HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you take Komi Back For...

Old
07-17-2011, 02:55 AM
habs_24x

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Seriously? How about the fact that Komisarek isn't a true fighter? Really, I mean, komisarek is a tough customer, it would be childish for me or anyone to say otherwise. Why do I bring this up? Look at moen, tough customer who turned into a relative cream puff on the habs. Zero support physically and I don't blame Komisarek for leaving. He's a tough guy who can't back it entirely up, being on a team that fits his style is a good thing for him, it just failed though. Honestly, traitor stuff is overrated. He left for a team he felt would be a better fit. He never asked for a trade, nor did he ever ***** when he was here. People need to get over it.
Absolutely true. Actually it couldnt of happened any better. He went to TO as soon as he started to stink, saved the Habs of his poor play for the next 4 years and at the same time cost one of our more despised opponents a ton of headaches! Komi is a true Hab hero!

He needs to stay away from Montreal tho...

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 07:20 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
I'm usually fine with getting players back. Except when they go to division rivals. Komi, Ryder,Pouliot, Begin, Kovalev can all go * themselves. I would have kept my respects for them if they had gone to any team except for division rivals. They can all DIACF for all I care. So in other words, no, I don't want scum in my team.
Suppose you work for Coke and make $150,000 a year as an executive account salesperson and somebody at Pepsi sees that and offers you $450,000 to join them, by the way most sales executives only last 4-6 years before younger men come in and take their job... Tell me again how you would say NO to Pepsi because you're a loyal Coke employee?

I HATED that he bolted to the Leafs and to me it was being a traitor, but when you calm down and put it into perpective, a healthy Mobile big Dman with toughness is a valuable asset.

For the record JM gave up on Obyrne way too early as well ...IMO

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 08:29 AM
neofury*

For the record if management did this I'd give it a chance to see if it works out. Personally after some consideration I'm pretty much on the fence but I'm leaning towards no.

I proposed this in a trade forum thread but at the time I didn't realize Komi still had 3 years left rather than 2.

After next season maybe I'd consider taking him back but right now I think even if Spacek has been terrible he'll be usable for one final season.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 08:30 AM
habsrule22

Toronto with the addition of Franson, Komi will probably be battling for the 6 or 7 spot on defence there. Paying 4.5m for that is terrible. Might even be put on waivers

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 08:37 AM
MTL-rules

The overall reaction looks like a mariage that went wrong

... not many thoughtful explanation, just "**** him, he's a traitor !" ... lot of posters here got their hearts broken when he left, didn't you

I would say that Komisarek is exactly the kind of player we need, but he is a major question mark both on and off the ice. He seems to have lost all confidence in his skills, but being paired with Markov might actually turn him back... As for coming back to Mtl, I think it's pretty obvious that it wouldn't be the ideal solution here with the way it ended.

All in all, because of his big salary, the chemistry problems that could rise with his former teammates and his declining skills, there are way too many risks involve in bringing him back.

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Suppose you work for Coke and make $150,000 a year as an executive account salesperson and somebody at Pepsi sees that and offers you $450,000 to join them, by the way most sales executives only last 4-6 years before younger men come in and take their job... Tell me again how you would say NO to Pepsi because you're a loyal Coke employee?

I HATED that he bolted to the Leafs and to me it was being a traitor, but when you calm down and put it into perpective, a healthy Mobile big Dman with toughness is a valuable asset.

For the record JM gave up on Obyrne way too early as well ...IMO
Did Toronto offer Komisarek three times the salary that Montreal was willing to pay him?

Not to mention that the analogy is deeply flawed. Komisarek had already made more than enough money in Montreal to last a lifetime and lead a very comfortable life. Montreal's offer was also very strong (reportedly). In fact, if the rumours are true, it was way too strong for an average defensive defenceman with no offensive upside.

Komisarek chose to leave. It was probably because he's greedy. He also didn't seem to like it in Montreal. Good for him and good for us that he's gone. He wouldn't make this team better.

Last edited by Montreal Typical: 07-17-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Montreal Typical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Craig71

Komisarek got that contract because of Markov, he was a great physical player for us, but he suffered injuries towards the end of his time with us that took a toll on him. His battles with Lucic were awesome, he delivered some crushing hits for us as well, he was also known for bonehead penalties and his puck movement was awful. He was ok with Markov because he did not have to do too much and therefore his flaws were not as visible. Free agency is always hit or miss, players are bidded on and over hyped and often times fail. I hope the Cole experiment turns out better for us than the Komisarek one did for the Leafs.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

If Komisarek had shown any signs of getting back on track, any reason at all to be optimistic that he might return to form, then I *might* take the gamble... but no, even then the extra year on his deal and the risk involved is just too much. I do hope he gets it back together, somewhere, some time, I'm not bitter towards him like many here seem to be. But I don't want him back at his current price and performance level.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 09:20 AM
DAChampion

I'm really disturbed by the people criticizing Komisarek for going for the money. He's a professional and he went where the money is. That's the way it goes, some of you have a slaveowner mentality where you expect players to give "hometown discounts" or to not sign with the team offering the best contract just to be nice to the fans. Those of you calling him a traitor for turning down millions of dollars -- disgusting. I wonder if you're employed. I'll be switching jobs in 14 months and salary will definitely be one of the considerations for me.

I would take Komisarek back from Toronto if it were the right deal. If you go to the Leafs board, you'll notice they all have Komisarek as their 7th dman. I expect Komisarek to be shipped elsewhere once teams like the Habs have the inevitable injuries and offer 2nd round and 3rd round draft picks for help on the backend.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 09:24 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
Did Toronto offer Komisarek three times the salary that Montreal was willing to pay him?

