HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

OFFICIAL Florida Panthers fans' Lounge -- ARCHIVED

Closed Thread

Old
08-21-2004, 05:58 PM
ratmanfu

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
PS... don't think he's getting laid anytime soon... he still hasn't dipped his pen into any ink... if you know what I'm sayin'
I'm not sure I follow...this guy has never used a pen before? I mean, pens already have an ink shaft, they don't need to be dipped into ink to work. Unless it's a calligraphy pen, now those buggers are tough to write with.

Heh, I said "shaft."

Old
08-22-2004, 02:55 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Just got back from my first frat party...

it was good.

That's all I have to say about that.

I'm tired.

Old
08-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Just got back from my first frat party...
Clint, don't join a frat. That's so not punk. But the parties are great to go to for the females.

Old
08-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Clint, don't join a frat. That's so not punk. But the parties are great to go to for the females.
Yeah, I figured as much. I'm not into renting my friends. No joke, I'm too cool for that. I don't need to be like those dumbass fratboys. Typical **********. "Look at me, I wanna fit in and be part of a scene! I wanna be just like everybody else!" For some reason, everyone in my highschool had me pegged for a fratboy. Ha, now watch, in a year and a half I'll be a Sig Ep. Anyways, I saw the girls rush the sororities this week, and I've never seen such a pathetic display of shallowness or superficiality in my life.

They do throw good parties though, don't they?

My classes start tomorrow. I've got General Biology at 9AM, College Algebra at 2:30, and US History 1865+ at 6:45PM... got big fat gaps in between each class to do homework/eat food/chill out. I'll see how that goes, and if I don't like it, I'll rearrange my schedule. Thank God for drop/add week. I'm planning on picking up an advanced English class, but I think I said that already.

Anyways, I'm going to bed. Can't quite remember going to bed this early... oh, yeah I can... high school.

Old
08-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Yeah, I figured as much. I'm not into renting my friends. No joke, I'm too cool for that. I don't need to be like those dumbass fratboys. Typical **********. "Look at me, I wanna fit in and be part of a scene! I wanna be just like everybody else!" For some reason, everyone in my highschool had me pegged for a fratboy. Ha, now watch, in a year and a half I'll be a Sig Ep. Anyways, I saw the girls rush the sororities this week, and I've never seen such a pathetic display of shallowness or superficiality in my life.

They do throw good parties though, don't they?

My classes start tomorrow. I've got General Biology at 9AM, College Algebra at 2:30, and US History 1865+ at 6:45PM... got big fat gaps in between each class to do homework/eat food/chill out. I'll see how that goes, and if I don't like it, I'll rearrange my schedule. Thank God for drop/add week. I'm planning on picking up an advanced English class, but I think I said that already.

Anyways, I'm going to bed. Can't quite remember going to bed this early... oh, yeah I can... high school.
Hey, hey, hey...I take offense as I am formerly a "frat boy". But at FSU, I'm sure most of them are ********** and dumbasses...only concerned with partying (but if you're going to FSU, are you really concerned with education, seriously??). And never try to compare the sorority rush with fraternity rush...its so different (trust me, I know from being involved in Greek Council and fraternity rush). Just remember, that most campuses have a lot of "frat boys" in positions of power like student government...if you want to grow beyond just going to classes, you can get involved in other things thru fraternities. Plus I have heard at some colleges that its a good way to network for future jobs once you graduate. But its always your choice...you can get just as involved not being in a frat and make those contacts with dorm mates.

You do have the typical freshman schedule with those times. Most people that I knew used that down time to take naps (including myself). I also used the downtime to go to the gym.

Old
08-23-2004, 11:00 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPanther

You do have the typical freshman schedule with those times. Most people that I knew used that down time to take naps (including myself). I also used the downtime to go to the gym.
Don't worry Rich. I know firsthand that there are exceptions, and you are one of them.

Speaking of schedules, today I took advantage of Drop/Add week. I figured I needed a refresher course in Math since I haven't taken a math class in almost two years, so I dropped College Algebra and added a math for liberal arts studies/non majors.

I also finally got my hands on an English class, even though it wasn't the exact one I wanted. Oh, well... Drop/Add doesn't end till Thursday. Hopefully I can land the one I really want.

Anyways, gotta get to bed, my first class starts at 11:00 tomorrow... weight training!

Old
08-24-2004, 10:26 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Had my first day of class today. Actually, I have only been to two and have a little break and then off to my next two. I am taking PHI3626 "Ethics in Science and Technology" and my teacher is freaking weird. He said he is Canadian and judging by his English accent, I am going to guess B.C. He walks into class like 10 minutes late because he was "in the wrong room"?? He doesn't wear shoes and looks like Weird Al from the old days with the long hair. Pretty comical though saying that we are not allowed "drunken posting" in the discussion forum.

