit hard, injured and blah, blah, blah. He took one really hard hit all year and it didn't phase him. And RNH was way harder to hit in junior than Hall was.
I want to add to this and ensure it is said that Hall's injury was not from a hit, but from falling awkwardly on his ankle (I believe ankle, it was a lower leg injury) after his fight.