HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Re-Sign Lewis (2yrs) Zatkoff, Cliche, Meckler, Clune, Campbell, Mullen (1yr)

Old
07-15-2011, 05:34 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

vCash: 500
We've come a long way brother Trevor. No one believes you except for me, I was by your side throughout your ups & downs, being labelled a first-round bust to being a very important player last year. Very proud, keep working hard!

Hahahaha partying tonight is exactly what I'm doing

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Interesting note. Doesn't look like Cliche was a RFA yet, he just tacked a year onto his deal which already had a year left.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Johnny Utah

Is it just me or does DL and Soloman do a great job at contracts and get players locked up less than most NHL GM's do?

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 05:46 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
We've come a long way brother Trevor. No one believes you except for me, I was by your side throughout your ups & downs, being labelled a first-round bust to being a very important player last year. Very proud, keep working hard!

Hahahaha partying tonight is exactly what I'm doing
Hold your beans there mister, I have been right there with you. He has never been a bust to me.

So does this mean we can party?

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 05:48 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Is it just me or does DL and Soloman do a great job at contracts and get players locked up less than most NHL GM's do?
Yeah.

DL already has 15 players under contract for 12/13(hopefully 16 in the next few weeks). Most teams only have 10 or 11, and some have as few as 7.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Johnny Utah

Not only that but Lombardi would've never give Laich, Leino or Ehrhoff any of those deals....

Old
07-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Updated the charts with quite a bit, if you want to see how things are shaping up, just waiting on numbers: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=635510

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 06:15 PM
KingCanadain1976

gr8 signing i hope TL stays as our 4th line center for years. Anyone got the exact cap space number ? curious if what we have left to sign drew

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Johnny Utah

As predicted by most on the board all summer roughly about 10 million left I think....6-7 for Drew and 3 for trade deadline....

Old
07-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
As predicted by most on the board all summer roughly about 10 million left I think....6-7 for Drew and 3 for trade deadline....
With an additional $13.6M in cap space becoming available through expiring contracts (Penner, Mitchell, Stoll, Parse, Westgarth, Fraser). Should the Devils only re-sign Parise to a one-year contract, Parise will become a UFA in 2012. And if he does become a UFA on July 1, I would expect Dean Lombardi to aggressively pursue him (along with about 20 other General Managers).

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 06:41 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
With an additional $13.6M in cap space becoming available through expiring contracts (Penner, Mitchell, Stoll, Parse, Westgarth, Fraser). Should the Devils only re-sign Parise to a one-year contract, Parise will become a UFA in 2012. And if he does become a UFA on July 1, I would expect Dean Lombardi to aggressively pursue him (along with about 20 other General Managers).
As awesome as that would be, i'm not banking on it. I get the feeling that the acquisition to replace Penner on the depth chart will come via trade involving a goaltender and D Prospects.

Old
07-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
As awesome as that would be, i'm not banking on it. I get the feeling that the acquisition to replace Penner on the depth chart will come via trade involving a goaltender and D Prospects.
I don't see who could be had with that package that would be an upgrade over Penner.

Old
07-15-2011, 06:48 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I don't see who could be had with that package that would be an upgrade over Penner.
I don't know that it will be an upgrade, but I just don't see Dean giving Penner a multi-year deal with his track record.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Old
07-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Johnny Utah

Penner really has to have an amazing season to get a contract, I'm talking about 2006 or 2009 seasons where had big numbers and in 2006 stepped up in the playoffs.

Old
07-15-2011, 07:09 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

From NortonSports twitter (Elkin's agent):

#LAKings prospect and client @CoreyElkins will not be signing back with the #Kings for another season. Could be headed to Europe for a yr

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 07:11 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Kind of surprising, but makes sense.

Old
07-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Elkins had two pretty decent seasons in Manchester and looked good in his brief call up with the Kings. Could be better served getting more ice time (and getting paid more money) in Europe. At 26, he's also older than most of the other forwards in Manchester, and the Kings will retain his rights.

Old
07-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Ollie Weeks

....Holloway?

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 07:30 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

You have to imagine that holloway is insisting on a one way contract. He's earned it and should compete for hard for a spot this year. He either needs to be showed the team believes there is a spot for him with the team this year (which giving him a one way contract goes a long way towards) or he should be exploring his other options.

Likely the team sees him as a call up and probably does not want to pay him 600,000+ bucks to play for Manchester most of the year.

The rest of the Manchester RFAs were in no position to ask for one way deals, so it makes sense that holloway is the last of these to get done.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 07:33 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
From NortonSports twitter (Elkin's agent):

#LAKings prospect and client @CoreyElkins will not be signing back with the #Kings for another season. Could be headed to Europe for a yr
Quite a blow to Manchester, losing both Möller and Elkins. Thought Elkins had some nice potential but with our depth at C he was unlikely to get the call being behind Loktionov. And he's quite a bit older than most other prospects, he probably feels he needs to make some money while he's in his prime. Hopefully it's not the last we see of him but I kind of get the feeling he's going the way of Brady Murray.

BigBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 07:38 PM
HeadInjury

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
You have to imagine that holloway is insisting on a one way contract. He's earned it and should compete for hard for a spot this year. He either needs to be showed the team believes there is a spot for him with the team this year (which giving him a one way contract goes a long way towards) or he should be exploring his other options.

Likely the team sees him as a call up and probably does not want to pay him 600,000+ bucks to play for Manchester most of the year.

The rest of the Manchester RFAs were in no position to ask for one way deals, so it makes sense that holloway is the last of these to get done.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part.
I don't think that's it. He's never played in the NHL. It would be crazy for him to demand a one-way deal.

HeadInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 07:43 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
I don't think that's it. He's never played in the NHL. It would be crazy for him to demand a one-way deal.
This.

Maybe he's looking for more incentives should he see the NHL this year?

Old
07-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
JonathanQuick32

Quote:
Congrats to Trevor Lewis on the two year deal, the card table on the airplane is starting to come back together. #stillneeddewey

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 07:57 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
You could be right, probably are. Just a thought popped into my head. He's done everything and more for Manchester and out of everyone there besides Voynov, has nothing left to prove at that level. His desire and the Kings faith (or lack thereof) to play for the NHL has to ne a factor in his negotiations. Could just be discussions on term. I can't imagine he could be asking for a ton of money, so my head went to the other monetary factor in contracts for players like him.

I don't know what other incentives he could ask for though.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Capn Brown

I'm actually quite surprised that Meckler & Mullen were re-signed. For Meckler, doesn't the org. have enough 3rd & 4th line guys who probably won't ever set foot in the NHL? I was just assuming Czarnik would take his spot. Oh well, I guess Zeiler's spot is still up for grabs.

And Mullen? Yeah, like we needed that guy in Manchester due to our obvious lack of defenseman depth.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote