HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Speculation/Rumour: Generic Leafs trade proposals and speculation.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-18-2011, 11:19 PM
  #726
Cmillz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Aulie brings every thing that Phaneuf lacks, size, defensive toughness, physical presence in the Defensive zone. Dion is easily muscled off the puck in his own zone.


With all due respect, you really couldn't be more wrong in your opinion.

Edit: didn't see Volcan's reply, I tried to use a bit more tact...but yeah.

Cmillz is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 07:29 AM
  #727
LaPlante94
Registered User
 
LaPlante94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Niagara Falls ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,537
vCash: 500
Aulie - Phaneuf
Liles - Schenn
Franson - Gunner/Komisarek

Aulie and Phaneuf played great together last year together so no need to break them up and it's fun rubbing that trade with Calgary in there face since the 2 defencemen we got from them our our top pairing. Schenn has always worked well with offensive defencemen so Liles would be a good fit with him. Franson and Gunner would be 1 hell of a 3rd pairing and put Komisarek in every once in a while. I think Komisarek can use a change of scenary because he doesn't really fit here anymore but I also think he could shine with a new defence partner like Franson or Gunner. I think he was paired with Lebda all of last season who was just terrible in the defensive zone.

LaPlante94 is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 08:01 AM
  #728
Lightsol
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPlante94 View Post
I think he was paired with Lebda all of last season who was just terrible in the defensive zone.
Komisarek, at various times, played with Gunnarsson, Beauchemin and Lebda. Gunnarsson definitely struggled at the beginning, but the latter two basically make all their partners look worse than they actually are. Komi seemed to play better near the end, when they were playing him with Lashoff.

Lightsol is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 10:00 AM
  #729
KlattNazty
Registered User
 
KlattNazty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsol View Post
Komisarek, at various times, played with Gunnarsson, Beauchemin and Lebda. Gunnarsson definitely struggled at the beginning, but the latter two basically make all their partners look worse than they actually are. Komi seemed to play better near the end, when they were playing him with Lashoff.
IIRC Lashoff was playing some very basic but smart defensive hockey, and was taking no chances with Komi I believe.

KlattNazty is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 10:12 AM
  #730
Dark Passenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamshot View Post
IIRC Lashoff was playing some very basic but smart defensive hockey, and was taking no chances with Komi I believe.
I thought Lashoff did a good job end of last year. When I saw him with the Marlies, he seemed to take more chances and be a little more eratic. With the Leafs ,it seemed like he was making a real effort to be tough in his own end and make the simple play.

Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 10:32 AM
  #731
JeffMangum
Debaser
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,689
vCash: 500
Chris Drury has retired...

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 10:35 AM
  #732
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Chris Drury has retired...
wow really?

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 10:37 AM
  #733
JeffMangum
Debaser
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
wow really?
Yeah.

Probably due to a combination of his degenerative knee and a general lack of interest around the league.

Sucks. Loved Drury. I don't hate him like some because of his contract. He was a ******* warrior, through and through, and was a hell of a hockey player in his career.

Definitely a USHOF candidate.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 10:42 AM
  #734
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Yeah.

Probably due to a combination of his degenerative knee and a general lack of interest around the league.

Sucks. Loved Drury. I don't hate him like some because of his contract. He was a ******* warrior, through and through, and was a hell of a hockey player in his career.

Definitely a USHOF candidate.
for sure, and the contract wasn't his fault, that would be the managements.

Sad really i think he could have played good hockey if his health wasn't going against him.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 07:02 PM
  #735
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,760
vCash: 500
Speaking of Kessel

Have we signed his Brother Blake yet, or has he signed else were?

FreeBird is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 07:05 PM
  #736
Lightsol
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Doakes View Post
I thought Lashoff did a good job end of last year. When I saw him with the Marlies, he seemed to take more chances and be a little more eratic. With the Leafs ,it seemed like he was making a real effort to be tough in his own end and make the simple play.
Lashoff is a really underrated defenseman. People seem to forget he was taken in the same draft as Crosby. Boston simply rushed him to the NHL too fast.

Lightsol is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 07:07 PM
  #737
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsol View Post
Lashoff is a really underrated defenseman. People seem to forget he was taken in the same draft as Crosby. Boston simply rushed him to the NHL too fast.
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Have we signed his Brother Blake yet, or has he signed else were?
no and no

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 07:13 PM
  #738
TyBOZAK*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Blake Kessel's stats this year were pretty solid, not as good as the season before.

39gp 5g 22a 27p

and he has a filthy wrist shot.

TyBOZAK* is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 07:21 PM
  #739
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Percy View Post
Blake Kessel's stats this year were pretty solid, not as good as the season before.

39gp 5g 22a 27p

and he has a filthy wrist shot.
haha i'd rather have Amanda Kessel .... for personal uses

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 07:24 PM
  #740
TyBOZAK*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
haha i'd rather have Amanda Kessel .... for personal uses
Why not just put a wig on Phil?

