Assistant Coach: Pascal Vincent [3]
Goaltending Coach: Wade Flaherty [2]
Video Coach: Tony Borgford [2]

ST. JOHN'S AHL TEAM COACHING STAFF

Head Coach: Keith McCambridge [4]
Assistant Coach: Mark Morrison [5]

Unconfirmed

Winnipeg Jets Assistant Coach: Mike Keane [6]

Last edited by Winnipeg Jet: 07-22-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:19 AM
White Noise

vCash: 500
Jets -
Noell will be helped with Huddy's experience.

Keane - Interesting - well respected on the Moose by players and was the captain. Has NHL playing experience.

Flaherty - Experienced goal tender and goal coach with Chicago for 3 years, gotta get one from somewhere.

St John's

McCambridge - Like, Moose coach, knows the Jet system or what they're looking for.

Overall, I like it but we'll see. People may be critical due to the AHL factor but consider this. The Canucks had numerous players that were developed by the Moose in this years SC. Getting to the SC isn't that bad is it.

I also think they will be spending a lot of time watching NHL game film in preparation for the games as they come along.

-37-

Last edited by White Noise: 07-14-2011 at 12:26 AM.
White Noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Inflict
Viking

There was no question that the Moose were a better club with Mike Keane in the locker room and on the ice. He has given so much to Winnipeg, I say we should reward him with a job in the Jets organization. I bet he would be a great coach!

Wade Flaherty brings back memories. Perhaps we should also bring back Tyler Moss too . All joking aside, I think Wade will fit nicely in the organization. I would also like to see Rick St. Croix as the goaltendeing coach as he has done a very nice job with Cory Schneider, Eddie Lack, and Drew MacIntyer.

Huddy will bring in some good experience and I do not really have any opinion on the rest of them. It remains to be seen if Noell can be a coach at the NHL level but he did some great things with the Moose in the Playoffs this year.

Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
There was no question that the Moose were a better club with Mike Keane in the locker room and on the ice. He has given so much to Winnipeg, I say we should reward him with a job in the Jets organization. I bet he would be a great coach!

Wade Flaherty brings back memories. Perhaps we should also bring back Tyler Moss too . All joking aside, I think Wade will fit nicely in the organization. I would also like to see Rick St. Croix as the goaltendeing coach as he has done a very nice job with Cory Schneider, Eddie Lack, and Drew MacIntyer.

Huddy will bring in some good experience and I do not really have any opinion on the rest of them. It remains to be seen if Noell can be a coach at the NHL level but he did some great things with the Moose in the Playoffs this year.
We could always have Wade in the NHL, and Rick in the AHL.

Old
07-14-2011, 12:47 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
I don't really know anything about Keane but he sounds quite alright. I'll look him up.

I do like the sounds of Flaherty, he has strong ties with this organization already and the way Chicago has developed Crawford, leads me to believe he'll be a great coach for Pav's.

Also thanks for putting up this thread. Great idea.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:49 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I don't really know anything about Keane but he sounds quite alright. I'll look him up.

I do like the sounds of Flaherty, he has strong ties with this organization already and the way Chicago has developed Crawford, leads me to believe he'll be a great coach for Pav's.

Also thanks for putting up this thread. Great idea.
Thanks, I plan to update the original post as we get more information.

Old
07-14-2011, 12:51 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Although isn't McCambridge officially the new coach of the St. Johns team? I thought it was confirmed.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:53 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Although isn't McCambridge officially the new coach of the St. Johns team? I thought it was confirmed.
They're holding the press conference to introduce him on Thursday. At least, that's what I've read.

Old
07-14-2011, 12:55 AM
White Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Ya, What you said. I didn't quite say it as well as you did.

We can add in that those SC Rings Keaner has will make him fit right in with the rest of the SC Ringers on the team.

-37-

Old
07-14-2011, 01:03 AM
White Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vosie View Post
They're holding the press conference to introduce him on Thursday. At least, that's what I've read.
Media must have got a press release indicating this.

It's still good. What person would be any better for St John's. Noel and McCambridge have a track record of working together and it seems like a good fit. Don't forget Heisinger is in there as well to overlook things

-37-

Old
07-14-2011, 01:23 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Mike Keane would be a solid choice. As a player he was all about determination and effort. Valuable intangibles for teaching young players.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:40 AM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Surprised they didnt hire Rick St. Croix as goalie coach.
Maybe he is moving to St Johns?

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

I'd be happy with Mike Keane as asst. coach. I think he'd do well with the forwards responsibilities. I think he could fit in just as Kirk Muller did in Montreal. Also, he brings with him 3 Stanley Cups (Montreal, Colorado, Dallas), and for me, that is huge. Some of the people in our organization may not be overly experienced at the NHL level, but with Keane and Huddy behind the bench, that's 8 Stanley Cups. Not to mention Huddy was asst. in Edmonton in '06 when they went to game 7 and lost as a player in the finals in 82-83. Keane was a player in Montreal while losing in the finals (1989) and Dallas when they lost in 2000.

