HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

OFFICIAL Florida Panthers fans' Lounge -- ARCHIVED

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Acadmus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patastrophe
dont know if anyone here is/was a fan of helmet, but their new record comes out in a couple weeks. i got it about a month ago (got to love russian download sites) and on first listen HATED it. didnt listen to it for two weeks, decided to give it another try and now i cant seem to pry it out of my cd player.
I remember the name - and that I didn't like them

I like a couple of bands like that - where you had to listen a second or third time before they grew on you. Catherine Wheel's album Chrome was beyond me the first time through - now I still think of it as the best album by any band, ever - and they're not even my favorite band!
Pavement's Crooked Rain Crooked Rain also took some getting used to.

Old
08-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Clash*

Most of my favorite albums took time for me to get a true grasp of. First time through was like readin a bok for school. Just wanted to know what I needed to inorder to discuss it. Then as time went by, I decided to pay attention to the intracacies to better understand it and to realize the simple wonders hidden beneath at times.

Old
08-10-2004, 12:11 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Back on to Ricky Williams.

Anybody hear that he's seriously considering coming out of retirement and playing for the Raiders? I'm seriously starting to dislike him on several levels.

Last edited by Clint: 08-10-2004 at 12:20 AM. Reason: seriously CONSIDERING...
Old
08-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint

Anybody hear that he's seriously considering coming out of retirement and playing for the Raiders? I'm seriously starting to dislike him on several levels.
Clint would you like to play checkers?

Old
08-10-2004, 04:57 AM
Clash*

Quote:

If Ricky comes out of retirement before the season is up, he'll be suspended for an entire season regardless due to the drug infraction. But I've heard that if he comes back after a year, he'll be able to play with only payin a fine and not missin any games due to the infraction. Regardless, as much of a pothead I may have once been, I find it a joke that Ricky has let it affect his life to the degree it has. To walk out on a multimillion dollar contract over the urge to smoke weed is just ridiculous.

Old
08-10-2004, 06:37 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
A possible reason why he said the Raiders is that you can get medicinal marijuana in California with little trouble. He was able to get around the NFL drug tests for a while masking the results...I'm sure he'd be able to do it again. The guy definitely has a screw loose or two dozen

Old
08-10-2004, 07:25 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPanther
A possible reason why he said the Raiders is that you can get medicinal marijuana in California with little trouble. He was able to get around the NFL drug tests for a while masking the results...I'm sure he'd be able to do it again. The guy definitely has a screw loose or two dozen
Not so much a screw loose (though I'm not disagreeing he has them), but putting the lie in the belief that marijuana isn't addictive.
Just because not everyone gets addicted to a substance doesn't mean you can't be one of the unlucky ones. I think Mr. Williams be yearnin' for the seed too much.

Old
08-10-2004, 07:27 AM
Acadmus

Talk about scares - I open my browser to my news page, and there's the headline: "Biron awarded 2.8 million in arbitration" - After I woke up from my faint :lol I realized it was not our Biron.

I, er, didn't really faint - just had to do a double-take

Old
08-10-2004, 09:55 AM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
Talk about scares - I open my browser to my news page, and there's the headline: "Biron awarded 2.8 million in arbitration" - After I woke up from my faint :lol I realized it was not our Biron.

I, er, didn't really faint - just had to do a double-take
LOL, I read that headline on the HF site yesterday and thought the exact same thing.

:lol

Old
08-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
Clint would you like to play checkers?
Only as long as Natalie Portman is involved.

NOTE TO ALL PANTHERFANS: SINCE WE ARE NOT UNDER THE WATCHFUL EYE OF JFONT AND GEE WALLY, BABE THREADS ARE PERMITTED HERE!

Old
08-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Clash*

Quote:
NOTE TO ALL PANTHERFANS: SINCE WE ARE NOT UNDER THE WATCHFUL EYE OF JFONT AND GEE WALLY, BABE THREADS ARE PERMITTED HERE!
Actually we are, as they have come in to do Heimy's job on occasion, especially on threads that have been used to bait people. Do I care? Nah, talk some babes. Personally, Jillian Barberi (former Marlin second baseman Bret Barberi's ex-wife) and Kylie Minogue are my preferences, but they're probably too old for most of you. But what you youngin's need to know is the experience of an older woman.

Oh and I expect this to be edited by the way, or even fully deleted.

BTW Clint, they had a Room Raiders marathon on over the weekend I think. I didn't watch all of it, but did they possibly air your episaode then?

Old
08-11-2004, 01:48 AM
patastrophe

Send a message via Yahoo to patastrophe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Actually we are, as they have come in to do Heimy's job on occasion, especially on threads that have been used to bait people. Do I care? Nah, talk some babes. Personally, Jillian Barberi (former Marlin second baseman Bret Barberi's ex-wife) and Kylie Minogue are my preferences, but they're probably too old for most of you. But what you youngin's need to know is the experience of an older woman.

Oh and I expect this to be edited by the way, or even fully deleted.

BTW Clint, they had a Room Raiders marathon on over the weekend I think. I didn't watch all of it, but did they possibly air your episaode then?
jillian barberi is a piece, but GOD she's one irritating beeeatch. shes one of those crappy pseudocelebrities thats done absolutely nothing, yet somehow convinces people to put her on tv.

kylie aint bad a-tall, especially considering shes like 45 or so.

as long as you guys keep your dirty paws off my future wife, salma hayek, we'll be ok.

Old
08-11-2004, 07:40 AM
ratmanfu

Quote:
Originally Posted by patastrophe
as long as you guys keep your dirty paws off my future wife, salma hayek, we'll be ok.

mmmm...Selma Hayek...mmmm

I've got dibs on Ashley Judd.

Old
08-11-2004, 07:43 AM
ratmanfu

BTW, Clint, I find your Lavigne/Osbourne avatar very disturbing.

Old
08-12-2004, 12:20 AM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatmanReturns
BTW, Clint, I find your Lavigne/Osbourne avatar very disturbing.
So do I.

Old
08-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Clint

Quote:

Dunno, I don't usually watch MTV (except for when I'm SUPPOSED to be on it). But I don't think so. Some of my friends don't have lives and all they do is sit around wishing they were Quddus and Lala, so they would have called me if it were on.

Old
08-12-2004, 12:28 AM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by patastrophe, clash, ratman
celebritiesclebritiescelebritiescelebritiescelebri tiesclebritiescelebritiescelebritiescelebritiescle britiescelebritiescelebritiescelebritiesclebrities celebritiescelebritiescelebritiesclebritiescelebri tiescelebritiescelebritiesclebritiescelebritiescel ebritiescelebritiesclebritiescelebritiescelebritie scelebritiesclebritiescelebritiescelebrities
Seriously, I don't get off to famous girls anymore. Celebrities just don't do it for me like they did when I was in 8th grade. Alot of the girls that went to my high school are WAY hotter/sexier than Salma Hayek, Natalie Portman, Jillian Barberie, Angelina Jolie, etc., etc., etc.

Old
08-12-2004, 08:45 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Seriously, I don't get off to famous girls anymore. Celebrities just don't do it for me like they did when I was in 8th grade. Alot of the girls that went to my high school are WAY hotter/sexier than Salma Hayek, Natalie Portman, Jillian Barberie, Angelina Jolie, etc., etc., etc.
I agree with you somewhat here. My HS was loaded with gorgeous girls, and many of them were good looking then a lot of famous people. Granted, there isn't a single one I would take over Anna Kournikova, but there are definately some hot ones. Talk about some gorgeous girls, UCF is LOADED with them.

So any idea when you're going to be on Clint?

Old
08-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Clash*

High school girls and even college girls just aren't the same as a full fledged woman. Most of those girls may be hot, but they just don't have what it takes to be sexy yet. And sexiness isn't about looks. Its about how they carry and present themselves. Yeah, I went to school with hot chicks, but a portion of them couldn't handle growin older with the partying, stress, and abuse they endured as they got older. And some of the not so hot ones learned what it meant to be a woman, and became super hot after school. The chicks in school may be hot, but look at their moms to see if they'll stay beautiful as they get older.

Old
08-12-2004, 05:05 PM
ratmanfu

Quote:
High school girls and even college girls just aren't the same as a full fledged woman. Most of those girls may be hot, but they just don't have what it takes to be sexy yet. And sexiness isn't about looks. Its about how they carry and present themselves. Yeah, I went to school with hot chicks, but a portion of them couldn't handle growin older with the partying, stress, and abuse they endured as they got older. And some of the not so hot ones learned what it meant to be a woman, and became super hot after school. The chicks in school may be hot, but look at their moms to see if they'll stay beautiful as they get older.

Amen, brother, amen!

Old
08-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Clash*

Clint and and anyone who may be interested, I don't if its been announced, but on Pollstar.com they have for the beginning of October Social Distortion comin to a new club in Fort Lauderdale. I know Pat would be into this, but bein out in LA, he might get to see Mike Ness somewhat regularly. Great punk, rockabilly band from the eighties.

Old
08-13-2004, 12:40 AM
Clint

Quote:
High school girls and even college girls just aren't the same as a full fledged woman ... The chicks in school may be hot, but look at their moms to see if they'll stay beautiful as they get older.
True, but do I care about that stuff? NO! I'm 18! And that's the best part about high school girls... THEY WILL ALWAYS STAY YOUNG! :lol

Quote:
Clint...October Social Distortion comin to a new club in Fort Lauderdale.
Thanx for the info, but I'm gonna be long gone.

I keep forgetting to mention that I'm leaving to Tallahassee on Monday.
The past few days have been spent getting my car tuned up/fixed, getting a new cell phone (non Metro-Piece-Of-*****), and packing up all my stuff.

It's a pretty big move, since my mom is moving out right after I do. She's moving in with her boyfriend in Ft. Lauderdale, which is alot closer to her job. She was only staying down here so I could finish high-school with all my friends. Her sacrifice is GREATLY appreciated. I came THIS close to spending the last 2 months of my senior year in a foreign high school in Pembroke Pines, with kids I didn't know. GOD, that would have sucked.

We've been spending the last two days emptying out the apartment... deciding what she's keeping, what I'm taking, and what we're giving to GoodWill. It's been kinda fun, kinda sad at the same time. Every few hours we dig up old family photo's, memorabilia, toys, and stuffed animals from when I was a little kid. We even found my baby book, *tear*.

I think I should start doing daily college updates for you guys. Bouwmeester4 can keep score of how many girls I nail... Young apprentice, you must learn from the master.

Anyways, any insider tips/advice concerning the college experience would be greatly appreciated. And give me ideas on cool stuff to bring besides clothes, pillows, posters, etc.

Old
08-13-2004, 12:41 AM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatmanReturns
Amen, brother, amen!

Just outta curiosity, how are you being effected by the storm right about now?

Old
08-13-2004, 02:18 AM
patastrophe

Quote:
Clint and and anyone who may be interested, I don't if its been announced, but on Pollstar.com they have for the beginning of October Social Distortion comin to a new club in Fort Lauderdale. I know Pat would be into this, but bein out in LA, he might get to see Mike Ness somewhat regularly. Great punk, rockabilly band from the eighties.
SOCIAL D! hell yeah!

i wouldnt say regularly, but this is more or less the proving grounds for new music for mr. ness. and whenever social d decides to tour they usually take a couple gigs at the HOB or whisky or whereever as rehearsal dates.

mike ness kicks ass.

Old
08-13-2004, 02:21 AM
patastrophe

Quote:
Anyways, any insider tips/advice concerning the college experience would be greatly appreciated. And give me ideas on cool stuff to bring besides clothes, pillows, posters, etc.

flip flops for the shower(s) so you dont get toe rot, and plants for your dorm room. remember, the more stereotypically spartan college student your room is...the more of a downer it is to come back to it. wont matter too much in sept/oct, but come jan/feb it gets worse and worse. i was an r.a. when i was in school...my advice: learn how to bend the rules on bringing your own furniture. dorm furniture sucks, see if you can bring some lamps, a bookcase or two...art prints. besides, chicks dig intellectuals (at least thats what im hoping to convince the world). :lol

better to make it feel like home.

and dont forget your jimmy hats, not that i should have to tell you. your friends are dirty, and theres no telling if those girls you plan to "nail" have been with any of them LMAO

Closed Thread