HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Campoli not coming back according to Bowman

Old
07-18-2011, 03:49 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

vCash: 500
I hope Leddy doesn't take Seabs 1st D pairing spot.

Seabrook > Leddy

Keith&Seabrook >>>>> Keith&Leddy

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 04:41 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post

Seabrook > Leddy

Don't worry I was hoping no Sophomore slump and him getting sent down. Long way away from Seab's....he wouldn't get sent down but might end up in the bottom pairing. He needs to earn the 4 spot and not just be handed it because Campbell is gone.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 04:47 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I dont think Lepisto is near as good as Campoli, but Lepisto at his current salary vs Campoli at 3 million is an easy choice, Lepisto is better suited as a #6-7 imo and I'd think thats where he will be with your new defense.
Hmmmm .... ain't gonna win ya much though is it?

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 05:18 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post

Seabrook > Leddy

I'd rather see Keith/Hjalmarsson Seabrook/Leddy than Keith/Seabrook Hjalmarsson/Leddy

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Hawkaholic

I said a couple days ago that everyone is going to have their own pairings for how the D should look, and I expect to see Seabs and Keith together for a 10-15mins a night, and Keith/Leddy, or Keith/Montador the other 5-10mins.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 11:19 PM
DewsSox79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I said a couple days ago that everyone is going to have their own pairings for how the D should look, and I expect to see Seabs and Keith together for a 10-15mins a night, and Keith/Leddy, or Keith/Montador the other 5-10mins.
I believe you are right on!

DewsSox79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:10 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

we will see Keith/Seabrook and Keith/Leddy during the year. 82 games is a long time

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 02:42 AM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
If Lepisto replacing Campoli on the roster is the difference between winning and losing then this team has more problems than I thought.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 07:17 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Itís a cumulative effect. Our d may be a little tougher this year but losing Campoli and Campbell in one swoop will be difficult to overcome. Our puck moving ability from the back end is no where near where it was last season. This will impair our puck possession game (if that is our style anymore).
The future is now and I absolutely hate the idea of downgrading our team and saving for a fairy tale acquisition (or Rocky's new yacht).

Old
07-19-2011, 07:46 AM
KyleJRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
If Lepisto replacing Campoli on the roster is the difference between winning and losing then this team has more problems than I thought.
Didn't we just make the playoffs by a game and lose a game 7 in overtime? Any player can be the difference. Granted, a small downgrade in a bottom-half defenseman probably isn't going to be the difference, but downgrades are still undesirable.

KyleJRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Hawkaholic

This whole debate about PMD on our team is ridiculous.What do you think made BC so expendable?

We have Keith, one of the best in the game, we have Seabrook who is damn good at outlet passes as well, and Leddy who is just starting to emerge and has the same instincts as BC.

I think you guys are overreacting a little bit to the whole PMD thing. Some teams don't have the amount of PMD's that we have, and they're fine!

Last edited by Hawkaholic: 07-19-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Itís a cumulative effect. Our d may be a little tougher this year but losing Campoli and Campbell in one swoop will be difficult to overcome. Our puck moving ability from the back end is no where near where it was last season. This will impair our puck possession game (if that is our style anymore).
The future is now and I absolutely hate the idea of downgrading our team and saving for a fairy tale acquisition (or Rocky's new yacht).
lol

Campbell is a lost for next year but Campoli is one of many. Lepisto isn't worse than him and Campoli isn't as good as you make him look like

Old
07-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Blackhawks4life

I'm not going to say i didn't want us to resign Campoli as he fit into the system perfectly, however you can only spend so much on your D and when you have 20mil locked up already before his signing.....there's only so much that can be thrown around. As I said before, I would rather have the cap space and tinker with the roster throughout the year then spend the entire cap before day 1 of the season. Even without Soupy, the 7 we have are a better unit then we started with last yr.
Stan knows what he is doing and I'm glad he isn't changing the template he envisions to get us back to the cup. See ya Campoli, winning obviously isn't that important to you.

Blackhawks4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:26 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Stanís quote from the Blackhawks website does give me some comfort that Hawks seemed to negotiate with CG and agent in good faith and Sami was enthusiastic about becoming a Hawk. At least that is something.

"We tried to work it out with Chris," Bowman said. "We worked our hardest. We went back and forth and made him our best offer and it didn't work for them. So we indicated that we're going to have to go another direction and they understand that. We ended up going to the free-agent market and we talked to a few people, but Sami was the guy that in speaking to him Ö he really wanted to be with the Blackhawks and that means a lot to us."

Old
07-19-2011, 01:34 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
If you mean with Lepisto, then I agree completely. Didn't say the Blackhawks have a better defense this year, just that with Campbell off the books and Campoli not getting 3 million, there is more efficient use of cap space.

I think the loss of Campbell and Campoli is going to really hurt this team in the short term unless Leddy really steps it up which I doubt.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Blackhawks4life

Leddy will do just fine plus the supporting cast is just as good as when we won the cup; not to mention Keith, Seabs and Hammer are gonna get better over the years, they are still young. We had Campbell, Sopel and Hendry/Boynton when we won the cup. I don't mind Leddy, Montador, O'donnell/Lepisto as the bottom 3. Campbell is a good Dman but c'mon guys, for 7 mil, he become a liability to the team. Hell, our bottom 4 of 7 D don't make 7 mill total. Let's see how good soupy is playing number 1 minutes and without a stud Dman beside him. As for Campoli, he played well here, no buddy has ever said he didnt but he also had the supporting cast around him. Montador is very underated; watch what he does with a quality dman every shift as well as playing with top flight forwards.
If Stan thought he could get away with a 1 yr 3 mill contract to Campoli, I'm sure he would have done that....he obviously has something up his sleeve.
One thing that hasn't been mentioned...what if the arbitration hearing favors the hawks and he gets 2.2-2.5? Is he now a hawk??

Blackhawks4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Cullksinikers

We have a good defense and will have plenty of cap hit worth we can afford to take in under the salary cap to have a pretty significant upgrade near the trade deadline. Tim Gleason is a name I brought back up recently.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawks4life View Post
Leddy will do just fine plus the supporting cast is just as good as when we won the cup; not to mention Keith, Seabs and Hammer are gonna get better over the years, they are still young. We had Campbell, Sopel and Hendry/Boynton when we won the cup. I don't mind Leddy, Montador, O'donnell/Lepisto as the bottom 3. Campbell is a good Dman but c'mon guys, for 7 mil, he become a liability to the team. Hell, our bottom 4 of 7 D don't make 7 mill total. Let's see how good soupy is playing number 1 minutes and without a stud Dman beside him. As for Campoli, he played well here, no buddy has ever said he didnt but he also had the supporting cast around him. Montador is very underated; watch what he does with a quality dman every shift as well as playing with top flight forwards.
If Stan thought he could get away with a 1 yr 3 mill contract to Campoli, I'm sure he would have done that....he obviously has something up his sleeve.
One thing that hasn't been mentioned...what if the arbitration hearing favors the hawks and he gets 2.2-2.5? Is he now a hawk??
no because the hawks will walk away. Campoli will become a UFA

Old
07-19-2011, 11:37 PM
LandofLincoln

maybe

I think it was BLACKHAWKS4LIFE that mentioned if the arbiter comes in cheap is Campoli a Hawk?

Remember when Dale signed Huet thinking he could move Khabby?

The only way they sign Campoli is this....If Stan Bowman has been talking with a few teams. I almost believe it would have to be 2 or 3 teams talking to Stan...like the Brouwer situation. And the GM's already have a price set 2.1 -2.3 ok Stan sign him and deal him here is a 4th rounder. If Campoli comes in high at arbitration somebody will sign him but the Hawks simply part ways.

Honestly the more time Stan gives it thought the worse he looks.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 12:41 AM
DewsSox79

Having a true 2nd line center should be more of the concern at this point for all of us hawk fans.

DewsSox79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewsSox79 View Post
Having a true 2nd line center should be more of the concern at this point for all of us hawk fans.
There aren't many available that could be had without sending Olesz down to the AHL or buying him out. Wirtz has a say in one and Olesz's knee has a say in the other.

Old
07-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Honestly the more time Stan gives it thought the worse he looks.
I think that Bowman just wants to show everybody around the league that he makes the decision what the player gets and that he will only sign players that want to play for us. Campoli is a RFA and not worth more than a 3rd (even with a 2.2 contract). He lets him walk, no trade, nothing.
Don't forget we are talking about a #6 DMen that wants laughable 3 million

Old
07-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Cullksinikers

Lepisto, with improvements in some facets of his game, can become near the player Campoli currently is for $2.25 million less this year. If Bowman is unhappy with the way the defense is playing, he now has that flexibility to go out a defenseman near he trade deadline to solidify the defense.

Old
07-20-2011, 01:09 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Lepisto, with improvements in some facets of his game, can become near the player Campoli currently is for $2.25 million less this year. If Bowman is unhappy with the way the defense is playing, he now has that flexibility to go out a defenseman near he trade deadline to solidify the defense.
we have a deep Prospect Pool and have our 1st and 2nd. I would like a Deadline Deal with the Canes.

1st + Holl for Ruutu and Gleason

Old
07-20-2011, 01:18 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
we have a deep Prospect Pool and have our 1st and 2nd. I would like a Deadline Deal with the Canes.

1st + Holl for Ruutu and Gleason
I like Gleason, but I want to see how Ruutu does next year.