HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky to Carolina

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2011, 03:05 AM
  #1
Brock Anton
Deal with it.
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 12,371
vCash: 500
Ales Hemsky to Carolina

I ask this because he's been the talk of the Canes board for about a month. Plus Hemsky to Carolina makes too much sense, he's the ideal fit for a winger for Staal, and according to this random ass twitter guy named Hardy Soup (lol), we've been hot for Hemsky since the draft, the dude just won't let this one go.

Quote:
********** Hardy Soup
So to clear things up. EDM wants - McBain + 2nd or 3rd forHemsky CAR wants - Boychuk + 2nd for Hemsky Somethings gotta give . . .
1 hour ago
Quote:
********** Hardy Soup
Bryan Allen was mentioned in early July. Tambellini looking in direction of Jamie Mcbain ..along witha 2nd or 3rd rounder next year
1 hour ago
Quote:
********** Hardy Soup
Rutherford still working with Tambellini about Ales. Justin Faulk WILL NOT be involved. Boychuck & 2nd rder still on table
1 hour ago
Totally disregarding those tweets, what would Edmonton want in return for Hemsky from us?

Brock Anton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 03:06 AM
  #2
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Let the Hemsky proposals begin.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 03:24 AM
  #3
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
McBain and a 2nd sounds enticing, but I honestly don't see the Oilers making this deal without a 1st coming along with it.

It's an overpay, but that's the cost for an impending near point-per-game UFA that has expressed some interest in re-signing with the team.

You could probably grab him at the deadline (if no deal seems imminent) for Sutter + a 2nd

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 03:51 AM
  #4
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE
▀████╱█████▀
 
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ====█|-
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,597
vCash: 70
I'd take Mcbain aloe for Hemsky,,, and this line would be pretty sick Skinner-Staal-Hemsky.

MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 03:55 AM
  #5
Vikingstad
**** the King
 
Vikingstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
please no, with Smyth back on the team, trading hemsky to CAROLINA would just be wrong.

Top 05/06 players for EDM Smyth Horcoff Hemsky back together

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 07:17 AM
  #6
MajorPain
Registered User
 
MajorPain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Boychuk, 2nd and 3rd Vs Hemsky.

Hemsky's a quality top 6 forward when healthy and his full value is more than that...but his market value isn't currently at a 100% IMO as he's been injured too frequently.

Boychuk's a solid prospect, and the 2nd and 3rd also represent good value on what's predicted to be a great draft...and the Canes take lots of extra salary in the transaction.

MajorPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 09:50 AM
  #7
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
Boychuk, 2nd and 3rd Vs Hemsky.

Hemsky's a quality top 6 forward when healthy and his full value is more than that...but his market value isn't currently at a 100% IMO as he's been injured too frequently.

Boychuk's a solid prospect, and the 2nd and 3rd also represent good value on what's predicted to be a great draft...and the Canes take lots of extra salary in the transaction.
no need for Boychuk in EDM. We have Gagner and RNH as our small top6 C of future.
Mcbain on the other hand would fill a hole on the roster.
Hopefully EDM just resigns Hemsky and develops its own McBain

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:13 AM
  #8
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 31,671
vCash: 500
Given how highly each team rates its young players, I have a hard time imagining a deal that won't piss off either side.

For example, I'm all for acquiring Hemsky but I wouldn't come anywhere near dealing McBain. Much rather send a Boychuk or Faulk, but I know perfectly well how that would be received by Oiler fans. Maybe that's why the GMs have been talking for a long time but haven't closed a trade.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:17 AM
  #9
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far
 
Chicago Made Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 14,650
vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
You could probably grab him at the deadline (if no deal seems imminent) for Sutter + a 2nd
I really hope you mean Brett Sutter...

Chicago Made Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:19 AM
  #10
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...
 
My name is Legion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
No Mcbain, no deal. Would rather just re sign Hemsky but if he's gonna go i'd want it to start with Mcbain.

My name is Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:21 AM
  #11
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 37,615
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravi83Oil View Post
please no, with Smyth back on the team, trading hemsky to CAROLINA would just be wrong.

Top 05/06 players for EDM Smyth Horcoff Hemsky back together
what do seasons from 5-6 years ago have to do with today's NHL?

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:23 AM
  #12
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
McBain and a 2nd sounds enticing, but I honestly don't see the Oilers making this deal without a 1st coming along with it.

It's an overpay, but that's the cost for an impending near point-per-game UFA that has expressed some interest in re-signing with the team.

You could probably grab him at the deadline (if no deal seems imminent) for Sutter + a 2nd
both Mcbain and Sutter have wayy more value than Hemsky at this point. they are young, productive and most of all reliable. Hemsky has a very low value, having not played much the past few seasons and being a pending UFA.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:27 AM
  #13
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Judging by Edmonton's asking price at the deadline (Brayden Schenn), and the fact that they are probably leaning towards re-signing him, I think Tambellini would want McBain and a first. If McBain is a non-starter, a package that includes Zac Dalpe would intrigue me.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:31 AM
  #14
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 31,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchupinPiestany View Post
No Mcbain, no deal. Would rather just re sign Hemsky but if he's gonna go i'd want it to start with Mcbain.
This is what I meant above. Carolina will not deal McBain. Not only can we not afford to lose him from a team-building standpoint, he's also our only right-handed defenseman.

So if it starts with McBain, there's no point in continuing the converation.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:03 AM
  #15
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,567
vCash: 500
Safe to say there's no deal to be made amongst fans, but who knows about the GMs. We know the asking price for Hemsky is more than Penner, and we got a 1st + 3rd + Teubert, so I can only imagine how much they would ask for. I know he only has a year left and he's been hurt, but the alternative to trading him is signing him long-term, so if he wants to stay then those other things don't matter and it will take a lot for us to trade someone who wants to stay and we want to sign.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:12 AM
  #16
Boom Boom Anton
Registered User
 
Boom Boom Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Judging by Edmonton's asking price at the deadline (Brayden Schenn), and the fact that they are probably leaning towards re-signing him, I think Tambellini would want McBain and a first. If McBain is a non-starter, a package that includes Zac Dalpe would intrigue me.
And this is why I think it is a non-starter (at least amongst fans). As a Canes fan, I would never give up anything close to that for an oft injured (but very talented) guy with only 1 year left on his contract. Even when Hemsky is healthy, he misses 15% of the games in a season. I don't care what somebody paid for Penner, I still wouldn't do it and I wouldn't part with either McBain or Dalpe.

And I think the Oilers would rather hold on to him and either (a) re-sign him or (b) if he has a healthy and productive 1st half of the season and they are out of it, get a very nice return on him.

Now, who knows for sure what GMs would do. JR has been known to fall in love with certain guys and seems to do whatever he can to get them so I'll never say never.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:28 PM
  #17
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,987
vCash: 226
Boychuk and a 2nd WILL NOT cut it. What a low ball offer from Rutherford if this rumor were to be true.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:40 PM
  #18
Eberle
4-93-14
 
Eberle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 981
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Eberle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
Boychuk, 2nd and 3rd Vs Hemsky.

Hemsky's a quality top 6 forward when healthy and his full value is more than that...but his market value isn't currently at a 100% IMO as he's been injured too frequently.

Boychuk's a solid prospect, and the 2nd and 3rd also represent good value on what's predicted to be a great draft...and the Canes take lots of extra salary in the transaction.
We don't need Boychuk. His skillset is duplicated in our organization already. He is certainly not good enough to move Hemsky for.

And the salary is moot. We have a billionaire owner and aren't near the cap.

McBain and/or Dalpe need to be involved or Carolina won't be getting Hemsky.

Eberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:13 PM
  #19
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
As others have said Boychuk is non-starter because he addresses no needs and it seems like Cane fans dont wanna part with other prospects. Rather have Hemsky play have a season and re-sign him or trade him at the deadline if he wont stay

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:15 PM
  #20
Boom Boom Anton
Registered User
 
Boom Boom Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepForTheSin View Post
We don't need Boychuk. His skillset is duplicated in our organization already. He is certainly not good enough to move Hemsky for.
Agree with that. (even as a Canes fan).

