HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Speculation/Rumour: Generic Leafs trade proposals and speculation.

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Inigo Montoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
So now that the Isles have added the albatross contract they needed to get to the cap floor, will the Komisarek speculation stop?

(I'm assuming they will sign Yash Trash at some point)
They are still 5 million under the cap floor. If they sign Yashin to that type of cash Garth Snow should be fired on the spot.

Old
07-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Chance View Post
They are still 5 million under the cap floor. If they sign Yashin to that type of cash Garth Snow should be fired on the spot.
They wouldn't need to give him that much, given that they will tie up some cap space signing Comeau and Bailey.

Old
07-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Budsfan

Quote:
So now that the Isles have added the albatross contract they needed to get to the cap floor, will the Komisarek speculation stop?

(I'm assuming they will sign Yash Trash at some point)
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...r-Soon/1/37323

I know this is Eklund but....The rumour is out there

Quote:
Word around the NHL is to expect the Islanders to be making one or two more trades today besides the acquisition of Brian Rolston for Trent Hunter. There are also strong rumors out there that the Islanders are interested in trading for local kid Mike Komisarek. And that's not all.
There is also speculation out there that Rolston is a LW and so is Blake Comeau and that Comeau will be made available.

Komisarek for Comeau?

Old
07-28-2011, 02:43 PM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Chance View Post
Snow? Wang and Yashing are friends. Signing Yashin would be a Wang move.

Wang wont fire himself lol.

Old
07-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post

There is also speculation out there that Rolston is a LW and so is Blake Comeau and that Comeau will be made available.

Komisarek for Comeau?
The Leafs don't exactly have an abundance of space on the wings, either.

Old
07-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
The Leafs don't exactly have an abundance of space on the wings, either.
i actually would be very interested in Comeau. he is a young player and would fit in greatly with our team.

Old
07-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
i actually would be very interested in Comeau. he is a young player and would fit in greatly with our team.
Normally, I would say there's no way a team would trade a player with the usefulness of Comeau for a liability with a god-awful contract like Komisarek, but this IS the Islanders, after all.

Still, I'll believe it when I see it.

Old
07-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Budsfan

Quote:
Normally, I would say there's no way a team would trade a player with the usefulness of Comeau for a liability with a god-awful contract like Komisarek, but this IS the Islanders, after all.

Still, I'll believe it when I see it.
Frankly I agree with you, this as I posted is Eklund

It makes sense, in a lot of ways, if Komisarek is traded and Comeau comes the other way, it frees up a lot of cap, 1/ to re-sign Schenn and 2/ to get a 3rd line LW in Comeau.

Comeau/Bozak/Armstrong

Old
07-28-2011, 03:06 PM
hdtrax

Quote:
It makes sense, in a lot of ways, if Komisarek is traded and Comeau comes the other way, it frees up a lot of cap, 1/ to re-sign Schenn and 2/ to get a 3rd line LW in Comeau.

Comeau/Bozak/Armstrong
Kadri needs to be pencilled in somewhere at least..where would he go? I imagine going to the Marlies would be a step back for him.

Old
07-28-2011, 03:09 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:

Komisarek for Comeau?
I thought I read Rolston is going to be coaching this year, but since he is a +35 contract he can't go off the books.

If this is stated some where I apologize for wasting bandwidth, but it seems Rolston won't even play he'll just occupy cap space. He won't be paid either if he's unavailable to play.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
07-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1988 View Post
Kadri needs to be pencilled in somewhere at least..where would he go? I imagine going to the Marlies would be a step back for him.
The only downside would be that on HF everyone would be calling him a bust. It wouldn't be the worst thing.

Of course, this is if Snow is crazy enough to trade Comeau for Komi.

Old
07-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Budsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1988 View Post
I can't argue that, Kadri is the odd man out but Comeau would definitely give us a pretty good 3rd line LW and IMO is the better player for that position.

Kadri is coming into his own and will be one heck of a player and with Lupul, Connolly and Lombardi as players with serious injury history, he could fill one of those positions but I really don't know where he would fit into this situation and as it is, there are a number of players, that are going to be disappointed, after they are cut from training camp this coming season, Frattin for one, where does he fit, trades can be made but that's more speculation.

Old
07-28-2011, 03:35 PM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

Comeau is an intriguing player, 30 goal potential. Perhaps something like:

Lupul-Connolly-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabovski-Comeau
Kadri-Bozak-MacArthur
Brown-Dupuis-Armstrong

I'd treat that 4th line more like you're prototypical checking 3rd line, while the Bozak line is a third line of offense.

