HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mathieu Carle traded to Ducks for Mark Mitera

Old
07-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
LMAO saw Carle out at a bar just last night.
Did he get out on a stretcher ?

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 02:49 PM
SB164

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggo Mortensen View Post
Canadiens' page on Facebook announcing the trade is hilarious. The comments are gold, there's only 1 comment making sens and its mine hehe
Lol I was reading the comments from the official Canadiens page and another unofficial Habs page on Facebook as well, here are some of the gems:

When will we get a real hockey team?

un quebecois de gatineau contre un nowhere de jsais pas ou... c bin les habs sa !

Why don't the habs get some toughness.
Please stop bringing small players in.

Who the **** is Mark Mitera and why are we trading a Quebecois for him!!! -.-

Last edited by SB164: 07-15-2011 at 02:57 PM.
SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 02:50 PM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Did he get out on a stretcher ?
I was surprised but he's actually built like a tank.

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 02:51 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
He hasn't been the same since his ACL reconstruction, but I still believe he has the potential to be a defensive presence.
Maybe our guys can toy with it and rebuild him 1. Afterall we got experience with Gorges and Markov.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Just realized Mitera is still on his ELC, he's waiver ineligible. This will help the Habs' depth, with the team able to move Mitera, Diaz and Nash between Hamilton and Montreal without risking losing any of them.
Indeed. That's one of the important details involving flexibility that 99% of the people around here miss 99% of the time.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I was reading the comments from the official Canadiens page and another unofficial Habs page on Facebook, here are some of the gems:

When will we get a real hockey team?

un quebecois de gatineau contre un nowhere de jsais pas ou... c bin les habs sa !

Why don't the habs get some toughness.
Please stop bringing small players in.

Who the **** is Mark Mitera and why are we trading a Quebecois for him!!! -.-
There's your problem right there.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:00 PM
neofury*

Facebook comments on hockey are usually hilarious. Normally you can actually pick out the HFboards posters in the list just by seeing the comments that are common around here

Then you get a bunch of rednecks from bucktown crying about unrelated crap.

Though lately it seems a lot of those facebook retards have discovered HF and use HF as a means to drop dumb one liners against management in each and every thread

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:03 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Facebook comments on hockey are usually hilarious. Normally you can actually pick out the HFboards posters in the list just by seeing the comments that are common around here

Then you get a bunch of rednecks from bucktown crying about unrelated crap.

Though lately it seems a lot of those facebook retards have discovered HF and use HF as a means to drop dumb one liners against management in each and every thread
And some Bruins Fans trying to sound witty.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:04 PM
LePoche69

Can we say now that Habs' 2006 draft was a failure?

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:08 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Well if the Habs had to sacrifice en entire draft class only to get one gritty guy, White, it was worth it.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:19 PM
le_sean

Any chance this is the guy the Habs wanted in 2006 but had to settle with Fischer?

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Well I don't think he needs to go through waivers like Carle (and we know he's not making the team) so win?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:26 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Well I don't think he needs to go through waivers like Carle (and we know he's not making the team) so win?
Sounds like it to me. I doubt Carle would have been claimed again this year but you never know...so good to get a warm body back for him just in casee. I remember liking Mitera back in 2006 but obviously his stock has cooled off considerably. Basically two guys who can't crack the big club getting a change of scenery, nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Any chance this is the guy the Habs wanted in 2006 but had to settle with Fischer?
Weird trend indeed.

2005:
4 Minnesota Benoit Pouliot
5 Mtl. Canadiens Carey Price

2006:
19 Anaheim Mark Mitera
20 Mtl. Canadiens David Fischer

2007:
12 Mtl. Canadiens Ryan McDonagh
13 St. Louis Lars Eller

Since we had no pick in 2008, looking at the 2009 draft we should be welcoming David Rundblad or Chris Kreider into the ranks soon

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:31 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
He played with Patches and Palushaj in 07-08.
He also played with Pateryn although that was the season he got hurt and missed the rest of the season.

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, Mitera was actually a guy Timmins was pretty high on in '06.
I don't remember hearing that. But I was never impressed with Mitera at Michigan and thought it was a bad pick by the Ducks back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
He already went through waivers last year and didn't get picked up
Carle passed waivers last year but that was after missing most of the previous season, so it wasn't a surprise that he passed. That said i could see him passing again, just that imo isn't not as much as a given as it was last year as he finally stayed healthy and had a solid season with 11 goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
What's Carle like? I'm guessing he'll be a fringe NHL / mainly AHL guy his career?

Personally I don't think Mitera will break into an regular NHL'er, but who knows, maybe a change of scenery will do good for him.
Carl's game is about offense. He's good on the PP, can dish the puck but also likes to pinch in. He's not great in his own end, not overly physical and not the fastest player out there but overall he's a solid AHL defensemen especially on the PP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
I think he might have captained Michigan, but not sure. Is that a C on his chest, or is that part of the Michigan jerseys?
Yes he wore the C his Senior year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
MaxPac, Palushaj, Mitera... looks like we are trying to assemble all of the recent NHL prospect Wolverines.
Habs do seem to like Michigan, Cammer, Komisarek, Pateryn, Bennett, Palushaj, Pac, Mitera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
It's not pretty, only White remains from the draft.

Fischer's comp pick, Maxwell, Carle and Valentenko all traded. At least we had a good '05 and '07 draft.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, Mitera was actually a guy Timmins was pretty high on in '06.
meh he was high on Fisher as well.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
I wonder if he has more of a shot at making the Ducks' line up
I think so. They can use some puck movers on their bottom pairing.

Too bad. I grew to like Carle, and think he has NHL potential. I like Mitera too, though, so not a big deal.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:43 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

So we got a little bigger and slightly younger? I thought the Ducks wanted Def. D for their youngsters. Wish the best to Carle. Now he can get a fresh start.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:49 PM
crystal ball

So, basically, this is a trade of an offensive D who'll never play for the Habs for a defensive D who'll never play for the Habs?

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Everybody who follows this board know how skeptical I was on Carle...and how incredibly high (maybe too much) I was on Mitera. At the time, Mitera for me was a sure bet to play in the NHL. Guaranteed. I'm stunned that his developement stalled and even now, there's no guarantee he will....but somehow I'd like to believe he will.

As far as Carle is concerned, well to me, it's clearly a case of helping the kid progress. So for him, it's a good move. Though, I had wish we would have seen Carle more in the NHL, his mindset wasn't the greatest at the start of his career. As a matter of fact, I'd go as far as to think that if they would have based themselves on the interviews, they would not have picked him. Having faster feet than Giroux should not have been the turning point.

Anyway, in the future, you won't have me whine about that trade. Based on how big a Mitera fan I was and how a Carle non-fan I was....But based on opportunity and ceiling, it is slighly possible that Carle makes it while Mitera doesn't. A guy like Mitera with the body that he has, if he's still not in the NHL....possible he doesn't make it. Needs to improve his skating and his understanding of the game. While for Carle, it was a lot about injuries and mental aspects. If that can be worked out....we might see a Carle in a NHL arena near you....But even so, I like the trade. Let's hope it gets Mitera on a good development path. He'll feel right at home with all those Americans....Beginning to think I'll cheer for the US at the next Olympics...

And some of you know who my favorite NCAA team is.....so again, won't be dissapointed. Go Wolverines!!!!

2 guys from the US I was really high on in 2006....Mitera and McBain. We know what McBain can do....Mitera needs to step on it now.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 07-15-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 04:28 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
According to a source of mine, he asked for a trade yesterday morning because Cole stole his number.
Sorry but that is not credible

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Just realized Mitera is still on his ELC, he's waiver ineligible. This will help the Habs' depth, with the team able to move Mitera, Diaz and Nash between Hamilton and Montreal without risking losing any of them.
This was the very first thing i thought of when i saw the trade happened, just now. Like with the Palushaj/d'agostini trade, gauthier likes making deals that are built around gaining more flexibility. Kind of surprised he's still on his ELC, but i'll take your word for it.

Good trade, overall. Like many others have said, we are short on defensive d-men types in our system, so the trade makes a lot of sense.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 05:28 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
These sorts of trades dont seem to work out for Montreal. Could PG have gotten a pick for Carle?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Physical HABuse

I thought the issue with Mitera in his draft was that he was slow....and boring. By boring, I mean he did everything good but not great. However, people talked about him being a slow skater. Am I wrong? Has the improved since then?

Physical HABuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Blunden and Mitera were highly touted a couple years back. I kinda like these kind of trades, low risk and potentially good reward.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 06:17 PM
DumFries

I don't like these kind of moves, the trading for the sake of trading. Second in the past few weeks. Gauthier seems to collect other teams problems. At least, keep your assets and trade for a good NHL player or get some picks in return instead of AHL players that are behind in development. The team keeps collecting these former high round picks that go nowhere. I am not too high on Mitera nor Blunden. Pouliot was a good fighter at least. He obliterated Krejci with one punch. He also scored some 15 goals. I am not sure the Blundens and Miteras of this world will give you any offense nor are they capable of winning fights or fighting for that matter.

DumFries is offline   Reply With Quote