Official 2011-2012 Patriots Thread- Lockout OVER

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2011, 06:25 PM
FutureConsiderations

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
I always preferred Moss to Ocho because I felt that Moss' lashing out was out of frustration when his teams weren't winning and he wasn't able to produce, while Ocho has the habit of putting himself above the game and making it all about himself and his public image first and winning second.

I still think he's talented and that this is a mutually beneficial situation for both parties. Ocho playing at a high level is good for the Patriots, and the Pats being the top team in the NFL, getting flexed to national tv 6 or 7 times, and a possible superbowl run are good for Ocho's publicity.

I think he and Belichick seem to have an understanding and mutual sense of respect, which makes the transition easier.
Not to be understated here: from everything I've seen and heard, Ocho and Belichick are good friends. To already have that respect factor is enormous.

Old
07-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Shaun
beauty

Chad probably cried tears of joy after hearing he got traded to. He genuinely respects Bill and they seem like good friends.

Old
07-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

I'm pumped for football, I may be late to the party but anyone know if they have released the schedule today or are they waiting?

Old
07-28-2011, 06:50 PM
JMiller

I'm more excited for this year's NFL season than I have been in quite a while.

Old
07-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Fire Julien

Give me Brad Smith over Ocho Cinco

Old
07-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Shaun
beauty

Is there a football version of capgeek somewhere?

Old
07-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

I can't wait for the first Jets/Pats game!

Old
07-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
No. And the reason is that's it's almost pointless to keep track of cap space. It's so east to restructure contracts to get extra space. Don't waste your time thinking a team has a certain amount of cap space only to find out the next day that they signed a player to a huge contract.

For example, Santonio Holmes signed a 5 year, $50 million contract that has like a $2.5 million cap hit this year. Salary cap space is important, it's just impossible to figure out.

Old
07-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Great day for the Pats, can't wait til season starts

Old
07-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Like I said a few days ago, this team is stacked and ready to go. Best coach and QB in the game, solid running backs in BJGE and Woodhead. One of the best if not the best WR's core with two great young TE's. Mankins is back another year along with Vollmer+Solder who both are almost 7 feet and huge. We got Warren back with Wilfork and Haynesworth, Mayo along with Spikes and Cunningham and finally a young D core lead by pro bowler McCourty. Also a great kicker and punter to add to the mix.

19-0 here we come.

Old
07-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Ocho is apparently going back to Chad Johnson.. I don't think he'll stop tweeting it will be reigned in a bit. I don't like his antics but the man is a great player and is in now in a position to play for and be in a world class organization/coach. No way he messes this up.

I don't like Fat Albert's signing at all. I can't get behind someone who doesn't respect the game itself or its players. He's going to have to play like he did in TN, win the Superbowl and make the Pro Bowl to change my mind. anyone know if he's facing jail time when he goes to court August 23?

I am Boston Strong

Old
07-28-2011, 08:44 PM
TITAN126
u got a big dome, eh

Quote:
http://www.patscap.com/

Hasn't been updated to include today's events though.

Old
07-28-2011, 08:47 PM
TITAN126
u got a big dome, eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
I'm pumped for football, I may be late to the party but anyone know if they have released the schedule today or are they waiting?
Schedule's been out for a while.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Ne...eason#Schedule

Old
07-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITAN126 View Post
Thanks

Old
07-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Wow we have a lot of 4:15 PM starts this year.

Tough stretch of 5 games against the Jets twice Giants, Cowboys and Steelers.

Old
07-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

At least the remaining four games of the year will be pretty easy, Redskins, Broncos, Dolphins and Bills, the Dolpins might be out of playoff contention by then so that might be a very winnable game like the other three. We might be able to rest some key guys for the playoffs if we lock up a number 1 or 2 seed in the final four games.

Old
07-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Quote:
At least the remaining four games of the year will be pretty easy, Redskins, Broncos, Dolphins and Bills, the Dolpins might be out of playoff contention by then so that might be a very winnable game like the other three. We might be able to rest some key guys for the playoffs if we lock up a number 1 or 2 seed in the final four games.
Honestly, I think 13-3 is a fair prediction, 14-2 definitely possible, and if things fall into place, 15-1 or 16-0 aren't impossible.

