HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Johansen

Old
07-17-2011, 02:15 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
It was probably Johan + Jake or Johan + 1st.
That's what I thought, yeah.

It would really be nice if we could stop the "CBJ wouldn't trade Johansen for Carter, so they're not trading him for X"

It's just not true and getting old, though I suppose the trade proposals are getting old as well.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
We do not want to be having this discussion because it is a colossal waste of time for us to keep telling people what we do not want for him.
Or being forced to say we would trade him for *whatever* only to be excoriated for suggesting some such value blashphemy when we said up front "you probably wouldn't do this but yeah, since we don't want to trade him I suppose something like this" enter infinite loop here.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 07-17-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:27 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
That's what I thought, yeah.

It would really be nice if we could stop the "CBJ wouldn't trade Johansen for Carter, so they're not trading him for X"

It's just not true and getting old, though I suppose the trade proposals are getting old as well.
I agree, it would be nice, since nobody has ever said it was offered as an even trade. The point was, if Johansen was included in any way, the trade would not happen. Is that any clearer?

This has to be one of the stupider threads I've ever seen and I know I'm not helping by even reading it. So I won't.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:33 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I agree, it would be nice, since nobody has ever said it was offered as an even trade. The point was, if Johansen was included in any way, the trade would not happen. Is that any clearer?

This has to be one of the stupider threads I've ever seen and I know I'm not helping by even reading it. So I won't.
This is exactly what I am talking about. That is completely false.

If the deal was Johansen straight up for Carter, it happens. End of story.

You're contradicting yourself in the first two sentences.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 03:20 PM
islandersfreak21

More than any team is willing

islandersfreak21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 03:31 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Simple question then.... Would you have traded the #8 pick for Gagner?
I would have been laughed off the board by Jackets fans if i proposed Gagner straight up for the #8 pick so my point is that the #8 pick was the higher value and thus the centerpiece in the Carter trade since i'm sure we all can agree that Gagner and Voracek have similar value.

In a vacuum, yes of course. In the real world, no only because Columbus didn't need Gagner's skill set. For a team needing a #2 center, Gagner for the 8th is a good deal, and if a team wanted a player like him they would need to add something to the pick. In my opinion, Voracek was the centerpiece of the Carter deal and is more valuable than the pick.

Look at the list of #8 picks. What are the odds that anyone drafted in that position becomes a better player than Gagner or Voracek?

And to answer your question, depending on need, they have comparable value. If anything, I'd rate Gagner a little above Voracek, because he is a center.

Last edited by TaketheCannoli: 07-17-2011 at 03:37 PM.
TaketheCannoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 01:17 PM
MSGstandsforMmmSoGud

Hemsky, Paajarvi and a 2nd

MSGstandsforMmmSoGud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:17 PM
aangelo2107
Rookie User

Johansen has value

Johansen has a ton of value. He is one of the top 2 nhl prospects in the world. The guy can flat out play. He was drafted as the 4th overall pick in the draft while only being 5'9 and 150 pounds. He is now 6'2 and 192 pounds. He can play and is definitely has a lot of value. I don't expect him to have a rookie year like Crosby or Alexander Ovechkin, but we could expect numbers close to Steven Stamkos. At best Evgeni Malkin but that is if he really earns his spot over the summer. He should be the number 1 center Rick Nash and Jeff Carter are better as wings.

aangelo2107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 07:56 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aangelo2107 View Post
Johansen has a ton of value. He is one of the top 2 nhl prospects in the world. The guy can flat out play. He was drafted as the 4th overall pick in the draft while only being 5'9 and 150 pounds. He is now 6'2 and 192 pounds. He can play and is definitely has a lot of value. I don't expect him to have a rookie year like Crosby or Alexander Ovechkin, but we could expect numbers close to Steven Stamkos. At best Evgeni Malkin but that is if he really earns his spot over the summer. He should be the number 1 center Rick Nash and Jeff Carter are better as wings.
I like your enthusiasm, but actually Johansen was that small the year before his draft, that's why he was a bit under the radar until then. By the time of his draft, he was over 6' and weighed more than 185. His size and skills will be very welcome on the CBJ, whenever he's ready to contribute.

Old
07-20-2011, 09:26 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Well the secret plan is to continue slipping HGH into his breakfasts until he is a LeBron-like 6'9" 260 lbs. Try to move him from the crease then!

Old
07-20-2011, 11:09 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Well the secret plan is to continue slipping HGH into his breakfasts until he is a LeBron-like 6'9" 260 lbs. Try to move him from the crease then!

If he becomes LeBron-like, he'll never go near the crease, launch slapshots from the blue line, and disappear in the closing minutes.

Yes, I'm from Ohio and I remain deeply bitter.

Old
07-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Yeah, he's definitely not ready to be a number 1 center, but he does have a ton of value.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 11:57 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
Yeah, he's definitely not ready to be a number 1 center, but he does have a ton of value.
I love the guy but he's maybe ready to be the 4th line C now. I think the patience will pay off long term.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHammy View Post
I love the guy but he's maybe ready to be the 4th line C now. I think the patience will pay off long term.
I'm not sure where he'll play during the season, but he would be an outstanding option on the 2nd PP unit. I could see him getting a lot of time on the wing to be honest.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Doug19

Never mind, the guy won't ever get it.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 01:27 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
If he becomes LeBron-like, he'll never go near the crease, launch slapshots from the blue line, and disappear in the closing minutes.

Yes, I'm from Ohio and I remain deeply bitter.
OK, sorry- Jared Sullinger like 6' 8" 260.

No make that Shaq-like 7'1" 325 lbs.