All in all, between Huddy and Keane playing/coaching, 8 Cup rings, 12 Cup Final appearances and a combined total of 403 playoff games.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Joe Hallenback

Know Keith from Selkirk went to school with him and played hockey with him

Great guy

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:42 AM
White Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I'd be happy with Mike Keane as asst. coach. I think he'd do well with the forwards responsibilities. I think he could fit in just as Kirk Muller did in Montreal. Also, he brings with him 3 Stanley Cups (Montreal, Colorado, Dallas), and for me, that is huge. Some of the people in our organization may not be overly experienced at the NHL level, but with Keane and Huddy behind the bench, that's 8 Stanley Cups. Not to mention Huddy was asst. in Edmonton in '06 when they went to game 7 and lost as a player in the finals in 82-83. Keane was a player in Montreal while losing in the finals (1989) and Dallas when they lost in 2000.

All in all, between Huddy and Keane playing/coaching, 8 Cup rings, 12 Cup Final appearances and a combined total of 403 playoff games.
I think Keane will do just fine. I don't see a lack of NHL experience as being the big deal it is cracked up to be. Coaching is about managing, training and developing players skills. Some people are better at this even among the NHL coaches.

There are a few players on this team that have SC rings and that's great. I don't know these players but the possiblitly exists that their egos could be a little on the inflated side simply for that reason. Huddy and Keane offset this. I don't think Keane will have any problem at all with the players. Both Keane and Huddy bring credibility to the table. Fans here on this forum can read about Keane and that's fine. The one thing that is missing is the tone of the other players during interviews. You could tell by the tone of their voices that Keane was THEIR Captain. There was no doubt the other players respected him.

This is just an observation that I think is ironic. Jets 1.0 started off in 1972 with the hiring of Bobby Hull from Chicago. We all know the furor that caused. Now we have Jets 2.0 starting with Flaherty and Chevy coming from Chicago and no furor. As Bob Dylan said, "The Times, They are a Changing".

-37-

Last edited by White Noise: 07-14-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old
07-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
I think Keane will do just fine. I don't see a lack of NHL experience as being the big deal it is cracked up to be. Coaching is about managing, training and developing players skills. Some people are better at this even among the NHL coaches.

There are a few players on this team that have SC rings and that's great. I don't know these players but the possiblitly exists that their egos could be a little on the inflated side simply for that reason. Huddy and Keane offset this. I don't think Keane will have any problem at all with the players. Both Keane and Huddy bring credibility to the table. Fans here on this forum can read about Keane and that's fine. The one thing that is missing is the tone of the other players during interviews. You could tell by the tone of their voices that Keane was THEIR Captain. There was no doubt the other players respected him.

This is just an observation that I think is ironic. Jets 1.0 started off in 1972 with the hiring of Bobby Hull from Chicago. We all know the furor that caused. Now we have Jets 2.0 starting with Flaherty and Chevy coming from Chicago and no furor. As Bob Dylan said, "The Times, They are a Changing".

-37-
Hey, we also got Andrew Ladd and Dustin Byfuglien from Chicago, just a year earlier.

Old
07-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Well, it's now official, McCambridge is our AHL coach.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2097122/

Old
07-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vosie View Post
Well, it's now official, McCambridge is our AHL coach.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2097122/
Good for him.

Hope he does a great job getting our prospects ready for the NHL.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 11:45 AM
BrianBoyle
↓ Perfection ↓

vCash: 300
Jets hire Charlie Huddy as asst. coach

Per Dreger.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 11:54 AM
New Jets
Jets fan since '79

Been known for a week now. I guess they are making it official though.

New Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 314
Jets to formally announce staff additions:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...125642478.html

Quote:
The Winnipeg Jets head coach announced Friday three additions to his staff with the hiring of Charlie Huddy as an assistant Coach, Wade Flaherty as the goaltending coach and Tony Borgford as the video coach.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

I've updated the list to reflect the hiring of Pascal Vincent as assistant coach, formerly head coach of the Junior Montreal Canadiens of the QMJHL.

Old
07-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Acesolid
The Illusive Bettman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
I've updated the list to reflect the hiring of Pascal Vincent as assistant coach, formerly head coach of the Junior Montreal Canadiens of the QMJHL.
From someone who follows the LHJMQ, I can tell you that Pascal Vincent is an amazing coach, getting a crapy team (with very little budget, no fans, and that was sold and relocated the very next year) to a division championship and to the quarter-finals of the LHJMQ.

He'll be a great addition to the Jets organisation.

Acesolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Cooperalls
Oiler Fan!!!

I would say the Vincent hiring pretty much eliminates MARK Keane from the Jets then. I wonder if he'd be willing to go to St. John's to get a coaching position.

Cooperalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperalls View Post
I would say the Vincent hiring pretty much eliminates MARK Keane from the Jets then. I wonder if he'd be willing to go to St. John's to get a coaching position.
I'd be down with that. Probably the best thing for him, learning to walk before he can fly, so to speak.