Old
07-28-2011, 04:22 PM
LaPlante94

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsandSharksfan View Post
Comeau is an intriguing player, 30 goal potential. Perhaps something like:

Lupul-Connolly-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabovski-Comeau
Kadri-Bozak-MacArthur
Brown-Dupuis-Armstrong

I'd treat that 4th line more like you're prototypical checking 3rd line, while the Bozak line is a third line of offense.
That is a very soft 3rd line and would get bullied every game. There's no way Armstrong will play on the 4th. I think that line that someone posted earlier would be best. Comeau-Bozak-Armstrong

Old
07-28-2011, 04:28 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Comeau is a Right Handed Shot who played Centre in junior would add some bite up front, however he might be too Big to play Centre for the Leafs.

Old
07-29-2011, 01:15 AM
niguma

Komisarek : Trade Value is highest to Isles Now...

Komisarek's value to the Islanders is at the max right now.
The Islanders are voting on August 1st on the Lighthouse Project, which seems to be the last ditch effort to keep the Islanders on Long Island

Komisarek grew up on Long Island and is known for his community work. Having him drum up support and get the Islanders in the news would be good for them.

He can also fit under their salary cap (Isles need to get to cap floor) and the Islanders could use a veteran defenseman (although they have many strong D prospects like deHaan and Hamonic).

I'm not saying that the Isles need to bend over to get this guy...I'm just saying that Komisarek's trade value is at the maximum right now - to the Islanders, given the referendum.

If he's not moved by Sunday, he probably stays with us at least till the trade deadline.

Old
07-29-2011, 08:17 AM
LaPlante94

Hopefully we trade him to New York for Tavares and a 1st next year. Seriously though if we were to trade him I wouldn't mind any of these players:

Frans Nielsen
Blake Comeau
Matt Martin

Players we most likely won't get but would be a steal and a dream would be:

Grabner
Moulson
Tavares

I'd be fine with a 2nd round pick though anyways.

Edit: I forgot to add that Anders Lee might be a very good pick up. Big gritty center who can make big hits and has a hard shot and is very good in the corners. Would be a good deal for both teams.

Last edited by LaPlante94: 07-29-2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old
07-29-2011, 09:30 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Frans Nielsen is extremely valuable to their club. I can't see him moving. He really came into his own last season.

I'd be shocked if Komisarek landed anything of value. The talks of Comeau being moved for him seem strange and frankly unrealistic.

07-29-2011, 09:38 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
Frans Nielsen is extremely valuable to their club. I can't see him moving. He really came into his own last season.

I'd be shocked if Komisarek landed anything of value. The talks of Comeau being moved for him seem strange and frankly unrealistic.
If the goal is to get to the floor, I'm sure the Islanders would happier moving a prospect for Komisarek and futures.

Old
07-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post

If komi does get traded, it will probably be for a mid round pick.

Old
07-29-2011, 09:42 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
If the goal is to get to the floor, I'm sure the Islanders would happier moving a prospect for Komisarek and futures.
That's my thought process.

If he's moved (and I'm not counting on it), I imagine it'll be similar to Kubina's deal to Atlanta. Which would be pretty funny considering they (seemingly) moved Kubina for that deal so they could sign Komisarek.

Looking at their roster I can't see a player I think they would move for him aside from maybe Eaton at 2.5m?

Old
07-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Lightsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPlante94 View Post
Hopefully we trade him to New York for Tavares and a 1st next year.
I think the Islander fans would blow up the Nassau Coliseum if Snow did THAT...

Old
07-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Budsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I thought I read Rolston is going to be coaching this year, but since he is a +35 contract he can't go off the books.

If this is stated some where I apologize for wasting bandwidth, but it seems Rolston won't even play he'll just occupy cap space. He won't be paid either if he's unavailable to play.
I read something about that too and for the life of me, I can't find the link that talks about it but you could be right, he may become a player coach for the Islanders, they traded for him to get up to the cap floor and so he may play for them at least this year, while at the same time, coaching their young players.

Old
07-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Lightsol

Quote:

Komisarek for Comeau?
And two or three topics down, there's a story about Pittsburgh trying to acquire Alexei Yashin, which speaks volumes, especially about Eklund's credibility.

Old
07-29-2011, 11:55 AM
trickster

Keep Komisarek!

Don't trade Komisarek!
If this team ever makes the playoffs his true value will be revealed...

These type of dmen never look good during the regular season, especially on young teams that do not play a polished defensive system... Once they get their $hit together (and make the playoffs) you'll see that guys like Komisarek who are willing to pay the price required in the playoffs will be few and far between...

We give guys away too damn easily...

Flame away with nonsense about stats and $$$ if you'd like to illustrate that you just don't get how some players are worth more to a team than their tangibles suggest...

The guy wouldn't wear an A if he was not a big part of this team.

Closed Thread