TyBOZAK* is offline  
Old
08-19-2011, 07:27 PM
  #741
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Percy View Post
Why not just put a wig on Phil?
good idea

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
08-24-2011, 08:18 AM
  #742
Leafsfan64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 784
vCash: 500
To St. Louis:
Carl Gunnarsson
Jake Gardiner

To Toronto:
David Backes


To Nashville
Mikhail Grabovski
Joffrey Lupul
2nd round pick 2012

To Toronto:
Ryan Suter


To NYI:
Mike Komisarek

To Toronto:
Salary Dump


Kulemin-Connolly-Kessel
MacArthur-Colborne-Backes
Lombardi/Kadri-Bozak-Armstrong
Brown-Lombardi/Dupuis-Orr
Boyce

Suter-Phaneuf
Liles-Schenn
Aulie-Franson
Lashoff

Reimer
Gustavsson

Leafsfan64 is offline  
Old
08-24-2011, 08:28 AM
  #743
topched
Registered User
 
topched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan64 View Post
To St. Louis:
Carl Gunnarsson
Jake Gardiner

To Toronto:
David Backes


To Nashville
Mikhail Grabovski
Joffrey Lupul
2nd round pick 2012

To Toronto:
Ryan Suter


To NYI:
Mike Komisarek

To Toronto:
Salary Dump


Kulemin-Connolly-Kessel
MacArthur-Colborne-Backes
Lombardi/Kadri-Bozak-Armstrong
Brown-Lombardi/Dupuis-Orr
Boyce

Suter-Phaneuf
Liles-Schenn
Aulie-Franson
Lashoff

Reimer
Gustavsson

To Leafs:
All-stars

To Other teams:
Absolute ****, ****, and more ****.


I love these Leaf fans

topched is online now  
Old
08-24-2011, 09:03 AM
  #744
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats
 
Kyle Doobas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
To Leafs:
All-stars

To Other teams:
Absolute ****, ****, and more ****.


I love these Leaf fans
I hear the trading system in NHL 12 is supposed to be more complicated than just 'trade two halfway-decent players and a pick for any superstar you like', maybe that'll help.

Kyle Doobas is offline  
Old
08-24-2011, 09:16 AM
  #745
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan64 View Post
To St. Louis:
Carl Gunnarsson
Jake Gardiner

To Toronto:
David Backes
I think the Blues need Backes.

He'd be the equivalent of the Leafs Kulemin.

Interestingly, his breakout campaign was at the same age as Kulemin's season with about the same statistics.

Would you accept a 2nd. pairing defender and 1st. round pick for Kulemin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan64 View Post
To Nashville
Mikhail Grabovski
Joffrey Lupul
2nd round pick 2012

To Toronto:
Ryan Suter
A 1st. line center, top 6 forward and 2nd. round pick for a 1st. pairing defender?

I don't see the need for Toronto to do this. After the Preds dumped Franson, I'm not sure they'd be interested in moving Suter. I have to wonder who benefits more Suter from Weber, or Weber from Suter? Preds offense could probably use the help though same number of goals as Toronto and Monreal last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan64 View Post


To NYI:
Mike Komisarek

To Toronto:
Salary Dump
How does this help the Leafs though? Komisarek is a legit player who the Leafs should get a legit asset back in return.

[QUOTE=Leafsfan64;36163819]




Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
To Leafs:
All-stars

To Other teams:
Absolute ****, ****, and more ****.


I love these Leaf fans
Perhaps Suter is a star, but the Leafs are giving up a decent haul there.

No other stars are involved here.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
08-24-2011, 10:56 AM
  #746
dubey
Cookie Powered
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hackey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Aulie brings every thing that Phaneuf lacks, size, defensive toughness, physical presence in the Defensive zone. Dion is easily muscled off the puck in his own zone.
hahaha

dubey is offline  
Old
08-24-2011, 11:10 AM
  #747
Inigo Montoya
Registered User
 
Inigo Montoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Newmarket, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsol View Post
Lashoff is a really underrated defenseman. People seem to forget he was taken in the same draft as Crosby. Boston simply rushed him to the NHL too fast.
So was Alex Bourret, Sasha Pokulok and Marek Zagrapan, your point?

Inigo Montoya is offline  
Old
08-24-2011, 02:01 PM
  #748
Lightsol
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Chance View Post
So was Alex Bourret, Sasha Pokulok and Marek Zagrapan, your point?
That people tend to write off players way too fast?

Lightsol is offline  
Old
08-24-2011, 02:37 PM
  #749
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsol View Post
That people tend to write off players way too fast?
he has talent just still hasn't put it together but hell he's is better than lebda..thats something right? lol

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
08-24-2011, 02:45 PM
  #750
TonyTML88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Kulemin trade offer?

First off, I don't really know who this source is, but according to Hockey Break on twitter:

*************************************

"The Toronto Maple Leafs received a major offer from an Eastern conference team for Nikolai Kulemin last week, which they turned down."

Than:
"Now hearing the team interested in Nikolai Kulemin was the Pittsburgh Penguins."

Like I said, I have no clue who this source is, but they did call the Carter and Richards deal (sort of). Take it with a grain of salt.

But just for fun, what do you think it could've been?

TonyTML88 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.