Clint, these on campus gyms nowadays are pretty insane eh? UCF has the two story rock wall in the front, which is just awesome. Unfortunately, the gym got hit hard by Hurricane Charley and won't be open for quite some time while they repair all the water damage

Old
08-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan

Clint, these on campus gyms nowadays are pretty insane eh?
Tell me about it. The Leech Center is frikkin' amazing. That's where I'm gonna be spending most of my free time, gettin' all ripped. I'll get back to Miami to visit all the hot girls I knew in high school and they're gonna be like

Oh yeah, I can't wait for them to see me...

Old
08-24-2004, 02:19 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
I think when there is an awesome rec facility on campus it has partially to do with some accredidation stuff (specifically for certain programs on campus). ECU had an awesome rec center as shown below (the picture doesn't do it justice):

Old
08-25-2004, 12:10 AM
patastrophe

Send a message via Yahoo to patastrophe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPanther
Hey, hey, hey...I take offense as I am formerly a "frat boy". But at FSU, I'm sure most of them are ********** and dumbasses...only concerned with partying (but if you're going to FSU, are you really concerned with education, seriously??). And never try to compare the sorority rush with fraternity rush...its so different (trust me, I know from being involved in Greek Council and fraternity rush). Just remember, that most campuses have a lot of "frat boys" in positions of power like student government...if you want to grow beyond just going to classes, you can get involved in other things thru fraternities. Plus I have heard at some colleges that its a good way to network for future jobs once you graduate. But its always your choice...you can get just as involved not being in a frat and make those contacts with dorm mates.

on the greek thing, you can do all that stuff (the networking and political stuff) without joining the frat. face it, for most people, joining a frat is a quick and easy way to buy friends and girls. in case our youngins didnt know, you have to pay dues to join a frat. one subtle little way to keep out the riff raff and white trash.

my advice, find the two or three cool guys in the frat, make friends, and go to the parties for free. then you get all the benefits, you dont have to pay the dues, you dont have to endure the hazing/brainwashing, and if you think theyre acting like sh*theels you can just p*ss off and do your own thing.

let me qualify everything i just said with this: THERE ARE DECENT PEOPLE IN THE GREEK SYSTEM. not every greek is a sportofrat moron or a sorostitute. but you will encounter those people so be prepared.

Old
09-02-2004, 09:55 AM
Crossbar

Wishing everyone they stay safe and make it out of Hurricane Frances unscathed!

Last edited by Crossbar: 09-02-2004 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Frances not Charley :P
Old
09-02-2004, 09:58 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
Wishing everyone they stay safe and make it out of Hurricane Charley unscathed!
I think you mean Hurricane Frances

I wish everyone luck as well.

Old
09-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Crossbar

Quote:

LOL how embarassing! I was posting in the Charley check-in thread on Fanhome and...well you catch my drift... my apologies and thanks for correcting me Luongofan.

Old
09-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Acadmus

Quote:

I hope no one's planning to ride out the storm - if you're in an evacuation zone, get out!

Good luck, all! Hope all is well when you return and you only have minimal clean up to do.

Old
09-02-2004, 03:52 PM
Coolburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
I hope no one's planning to ride out the storm - if you're in an evacuation zone, get out!

Good luck, all! Hope all is well when you return and you only have minimal clean up to do.
I'm not in an evacuation zone but I'm definitely riding this beast out. I gotta work (though from home but still) tomorrow until power goes out or 5pm (whichever happens first). Then whenever the weather subsides I gotta help assess any damage to our corporate office so I'll probably do that on Sunday morning (I'm the closest to the office in our IT dept). But I'm already prepapred...windows boarded up, supplies purchased, and I'll be online as long as power is maintained.

Old
09-02-2004, 06:06 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
I'll be right on the edge of the evacuation zone inPalm Beach county, at work. With me workin at the hospital there, and part of the mechanical engineering team, I'm needed there, in order to keep the place runnin and the patients alive. What we need to do tho is start an official check-in that can be keep stickied until after its well over and everyone reports. I know Ratman is close to where its comin ashore, and Beezer is even closer.

I'm east of I-95 near downtown West Palm and just finished boarding up the house and putting away all the loose stuff in my backyard into my shed. Most of the neighbors are doing the same, which is a relief.

My wife, daughter, dogs, cat and I are heading to my grandmother-in-law's early in the morning. There's still packing and stuff to do to prep for the trip. We both had to work today, which put us somewhat behind schedule. If need be, we'll leave late tonight.

Hope everyone is doing alright and comes out okay after Frances.

CCR - Good luck with work at the hospital and stay safe. A great, big thanks to you and other hospital staffers (not to mention police/fire safety/utilities/etc) who will be working through this hurricane.

Old
09-02-2004, 06:10 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Good luck guys! Stay safe

Old
09-02-2004, 10:53 PM
Takkie
I Goc ya nose!

Just finished putting up the plywood, hopefully we only catch the the edge of it.

Old
09-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
I'll be right on the edge of the evacuation zone inPalm Beach county, at work. With me workin at the hospital there, and part of the mechanical engineering team, I'm needed there, in order to keep the place runnin and the patients alive. What we need to do tho is start an official check-in that can be keep stickied until after its well over and everyone reports. I know Ratman is close to where its comin ashore, and Beezer is even closer.
I feel for you guys. I use to live in Jupiter, is which I guess is going to get slammed pretty hard.

Old
09-03-2004, 03:48 AM
Clash*

Old
09-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Clint

Okay, enough of this hurricane bullsnot, we have a thread for that.

Did you guys hear that Coach Dave is gonna announce Jay Fiedler as the starter? So much for the AJ Feeley era.

Seriously, I'll be very surprised if the Fins win more than 6 this year.

Old
09-06-2004, 05:26 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Okay, enough of this hurricane bullsnot, we have a thread for that.

Did you guys hear that Coach Dave is gonna announce Jay Fiedler as the starter? So much for the AJ Feeley era.

Seriously, I'll be very surprised if the Fins win more than 6 this year.
Browns have K2.

Old
09-07-2004, 06:17 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
Browns have K2.
When it comes to NFL football Bouw, you're wise beyond your years.

Old
09-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Clint

Clash... I'm sorry.

But first, I have a disclaimer.

DISCLAIMER: I only did it to give my friend moral support. I was simply accompanying him.

Friends... today is a sad and embarrassing day in the life of Clint D.

I rushed.

My friend Jordan really wanted to rush the Frats, as rush week started tonight, but he really didn't want to go alone, so he asked me to accompany him to the frat houses and rush with him. I told him I'd do it as long as he didn't expect me to pledge. He now owes me a HUGE favor.

It was actually kind of fun. We went to about half a dozen houses tonight and spoke to all the brothers in each house. They all said the same things, "We're all about brotherhood, we care about our pledges, we're all really good friends, it's a good experience, yada yada yada."

The best part: Each frat had their own little 'receptionist' desks out at the front of their frat houses, with the purpose of taking down the names and the phone numbers and occasionaly taking pictures of the rushees. And manning these little desks were the most gorgeous, bubbly, smiling, happy faced sorority sisters you've ever seen. I was more interested in flirting and making all the girls laugh than trying to impress cocks so I can be "one of the guys". ******-Bags.

Second best part: My name for the night was Ivan Augustus. IS THAT THE PIMPEST NAME OR IS THAT THE PIMPEST NAME!!! HAHA, that's the name I wrote on all the papers that we were asked to fill out.

Whatever. It was fun, the food was free, and the chicks were cute. And Ivan Augustus is The Man.

Old
09-09-2004, 01:22 AM
patastrophe

Send a message via Yahoo to patastrophe
Quote:
Clash... I'm sorry.

But first, I have a disclaimer.

DISCLAIMER: I only did it to give my friend moral support. I was simply accompanying him.

Friends... today is a sad and embarrassing day in the life of Clint D.

I rushed.

My friend Jordan really wanted to rush the Frats, as rush week started tonight, but he really didn't want to go alone, so he asked me to accompany him to the frat houses and rush with him. I told him I'd do it as long as he didn't expect me to pledge. He now owes me a HUGE favor.

It was actually kind of fun. We went to about half a dozen houses tonight and spoke to all the brothers in each house. They all said the same things, "We're all about brotherhood, we care about our pledges, we're all really good friends, it's a good experience, yada yada yada."

The best part: Each frat had their own little 'receptionist' desks out at the front of their frat houses, with the purpose of taking down the names and the phone numbers and occasionaly taking pictures of the rushees. And manning these little desks were the most gorgeous, bubbly, smiling, happy faced sorority sisters you've ever seen. I was more interested in flirting and making all the girls laugh than trying to impress cocks so I can be "one of the guys". ******-Bags.

Second best part: My name for the night was Ivan Augustus. IS THAT THE PIMPEST NAME OR IS THAT THE PIMPEST NAME!!! HAHA, that's the name I wrote on all the papers that we were asked to fill out.

Whatever. It was fun, the food was free, and the chicks were cute. And Ivan Augustus is The Man.

thats *****in awesome.

Closed Thread