HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Speculation/Rumour: Generic Leafs trade proposals and speculation.

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Dark Passenger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1988 View Post
Kadri needs to be pencilled in somewhere at least..where would he go? I imagine going to the Marlies would be a step back for him.
I think Kadri could easily make the Leafs this year, but I dont think it would hurt him to go back to the Marlies. I wouldnt say it would be a step back.

Old
07-29-2011, 11:10 AM
ItsOurGame

lol nice counting crows reference....

Old
07-29-2011, 12:37 PM
LaPlante94

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickster View Post
Don't trade Komisarek!
If this team ever makes the playoffs his true value will be revealed...

These type of dmen never look good during the regular season, especially on young teams that do not play a polished defensive system... Once they get their $hit together (and make the playoffs) you'll see that guys like Komisarek who are willing to pay the price required in the playoffs will be few and far between...

We give guys away too damn easily...

Flame away with nonsense about stats and $$$ if you'd like to illustrate that you just don't get how some players are worth more to a team than their tangibles suggest...

The guy wouldn't wear an A if he was not a big part of this team.
That might be true but we have guys like Schenn, Aulie, and Phaneuf and even Franson who can do what Komisarek can do. Also you say these type of dmen never look good during the regular season. How we suppose to see what they can do in the playoffs if they don't want to shine during the regular season. Might be more effective somewhere else but he doesn't fit in here especially now and for that money. I wouldn't mind keeping him but on this team he's gonna be a 3rd pairing defencemen but maybe he'll play better having Gunner or Franson playing with him though. But even still he wouldn't be worth what he's making.

Old
07-29-2011, 02:09 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
I read something about that too and for the life of me, I can't find the link that talks about it but you could be right, he may become a player coach for the Islanders, they traded for him to get up to the cap floor and so he may play for them at least this year, while at the same time, coaching their young players.
Ron Rolston

Okay, now that clears that up

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
07-29-2011, 04:46 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
Frans Nielsen is extremely valuable to their club. I can't see him moving. He really came into his own last season.

I'd be shocked if Komisarek landed anything of value. The talks of Comeau being moved for him seem strange and frankly unrealistic.
You've got it right again.

Old
07-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

must kill dubey...he always turn the players in his avatar signed by the opposing team.

Old
07-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

We can always try to land Parise next year. Likely will test UFA.

Old
07-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
lol i hope...but with lou at the helm it will be very very hard for him to head to the UFA. Because let's face it by next season they will have plenty of cap to sign him long term.

Old
07-29-2011, 10:37 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

I kinda doubt we'll be in the running for parise if he hits ufa.. unless lupul decides to disappear, kulemin doesn't get any better next year, or kadri discovers he can be a center in the nhl. I'd rather offersheet the living hell out of tavares, or spend 6.5+m per for 5+ years on suter. If we can land suter and a #1 center we are legit cup contenders, imho, no need for parise. Unless of course we have to move kulemin for a rental suter or a #1 center, I just don't see burke going for parise.

Old
07-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Man Hole Inspector*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesselsnapSHOT View Post
I kinda doubt we'll be in the running for parise if he hits ufa.. unless lupul decides to disappear, kulemin doesn't get any better next year, or kadri discovers he can be a center in the nhl. I'd rather offersheet the living hell out of tavares, or spend 6.5+m per for 5+ years on suter. If we can land suter and a #1 center we are legit cup contenders, imho, no need for parise. Unless of course we have to move kulemin for a rental suter or a #1 center, I just don't see burke going for parise.
Parise plays both center and left wing.. You might want to re-think your post now lmao

Old
07-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Hole Inspector View Post
Parise plays both center and left wing.. You might want to re-think your post now lmao
He rarely plays center.

Old
07-29-2011, 11:15 PM
Man Hole Inspector*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Doakes View Post
I think Kadri could easily make the Leafs this year, but I dont think it would hurt him to go back to the Marlies. I wouldnt say it would be a step back.
I wouldn't say easily he has a ton to prove in training camp. At the same time it wouldn't hurt Kadri to rip up the AHL with the likes of Colborne, Gardiner, Blacker, D'Amigo and crew.. There's no need to force him into a role he's not ready for.. coughh** Jiri Tlusty

Old
07-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Man Hole Inspector*

Quote:
He rarely plays center.
He played center for most of his rookie/sophmore seasons I believe.. Parise can easily play center again he just fits best on the wing for NJ

Old
07-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
I wouldn't say easily he has a ton to prove in training camp. At the same time it wouldn't hurt Kadri to rip up the AHL with the likes of Colborne, Gardiner, Blacker, D'Amigo and crew.. There's no need to force him into a role he's not ready for.. coughh** Jiri Tlusty
I wouldn't mind him being back in the AHL, if it's absolutely necessary. His last stint with us in the NHL proved he can keep upto the pace but he ofc has a lot of room for improvement. So it really will depends on what's going on in training camp and what impact he makes at the camp.

Old
07-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
He played center for most of his rookie/sophmore seasons I believe.. Parise can easily play center again he just fits best on the wing for NJ
He can play center and he is a natural center but that isn't his best position to play. He doesn't have the excellent playmaking play as he does as finisher. I believe the last time he played center was in college. We can give it a shot but it would be very much kill his best plays I'd think. He's a great player but it's best to let him be where he thrives the best at.

I agree with one of the other posters..I sooo wanna offersheet tavares

Regarding this UFA parise hunt...it would depend on who we part with from our team..it depends on who is with us by the end of the deadline and who has improved or diminished over the year. Atm I am satisfied with us having connolly and grabo at the helm of our centering like as well slowly hope to create a greater first line center in either Kadri or Colborne.

Old
07-30-2011, 12:16 AM
emackulate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
must kill dubey...he always turn the players in his avatar signed by the opposing team.
lol have to tell him not to put a tavares as his avatar. maybe a l.schenn would be nice

Old
07-30-2011, 12:25 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
dubey guy jinxes every player. I bet he already has plan for Tavares avatar for next summer.

Old
07-30-2011, 01:10 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by emackulate View Post
lol have to tell him not to put a tavares as his avatar. maybe a l.schenn would be nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan80 View Post
dubey guy jinxes every player. I bet he already has plan for Tavares avatar for next summer.
yea i will be praying to god everyday that tavares comes over next off-season so no one better put up tavares avatars! lol

dubey will die if he does O_O

Old
07-30-2011, 11:32 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Nazem Kadri, Carl Gunnarsson, Joffrey Lupul & 1st round pick. Get 'err done!

Hell, I'd give Nikolai Kulemin, Carl Gunnarsson and a 1st if we could extend him.

Old
07-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Does anyone else think Spezza will be a Leaf this year? I have a funny feeling that if Ottawa struggles they will want to cut salaries and move for Yakupov.

Imo he is a perfect fit for Kessel and probably the most realistic considering Ottawa's situation.

We all know BM wanted Kadri and he has seen the good and the bad Komisarek. They also could use a right shot dman.

Kadri + Komisarek

for

Spezza

Is it a fair deal?

Old
07-31-2011, 02:58 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
Does anyone else think Spezza will be a Leaf this year? I have a funny feeling that if Ottawa struggles they will want to cut salaries and move for Yakupov.

Imo he is a perfect fit for Kessel and probably the most realistic considering Ottawa's situation.

We all know BM wanted Kadri and he has seen the good and the bad Komisarek. They also could use a right shot dman.

Kadri + Komisarek

for

Spezza

Is it a fair deal?
I am willing to trade for kadri only and only if colborne blows us out of the water, he is our only solid top 6 prospect. Spezza was a phenom and still can be with kessel at his side but I think he has deteriorated quite a bit in the recent years and flamed. It's a fair deal that's for sure but knowing burkie we might be able to get him even cheaper lol.

Old
07-31-2011, 09:30 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Nazem Kadri, Carl Gunnarsson, Joffrey Lupul & 1st round pick. Get 'err done!

Hell, I'd give Nikolai Kulemin, Carl Gunnarsson and a 1st if we could extend him.
I don't believe you can until January 1st. now.

Old
07-31-2011, 09:41 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I am willing to trade for kadri only and only if colborne blows us out of the water, he is our only solid top 6 prospect. Spezza was a phenom and still can be with kessel at his side but I think he has deteriorated quite a bit in the recent years and flamed. It's a fair deal that's for sure but knowing burkie we might be able to get him even cheaper lol.
I believe Spezza had a really good 2nd half last year. I think he needs a change of scenery. The team will be in full tank by NOV, my guess. We'll see what happens. It'd likely be Kadri+ futures. At least a solid prospect, if not our 1st this year. I think Murray would value a prospect more. Like Burke, he'd want to accelerate the rebuild with young players/prospects.

Old
07-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post

Kadri + Komisarek

for

Spezza

Is it a fair deal?
we would need to put Kulemin on that line if we ever got him

Kessel and Spezza, while dynamic offensively, would be horrendous defensively... Spezza is arguably worse defensively than Kessel

Old
07-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
we would need to put Kulemin on that line if we ever got him

Kessel and Spezza, while dynamic offensively, would be horrendous defensively... Spezza is arguably worse defensively than Kessel
spezza isn't that bad.

Closed Thread