I think splitting the two with the Jets seems to be consensus, though I'd prefer to beat them both. Aside from that, Pittsburgh on the road is the only matchup that scares me, but we're coming off a bye that week which really works in our favor. Outside of those two, I wouldn't be shocked if there's that random late season loss to Denver or Miami after we've established a playoff position. The Colts aren't scary anymore. I fully expect to beat them at this point. SD could trip them up, but early season and at home has to turn it in our favor. The Eagles at Philly is also a game I could see them perhaps losing if Vick has a big day with his feet, but you know, this schedule isn't nearly as hard as last year, where we went on that hellacious run of Baltimore-SD-Minny-Cleveland-Pitt-Indy after trading Moss, and the only one we lost was the one that should've been a cupcake.

This is a much more manageable schedule than last season, the way this franchise is situated now, 12-4 would be a disappointment. How many teams can say something like that?

Old
07-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Gruntfuttock

Quote:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-engla...riots/cap-hit/

That's the best site I've come across. Not as good or as up to speed as capgeek, but it'll do.

Old
07-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Danny Woodhead

Quote:
Wow we have a lot of 4:15 PM starts this year.

Tough stretch of 5 games against the Jets twice Giants, Cowboys and Steelers.
Hana...you accidently included the Cowboys

Old
07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
CrashedFever

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Moss's distractions are on field and affect his play. Ocho's are off the field and have never affected his ability or his willingness to compete.

Contrary to popular belief, his TD celebrating isn't seen as a distraction amoung players.
I agree 100%. He's said a lot that he may be unruly off the field but when he steps on that field he gives it his all. I don't know if you guys read barstool sports, but el pres over there did an interview with ocho cinco like 2 weeks ago and he said if he comes here he would be a different player.
Here's the "interview" http://boston.barstoolsports.com/aro...you-the-would/

Old
07-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashedFever View Post
I agree 100%. He's said a lot that he may be unruly off the field but when he steps on that field he gives it his all. I don't know if you guys read barstool sports, but el pres over there did an interview with ocho cinco like 2 weeks ago and he said if he comes here he would be a different player.
Here's the "interview" http://boston.barstoolsports.com/aro...you-the-would/
This quote cracked me up from Pres

Quote:
More importantly somebody do me a ****ing favor already and cue the ****ing duckboats! Actually nevermind. They’re probably still warm from our last parade.

Old
07-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Looks like Asomugha to the Jets is happening.

It does look scary, the two best CBs in the NFL lining up on the same play, and this will shut down a majority of the passing offenses they face, but though it may slow us a bit, the Pats have too many weapons in the passing game, and by tying up so much in two guys, it weakens the depth of the rest of their defensive backfield. If Branch and Ocho line up wide, we can still put Welker in the slot, one of Gronk/Hernandez, and wheel Woodhead/Faulk out of the backfield and catch someone in a mismatch.

Plus, with the big contracts to Holmes and Nnamdi, Braylon Edwards is as good as gone, and that's a big loss. Mark Sanchez isn't going to be so efficient without two legit deep threats. The Jets are going to compete this year, and matchups with the Pats will be great, but we're still a cut above them.

Old
07-28-2011, 10:58 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

I love Chad Johnson. I don't think he's as much a distraction as Moss was coming into the Pats. With Moss, it was all about changing his sulking attitude and quitting when things weren't going his way. With Johnson, he's exuberant and emotional to a fault. I'd much rather deal with the latter than the former in terms of dealing ( and attempting to change ) attitudes.

Old
07-28-2011, 10:59 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

I love this line:

Quote:
They're no longer the New England Patriots. They're Father Belichick's Home for Wayward Youths

Old
07-28-2011, 11:07 PM
BobbyMarks1

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemlessglass View Post
Ain't gonna happen. GMen come to Foxboro on Nov.6th if memory serves me to send a remimder to the Pats what a great team really is.(Tongue planted firmly in cheek).
The Giants? They won in 08... Due to one of the luckiest plays in NFL history. 99 times out of 100 they lose that game. This year's Giants stand about the same chance. Coming on to the Patriots thread and bashing the Pats with that game is the same as going to the Canadiens' board to bash them about how Komisarek got his face torn off by Lucic in the playoffs 2 years ago.
Stop Trolling.

Closed Thread