Quote:

McBain and/or Dalpe need to be involved or Carolina won't be getting Hemsky.
That's fine, then hopefully it won't happen. In my opinion, 1 year of Hemsky (and chancing that he'll be healthy) isn't worth giving up McBain and/or Dalpe (plus whatever else is requested). Again, this isn't a knock on Hemsky who I think is a phenomenal talent and would be great on the Canes first line, just to me, his value to the Canes is less due to concerns over injuries and 1 year left on his contract. I guess it's really a catch 22. If Hemsky wasn't injured the past 2 seasons and was signed for longer, then either he wouldn't be available (not saying he is now) or it would take a king's ransom.

But then again, my opinion doesn't really count so we'll just have to wait and see what happens(provided that there is even any truth to this rumor in the first place).

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:23 PM
  #21
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?
 
Finlandia WOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,017
vCash: 500
I have a really hard time imagining that Tembellini is going to get a better offer than Boychuk + 2nd at this point in time.

Now, he could take the risk and wager that Hemsky has a productive first half, at which point he gets a great return for one of the best rentals out there. But even then, it is still iffy that he will get a superior return than this, because of the fact that 1 season of play > 3 weeks + playoffs of play.

Really, it all comes down to Tambellini. Does he want to risk Hemsky getting injured and thus the return being miniscule or even nothing at all (ala Gaborik)?

Or does he deal him now when he knows he will get something of value?

This of course assumes that Hemsky is not going to resign with the Oilers.

P.S. You are not getting McBain for Hemsky. So quit asking.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:36 PM
  #22
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
And this is why I think it is a non-starter (at least amongst fans). As a Canes fan, I would never give up anything close to that for an oft injured (but very talented) guy with only 1 year left on his contract. Even when Hemsky is healthy, he misses 15% of the games in a season. I don't care what somebody paid for Penner, I still wouldn't do it and I wouldn't part with either McBain or Dalpe.

And I think the Oilers would rather hold on to him and either (a) re-sign him or (b) if he has a healthy and productive 1st half of the season and they are out of it, get a very nice return on him.

Now, who knows for sure what GMs would do. JR has been known to fall in love with certain guys and seems to do whatever he can to get them so I'll never say never.
I won't disagree with what you said, but the Hemsky price tag has nothing to do with what the Oilers got for Penner. Penner was the consolation prize for Lomardi, who wanted Hemsky but was only willing to give up the first and a prospect. Tambellini openly said that for the Kings to get Hemsky they would have had to give up Schenn, which they obviously were only willing to do for a player signed long term.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:38 PM
  #23
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton 2nd Pick View Post
I have a really hard time imagining that Tembellini is going to get a better offer than Boychuk + 2nd at this point in time.

Now, he could take the risk and wager that Hemsky has a productive first half, at which point he gets a great return for one of the best rentals out there. But even then, it is still iffy that he will get a superior return than this, because of the fact that 1 season of play > 3 weeks + playoffs of play.

Really, it all comes down to Tambellini. Does he want to risk Hemsky getting injured and thus the return being miniscule or even nothing at all (ala Gaborik)?

Or does he deal him now when he knows he will get something of value?

This of course assumes that Hemsky is not going to resign with the Oilers.

P.S. You are not getting McBain for Hemsky. So quit asking.
We're just telling you what the price would be. And considering Tambellini said nothing short of Brayden Schenn would have gotten Hemsky to LA, I think its safe to assume that the Oilers asking price would be McBain + or Dalpe ++. I don't expect Carolina to give that up either though, it would be a backwards step in the long term if they can't re-sign Hemsky.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:41 PM
  #24
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain
 
Jerry Lundegaard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 500
Pretty much all points in this thread were probably communicated amongst the GMs and each politely said "No"


However, Edmonton fans are out to lunch if they think they're getting our top prospect (Dalpe) or our most experienced young Dman (McBain) for an oft-injured winger with 1-year left on the contract. Carolina is not a contending team in a "win now" situation.

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:52 PM
  #25
Eberle
4-93-14
 
Eberle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 981
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Eberle
I understand the concerns over Hemsky's contract and health. All Oiler fans have the same concerns when thinking about resigning him.

All value considerations aside (IE market value, and value of the players to their respective teams), Boychuk will not be the guy because he does not fill a need for the Oilers. We don't need Gagner and Cogliano 2.0. If Carolina isn't willing to give up something that the Oilers need, it quite simply won't happen.

Eberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.