HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation-It all goes here; Part III

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2011, 07:00 PM
PaperRockChamp

vCash: 50
This horse is already beaten but look what WSH was able to get for Varly. Semin has the ability, if healthy, to out-point Ovechkin. He can score 100 pts, with or without outscoring AO. On production potential he's top 15, maybe top 10 in the league. Only thing is his back issues

Old
07-20-2011, 02:49 AM
teucer

vCash: 500
I have a feeling Bogo will be dealt. Despite what Chevy has said about building around Bogo. I noticed jets were interested in Hartikainan... but Oilers didn't want to deal for just bogo. Who would you guys throw in the mix?

I see Nikolai Khabibulin has 2 years left on his contract, which he will probably be done his career after that... and if they were to pick up Chris Mason he could fill the void for having a veteran goalie. Since they got Devan Dubnyk, and Yann Davis now... But that would mean we need a goalie aswell

Last edited by teucer: 07-20-2011 at 03:04 AM.
Old
07-20-2011, 08:27 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by teucer View Post
I have a feeling Bogo will be dealt. Despite what Chevy has said about building around Bogo. I noticed jets were interested in Hartikainan... but Oilers didn't want to deal for just bogo. Who would you guys throw in the mix?

I see Nikolai Khabibulin has 2 years left on his contract, which he will probably be done his career after that... and if they were to pick up Chris Mason he could fill the void for having a veteran goalie. Since they got Devan Dubnyk, and Yann Davis now... But that would mean we need a goalie aswell
Bogosian is not going to get moved, but playing hypothetical here, Winnipeg is not the team that would have to add a player if Bogosian and Hartikainen were involved.

Bogosian is a 20 year old defenseman with a ton of talent and still has a lot to learn. They should only move him if he doesn't want to play here, although all other indications are that he does

Old
07-20-2011, 09:03 AM
DinoNeils

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Bogosian is not going to get moved, but playing hypothetical here, Winnipeg is not the team that would have to add a player if Bogosian and Hartikainen were involved.

Bogosian is a 20 year old defenseman with a ton of talent and still has a lot to learn. They should only move him if he doesn't want to play here, although all other indications are that he does
Agreed!!

We need to put all this Bogo talk to bed; we aren't moving him. The only way we even consider dealing him is if a a top 6 forward/ top four d-man and a first is involved.

I would be very suprised if any of our roster players are involved in a trade before the season.

Old
07-20-2011, 01:39 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

People keep phoning into the Oilers lunch on 1260 with trade proposals involving Bogosian and gagner. Bob Staufer keeps saying Winnipeg will not be moving him.

Old
07-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by teucer View Post

I had to read this 3 times to really try and grasp what you think the deal would be.

I can't imagine many thinking that Hartikainen being fair return for Bogosian straight up. Before you say I don't know about Hartikainen, I was an avid Oilers fan for the past 7 years. I know he's a big body and is going to be a good one. However, his value doesn't approach Bogosians. Then you suggest we should add another player in Mason?
Besides, with the extremely skilled forward corps the Oilers have assembled, they'd probably be more willing to trade a young gun, than a guy like Hartikainen. He provides that young corps with grit and a grinding ability. You need balance on your team, not just one type of player.

07-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Bogosian+Burmistrov+2nd+4th rounder for Zach Parise.

Ideally, I would like to see this as the Jets opening night lineup:

Parise-Little-Wheeler

Ladd-Antropov-Kane

Klingberg-Slater-Fehr

Glass-Cormier-Rypien
Thorburn/Stapleton

Byfuglien-Oduya
Enstrom-Stuart
Hainsey-Jones
Meech

Pavelec
Mason

What do you think Winnipeg?

Old
07-20-2011, 02:29 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post

Parise-Little-Wheeler

Ladd-Antropov-Kane

Klingberg-Slater-Fehr

Glass-Cormier-Rypien
Thorburn/Stapleton

Byfuglien-Oduya
Enstrom-Stuart
Hainsey-Jones
Meech

Pavelec
Mason

I was a Devils fan before the Jets returned, so I love Parise. But I would not give up that much for him. It's not a knock on him, but Bogo plus Burmi is a lot right there, plus the picks to help us build further.

I would do Bogo+Antropov and a 3rd for Parise and a 4th.
I think if the Devils could put Antropov back with Kovy it'd be great for them.

Old
07-20-2011, 02:35 PM
pcanuck

I'd do Bogo (worth a 1st and 2nd b/c he's still a RFA) + Antropov (worth 3rd b/c of his salary) for Parise (likely worth 2 firsts) straight up

Old
07-20-2011, 02:44 PM
pcanuck

Bogo shouldn't be moved ... at 21 he's still filling out and learning the game.

BUT the fact that he doesn't want to sign his RFA tender is shocking to me at this point. He should take the one year deal and prepare for arbitration next year unless he wants a trade. Chevy's comments, that it could take all summer, is also telling. Something could be happening - hence, all the rumors. EDM, FLA, NYR, PHI all have great prospects and could be trade partners. All those teams could use Bogo too. I'm sure they've called.

Old
07-20-2011, 02:45 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
I'd do Bogo (worth a 1st and 2nd b/c he's still a RFA) + Antropov (worth 3rd b/c of his salary) for Parise (likely worth 2 firsts) straight up
I would do it straight up in a heart beat, but I think that the Devils would need a little more thrown their way. Obviously though none of this will ever happen

Old
07-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

Quote:

Parise-Little-Wheeler

Ladd-Antropov-Kane

Klingberg-Slater-Fehr

Glass-Cormier-Rypien
Thorburn/Stapleton

Byfuglien-Oduya
Enstrom-Stuart
Hainsey-Jones
Meech

Pavelec
Mason

Parise is a gem and I'd love him, but not at the expense of 2 of our building blocks. We just aren't going to be better down the road with that deal, and we aren't going to win the cup in the next couple years so it makes no sense.

Also, since all the Bogosian trade rumors are completely unsubstantiated, I think it's safe to continue the discussion in the trade rumors thread, so I'm going to merge the threads.

Old
07-20-2011, 04:52 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:

Parise-Little-Wheeler

Ladd-Antropov-Kane

Klingberg-Slater-Fehr

Glass-Cormier-Rypien
Thorburn/Stapleton

Byfuglien-Oduya
Enstrom-Stuart
Hainsey-Jones
Meech

Pavelec
Mason

You're taking away defense and center. Defense is a position of some strength with this team. Center is solid but you get rid of Burmi and you're screwed. Just to add to a position of strength? It makes no sense.

Old
07-20-2011, 06:11 PM
AWSAA

Outside of Enstrom & potentially Bogosian the blueline looks pretty questionable moving forward IMO. We'll see how Buf does this year, but I still think he belongs on the wing.

Last edited by AWSAA: 07-20-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old
07-20-2011, 09:00 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_wildstabatanything View Post
Outside of Enstrom & potentially Bogosian the blueline looks pretty questionable moving forward IMO. We'll see how Buf does this year, but I still think he belongs on the wing.
You have just seen him effective on the wing against Vancouver. That's the only team he's been successful against on the wing and even then it was usually only the PP.

Old
07-20-2011, 11:26 PM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
tell edmonton well trade them Bogosian for RNH and Taylor Hall

Old
07-20-2011, 11:50 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
tell edmonton well trade them Bogosian for RNH and Taylor Hall
I'm sure they'll jump all over that.

Old
07-21-2011, 06:13 AM
Pongs21

From Eklunds new blog.... "It is early in the AM, but I finally have some confirmation on my rumors involving Doughty and Luke Schenn.

The rumor is the Winnipeg Jets have let it be known to both Toronto and LA that they are waiting in the wings with "an offer that would be hard to refuse" if negotiations with either team's stars doesn't go well.

All indications are the Kings were waiting for Stamkos and Weber to set the bar, but now as we see Stamkos signed, it all turns to Weber...because, well the Stamkos contract was not what anyone really expected...short term, low money...essentially the most risky contract a team has inked with a superstar. The Kings will want more assurances, and won't want to let Doughty walk for nothing at 26.

And while Stamkos long-term in Tampa is now very much in question, most believe Doughty wants to remain a King and Schenn loves being a Leaf.

However, according to my sources we are looking more likely to see a Leafs/Schenn contract reached than a Doughty/Kings contract.

The offer from Winnipeg is pure speculation at this point..but I am told the Jets are "complete serious.."

Very doubtfull but just for fun, who do you think we would have to give to aquire said players??

Old
07-21-2011, 06:23 AM
King Woodballs
**** This Place

vCash: 375
I don't beleive Eklund for one second.
No way does Winnipeg got an offer for Doughty or Schenn.

That isn't their M.O.

Old
07-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Lux Aurumque*

MOD
He's one of the worst players in the NHL. He has little to no value. That's why he hasn't been moved yet. Chevy and co are hoping that he can start playing up to expectations, because the risk is better than the crappy return he'd net at this point.

Last edited by Fugu: 07-21-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: watch the generalized flaming
Old
07-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post
He's one of the worst players in the NHL. He has little to no value. That's why he hasn't been moved yet. Chevy and co are hoping that he can start playing up to expectations, because the risk is better than the crappy return he'd net at this point.
I disagree entirely. I have little doubts there would be multiple teams, depending on their situation of course, that would give a solid and respectable offer for Zach Bogosian.

A defenceman who just turned 21 days ago, was drafted 3rd overall 3 years ago and one that was touted just as good or better than Drew Doughty after their rookie seasons, still has value today, I would be sure.

Quit making him out to be some scrub on the side of the road. Although, if you'd like to believe that, feel free, all the power to you. I think you've got it all wrong if you think he hasn't been moved 'yet' because he has 'little to no value in the NHL'.

I would say Chevy and co. are hoping this young defenceman regains his confidence (in which I am positive this new staff will work with him to do) and become the top pairing, potential franchise defender that he still has the potential to be. You don't throw these type of prospects to the curb just because they've hit some bumps in their early and young career.

The risk of keeping Bogosian and working with him, hoping he flourishes into his potential is far better to take in my opinion than trading him off at this point.

Last edited by Guerzy: 07-21-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old
07-21-2011, 08:52 AM
trebendan

If Eklund's rumours have any credibility (which I highly doubt, in this case), to get Doughty, the Jets would probably have to give up Enstrom + ? (I don't know - Kane or Burmistrov?). To get Schenn, they'd have to give up Bogosian + ?. I think this is one of those Eklund rumours that has about a 1% chance of actually happening.

Old
07-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Pongs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
If Eklund's rumours have any credibility (which I highly doubt, in this case), to get Doughty, the Jets would probably have to give up Enstrom + ? (I don't know - Kane or Burmistrov?). To get Schenn, they'd have to give up Bogosian + ?. I think this is one of those Eklund rumours that has about a 1% chance of actually happening.
I agree

Old
07-21-2011, 09:17 AM
DinoNeils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post
You people are insane if you think Bogosian would net a top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman. He's one of the worst players in the NHL. He has little to no value. That's why he hasn't been moved yet. Chevy and co are hoping that he can start playing up to expectations, because the risk is better than the crappy return he'd net at this point.
Sorry man, but this is one of the craziest comments I have ever seen. I could say that Colton Orr will likely score 20+ goals this year and be more on the mark with my comment than what you are saying. Based soley on potential, Bogosian would definately get a top 6 forward or a top 4 defenseman; I would be willing to put my first born up in a bet on that. If Bogo was closing in on 30, I would say he is a marginal fifth or sixth defenseman.

Old
07-21-2011, 11:19 AM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Winnipeg doesn't have an offer for Schenn or Doughty. End of story.

Closed Thread