HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[CGY] Brendan Morrison re-signed (1 year, $1.25M)

Old
07-16-2011, 01:22 PM
blankall

vCash: 500
uhh... why is it so hard to understand. The Flames are not going to blow it up right now.

If the Flames were going to move Iggy and Kipper it would make a lot more sense to do it at the deadline anyways. Even then, depending on how things are going, it might make more sense to hang onto them and add a big free agent with the 20+ milliion in cap space they will have.

Just because the Flames don't have a top 6 entirely loaded with PPG players, that doesn't mean they have no chance of winning. There were only 7 players in the league with more than 80 points last year.

The Flames had two players in the top 30 in scoring, which makes for a great first line. Bourque and Jokinen make the foundations for a solid second line.

Flames fans are fine with the team right now. We don't need to spend the next 8 years being the Florida Panthers.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Carolinas Identity
#ducksbadnwagon :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
uhh... why is it so hard to understand. The Flames are not going to blow it up right now.

If the Flames were going to move Iggy and Kipper it would make a lot more sense to do it at the deadline anyways. Even then, depending on how things are going, it might make more sense to hang onto them and add a big free agent with the 20+ milliion in cap space they will have.

Just because the Flames don't have a top 6 entirely loaded with PPG players, that doesn't mean they have no chance of winning. There were only 7 players in the league with more than 80 points last year.

The Flames had two players in the top 30 in scoring, which makes for a great first line. Bourque and Jokinen make the foundations for a solid second line.

Flames fans are fine with the team right now. We don't need to spend the next 8 years being the Florida Panthers.
I'm not saying blow it up, I'm just saying look for ways to improve and get younger. ie just as an example, look what the Caps got for Varlamov. Hypothetically speaking, if the Avs called u and offered those 2 picks for Miika wouldn't u at least be intrigued? I mean, as deep as the draft is expected to be next year, and there're worse places to be than with a Karlsson//Irving tandem

Carolinas Identity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 03:39 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneInCalgary View Post
I'm not saying blow it up, I'm just saying look for ways to improve and get younger. ie just as an example, look what the Caps got for Varlamov. Hypothetically speaking, if the Avs called u and offered those 2 picks for Miika wouldn't u at least be intrigued? I mean, as deep as the draft is expected to be next year, and there're worse places to be than with a Karlsson//Irving tandem
I guarantee you the only the player the Flames have been getting those kind of offers for is Iggy. Look at the Regehr return.

If you trade Iggy the Flames become a lottery pick team over night. Purposely tanking for the hope of picking a great player in the lottery doesn't always work. I'd rather take a shot next off season at signign a big free agent or two with the available cap space than become the next: Islanders, Florida, Edmonton, etc...

If the team totally blows it this year, I'd consider the rebuild, but it's definitely premature right now.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Miller Time

great signing...

really wanted the habs to make an offer, great value @ such a low cap hit.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:21 AM
BacklundtoBartschi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey View Post
Isn't this almost the exact same team (less Regehr) that Sutter put together at the beginning of last year?

Wow, Feaster is sure putting his stamp on the team
He wants to see if the team can play like the 27-11-3 2nd half team tat they showed before overhauling.

BacklundtoBartschi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:46 AM
Carolinas Identity
#ducksbadnwagon :)

Well regardless of everything else, I still love this signing on principal and best of luck to the Flames this coming season. Any team with The Anton on it has to be at least respectable right?

Carolinas Identity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Silvesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSexualManCrush View Post
I mean the following statement with no disrespect:

Can anybody else believe that the Calgary Flames are in win now mode? Is everybody outside of the organization oblivious to the fact that they need to rebuild? They have absolutely no chance to do anything in the playoffs and are still two ignorant to trade there 2 biggest assets (Kipper and Iggy).

Honesty, the management is on auto pilot. What a mess of a franchise. It's a real shame, cause the fans out there deserve better.
You don't rebuild when you have a proven goalie.

Sorry

Why would we trade the Heart and Soul of Calgary? Iginla is staying a Flame until he's at least 42.

Kipper I can see him going, but why? He's 34 and has only 2-3 GOOD seasons left, if that.

Not ignorant, smart

Silvesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Silvesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacklundtoBartschi View Post
He wants to see if the team can play like the 27-11-3 2nd half team tat they showed before overhauling.
Which I am sure they can. Regehr and Jay Bouwmeester were NOT a good defensive pairing.

Sure they played 25+ mins a game against top lines, but think about it. They were on the ice when the goals went in the majority of the time. Someone had to go, and who wants Bouwmeesters contract when he's gettin paid 6 million too much? Plus he's young and very skillful

Old
07-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Signature
Kings of the Rebuild

vCash: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvesta View Post
Which I am sure they can. Regehr and Jay Bouwmeester were NOT a good defensive pairing.

Sure they played 25+ mins a game against top lines, but think about it. They were on the ice when the goals went in the majority of the time. Someone had to go, and who wants Bouwmeesters contract when he's gettin paid 6 million too much? Plus he's young and very skillful
Congratulations, you win the dumbest post of the week award.

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Silvesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
Congratulations, you win the dumbest post of the week award.
You obviously don't watch hockey then, troll more plox

Old
07-17-2011, 06:11 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
You obviously don't watch hockey then, troll more plox
Yes, he's the one trolling when you believe Bouwmeester is only worthy of a 680,000 dollar contract.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 06:20 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneInCalgary View Post
We'd be rebuilding if we traded Kipper. This isn't NHL 11. There is no point in playing youngsters if they aren't ready.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 06:23 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
If they have B or A potential, then you bet your ass there's reason to play them. Send the C guys to the AHL though.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Silvesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Yes, he's the one trolling when you believe Bouwmeester is only worthy of a 680,000 dollar contract.
Exaggeration

The point of the matter is he isn't worth more than 3 million. Not in my books

Old
07-17-2011, 06:33 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Another year of Backlund not getting a true chance?
He if can't outplay Brendan Morrison, he doesn't deserve one.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 06:35 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
Quote:
Exaggeration

Thank Xenu you're not a GM, then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
He if can't outplay Brendan Morrison, he doesn't deserve one.
Exactly.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 06:54 PM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

Quote:
Exaggeration

You need to re-evaluate your books than