HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chris Kelly

Old
07-16-2011, 12:04 PM
bostonphoenix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
I think Kelly's too important to the Bruins so I don't think they want to move him.

If they did, would Sekera interest you guys at all? I'd love Buffalo to get a good 3rd line center and Kelly would be nice to have. Great PKer, can chip in offensively, good leader, and has a Cup ring. Maybe Kelly + for Sekera? Just throwing it out there.

I think I would definitely do this. Probably throw in a 3/2nd from 2013.

bostonphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 12:54 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
Kelly for a 3rd

You owe us for letting Chara walk, Chiarelli go, and trading you Kelly...

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Jdawg*
I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Originally said 4th rounder, but I agree, Boston has no reason to deal him, so it would take more. I can't see a team giving a 2nd, but I'd take it:

Krejci
Bergeron
Peverly
Campbell

are all fine at C.

If Pouliot or Caron or Sauve or Skinner/Knight are ready for top 9 duty, I'd be fine with Paille-Campbell-Thornton on the 4th line.
I think you meant Spooner Doc.

Jdawg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Kelly for a 3rd

You owe us for letting Chara walk, Chiarelli go, and trading you Kelly...
........ good point...3rd round it is

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy Rebound View Post
Professor Danglefest, sir, let me elucidate the reasonings behind my lineup:

1. Marchand and Bergeron are excellent defensively, and often matchup against the top lines for other teams... unless the Bruins' are finally sold on Seguin's defensive capabilities (and personally, I think he probably needs another year of seasoning in that regard), Caron (a strong defensive player) fits. yeah i understood why you had caron there, but im not entirely sure they need that. recchi definately wasnt that guy and they were highly successful last year. now imagine replacing recchi with a finisher who can also deal, which is what seguin is/can be, the back and forth passing before any one of the 3 puts it in the back of the net would be crazy!

2. Marchand and Bergeron are good cyclers, but lack a strong net-front presence despite their tenacity. Caron is exactly that, his 6'2, 200lbs frame works well screening goalies and in front of the crease - as far as I'm concerned - that's not in Seggy's game. again i can see the upside of having this be the case, but id rather try seguin there first, rather than hand caron 2nd line minutes

3. While I'd agree, Pouliot has inspired no confidence in me and unless he wows me and I'd much rather have another of our youngsters (Knight or Spooner, pref.)... He does provide the physicality and size to round-out what would be a very "small" line (at least in terms of playstyle). He also provides a bit of protection for those who might take liberties with Segs.

....buuut back to topic:

Kelly's a solid player, and I loved seeing "The Cage" perform so surprisingly well during this postseason...it'd be hard to see him go. That said, he's a UFA in a year, he occupies a bottom six role on this team, and could certainly earn a decent return(perhaps not second rounder, but 3rd or 4th?).

With a core of stalwart and impressive youths on the verge of breaking down the door to the Garden, I think it's within reason to suggest that for a decent pick or a middling forward or goalie prospect, he could be had.
wouldnt be heartbrken if kelly is traded, although he seems like a great lockerroom guy

BTW didnt mean to come off as offensive in my first post if thats how you took it, bruins fan to bruins fan

Old
07-16-2011, 03:56 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
That redundancy as you call it was a major factor in us winning the cup. Having 2 centers on every line won us over 50% of the faceoffs. Who would you prefer kill penalties? Thornton? Lucic? Horton? His job isnt to really to chip in offensively, It is to KILL PENALTIES AND WIN FACEOFFSKelly fits our system perfectly. Hows about we dont trade him ok pumpkin?
cant take anyone seriously who uses a personal pronoun to describe winning the Cup

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 04:59 PM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

1. Trading Kelly right now makes absolutely 0 sense. He was a major contributor during the playoffs, plays the PK, has good speed (which the Bruins lack in their top 9 outside of Seguin & Peverley), and on top of this all the Bruins aren't even close to the cap.

2. Everyone is so eager to give Pouliot a starting spot purely on the basis of Ryder leaving and knowing the Claude loves his veterans. I know Pouliot would be pretty useless on the fourth line, but has anyone ever given thought to having him earn his ice time just like everyone else? I would like to think that's how the Bruins brass would be moving forward. He was given a $1 million 1 year contract which is more of a "prove your worth" type of deal, rather than a "here's your guaranteed starting spot" type of deal.

3. If the Bruins were to trade Kelly it would be at the deadline for a pick or a goalie prospect. Khudobin has a solid clamp down on the #3 spot and is likely Tuukka's back-up when Thomas' contract is up, but beyond Khudobin the Bruins don't have much more depth at that position in terms of prospects who will be near NHL play ready within the next few years (Gothberg is just entering UND this upcoming year). The Bruins don't need any more center, forward, or defenseman prospects as there are around 4-5 guys in each category that will be knocking on the door within the next 2-3 years. In this scenario (the Bruins trading Kelly), one of those prospects (Caron, Knight, Spooner, Sauve, or Arniel) or even Pouliot would have to be lights out at camp and continue to impress throughout the season (think Marchand-esque). I could also see the Bruins trying to deal him if it is known that he would be asking for too much money with him being an UFA next offseason, therefore compromising the ability of the Bruins to be able to lock down their core who are all up for new contracts within the next 2 offseasons.

4. As far as I'm concerned, the Bruins look good for another long playoff run this next season, and I'd be more comfortable having Kelly be there for that if none of the above is likely (asking for too much money, a prospect or Pouliot outplaying him, no decent trading options available etc).

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:18 PM
TooMuchMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
wouldnt be heartbrken if kelly is traded, although he seems like a great lockerroom guy

BTW didnt mean to come off as offensive in my first post if thats how you took it, bruins fan to bruins fan
Not at all Lt. Danglefest, I am always open to lively and even heated discussion, and I do respect your opinions... If you do ever listen to LFH Radio, you know I'm quite the bombastic eccentric with sometimes ludicrous opinions. But all the same, thanks!

TooMuchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:03 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy Rebound View Post
Not at all Lt. Danglefest, I am always open to lively and even heated discussion, and I do respect your opinions... If you do ever listen to LFH Radio, you know I'm quite the bombastic eccentric with sometimes ludicrous opinions. But all the same, thanks!
did not know that whats the station frequancy? FM/AM?

ill have to tune in while at work

Old
07-17-2011, 03:53 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

Given Boston's depth in net, this trade wouldn't be possible. But I'd also be willing to dangle Enroth for a package involving a Kelly-caliber center. Other Sabres fans might not agree with me, but I don't like the way the negotiations are going right now; it might be best to deal his rights and start the slate clean with Leggio.

GerbeSonOfGloin is offline   Reply With Quote