HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2011-2012 Patriots Thread- Lockout OVER

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-09-2011, 09:12 AM
  #351
AK37
Registered User
 
AK37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 3,778
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to AK37 Send a message via AIM to AK37
Are you guys forgetting Jarod Page?....or his he no longer with the team.

If he is, he makes it over Sergio Brown all day

AK37 is offline  
Old
08-09-2011, 09:19 AM
  #352
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah
 
CamDegs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UMass
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK37 View Post
Are you guys forgetting Jarod Page?....or his he no longer with the team.

If he is, he makes it over Sergio Brown all day
Signed with the Eagles. Would have loved to have him back here but I think they like what they see in Sergio Brown. Still wouldn't be surprised to see a move for safety depth sometime during TC.

CamDegs13 is offline  
Old
08-09-2011, 09:21 AM
  #353
SarahRomance
Registered User
 
SarahRomance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 399
vCash: 500
All I have to say is...I am so excited about this season and being able to tell my new Minneapolis friends they can watch a real Football team whenever the Vikings lose.

SarahRomance is offline  
Old
08-09-2011, 11:12 AM
  #354
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 24,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Marshmont View Post
Not bad. But Deaderick and Love aren't eligible for the PUP because they've already practiced (I'm actually not sure about Deaderick, but I know Love has practiced). If you take one snap at practice in camp, you can't go on the PUP. I thought I saw that the only PUP-eligible players we still have are Shaun Ellis, Matt Light, Kevin Faulk and Ron Brace. But I'd be really surprised if Cannon isn't also on that list though. I don't think he's practiced yet.

Anyways, here's my early projection.

QB: Tom Brady, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett (3)
RB: BenJarvis Green-Ellis, Danny Woodhead, Shane Vereen, Stevan Ridley (4)
WR: Chad Ochocinco, Deion Branch, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Taylor Price, Brandon Tate (6)
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Lee Smith (3)
OT: Matt Light, Sebastian Vollmer, Nate Solder, Mark LeVoir (4)
OG/C: Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen, Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell, Chris Morris (5)
DT: Vince Wilfork, Albert Haynesworth, Kyle Love, Gerard Warren, Myron Pryor (5)
DE: Shaun Ellis, Andre Carter, Jermaine Cunningham, Mike Wright, Eric Moore, Mark Anderson (6)
LB: Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Gary Guyton, Rob Ninkonvich, Dane Fletcher (5)
CB: Devin McCourty, Leigh Bodden, Darius Butler, Ras-I Dowling, Kyle Arrington (5)
S: Patrick Chung, Brandon Meriweather, James Sanders, Josh Barrett (4)
K: Stephen Gostkowski (1)
P: Zoltan Mesko (1)
LS: Matt Katula (1)

PUP: Kevin Faulk, Ron Brace
IR: Marcus Cannon

Bubble: Sammy Morris, Jeff Tarpinian, Jonathan Wilhite, Sergio Brown, Tracy White, Brett Lockett, Malcolm Williams, Markell Carter, Will Yeatman, Steve Maneri, Brandon Deaderick, Matthew Slater, Rich Ohrnberger

Morris, Tarpinian, Brown, Yeatman and Maneri are the bubble guys most likely to make it IMO, with Lee Smtih, Myron Pryor, Josh Barret, Lee Smtih again and Mark LeVoir being the guys getting cut to make room for each respectively.
This roster looks about right.

Love has indeed practiced. Deaderick is on the active/PUP but I don't think he's practiced yet. I haven't seen his name on any reports. I'd say he's on the bubble

Yeatman has looked good in camp so has Stevan Ridley thus far. Taylor Price has shown up with a chip on his shoulder so we shall see what happens there. I wasn't thrilled with Brandon Tate's performance at the camps I went to. Looks like Edelman is #1 as he was taking a majority of the reps.

Looking forward to see what the Bodden/McCourty tandem can do. Also want to see if Butler has gotten his act together.

I hope Mallett's accuracy get's better because it has been non existent so far. To be honest and it's a good sign, Brian Hoyer has been the best QB on the days I've gone. He'll get a lot of time this pre-season for sure.

__________________
The Butler did it. In the end zone. With a pick!

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
08-09-2011, 12:55 PM
  #355
Ten Thousand Hours
Registered User
 
Ten Thousand Hours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 5,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
This roster looks about right.

Love has indeed practiced. Deaderick is on the active/PUP but I don't think he's practiced yet. I haven't seen his name on any reports. I'd say he's on the bubble

Yeatman has looked good in camp so has Stevan Ridley thus far. Taylor Price has shown up with a chip on his shoulder so we shall see what happens there. I wasn't thrilled with Brandon Tate's performance at the camps I went to. Looks like Edelman is #1 as he was taking a majority of the reps.

Looking forward to see what the Bodden/McCourty tandem can do. Also want to see if Butler has gotten his act together.

I hope Mallett's accuracy get's better because it has been non existent so far. To be honest and it's a good sign, Brian Hoyer has been the best QB on the days I've gone. He'll get a lot of time this pre-season for sure.

My guess is for Tate is that he makes the team as a kick returner, but behind Ochocinco, Welker, Branch and Edelman at receiver. I'd have Price ahead of him too, but I think when we're healthy, Price will be inactive because kick returners will make the gameday roster before 5th receivers. But when Faulk comes off the PUP 6-8 weeks into the season (and I do think we'll give him a roster spot), if our running backs are still healthy, Brandon Tate will be the first one to look at to make room for Faulk. But that's only if he's not doing a great job returning kicks.

Ten Thousand Hours is offline  
Old
08-09-2011, 01:38 PM
  #356
CHRDANHUTCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auburn, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 15,900
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Blaine Gabbert pro debut vs. Patriots for Jaguars; Garrard (back)

CHRDANHUTCH is offline  
Old
08-09-2011, 09:19 PM
  #357
FutureConsiderations
Registered User
 
FutureConsiderations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Brookline, MA
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Marshmont View Post
My guess is for Tate is that he makes the team as a kick returner, but behind Ochocinco, Welker, Branch and Edelman at receiver. I'd have Price ahead of him too, but I think when we're healthy, Price will be inactive because kick returners will make the gameday roster before 5th receivers. But when Faulk comes off the PUP 6-8 weeks into the season (and I do think we'll give him a roster spot), if our running backs are still healthy, Brandon Tate will be the first one to look at to make room for Faulk. But that's only if he's not doing a great job returning kicks.
Agreed that they're both left trying to justify their spot now, but I'm not sure what Price has done to leapfrog Tate. Most of what I've read from Greg Bedard's camp summary shows that they're both having good camps but they're both still making more than their share of drops. It's still early and there's a lot of rust, but Tate at least has the experience card in his favor.

As for kickoff returns, apparently Jeremy Ross has done a really good job there. Bedard thinks he'll get a long look before the rosters are finalized.


Last edited by FutureConsiderations: 08-10-2011 at 05:57 AM.
FutureConsiderations is offline  
Old
08-10-2011, 01:04 PM
  #358
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,675
vCash: 500
Kraft says he will sign Mankins and he will be a Patriot for life.

Confound is offline  
Old
08-10-2011, 01:14 PM
  #359
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 24,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
Kraft says he will sign Mankins and he will be a Patriot for life.
Where did you hear/see this?

Alicat is offline  
Old
08-10-2011, 01:17 PM
  #360
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,675
vCash: 500
Heard Felger and Wiggy say it on the radio, they are trying to negotiate a long term contract, not sure if it's 100% true but it's good news if it's true.

Confound is offline  
Old
08-10-2011, 02:26 PM
  #361
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 24,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
Heard Felger and Wiggy say it on the radio, they are trying to negotiate a long term contract, not sure if it's 100% true but it's good news if it's true.
As soon as I typed that I saw it on my twitter lol. Interesting. I'd love for him to be here long term. He's won me back from just seeing him on the sidelines during camp talking to guys and being in on meetings..

Alicat is offline  
Old
08-10-2011, 04:11 PM
  #362
CHRDANHUTCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auburn, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 15,900
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
As soon as I typed that I saw it on my twitter lol. Interesting. I'd love for him to be here long term. He's won me back from just seeing him on the sidelines during camp talking to guys and being in on meetings..
ESPN/Schefter reports Mankins extended 6 years

CHRDANHUTCH is offline  
Old
08-10-2011, 04:44 PM
  #363
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom
 
JRull86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
ESPN/Schefter reports Mankins extended 6 years
Just saw this as well on SportsHub

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/08/1...ear-extension/

JRull86 is offline  
Old
08-10-2011, 06:41 PM
  #364
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah
 
CamDegs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UMass
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Best of the offseason moves by far, IMO.

CamDegs13 is offline  
Old
08-10-2011, 09:06 PM
  #365
FutureConsiderations
Registered User
 
FutureConsiderations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Brookline, MA
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,449
vCash: 500
Albert Haynesworth Took Big Pay Cut To Join Patriots


Very interesting. Lot of incentive for him to stay healthy and take his conditioning seriously.

FutureConsiderations is offline  
Old
08-10-2011, 09:19 PM
  #366
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
Albert Haynesworth Took Big Pay Cut To Join Patriots


Very interesting. Lot of incentive for him to stay healthy and take his conditioning seriously.
Good we shouldn't see him rolling around on the field now.

Shaun is offline  
Old
08-10-2011, 10:30 PM
  #367
Auguste McEscoffier
Registered User
 
Auguste McEscoffier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 5,704
vCash: 500
Awesome news about Mankins.

Auguste McEscoffier is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 05:09 PM
  #368
UConn126
Bass Player.
 
UConn126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Hartford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 3,683
vCash: 500
Any word on who's playing tonight? Will we see Ochocinco at all, even if just for a few snaps?

UConn126 is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 05:58 PM
  #369
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom
 
JRull86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,632
vCash: 500
Just bought me a Woodhead jersey finally.

JRull86 is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 06:04 PM
  #370
Arthur*
U MAD?
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Any word on who's playing tonight? Will we see Ochocinco at all, even if just for a few snaps?
The first preseason game you usually get two offensive series' from the starters. I think they'l all play and then we'll get a big helping of Brian Hoyer to Brandon Tate for the rest of the game.

Arthur* is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 06:11 PM
  #371
CHRDANHUTCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auburn, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 15,900
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Any word on who's playing tonight? Will we see Ochocinco at all, even if just for a few snaps?
NO Brady per 98.5

CHRDANHUTCH is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 06:24 PM
  #372
Mpata
Registered User
 
Mpata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Just bought me a Woodhead jersey finally.
I heard he might be cut or traded before game 1

Mpata is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 06:28 PM
  #373
Arthur*
U MAD?
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpata View Post
I heard he might be cut or traded before game 1
There's no way they trade or cut Danny Woodcock. He's too valuable out of the passing game, even though we drafted two RBs and Faulk is back, they'll get the redshirt treatment before they give away Danny for nothing. BJGE probably walks at the end of the year and Ridley slots into his role.

Arthur* is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 06:33 PM
  #374
FutureConsiderations
Registered User
 
FutureConsiderations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Brookline, MA
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpata View Post
I heard he might be cut or traded before game 1
Then it must be true.


Their RB situation right now is:
Law Firm
Woodhead
Gimpy, old Morris
Gimpy, old Faulk
Vereen (already injured)
Ridley


6 players for 6 spots (Morris and Faulk as FBs), cut Kettani and Medlin. There's no way they're losing Woodhead.

FutureConsiderations is offline  
Old
08-11-2011, 06:34 PM
  #375
Arthur*
U MAD?
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,969
vCash: 500
So what exactly is Taylor Price? I can't tell. Is he black, white, some kind of latino? Mixed? This eats at me every time I see him play.

Arthur* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.