HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

#1 Defenseman (LH or Left Side) to the Blues

Old
07-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Rando Strange
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sacamanu View Post
I wish we hadn't, but we are strapped for cash to say the least. I guess management thought we needed the depth up front more than on D at this point.
So that would probably eliminate Kimmo Timonen from any discussion then huh? Not sure if either side would be willing to work a trade. Just a name that popped in my head reading the thread

Rando Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Celtic Note
Thanks very little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom720 View Post
hm?

Backes fills in on the third line for the Avs and Quincey would easily be the number 1 guy on the blue line for the Blues, plus hes left handed. hes certainly got the potential to be a number 1 guy, just needs to reach it.
How is a 60pt Backes, who was a Selke candidate and has captain material, a third liner?

I have no faith in Quincey becoming a #1 defenseman.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:50 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
hm?

Backes fills in on the third line for the Avs and Quincey would easily be the number 1 guy on the blue line for the Blues, plus hes left handed. hes certainly got the potential to be a number 1 guy, just needs to reach it.
Backes would play 1st line wing on the avs. Quincy would be debatably better then cola on the blues....

Pietrangelo, polak, shattenkirk, jackman would all be higher on the depth chart. No way you trade backes for a #5 dman on your team...

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Celtic Note
Thanks very little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
So that would probably eliminate Kimmo Timonen from any discussion then huh? Not sure if either side would be willing to work a trade. Just a name that popped in my head reading the thread
Timonen seems like he is on the decline, even if the decline isn't steep. Plus, that salary is probably too large and the Blues need the LHD to be around for a while or come cheap for the short term. I can't see how Timonen would work.

I do like Timonen and it would be cool to have him though.

Old
07-17-2011, 12:03 AM
sushi45

off topic question, why was Erik Johnson traded? wasnt he paired with Pietrangelo?

sushi45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Celtic Note
Thanks very little

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi45 View Post
off topic question, why was Erik Johnson traded? wasnt he paired with Pietrangelo?
Johnson was not panning out as hoped and COL provided an offer that was too good to pass up. As for EJ and Pietrangelo being paired together it might have happened a couple times, but that was due to injuries. Regularly they were not paired together, being as they are both RHD.

Old
07-17-2011, 12:11 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi45 View Post
No Johnson and pietrangelo are both right defensemen. Johnson was traded because of pietranglo's progress and potential to be a true number one defensemen.

Also the the blues received shattenkirk who is a top 4 defenseman in the Johnson deal. We also got Stewart who is a top line power forward basically we traded from a position of strength to fill a weakness.

Old
07-17-2011, 12:16 AM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widmore View Post
Whitney for Allen, Cole, 2nd
Oilers don't need more prospects. There aren't even spots on the farm let alone the main club.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:51 AM
danglzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
You can take Johnson back.
No thanks.

Quote:
hm?

God I hope you're joking...I honestly can't tell

danglzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 01:13 AM
kingsofLA

jj for stewart

kingsofLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:42 AM
HooliganX2

Berglund, Backes, Stewart, Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk are all a no go IMO for any trade.

Oshie, McDonald, Polak, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Allen or Cole are only in a deal for a young top pairing left Defenseman IMO. The player has to be a big upgrade over Jackman and Cola. Great defensively while still having a good offensive game.

I know that really limits and probably eliminates all trades and I am fine with that. I don't see the point in trading and creating a bigger hole on the team. A top pairing left defenseman is a luxury IMO not a need we have serviceable players right now. I think Cole will soon fill that spot so I really am not as worried as some other Blues fans.

Old
07-17-2011, 03:21 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Timonen seems like he is on the decline, even if the decline isn't steep. Plus, that salary is probably too large and the Blues need the LHD to be around for a while or come cheap for the short term. I can't see how Timonen would work.

I do like Timonen and it would be cool to have him though.
I think Timonen's salary is declining, so that would help the Blues. Small salary, large cap-hit is very nice to small - mid market teams under the current CBA.

I think Coburn would be a very nice fit, but he isn't leaving Philly for anything less than an overpayment.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 03:22 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Berglund, Backes, Stewart, Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk are all a no go IMO for any trade.

Oshie, McDonald, Polak, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Allen or Cole are only in a deal for a young top pairing left Defenseman IMO. The player has to be a big upgrade over Jackman and Cola. Great defensively while still having a good offensive game.

I know that really limits and probably eliminates all trades and I am fine with that. I don't see the point in trading and creating a bigger hole on the team. A top pairing left defenseman is a luxury IMO not a need we have serviceable players right now. I think Cole will soon fill that spot so I really am not as worried as some other Blues fans.
I can see Cole filling the hole nicely as well. But I worry about how long he can fill it with his concussion history.

Old
07-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Celtic Note
Thanks very little

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
I think Timonen's salary is declining, so that would help the Blues. Small salary, large cap-hit is very nice to small - mid market teams under the current CBA.

I think Coburn would be a very nice fit, but he isn't leaving Philly for anything less than an overpayment.
I totally missed reviewing his actual salary. I think $5M and $3M respectively could make sense. But I ask, why would Philly move him?

Old
07-17-2011, 01:00 PM
blinkman360
Norris

What about...

Andrew MacDonald for TJ Oshie?

I am contradicting myself because in another thread I wrote how MacDonald won't be traded unless it's apart of a package to bring in an elite player, but I'm a big Oshie fan and with de Haan arguably ready to step in right now, this could be possible. MacDonald is honestly more of a #3 right now, but he filled in on the top-pairing last year and didn't skip a beat so IMO he does have 1st pairing potential.

He looked like a legit #2 defenseman playing next to Hamonic last year, so I'm assuming he will look the same playing with Pietrangelo.

As for the Islanders, Oshie-Tavares-Moulson would be absolute beast. I love Oshie's game and love the idea of his game on Tavares' line even more.

Doubt it ever happens but curious to see what fans of both sides think.

EDIT: BTW, MacDonald is locked up for 3 more years at 550K per year if you were wondering what his salary looked like.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 01:10 PM
SteenMachine

I think until Oshie gets a full season under his belt he'll stay out of trades that don't add from the top of the depth chart. Just not worth it to sell low on a guy who's never put in a full season's worth of scoring and healthy play to boost his market value to the team's internal value. Swapping him for another fringe guy who could reach their ceiling this year seems like a redundant move for a team that only needs that LHD as a means of having a complete on-paper line up. We'd gain some skill in the back-end and give up just as much hitting, backchecking, and PK skill in Oshie to do it, so just too lateral.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 01:41 PM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
What about...

Andrew MacDonald for TJ Oshie?

I am contradicting myself because in another thread I wrote how MacDonald won't be traded unless it's apart of a package to bring in an elite player, but I'm a big Oshie fan and with de Haan arguably ready to step in right now, this could be possible. MacDonald is honestly more of a #3 right now, but he filled in on the top-pairing last year and didn't skip a beat so IMO he does have 1st pairing potential.

He looked like a legit #2 defenseman playing next to Hamonic last year, so I'm assuming he will look the same playing with Pietrangelo.

As for the Islanders, Oshie-Tavares-Moulson would be absolute beast. I love Oshie's game and love the idea of his game on Tavares' line even more.

Doubt it ever happens but curious to see what fans of both sides think.

EDIT: BTW, MacDonald is locked up for 3 more years at 550K per year if you were wondering what his salary looked like.
I think we should just blow everyone's mind and trade Andy McDonald for Andrew MacDonald.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 03:11 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
And you wonder why Leaf fans have the reputation around here that they do. Komisarek is NOT a top pairing Dman, he's (at best) a bottom pairing Dman. Nobody will give you a 2nd for that. He is nothing more than a salary dump, that Leaf fans try to pawn off in every proposal. You'd have to GIVE a team a 2nd round pick to get rid of him (and any GM that took just a 2nd to take on that salary would win the Mike Milbury award).

Face it, Leaf fans, you aren't getting rid of that contract without taking an equally bad or worse one back. I don't know why I try though, as I know that this will fall on deaf ears. I'm sure this is just a troll post anyway.
I think it's pretty safe to say that it was a sarcastic post. Us Leafs fans know that Komisarek can't be moved this season...and that even if he was, we'd have to give-up something for a team to take him, not the other way around.

It's odd that one post from a Leafs fan equals the consensus of the fanbase, but one post from any other fan is just an individual opinion.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 05:22 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
I think we should just blow everyone's mind and trade Andy McDonald for Andrew MacDonald.
HF would explode more than when seabrook was traded

falconski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 05:36 PM
illbebackes
You've been Oshied!

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but if guaranteed an extension would be signed, I'd swap Backes for Suter.

Suter-Pietrangelo would be BEAST.

illbebackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 07:04 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaw88 View Post
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but if guaranteed an extension would be signed, I'd swap Backes for Suter.

Suter-Pietrangelo would be BEAST.
Yes, you would be in the minority. Even though Suter and Pietrangelo would make one of the best pairings in hockey, we won't be trading Backes anytime soon, especially to the Predators.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 07:26 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
I totally missed reviewing his actual salary. I think $5M and $3M respectively could make sense. But I ask, why would Philly move him?
I don't think they would. But he would be an ideal fit for what the Blues are looking for.

The Blues and other cap-floor teams will likely be trading for players with diminishing salary contracts over the next few season baring drastic change in the next CBA.

Old
07-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

I'd consider moving Edler for Backes and Pietrangelo. That may be a lateral move for the Blues though, I'm not sure if that's the type of deal they would bother doing.

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Yes, you would be in the minority. Even though Suter and Pietrangelo would make one of the best pairings in hockey, we won't be trading Backes anytime soon, especially to the Predators.
Your insane. This makes my above Edler propsal look foolish. If you can get a signed Suter for Backes, you do it. Suter is a legit #1 dman who by many accounts is better than Weber, if I'm the Blues I take that and run. There's no way Nashville does this trade though, in my eyes the value is far off.

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 08:23 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I'd consider moving Edler for Backes and Pietrangelo. That may be a lateral move for the Blues though, I'm not sure if that's the type of deal they would bother doing.
You'd consider it? The point of the thread is to get a defensive minded partner for Petro. Blues wouldn't move Petro for Edler straight up. Not sure if this post is serious or not.

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote