HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Winnipeg Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation-It all goes here; Part III

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2011, 07:30 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

vCash: 500
The only piece I'm interested in coming back from the oilers is Paajarvi and that isn't happening so I'd rather just keep Bogosian.

If he is being shopped to other teams, I'm sure there will be better options out there than Gagner. Packages built around the likes of Luke Adam from Buffalo or Blake Comeau from the NYI could be enticing.

Old
07-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Like I said in the previous thread--Looks like the Jets are dangling Bogo to a few teams
What brings you to this conclusion?

07-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Fishy Scales

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_wildstabatanything View Post
Bogo for Gagner? Excuse me... I'm going to be sick.
To be fair the reported offer is Bogo for Gagner and Petry. Petry is no slouch, which is why Oiler fans are on the fence on this one. Myself included.

Old
07-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Is there a credible link for this Bogosian trade rumor talk? I'd really like to see it if there is.

If not, I wont buy the speculation/rumors for a second.

Old
07-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Ok, I see the speculation thread on the trade boards. Is that twitter account being linked to the rumor a reliable source?

Old
07-17-2011, 09:33 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Ok, I see the speculation thread on the trade boards. Is that twitter account being linked to the rumor a reliable source?
Depends what you mean by reliable. But for the most part, no. She/he/it has called three or four things this summer. Sutton trade, Cogliano, Ryan Smyth and some other things I cant recall right now, but they/she/him/it has thrown A LOT of stuff against the wall, so take it for what it's worth.

Treena's Oil is for sure one of the most talked about entities in Oilerdom this summer.

She/he/it has been calling for the Oilers to trade another center and add another dman for quite a while now, so this could have some merit. Has also been saying the Oilers have been interested in Bogo for quite a while too.

Old
07-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Depends what you mean by reliable. But for the most part, no. She/he/it has called three or four things this summer. Sutton trade, Cogliano, Ryan Smyth and some other things I cant recall right now, but they/she/him/it has thrown A LOT of stuff against the wall, so take it for what it's worth.

Treena's Oil is for sure one of the most talked about entities in Oilerdom this summer.

She/he/it has been calling for the Oilers to trade another center and add another dman for quite a while now, so this could have some merit. Has also been saying the Oilers have been interested in Bogo for quite a while too.
Thanks.

I find it hard to believe after Chevy saying he envisions building the defence around Bogosian and/or him being a building block as we head forward. Something to that effect anyway.

Not that I trust what GM's say, but I do kinda trust Chevy when he says that.

Old
07-17-2011, 10:18 AM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

This is more of an observation rather than a rumour, and forgive me if someone else has mentioned it, but with the trade for Mc Ardle we now have four members of the Vancouver Giants 2007 Memorial Cup winning team: Kane (who was 15 year old at the time), Machacek, Mc Ardle, and Festerling. Now it is possible that only Kane makes the team, it is also possible that Mc Ardle and Machacek, who were linemates, could supplant Glass and Rypien for 4th line duties. I wonder if, given that chemistry which is already established, would the Jets also sign Mario Bliznak,who centred Mc Ardle and Machacek in Vancouver and was a good Moose player, for depth as well. And if Bogosian and Chevy can not reach a number, would there be any interest in acquiring Cody Franson or Jonathan Blum, two other members of the Giants winning team, as well, both rightys, in exchange for Bogosian, obviously with some other pieces involved? Just a thought on how to build chemistry.

To respond to Brian Boyle's previous comment, in offering Bogosian + (Cormier?) for Hamonic + Bailey we may end up with the better defenseman, certainly the shutdown defenseman that this team needs, and my reasoning is that the Isles, who have alot of potential with De Haan-Hamonic may prefer face value over talent. Let's be honest, they are not selling tickets, Bogosian is an upstate New York kid, who is probably a more effective marketing tool than the players exchanged, and the Isles need to sell tickets...It's a stretch, and would be a bad trade for them, although Bailey may come available if the Isles are going to use Tavares-Strome as their #1-2. I'm hoping Garth Snow is capable of a bad trade like his predecessor Maybe from the Isles Bogosian could get a 10 year-$45 million contract

I'm wondering where people think Bogosian projects to play if he is signed, who is our shutdown pair? Hainsey-Oduya? With Bogosian playing with Mark Stuart, a little toughness to back him up? Is Bogosian strong enough defensively to play shutdown minutes, with Hainsey? Seems like I read that they didn't play well together?

Old
07-17-2011, 11:40 AM
PaperRockChamp

Bogosian for Gagner+Prospect

I hope it is just that. A rumor. Bogosian should not be traded IMO.

Also, I am fairly new to actually participating in these boards, so if I have posted incorrectly, please let me know.

Cheers!

Edit: This was a Twitter rumor. I googled it, and it showed up on the Oilers HFBoard as well

Old
07-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
I've never been a fan of Gagner. I know he's young but he's just not my type of player.

I'd like to keep Bogosian for another year, if things don't work out then at that point we can start looking for trades.

Old
07-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Sethis

vCash: 725
Hola gents, Oilers fan weighing in here. Congrats on the team and hope to see you in our division soon!

First off, the source this is all coming from is a serious one and has been on fire in the last month.

Our board seems a little bit split on the trade, with most falling into the 'nay' side - reason being Bogosian's supposed regression and the prospect included, Jeff Petry. Petry's been coming up through our system and showing positive development the whole time. He reminds of a Tom Gilbert, and his numbers look nearly identical throughout his young career. He's a very safe prospect. It's generally accepted that he WILL be (or already is) a solid #5 D-man and every indication points to him becoming a quality top 4 guy.

Gagner's a divisive character on our board, but he's a talented young center who had 51 points prorated last year, was a point back of the team lead, and turns 21 in August. Guaranteed top 6 forward, the arguments are heated on how much he improves upon that however. I'm one of his boosters. We all figure there would have to be a sweetener on top of Gags, but Petry's a tough pill - he was recently voted #2 in our boards prospect polls.

Personally, I think it's a good trade for both sides. We pay for the upside with 2 players who have less question marks. It's always tough to project young defensemen, struggling or not, and I can't quite peg Bogo's value. Interested to see what you guys think.

Old
07-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
Hola gents, Oilers fan weighing in here. Congrats on the team and hope to see you in our division soon!

First off, the source this is all coming from is a serious one and has been on fire in the last month.

Our board seems a little bit split on the trade, with most falling into the 'nay' side - reason being Bogosian's supposed regression and the prospect included, Jeff Petry. Petry's been coming up through our system and showing positive development the whole time. He reminds of a Tom Gilbert, and his numbers look nearly identical throughout his young career. He's a very safe prospect. It's generally accepted that he WILL be (or already is) a solid #5 D-man and every indication points to him becoming a quality top 4 guy.

Gagner's a divisive character on our board, but he's a talented young center who had 51 points prorated last year, was a point back of the team lead, and turns 21 in August. Guaranteed top 6 forward, the arguments are heated on how much he improves upon that however. I'm one of his boosters. We all figure there would have to be a sweetener on top of Gags, but Petry's a tough pill - he was recently voted #2 in our boards prospect polls.

Personally, I think it's a good trade for both sides. We pay for the upside with 2 players who have less question marks. It's always tough to project young defensemen, struggling or not, and I can't quite peg Bogo's value. Interested to see what you guys think.
I canít say that I know enough about Zach Bogosian to really comment. Iíve mostly been relying on the Atlanta contingent of our supporters for information on his development, regression, and development. Gagner doesnít get a whole lot of ice time, but has decent production, missed quite a number of games in each season, and Iím not keen on his plus minus, of course, Edmonton havenít exactly been at their best . . . Iím going to have to reserve judgement until I learn more about the pieces involved.

Old
07-17-2011, 12:48 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

I hope this is not true- that would be a deal that Winnipeg would regret for a loooong time. Small centers are a dime a dozen and Atlanta already has Little and Burmistrov to fill that role. A prospect is a prospect until they prove their chops in the NHL.

Bogosian will be a great player- he just needs time, confidence and patience.

Old
07-17-2011, 12:54 PM
AWSAA

vCash: 120
Bogosian has more untapped upside than anyone currently on our roster/in the system IMO. Kane's really the only other player that comes close and he may be more likely to reach his ceiling than Zach is, but a legit #1 Dman is more valuable than a first line winger in most cases. For that reason I give ZB a slight edge.

You don't move Zach right now unless you're getting another potential cornerstone (1st line C/RW or top pairing Dman) in return. Neither Petry or Gagner come even close to qualifying and we can't afford to deal quality for quantity right now. Please don't hand the Oilers the core dman they desperately need so they can own us for a decade again.

Old
07-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Cleatus

Send a message via MSN to Cleatus
Gagner is one of the last players I want in Winnipeg. We already have a future second line center in Burmistrov.

If Bogosian is traded, we need a right winger.

Old
07-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
Gagner is one of the last players I want in Winnipeg. We already have a future second line center in Burmistrov.

If Bogosian is traded, we need a right winger.
Actually Gagner is both a center and right winger. He played RW in his rookie year and that was his best season, mainly because of less defensive responsibilities and his game is better suited on the wing. That's why I want Gagner to go back to RW.

Old
07-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
I hope this is not true- that would be a deal that Winnipeg would regret for a loooong time. Small centers are a dime a dozen and Atlanta already has Little and Burmistrov to fill that role. A prospect is a prospect until they prove their chops in the NHL.

Bogosian will be a great player- he just needs time, confidence and patience.
I agree.

Gagne is talented, but, in the western conference you need a big centre.

There is no need to trade Bogosian at this time.

Old
07-17-2011, 01:17 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

I say don't move Bogo until he's had one year under Huddy's guidance. If it's determined that he won't pan out, then do something. We need one year to see what develop before panicking.

Old
07-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Damascus

I would love to see a deal sending Omark back our way.

Old
07-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Zhamnov10

I would like to see Pajarvvi and Lander along with Petry instead of Gagner,But we would have to give another player or pick in return.It could be just like the good old days with Hedberg and Nilsson.

Old
07-17-2011, 01:48 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Not happening..

Old
07-17-2011, 01:51 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Uhm.. yeah that's a stretch..

Old
07-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Zhamnov10

Edmonton really is going to have a log jam of nhl ready players especially next year and even this year with bringing ryan smyth back.They are going to have to trade some talent in order to get a goalie and a defenseman that are high quality nhl seasoned players,they can't wait much longer then this year otherwise they are going to have trouble fitting all of their star players under the cap.

Old
JetFan4Ever

vCash: 678
I think part of the equation is whether Bogo is committed to coming to Winnipeg. If he has privately said to Mgt I want to be traded you will see something happen. If he wants to stay in Wpg then you won't.

Old
Ice Whole

Well TreenasOil just reported that Jets asked for Smid instead of Petry. So now it's Gagner and Smid for Bogosian. As an Oilers fan, I would do it even though I love Smid. The thing is we just signed Smid so I highly doubt it gets done.

Quote:
TreenasOil Tracy Lane
The Jets have asked for Smid instead of Petry, the puck is now in the Oilers end

Closed Thread