Not to mention that the analogy is deeply flawed. Komisarek had already made more than enough money in Montreal to last a lifetime and lead a very comfortable life. Montreal's offer was also very strong (reportedly). In fact, if the rumours are true, it was way too strong for an average defensive defenceman with no offensive upside.

Komisarek chose to leave. It was probably because he's greedy. He also didn't seem to like it in Montreal. Good for him and good for us that he's gone. He wouldn't make this team better.
They offered him substantially more money. An extra $250,000/year; add in the lower taxes in Toronto and it's probably an extra $500,000/year.

As for him having made enough money to last a lifetime, that is not correct. He's a professional hockey player, not a graduate student. And in any case, it's none of your business.

Old
07-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Halifaxhab*

I would take him back, but Toronto would have to add Colbourne for it to work for me to give anything of actual value.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 09:35 AM
JackZap

id do the trade just to send him back to the minors and ride the bus

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
They offered him substantially more money. An extra $250,000/year; add in the lower taxes in Toronto and it's probably an extra $500,000/year.
That's a drop in the bucket when you consider how much money the man makes.

If he needs that extra 250 000$ or whatever it is, that means that he is a very wasteful person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
As for him having made enough money to last a lifetime, that is not correct.
It is correct.

Montreal Typical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 09:51 AM
James Duthie
Kadri is 3 Hunna

Leaf fan here, bored so just reading the boards. The odds of Komisarek coming back to Montreal are unlikely as I don't think Gauthier wants another bad contract also I don't think Burke will be trading prospects just for a salary dump. The way I see it, this doesn't work for both teams.

James Duthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 09:53 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
That's a drop in the bucket when you consider how much money the man makes.

If he needs that extra 250000 or whatever it is, it's that he's a very wasteful person.

It is correct.
You're visualizing hockey players as living like blue collar guys or graduate students, which is ********. They're professional athletes. They live an expensive lifestyle. They have to stay in shape, and they live in a social environment where people were expensive suits, live in nice houses and ride nice cars. They can't eat frozen dinners and live in 1-bedroom apartments like you apparently do. They can't show up to the arena in jeans they bought from Walmart. When they're 35 they have to retire with zero job skills. They don't finish university, they've never worked jobs not related to hockey. They have to make enough money to support themselves and their families at their higher expectations for another 50 or 60 years.

Toronto offered more money, so he went to Toronto. A wise decision. The difference was not $500,000 - it was at least $2,000,000 over the life of the contract minimum once you factor in lower taxes.

I bet you think Cole is a traitor to Caroline. OMG he abandoned the fans in Carolina for the money, he must be a wasteful person and a traitor. He's already madee enough money to last a lifetime, why does he keep playing? He should retire and stay home ...

Old
07-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone brought up the fact that he would be an amazing set-up man for Cammalleri?

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 10:41 AM
AntonCH

PG can find a physical Dman with the same sucky offensive attributes as Komi for 650k/yr; so why pay the extra cash?

AntonCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Maxpac

What of the trade was Komisarek for Gomez? My 1st instincts are like everybody else in this thread, "let that traitor rot in hell!", but the 07-08 Komisarek was so effective in his role and Markov had his best years playing with him, that you just can't not consider it.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

If he was still good, I'd take him back despite the fact he went to the leafs. But he has been playing terrible hockey, is not mean anymore and has a horrible contract so there's little reason to want him back. I'd rather get Hannan for example.

I don't get why people are upset at him "for being a traitor" to be honest. I don't hate the leafs that much. They've been irrelevant for 60 years, we haven't seen them in the playoffs in forever and Komisarek didn't hurt us by leaving especially since he went there to suck ass. Honestly, I'm not hurt by his departure in the least. Don't understand the emotion.

Last edited by Des Louise: 07-17-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 11:17 AM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
What of the trade was Komisarek for Gomez? My 1st instincts are like everybody else in this thread, "let that traitor rot in hell!", but the 07-08 Komisarek was so effective in his role and Markov had his best years playing with him, that you just can't not consider it.
You do realize that that was 4 yrs ago and there's been a lot of water under the bridge.
Komi is a shadow of his former self for whatever the reason.

He is not worth the money, he is also fighting for a 6/7 spot on his current roster.

If we trade Gomez for Komi, in my humble opinion, we come out as losers.

AntonCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Andy

No thanks.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 11:25 AM
jaateloauto
Nothing is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
id do the trade just to send him back to the minors and ride the bus
He has a NMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I would take him back, but Toronto would have to add Colbourne for it to work for me to give anything of actual value.
Leafs aren't starved for cap space and wouldn't want to give or recieve anything of actual value back even if they did trade Komi.

I always hated Komi signing from day one. Get a hab to do the job of a maple leaf...

jaateloauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 11:44 AM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone brought up the fact that he would be an amazing set-up man for Cammalleri?
Was there anything sweeter than watching that total fail? Karma's a *****!!

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Habs

Amazing how he went from the highest rated prospect in years, to such a hated man. Just shows you how manic Hab fans are. When we drafted him, the homers were comparing him to Scott Stevens, they wouldn't have traded him for anyone, sort of like how they rant about Subban.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Pressure cooker? He went from Montreal to Toronto.

Don't kid yourself, it was all about the money. Toronto simply offered a price that Montreal wasn't ready to offer.
The pressure in Toronto is just for show.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote